• Published 18th Mar 2012
  • 3,305 Views, 878 Comments

League of Bronies - darkironpony



A typical human turned into a pony in equestria story.

  • ...
26
 878
 3,305

PreviousChapters Next
A Brother's Rage

Author's Note: OK. So I hope everyone likes this chapter. No idea what to call it. So I'm open to suggestions. Hope everyone is happy with what I did with their OCs. :D

[Shadow's P.O.V.]

There is no way Adven would ever kill anypony. He must be lying. But why would he?

"You have some nerve!" Golden shouted moving closer to the ring. I followed behind him.

"What?!" the white unicorn asked annoyed. He turned to glare at Golden.

"Lying about ponies you don't know. Ponies like you disgust me!" he continued growing more fierce as he neared the ring.

"Golden," I said putting my right front leg around his neck.

He continued moving closer to the ring despite my hold. "I outta knock your teeth out!"

"Try it you coward!" the unicorn yelled back.

"I was hoping you'd say that," Golden said smirking.

Darn it Golden! I don't want you to get hurt too!

A pony appeared in front of Golden and me.

"Come on Golden. It isn't nice to interrupt Adven's fight," Shadic said yawning, "Heck I bet twenty bits he'll beat this guy in less than ten minutes. Any takers? How about you Shadow?"

I stood stunned. He can't be serious.

"Fine," he pouted childishly.

"Idiot I won't let him live another second!" the unicorn shouted outraged.

"Really? Where is he now?" Shadic inquired calmly.

"What?!" Rage turned back to find Adven had escaped his hold.

"I'm sorry for your lost. But I won't hold back anymore!" Adven said rushing at Rampage.

Adven took advantage of Golden's and Shadic's interruptions. Shadic must have just been buying some more time for Adven to rest.

"I won't let you escape!" Rage yelled. He howled in pain as his muscles convulsed. Suddenly an emerald dome formed around the ring.

"Oh no!" I shouted worried.

"That's not good," Golden added.

"I'm altering the bet. Adven will win in less than five minutes," Shadic commented calmly.

[Adven's P.O.V. PLAY ]

He covered his hooves into emerald blades. He charged madly at me.

I separated my blade to block his blows.

He threw a left thrust at my head. I ducked and swatted it away with my right blade.

I swiped at his head with my left blade.

His muscles tensed as the hit struck. He stumbled backward. He raised his hooves to shield himself.

I ran at him attacking furiously with both of my blades.

He pushed me away. He lowered his hooves. A scar was above his right eye. It bled lightly.

He gritted his teeth and ran at me.His emerald blades transformed into gloves. He threw a right punch followed by a left. He roared wildly as he continued to attack..

I backed away before he could land a blow. He smiled. I rose a brow.

Before I could think he continued his attack. I once again backed away. This time I found I was against the emerald dome.

That is why he was- Before I could finish he closed the distance.

He pushed me up against the dome wall. He then began to pound away with his emerald hooves.

I changed my blades into a round gray shield. And raised it to hopefully absorb the worst of the blows.

[Shadow's P.O.V.]

"GUARDS COME!" Luna shouted sternly.

White and grey royal guards appeared in front of her and Cadence. One grey unicorn moved closer to the princesses.
The grey guard bowed to the princesses,

Cadence and Luna grinned. I felt myself shiver at Luna's grin.

Princess Luna whispered something to the guards. The grey guard nodded and began shouting orders .

The unicorn guards stood to try and blast their way into the dome. The pegasi guards made all the observers back up about twenty feet from the ring and stay that way. No one tried to fight against them.

That is except Golden.

"Hey you aren't gonna stop me from helping my friend!" he said trying to force his way past them.

"Back up civilian. Or we will use force," one guard said stoically.

"I'd like to see you," before he could finish a green hoof was placed in front of him.

"I think you should listen to them," Rhino said trying to calm Golden down.

Golden grunted defiantly.

He went up to Golden and whispered something. Golden's muscles relaxed and he joined me behind the guards.

"What's up with Rhino?" I inquired quickly.

"What do you mean?" he asked angrily.

I tapped my hooves nervously.

Golden took a breath.

"Sorry. Rhino said he had an idea of how to break through this dome. And he would need all the pegasi and unicorns he could get. So me knocking out a few wouldn't help Adven," he explained gritting his teeth. "Still I hate just sitting here while Adven could be dying."

Shadic stretched as he laid down on the floor.

"You seem so relaxed about all this. Aren't you worried for Adven at all?" I asked irritated.

"Nothing to worry about. Adven can handle himself," Shadic said as he laid down.

"What makes you so sure he will be?!" Golden demanded.

"He fought one of the Seven Blades of Equestria and survived. I'm sure he wouldn't die this easily," Shadic said nonchalantly.

"Still though," Golden answered stubbornly.

The Seven Blades of Equestria?

