• Published 18th Mar 2012
  • 3,306 Views, 878 Comments

League of Bronies - darkironpony



A typical human turned into a pony in equestria story.

  • ...
26
 878
 3,306

PreviousChapters Next
The Tournament Preliminary

Author's Note: Well I promised you a fight. Sorry if some parts are boring.

[The day of the tournament has arrived.]

A blond coated earth pony stood in the middle of Goldie's ring. His mane was a slightly darker blond then his coat. His mane was also short and spiked. He also had a blond mastache in a darker shade of his mane. He wore black sunglasses which had green right above the mirrors. The pony's face held a fierce smile.

I guess this is the announcer of the event. He looks oddly familiar though. Where have I seen him before? Gah now this is going to bother me the whole time. I and all the other combatants were backstage. Some were getting in last minute training. Others talked and tryed to size up their possible opponents. Then there was me. I was looking eager to hear the rules so I could wipe the floor with my opponents. [Would you believe 640 ponies and 'others' signed up to participate in the tournament? I know a lot, right?]

"Welcccccccome everypony! To the biggest event held ever in Ponyville," shouted the announcer enthusiastically. "Now before we begin with the preliminaries let me say what an honor it is for me once again to be the host of the 'The Iron Hoof competetion' once again. Now that is out of the way let us begin!" Fuck. He didn't even explain the rules. I guess I could wing it. Oh wait I can't because I'm not a pegasus. Darn.

A whisper came from a table nearby and the announcer frowned. "Really?" he asked with a slight frown. Three nods came from the table. The announcer took a deep sigh.

"I am so sorry folks but it appears as a formality I need to remind you of the regulations of these preliminaries," he cleared his throat. "Rule one concerning the enormous amount of contestants tenth fighters will be brought in until only one remains. Rule two if a combatant is thrown out of the ring and hits the floor he is eliminated. Rule three if a combatant is beaten too badly to continue they will be elimated. Rule four a time limit will be set for an hour. If nopony wins by that time the judges make the verdict. Rule five is the most important in my opinion. Have fun!" he finished with a wink to his adoring public."Now with all the boring stuff out of the way lets get to the good stuff!"

A cough came from the table. Again the announcer's face sagged into a frown. "I suppose I forgot to introduce you to our wonderful judges. Two of them I believe you have already recognized as our wonderful princesses Luna and Cadence. Unfortunately Celestia was off on some business but luckily the beautiful and talented Cadence is more than a far trade if you ask me folks. As for our third guest. That one in the middle. The one wearing an old Celestian suit. The stallion of the group. He wishes to be addressed as the Doctor. Good thing since I think a lot of ponies will end up being seriously hurt." Said stallion smiled softly and gave a quick nod.

"Also I would like to introduce you to our musicians for the tournaments," he went on to introduce DJ and Vibes to the audience.

"Okay Folks. Now the party can really begin!!!" he shouted overjoyed.

"Wohoo! Party!" I heard a familiar and very high pitched voice shout from the crowd.

[A few hours later.]

The preliminaries went faster than I thought. I figured it would take all day and night. It had only took all day. [The sun was barely beginning to set when it was my turn.]

"Nice job,"I told my friends as I passed each one of them. Adven gave me a grin in return. Shadic was napping so once I left I heard him snoring again.[He didn't need to fight. He was the champion. He only had to fight the winner of the tournament. Truth be told I was being sarcasrtic when I told him nice job.]Goldie was too busy training with the heavy bag in the back to notice me.

I went to the ring to find my opponents and stopped when I noticed I was the last one of the ten to enter the ring.

I eyed my opponents. All of them were ponies. Although I counted five pegasi and three unicorns. That made just one other earth pony along with me.

I took to a place near the edge of the ring. [There were designated spots. There had to be with ten ponies or 'others' fighting at once.]

"Okay folks welcome to the last prelimary match!" announcer said with as much energy as he had at the beginning of the day. This guy must run on Pinkie's fumes to be this hyper all day.

"This is the battle that will determine the last combatant in the finals. The fight is all set ready!," he left the ring as he said this."Go!" he shouted once he was outside.

Vibes and DJ shared a quick look and began to provide the background music.

[This is what they were playing.]

I began to slowly approach the center of the ring. Every other pony had the same idea.

A few steps and I felt something hit my side. I turned around to find a pegasus had attacked my side.

Acting on instinct I attacked. I threw a quick flurry of hits that sent the unlucky pegasus flying. [Not in a good way to.] To ensure he wouldn't go on I used a hoof to grab his right wing and pulled him in close. His snout met with my hoof effectively breaking it. His snout dripped with blood. I should end this very quickly. I proceeded to grab the pegasus and toss his body out of the ring.

My jaw dropped there were already two other ponys out of the ring.

Before I could turn completely around I felt my breath leave me. The earth pony. He must have seen me while I was carrying the pegasus out. He timed his attack well. I got to give him that at least.

The earth pony prepared to buck me in the face. Lucky for me he took his sweet time allowing me to sidestep the attack and counter with one of my own.

I will go for his legs first. I did just that. While I was behind him I used my legs to buck the earth pony's bringing him down to his knees.[I have to admit I got a sick sense of satisfication when I saw him look up at me desperately. What? You can't say the guy didn't deserve it.] I use my right front hoof to knock him out of the ring.

I turned around to find once again other ponies had lost too. Now there was only four ponies left. There were two pegasi and one unicorn left. [And of course yours truly, as well.]

The pegasi took to the air deciding to fight in that arena against one another.

The unicorn and I set our sights on one another and rushed to meet one another in the center of the ring. He tryed desperately to cut me with his horn throwing his head in several random directions. I dodged each attack and tryed to counter with a few attacks of my own.

Unfortunately the unicorn was able to dodge my counters. Our exchange went on. Neither of us could land a hit.

That is until something unexpected occured. As our exchange dragged on one of the pegasi was thrown into the midst. I saw the incoming pony and backed up.

The unicorn's line of sight however didn't allow it to see the rapidly descending pegasus's body. Thus the bodies collided with one another.

Taking advantage of the situation I bucked both of them out of the ring one on top of the other while they were stunned from the collision.

I got to jump. Why did I just think that? Aw. I better just do it. I would hate to keep this uneasy tension. As I thought this the last pegasus tryed to sneak up behind me. As he lunged I gave into the thought and saw him fly past me.

He tryed to turn around but by that time I brought both of my front hooves on his head knocking him down. His body dropped outside of the ring making a loud 'thud' as his snout hit the floor.

"Our winner and last combatant to make it to the finals!" the announcer said excitedly gesturing toward me. "This is both a sad moment and an exciting moment. For we know our sixty-four finalists but we must wait to see more. Anyway folks we still have much excitement in store for you so stay tuned. Come back tomorrow and you won't be disappointed!" the announcer promised. "Well see you tomorrow folks!"

Author's Note: I hope you enjoyed the little fight. Don't worry there is more in store. Just you wait!

PreviousChapters Next