• Member Since 11th Oct, 2014
  • offline last seen Oct 25th, 2022

stallionlocomotive4412


19 years old. Became a brony in August of 2014, loves trains, favorite characters in MLP FiM: Princess Celestia (Inactive here for now, maybe forever, but MLP will always stick with me)

E

June 22nd, 2016. After a year of restoration, Southern Pacific 4460 was once again steamed up and returned to the rails. She was on her way to Wishram, Washington to meet up with sister engine 4449. The rail fans scattered all along the mainline awaiting her for runby. 4460 was quickly approaching a blind curve ahead and straight into a tunnel. Strangely, the tunnel was glowing with multicolored flames. By then it was too late. She disappeared in the flaming portal. 4460 gets an interesting greeting from Ponyville when it's lassoed to a stop by Braeburn and a few others. Twilight Sparkle wondered if 4460 was one of the earlier and only pieces of human technology that exists in Equestria. She has Spike report 4460's arrival to Princess Celestia. Little did they know that Celestia had a secret connection to human innovation, including the locomotive. She relies on the Mane 6, a human, and some others, to drive the 4460 through the secret portal along a abandoned magic railroad that can connect to both worlds.

Chapters (9)
Comments ( 42 )

It would be nice if 4460 could ever be restored to operating condition. But she's in a very bad area for steam restoration. Ever since Frisco 1522 was put away, the conditions favorable to steam excursions have not been met. The only potential thing that might be a game changer, is the new NS steam program. If it ever became popular enough, it could probably get other railroads in the St. Lous area interested in steam excursions.

But even then, the musem staff would rather put 1522 back on the rails, rather then attempt a restoration of 4460.

This description reminds me of Thomas the Tank engine and the Magic Railroad. The one with Lady and Diesel 10.

I'll give it a read. Because trains.

Maybe not the Museum of Transportation, but if (most likely not) ORHF had enough funding for another locomotive, they should choose 4460. It has a valuable history to it. Being the last of the GS series, built for power during WW2, and being the last steam locomotive to operate on the Southern Pacific Railroad.

so what and how going happpen and that end up here?

i love trains i have model trains, a book, movie and other stuff

This sounds like it needs a human tag. Why doesn't it have one?

5190513 no humans in person is there at the time of this story yet just humans tec

i wonder if it have dairy of the train?

>> RainbowTheTankEngine

I've decided to add a human tag now since it was suggested by my other peers. Why? Because I'm an idiot and didn't think of it ahead of time often and that there has to be a human with their own technology. Just a little update.

Never thought I would see something like this on here. Guess anything's possible. But I should know that. Will read it later though, have stuff to do right now.

so what Celestia is need answer why the engine 4460 is got here?

Query: based on the story description from before I started reading this...the engineer was ON the train....where did he go?

Technicality: When trying to make an emergency stop, you wouldn't throw the independent brake first. You'd immediately go for the main brake.

trains is for help people take one place to another

Well, you answered one of my questions there, and things seem to be moving along. Let's see where this goes.

4460 miss the good old day, as for jame what would he find the steam train if he another portal end up in equestria?

while thing bad for the pony, what jame gonna find for missing 4460 train?

well, that jame i hope whatever next chapter is i hope he will meet the pony soon, very, very soon

You should go back on these chapters. You got some real spaceing issuse.

lost in time and space? called doctor who and ask him find it

Cinders and Ashes it's a runaway train! Commence the Season 2 Runaway theme of Thomas and Friends!!!!

I bet this magic railway connects to Sodor too which means Thomas might accidentally stumble upon the line that goes to Equestria.

I just got the post guys, it looks like stallionlocomotive4412 has officially retired from the fandom i'm afraid...
Thuse bring an end to the story we were waiting on for so long...:ajsleepy::fluttercry:
How ever he has given permission to any one who still loves 4460 and the Equestrian Magic Railroad or any other writer who is willing to except this story, to either rewrite the story or continue it from the last chapter .
Meaning that this story is up for adoption :pinkiegasp:
So if any one is willing to clam it for either purpose, I'm pleased to say that there maybe still hope for this story yet.:pinkiehappy:
And to who ever that person maybe, who is willing to accept the challenge i would be glade to support them and root for them every step of the way.:scootangel::rainbowlaugh:
so please if any of you are willing to adopt this story, start writing because i will be waiting.:rainbowkiss:

9225308
I think I'll take up this story, give it a test. I may have to rework and rewrite it, but I'll see what I can do...

9790116
Thank you so much my Friend :scootangel:
I look forward to reading it:pinkiehappy:

Celestia laid out on the table, some blue prints of the railroad cars she had seen in her dream, like the Daylight passenger cars, Pacific Fruit Express refer cars, metal boxcars, flatbeds, tank cars, and cabooses. "T-Rail." she said. "Have these taken to the car builders, and I would like 10 sets of each finished in a week. Can you do it."

The obvious answer would be NO, NO YOU CAN'T YOU ARE SCRACH-BUILDING 6 NEW TYPES OF ROLLING STOCK, SO YOU HAVE TO SET UP THE MACHINERY, PREPARING THE MATERIALS, AND GETTING ALL OF THE PAPERWORK AND PREP ALONE WOULD TAKE A WEEK, LET ALONG BUILDING 60 PIECES OF ROLLING STOCK, GIVE THEM A COUPLE OF MONTHS, NOT A WEEK!

Yeah, that really triggered me. (also that argument WAS also taking magic into consideration)

What is this row spacing? Ah god my eyes!
It's like he pressed Return at random.
Why is 'Braeburn', the first word of the sentence, in a different paragraph from 'could just make out the details.' the rest of the sentence?

No shot they got the famous ww2 HMS hood in there, such an effort would only be mildly easier than squirreling away the Titanic, it's 860 ft long and was blown in half at the Battle of Denmark Strait. Nah it must be one of the earlier ships to bear the name, like the 410 ft long pre ww1 steel battleship of 1891, or the 240 ft wooden imperial era blockade vessel of 1859.

O.K. This is getting a bit too weird here.:twilightoops::applejackunsure:

Login or register to comment