[Rampage's P.O.V. PLAY ]

"This is it! You can't block forever! This is when you die!" I shouted eagerly.

I laughed as I pounded away at his shield.

Despite my assault he was still standing there. He wouldn't fall.

I backed up a few feet to pick up speed for a killing blow. That was a mistake.

When I did Adven followed closely. He pushed the shield into me widening the distance.

"The thing about shields are they can be used for defense and offense!" he yelled smirking. Using the distance between us he threw his shield like a frisbee at my head.

I blocked it. I rushed at him.

"Fool you've left yourself wide open!" I smiled at his stupidity. I threw a few punches at him.

He evaded the first few hits. The following blows he couldn't as easily dodge.

He fell down. I sharped my emerald hooves into their blade forms.

I placed the blade under Adven's chin.

Before I could speak I felt my head hit forward. I landed hard onto the ring floor.

"What?!" I uttered surprised.

"I told you shields could be offensive too."

I rose my head to find he had reclaimed his shield. He smiled at me. He couldn't have wanted to take those hits. He couldn't have possibly planned this. He couldn't have!

I picked myself up. I formed a medium emerald shield.

[Chrysallis's P.O.V.]

"Seize the attack on the emerald dome," Cadence ordered sternly.

"Why should they stop?"I demanded irritated as her arrogance.

"Because aunt they're just making the emerald stronger."

"How?"

"I just noticed it. The dome had magic in it. The dome is absorbing the magic and using it to refortify itself."

My stomach turned to admit she had a point.

"What do you propose we do then?" I asked curiously.

"Well one of the guards reported to me that a pony claimed to know a way. The pony's name was Rhino. I have studied his file and met him on one occasion. While he lacks raw magical potential he makes up for it in focusing the magic he does have. And I believe this is a situation where quality will overcome quantity," she elaborated helpfully.

I reluctantly nodded.

"You guard bring us the pony named Rhino. We wish to have a word with him," I said pointing at a random Pegasus guard.

The guard gave a quick salute. He left to find the pony.

She is smarter than I gave her credit for. I'll have to keep a closer eye on her. I grinded my teeth.

"Aunt why are you grinding your teeth?" Cadence asked dumbfounded.

"I had something stuck in my teeth from lunch," I lied smiling.

"Oh that makes sense."

On second thought maybe I didn't underestimate her.

[Adven's P.O.V. PLAY ]

I rushed him. When I got close I jumped into the air. I aimed at his shield.

"You're going down!" I yelled as I changed my weapon into a broadsword.

The added weight carried me rapidly down to his shield. As I neared it his emerald shield cracked. But it remained intact.

He retaliated quickly with a blow to my head courtesy of his shield.

I staggered. He threw a quick right punch to my head. I moved to evade. He was quicker and I went down.

I shifted my weapon into a longsword. As I fell I turned to face him. I aimed for his weak spot.

"Argh!" Rampage yelled as my blade attacked his eye wound. A fountain of blood poured from his right eye.

Rampage grabbed his head trembling. "Stop it. Stop it right now! Not when I'm so close!" he shouted madly at his own scar.

He closed his eye hoping it would stop the bleeding. It lessened it but blood still leaked out. "Damn it!" he shouted frustrated.

The longer this fight continues the more desperate he gets. If I want to have any chance of not killing him I'll have to end this soon.

He turned his one open eye toward me. His other one was coated with crimson liquid.

He reached his hooves out. "I won't allow you to survive any longer!"

"You can't win. Even if you kill me Princess Luna is out there. You won't be able to escape," I said logically.

He laughed. "Escape? Hehe. I didn't expect to survive this! It doesn't matter to me if I escape! All that matters is you die!" he said as his body tensed similarly to when he formed the dome.

Pieces of the dome sharpened. Rampage smiled. "Like I said before I won't let you escape!"

[Rhino's P.O.V.]

I tried in vain to reason with the guards. I had given up when one pegasus guard began asking for me by name. I told him I was who he was looking for. He quickly escorted me to the princesses.

"It is good to see you once again," Princess Cadence greeted me warmly. "I only wish the circumstances were better."

"Me too princess."

"I heard you have a plan to penetrate the dome. What is it?" Luna said coldly.

"Have you tried to teleport into the dome?" I asked ignoring her question.

"We're worried doing so would be too dangerous for any unicorn to attempt," Cadence explained grimly. "So. What is your plan?"

I coughed. "Yes of course. You both know I study runes correct?"

Cadence nodded. The princess of the night narrowed her eyes impatiently.

"I understand your skepticism princesses. After all neither of you have used them in the past. However I believe using the runes we could force our way back into the ring."

"So we slip in and grab the ponies? Wouldn't the unicorn just create another emerald dome? Then we'd have two to deal with," Princess Luna stated irked.

"It was clear by his body reaction to creating one of these domes that this isn't something he could likely replicate. Furthermore we aren't passing through the dome. We are going to focus on weakening a shatter point," I elaborated evenly.

