• Published 20th Feb 2014
  • 1,577 Views, 37 Comments

Hate Is A Strong Word - Mr Blu Shy



When an unnamed human dies, he is sent to Equestria, just like everyone else. But this time, everything is different.

  • ...
44
 37
 1,577

Chapter 2: The Hat [Edited]

Every one of the different and brightly colored ponies stood, looking at me like I had committed a murder. I shrugged and looked at the weirdo again.

‘Well? I’m talking to you, I expect you to answer.’ But she didn’t move, she just froze, like no-one had ever been mean to her or something like that. I mean, not one of them moved, they were just scared I suppose, and damn right they should be.

From behind me I heard an extremely quiet whimper, impossibly quiet, like a mouse trying to quiet. Although, I don’t know why a mouse would try to be quiet, they’re not very smart creatures, and I gathered that neither were these horses.

‘Ain't nobody talks to mah friends like that!’ one of them said quite loudly. I turned around and saw an orange one, with a Stetson, wow, such amaze. She, and I now noticed, and her friends all had stupid little tattoo’s on their butts.

‘Oh? Who asked you Breakback Mountain?’ My god, I'm getting better with my insults aren't I? I laughed and then stared at her blankly, she wasn't joking.

‘If you wanna see tomorrah, you’re gonna apologize now!’ she shouted. Let me take this spare time to describe the rest of them so I won’t have to later. There is a yellow one, a white one and a pink one, oh Christ I would not talk to her.

I laughed again and walked up to the orange horse, who I had labelled cowgirl, c’mon, I couldn't come up with anything too good. I put my face next to hers. ‘That a threat?’ I whispered. To be honest, I didn’t think I was prepared for the response, see, she pushed herself closer to me and gritted her teeth, closely followed by saying ‘Yeah. It is.’

I raised my hand to prod her, but I imagine she mistook it as she punched me with her hoof, she hoofed me? I don’t care, but she knocked me slightly, so I stole her hat.

‘So, you wanna play rough, we’ll play rough.’ Yup, I did just make another movie reference. I then proceeded to tear her hat in two and I did not expect, again, her response. She froze and stared at the shredded hat.

‘Yo, anyone else got a problem?’ I asked. The white one decided to get involved, she looked like a bit of a snotty brat to be honest, I will label her Queen snot.

‘How dare you destroy Applejack’s hat!’ she screamed. Screamed may have been somewhat of a lie, she seemed to cry it more than scream it.

‘Applejack? Wait, you guys have names? Oh damn, this is gonna be rich.’ I laughed yet again.

The purple one joined in, ‘Yes, we have names, Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy and Pinkie.’ She spoke, rather firmly.

I continued to laugh and then looked at this Applejack, who was still looking at her hat I had previously torn in half. At this point, a part of me I thought dead surfaced for a millisecond. If not for more, I saw something in her eyes, it could have been tears or something, I don’t know and I don’t really care, but I saw something.

I retraced my steps, or rather my words a few down in the conversation and I shut up. Applejack looked up and she had tears in her eyes. I felt it of the utmost importance that at this very moment I asked…

‘Are you alright?’

I didn’t know what to do, no-one I had ever spoken to or known had broken down before, no-one except… never mind, it doesn't matter.

‘What the hay is wrong with you?! You just destroyed something personal to her and now you’re Mr nice guy?’ The blue one suddenly came back to life and looked at me ferociously. I was now far from all of them. I decided to walk towards Applejack and I picked up the remains of her hat. Everyone looked pretty pissed off, so I quickly handed them over to the white one.

Applejack turned around and walked off. I immediately tried to follow her, but the blue one, which I assigned Rainbow due to obvious reasons, got in my way.

‘Don’t you think you've done enough?’ she pushed me backwards. One by one, the horses, you know I'm gonna call them ponies now. They walked off one after another. Eventually, there was only two left, the yellow one and the blue one, both Pegasus? Pegasi? I don’t care, but the pink one was going to say something, but quickly shut up.

