• Published 18th Mar 2012
  • 3,304 Views, 878 Comments

League of Bronies - darkironpony



A typical human turned into a pony in equestria story.

  • ...
26
 878
 3,304

PreviousChapters Next
Dylan's Day

Author's Note: Title is not great. Sorry!

[Dylan's P.O.V.]

"This place looks more festive than I expected it to," I commented aloud. "I mean it has candles on top of it."

I shrugged. I approached the door.

I knocked at the door. No one answered.

Maybe they're getting ready. I began whistling as I awaited someone to answer the door.

I decided to knock again. This time I heard a soft noise of something hitting the ground.

As I stood waiting again I observed the knob of the door. It wasn't anything special. It was brown like most knobs. I grabbed it with my right hand turning it. The door opened like any other knob of a door would do.

The door flung open revealing a desk blocking the entrance. A pink mare stood on a chair before it. Her pink mare was made into a bun and she wore glasses. On her desk was a few colored pencils and a blank page.

The mare looked at me happily. "Hiya! I mean," she coughed deepening her voice, "howdy."

"Uh. Hello."

"And you are?"

"Dylan," I answered cautiously.

"Do you want to make an appointment?"

"An appointment? For what? I thought this was a house," I explained confused.

"Yes it is and a bakery," she elaborated.

"Why would I need to make an appointment for a bakery?"

"Have you ever seen the horrors of a lunch rush?!" she said jumping from her desk suddenly. I nearly leaped myself. "Let me tell you buster. It ain't pretty. Whip cream and oreos everywhere! In your eyes! In your nose! In your nose's eye! No place is safe!"

"Right," I muttered. "Look I just want to talk to Adven. Does he live here or not?" I asked impatiently.

The pony picked up her glasses closer to her eyes. A glare erupted from them. "I'm afraid Mister Adveny is not seeing anyone at the moment. You can make an appointment," she said turning the blank page around to reveal a poorly drawn tree. It was literally a stick with the word tree written on it.

She picked up the page and made various ooos and ahhs. I saw her shake and nod her head so many times I lost count.

After a short head nod she looked at me again. "Unfortunately he is only free half past um," she said picking up the paper again," Oh that's right. Half past never. You can meet with him then."

"What?! But I need to talk to him now!," I urged placing my hands on her desk.

"No means no."

"I know," I tried.

"No means no."

"But," I continued.

"I said," she yelled pulling out a cannon from thin air. "No means no!" she screamed pulling it.

I raised my arms to absorb the brunt of the blast. The force of the cannon sent me flying out of the building.

[Later]

"That is an interesting story. However that still leaves one question," Master Art said.

"What would that be?" I asked confused.

"Why have you come to me?"

"I wanted to learn how to use swords. How Adven used his was amazing. I want to be able to do that with swords as well," I explained.

"I am not a master of armed combat."

"Which means?" I asked.

"Which means I can not teach you how to handle a blade. Not to the extent a master of it can teach you how to mimic Adven's skillful application of it," he clarified.

I sighed. "I suspected that might be the case." I picked myself up and headed to the door.

"I can not teach you however I believe I know several who can," he said before I could leave. I turned around to look at him. He smiled, "That is if you want me to."

"Of course I want to know," I said coming back to sit in front of him. "So who do you think I should learn from?"

"I do not know," he answered nonchalantly.

"What do you mean you don't know?!" I yelled.

"I mean I have to gain a clear insight of your style of fighting before I can recommend a proper master for you. If I didn't the consequences could be quite catastrophic on you."

"Does it really matter?"

"Of course. Have you ever played a game of chess?"

That's an odd question. "Once or twice."

"Are you familiar with the knight?"

"Yeah. The one that looks like a hor- I mean pony," I said nervously.

"Really? I think it looks more like a horse to be honest," he said eyeing me curiously. "No matter that is beside the point. You know about the ability of pawns? When they reach the very back end of the opponents side they can be changed for any other piece that has been taken away. Such as a rook or bishop. Even a queen may be replaced."

"Ok?"

"Only a pawn may be changed. No other pieces. It is much like a student of any kind of fighting. A bishop can be interpreted as an expert of ranged combatant. A knight an expert of weapons. And a rook an expert of unarmed combatant. All of them are unique from one another. We must know if you are a knight, rook, bishop, or pawn."

"Why can't I be the queen?"

"The queen?"

"Sure. I mean she is an expert at everything. She can move like all of them."