"Shatter point?" Cadence asked confused.

"Think of it as a support beam of a structure. We weaken it. Then we take it out. Without the beam the entire structure collapses in on itself."

"What do you need?" Luna asked.

"Many materials I need are widely apart from one another. That is why I need the guards. Luckily they are all close to Ponyville. Unfortunately they are still significant distances away from one another. Not only that but in order to use the correct amount of each material I must examine the dome's own store of magic. I can't do that and retrieve the materials required in the time we have."

"You'll have the guards you need," Luna said forcefully. She moved to talk to some of her guards.

Cadence neared me. She walked me a few feet away. "She is only stressed Rhino. Believe me," she said sweetly placing a hoof on me.

"I understand princess. Being royalty can't be easy on anypony," I said as I grinned.

She smiled back. Her face felt off somehow.

Then I saw her eyes.I didn't get a good look of her eyes before. She must have had a few difficult nights sleeping. I shook my head. I must get to work on the dome magic now. Can't afford to get distracted. "Princess I should talk with the guards now."

She was shocked. But she quickly regained her composure and nodded.

I nodded back as I approached the guards Luna had gathered.

[Adven's P.O.V. PLAY ]

He then spread his hooves wide. The emerald blades turned to me. They launched at me.

I evaded all his blows. He chuckled sadistically. My blood ran cold.

A sharp pain hit me all at once. Damn it! I should have watched my back.

Ignoring the pain I rushed forward. I raised the sword and again rushed at him.

I felt several blades dig into my back hooves. I stumbled and fell.

Numerous cuts made their way all over my body. I could only shout in pain as new cuts were added every second. The cuts were too much to bear silently.

I felt myself begin to lose consciousness. I mustered the energy to raise my head to find my opponent panting heavily.

Then I realized something. I don't feel any blades. I can still feel pain. Rampage must have went overboard. First the dome. Then the shield. Lastly transforming emerald pieces he took from the dome. His energy is spent.

I shakily picked myself up from the floor. My eyes watering in pain as I rose to my hooves.

His eyes were a mixture of anger, frustration, and fear. I changed my weapon to its base form, the double edged sword.

I grinned as I stumbled a few feet.

"Stay back!" he yelled shooting a few emeralds at me. The shots were wild and unfocused. I easily blocked them as I closed the gap.

Rampage's own body sustained injuries. His body was trembling wildly. His right eye began to bleed once more. He could barely stand now. He was clearly beyond his limit.

"I'm sorry," I muttered as I raised my blade. He roared as he tried in vain to raise his front hooves. I swung my sword at his head.

I lost my grip on my sword. I fell down. I was past my limit too.

I looked at the dome. I guess it is past its limit too.

I opened my eyes to find three guards had managed to restrain my opponent. It surprised me how easily they subdued him. Though he was weakened from our fight.

I tried in vain to pick myself up. Suddenly I was surrounded by familiar magic.

My eyes grew wide. CHRYSALISI!

I turned my head to see Luna staring at me with a knowing smile.

"I know you know who I really am Adven," she whispered arrogantly.

Why would she just tell me?! "Then you also know I'll tell everypony."

"I don't think you will. That is if you don't want your opponent to be executed."

"Why would I care about him?!" I spat angrily.

She laughed. "Because you don't want to be the cause of another's death do you?"

I shivered.

"Well?"

"What do you want?"

"All I want is for you to tell anypony that I'm who we both know I am. In return he will simply live a life in prison. You won't have more blood on your hooves. Really you come out on top in the end, don't you? So what do you say? " she asked knowingly.

I had no energy to waste arguing with her. "Deal," I grunted.

She dropped me and went to help restrain him.

He turned his head towards me. "You will pay for his death. You will answer for your crime!" he shouted trying in vain to escape the grasps of the guards.

I waved him off as I laid down. Shadow appeared beside me.

"Shadow how did you?" I panted stunned.

"I kinda hitched a ride with Rhino's Shadow," he explained smiling.

"Since when could you do that?"

"Since I tried it about ten minutes ago," he said blushing.

I chuckled. And Shadow chuckled.

He picked me up. "I'll get you fixed up in no time."

"Thanks Shadow. I've always hated hospitals. They have needles."

Shadow gave me a bemused look.

As Shadow carried me as he flew I looked down at the white unicorn. His scar had now dried. I wish I couldn't understand how he could still fight. I knew all to well that feeling he had. That desire for revenge. When one achieves that goal they are left with one thing. Guilt.

"You owe me twenty bits," Shadic said as he flew up on my other side. He grabbed it to help Shadow.

"He didn't win in five minutes."

"Still counts," Shadic said stubbornly.

I grinned as Shadic continued to pester Shadow to pay him. He didn't stop even when we got to Shadow's place.

PreviousChapters Next