• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 2,118 Views, 65 Comments

Rise of the fallen - Iron Sides



Gone for 2000 years, humans have to rebuild their once great race...

  • ...
6
 65
 2,118

Question from the Author

No, this isn't a chapter, but a question to those of you that actually care. I have put some thought into it and figure that my writing skills have improved over the past few months and I think I can do better.

So, my question is this: Do you people think I should try and rewrite this story or leave it as is? Course all this will be passed through "inspection" before it even moved a muscle.
So, what to you guys think?

Comments ( 18 )

No, offense but this story seems lack fluff if you know what I mean. You don't describe things and draw them out as much as a fictional story should. Now there is nothing wrong with that but if you think you can do better then go ahead and rewrite the story.

4075560 I completely and whole heartedly agree.

I am on the fence about it.

4077323 the story has never added much yo the WotFR universe really. Maybe i should just pull it down

4077497 It could be revamped, or you could take it in a new direction.

I think a rewrite could be highly beneficial, go for it laddie.

I agree with everyone here, I believe you should rewrite it... speaking of which I think I should rewrite my WotFR thingy to later in the future.

4078288 Take it in a new direction? What do you mean?

4082524 Maybe you should, because one of these days I'm gonna do a major overhaul to the original to make it somewhat readable and keep up with canon.


4084209 Well, you could expand on the friendship/partnership between your human OC and your pony OC by having them do something together that encompasses a major plot line. For example, one of the major things that humanity would want to recover immediately would be caches of its cultural artifacts, like the "Ark" in the San Francisco Bay Area that contains digital and physical copies of every known book, or the massive storage facilities of the Smithsonian Museums. It's an idea that's been bouncing around in my head; opportunistic and enterprising humans team up with ponies or other creatures to scavenge old human ruins for precious artifacts, preserving the history of mankind while simultaneously getting rich by selling it back to humanity.

It's just a thought, though.

4084209 Possibly, I don't know. Maybe keep it in the present (Equestrian time) and have it so that Nigel is actually the main character. Stumbles upon Isaac's journal and it has a plot line in which it continuously jumps back and forth. One chapter takes place in the present the next in the past etc. etc.

((Maybe I could help with the rewrite?????? *wink wink, nudge nudge*))

4087410 Nigel and Isaac? Who are these people of which you speak? lol

4089580 Two very important characters in my SotFR fic, or Survival of the Fallen Race. I started it but after reaching a certain point and realizing that the story was mainly focused on the humans and not the ponies (takes place at the same time of WotFR actual war in the past when humans still ruled) I kinda slammed the story on hold big time.

uh, question. where is chapter 1?

6334672 Chapter one has been pulled down for rewriting. Sorry its not done yet, real life has gotten in the way of progress haha

Crud is it dead captain? Just curious.

7141511 I regret to inform that it is pretty well dead... for now. Maybe one day I shall come back to it but since the original author for the story that birthed this one has gone MIA, I have lost interest. Sorry...

If it's dead, could you please put chapter 1 back up so I can finally read this story?

7454500 Since the author of War of the Fallen race has, well, disappeared. I kinda lost the will to work on it. Maybe sometime in the future I will revisit it, but I wouldnt hold my breath. There is the first chapter for ye!

Login or register to comment