"You are one. One can only do so much. The lure of versatility is great. There is a danger of it. If you divide your focus to much you risk letting your other abilities dwindle. This will cause you nothing but problems as you grow reliant on your fighting style. When your life is threatened your training your memory of how you fight will be what saves you. Changing that will cause you to think too much."

"What about weaknesses in my fighting style?"

"That is what a master is for. To teach their student to recognize ways their own fighting style can be improved. Whether it be offensive or defensive techniques."

"So how are you going to find out what I am?"

"I'll have to watch you fight."

"But you were at the tournament weren't you? Didn't you already see me fight? It was an unforgettable match after all," I said grinning.

"Yes, I did but watching and analyzing are two different things."

"So who do you have in mind to fight me?" I asked.

"A very strong rook shall be your opponent," he answered smiling.

So a master of unarmed combat? That must mean he is going to pit me up against Bass. That should be easy enough. "Alright. Bring him on," I said confidently.

[Meanwhile.]

The pink mare wiped her brow. She felt her breathing ease.

She was so nervous the human would return. She had almost broken her Pinkie Promise.

She stared out the building making certain no pony was approaching it. She looked all around carefully. When she was satisfied she closed the door very slowly.

With a quick sigh the mare tore off the scrunchy that had previously held her mane at bay. She tossed off the glasses. They landed harmlessly where she had left the scrunchy.

She stumbled a bit as her eyes adjusted to the absence of the bifocals. She quickly rubbed her eyes with her forelegs.After she was done she gathered all of business stuff.

With that part done she moved the desk and other business supplies back to her place for 'business emergencies'. For who knows when another pony will have a 'business emergency.'

As she finished she decided she could no longer be businessy. Even for her wonderful coltfriend. So she opted to hang the close sign on the door instead.

When she finished that she decided Adven should know about the pony that came to see him. That he deserved to know.

With her mind made up she hopped happily to the room. She silently hoped that her hopping could cheer him up. He always did say that could cheer him up even when his frown was 'turned double upside down.'

That is why she loved him. He seemed to be the only stallion that could understand her.

She pressed her ear to the door. There was no snoring. She knocked on the door.

"Come in Pinkie. You don't need to knock," a depressed Adven said.

Pinkie opened the door. Adven laid on the bed. He was staring at the mess he made before.

Pinkie's heart sank. She didn't enjoy seeing him this depressed. It was NOT fun. The worst kind of fun.

"Somepony got a visitor!" she singsonged approaching the prone pegasus. He quirked a brow.

"Who was it?" he asked nonchalantly.

"it was the dragon human guy from the tournament! He said he had something super special awesome important to tell you!" she said desperately to cheer him up.

"Oh. What was it?"

"Uh. I don't know," she said regretting saying anything. "But he said it was important. So I bet it was a doozy!"

"Oh. Ok,"

Pinkie sighed. She knew he would stay like this for a while. And she knew every moment he was like this would eat at her. She couldn't make her own coltfriend laugh. What a miserable Element of Loyalty she turned out to be.

"Hey Pinkie. Can you know," Adven said suddenly.

"What?" she asked turning.

"Can you sing me a song. I love your songs."

"Oh so you want a super song or a jazzy song? Or would you rather prefer," she said pulling out a hat from her mane,"a rap?!"

"I've never heard you rap before."

"Then prepare yourself for the rappest rapper in all of ponville Pink E Pie!!!" she yelled excitedly.

"Bring it," Adven said giving a small small.

He didn't like to see Pinkie have so much NOT fun. He was sure rapping would give her some other kind of fun. Even though he knew he would return to looking at his mess he was thankful he had a marefriend who would be there to tear him away.

[Later.]

"Well isn't this nostalgic," I muttered. I whistled as I awaited Master Art to return.

Master Art said we had to go to the tournament grounds. When he arrived he said he'd get my opponent.

When I asked him why I needed to be in the arena he said it'd put pressure on me. I have no idea how it'd put pressure on me. I mean I can still make an amazing performance even if it is in an exhibition match.

I sat down waiting for him. As I did my I couldn't help but wonder about Adven.

"It is true I don't know him so well. From the little I have seen his refusal to see me seems odd," I thought aloud to myself. "I wonder what could be wrong."

I stood up and began to pace. "Maybe a family member got sick? Maybe he found out he is going to be a dad? Maybe he found out
how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop?"

I chuckled and shook my head. That is just stupid. He probably is just business. Kinda rude though.