I looked up again as Rainbow walked off. The yellow one, who I can assume is Fluttershy due to her look, tattoo and personality so far, looked at me and whimpered again.

‘What? Don’t look at me you stupid pony!’ which, again I wasn't proud of, but there you go. She whimpered once more and started crying. Then she ran off.

I felt really bad for a split second and then didn’t give a damn again. I ran after the group and Rainbow got in my way again.

‘Just go away!’ she shouted. Pinkie, I can assume the pink one, walked up to me.

‘Don’t suppose you want a tour or anything?’ She looked really sad, her mane was depleted, as I remember earlier she had a really fluffy looking main, she was verging on the look of insanity.

‘Well, I don’t even know where I am, so hell yeah.’ I might as well try to get through this pony infested life as quick as I could.

I followed her to town, she showed me around pretty much quite a lot of it. There was a library, a few stalls that I had seen earlier and I could see a farm in the distance. I decided to ask Pinkie a question.

‘Does anyone you know hate you?’ I asked, comparing the question to the majority of my life.

‘Hate is a strong word... Hey, I don’t even know your name!’ she screamed. Well, there was no way I was going to tell her my real name.

‘I’m not telling you my name Pinkie, just call me…’ Hmmh, no here we go, lemme think of a pony related pun. Well, screw it, I can’t think of a good one. No wait, maybe hoof something or other. Like… Hoof Wing? Well, I thought that was pathetic, but what I said next, I said with a deep regret. ‘Just call me Jack.’

‘Okay, but I know that’s not your name, so it’s gonna bug me, and did you just take that from Applejack?’ she asked. Actually, I did, I couldn't process a name quick enough in my head, so I copied Applejack.

Anyway, I shrugged and we continued on our way. I asked several times if we could go somewhere with less ponies, they are all annoying. Pinkie was talking about some random stuff I didn’t really care for, and eventually I just told her to shut her God damn trap. She frowned, lowered her ears and stopped talking.

‘Oh my god, you actually shut up, thanks.’ Before I could do anything else, some other stupid pony apparently could not see where she was looking. I have assumed by now that apart from Red, there were no other boys in this world. Great, a world full of weirdo's.

Anyhow, this pony was a rather dull grey Pegasus. Oh my god, her eyes, they’re screwed. She stumbled a bit and smiled, a bit like something from a kids cartoon.

‘Hi there, I’m Derpy.’ She spoke excitedly.

I laughed hard, ‘Derpy? Hahaha, you’re such a stupid looking pony, you’re eyes are screwed, you know that?’ Every time I insult someone in this world, a part of me seems to die, but yeah, screw it.

Derpy slumped on the ground and burst into tears. From behind her, a smaller pony emerged, a sister maybe?

‘Mommy?’

Okay, a daughter… Yeah, that’s not funny anymore. I swallowed and ran off in the opposite direction. Pinkie sighed and watched as I just left the scene.

After what seemed like three hundred million years, I found myself walking past a cottage. There were loads of animals and I could hear singing from inside. It seemed to be attached to some sort of giant tree too.

I walked up the gravel path, which I had noticed hurt my feet, and I also noticed that my shoes were no longer on my feet. I continued nevertheless, towards the front door, which was painted a dull pink color. I knocked. I don’t know why I did that, I mean, what would I even do, just take the mess out of more hideous ponies?

Well, it just so happened that when the door opened, the song ended and a feeling of dread landed on my shoulders, for it was Fluttershy who resided here.

She stared at me for about twelve seconds completely frozen and then slammed the door shut and screamed, in a puny voice, for me to go away.

‘Fluttershy, I need to talk to you, now open the door you pathetic excuse for a pony.’ God, did I really need to say that?

All I heard was crying sounds and then it struck me that the only way I was getting in was if I was going to apologize. What a disgusting word. Besides, it’s probably too late to apola… NOPE!

‘Fluttershy… I… I’m sorry.’

She silenced and the door creaked open about an inch, ‘What?’