I looked at the ring again. It looked untouched. Before I heard some duo of ponies managed to fully restore it. Makes me wonder if they may be my opponents. Probably not. Considering I'd be giving them extra work. Unless Master Art is paying them.

"Makes me wonder. How that one pony is going to react to his ring being demolished again. What was his name again? Fighting Spirit? No. It had something shiny. Something that shouted "EH you!" Was it spot light? No. I got! Silver Quill! Nope too scholarly."

"Are you quite done?" Master Art said suddenly. My heart leap into my throat. "I've returned with your opponent."

"Oh fantastic. Then lets get to the fighting," I said nervously. "Is that okay?"

"Sure it is," another pony said entering the ring. He had a dark blue mane and coat. His eyes with filled with steely determination.

"One second," I said making a time out sign with my hands. I turned toward Master Art.

"What?"

"This guy lost in a round before me. How do you expect me to take someone like that seriously?!" I yelled offended.

Master Art chuckled. "You'll see he is much stronger than the last time you saw him."

I took a deep breath. "Fine I'll fight him."

I made the signal again and headed towards the middle. The other pony made it there before me.

"What was your name again?"

"Golden," he answered.

I facepalmed at that. Golden quirked a brow.

"I just remembered a bad joke," I half lied. "It is annoying."

"I know your pain. I have a friend who is such a fountain of it," he explained smiling.

"Begin!" Master Art yelled.

[Golden's P.O.V.]

Golden swung a right hook at my head. I narrowly dodged the blow.

I had to retreat back a few steps to do so. I felt sweat fall from my brow. I wasn't expecting me to make the first move.

I threw a punch at my head. He easily evaded the blow.

He moved in closer. I retreated a few more steps back.

I chanced a quick turn and realized something disconcerting. I was on the edge of the ring.

He rushed at me with murdurous intent. Suddenly he stopped in front of me.

I stared at him in confusion. "Well aren't you going to do anything?!" I demanded angrily. "I'm totally defensiveless."

"No you're not. If I attack you you'll just transform into your dragon form. Then you'll fly up behind me and knock me out but you won't do that unless it is appealing to the eye," he said confidently.

"That is not true. And even if it is it doesn't change the fact we are in the stalemate until you attack," I said confidently.

He shrugged. He then swung at my stomach.

I transformed and jumped into the air. I got him! I really got him! I bet he feels stupid now! I chanced a glance back down to find I wasn't two feet off the ground.

I looked at Golden. He was grinning. He had rapped his front left leg around my tail.

Instinctively I reverted to my human form. With nothing left to grab I was sure Golden was scrambling.

As I landed on the ring floor I jumped away from the edge. As I did I flashed Master Art a quick grin.

I felt a hoof connect with my gut. I groaned in pain as I felt myself fall.

[Golden's P.O.V.]

As I watched the human groan in pain I looked at Master Art. Why would he have me fight this guy? I mean one punch and he is out. I know my punches aren't exactly soft but come on!

I heard a loud grunt. I turned my head to see the human had picked himself up.

He jumped right at my face. His fist connected hard sending me flying to the edge of the ring.

I grabbed my head and moved forward. I can't beat me like that!

He stood in front of me as I inched forward. He pulled up a finger and waved it back and forth.

I quirkeed a brow. I dismissed the mysterious sign and continued forward. As I did his body transformed into its reptilian counterpart.

"I warned you," he said smugly. "Now you'll have to pay the price."

I rose a brow. "That is a dumb bluff," I retorted.

As I continued moving forward I noticed he was just standing there. He was holding his breath. That means he is!

He spat an icy mist at me. I jumped out of the way just in time.

By the time i recovered my balance he had sent another hurling at me. I quickly backed up.

I heard a grunt of frustration. I turned back to my opponent.

He was seething with rage at my evasion of his attacks. He ran at me. I did the same.

As I raised my right hoof he backed away. I rose a brow but continued my punch anyway.

I smirked .Then I felt a stinging sensation on my leg. I pulled it back. I opened my eyes in shoke. He had let me punch him so he could neutralize my good leg. Son of Cerberus. This human is good.

[Dylan's P.O.V.]

That is a beautiful site. One lone pony fighting against the forces of nature only to lose himself. How tragically beautiful!

I grinned at the site. His entire front right leg was covered in a block of ice.

He shivered violently. He stared at me with an odd expression. Not one of anger but respect?

As I questioned this I heard him roar. He was running right at me.

I backed up ready for his assault. He unleashed a flurry of left punches at me.

I dodged them easily. Why does he keep attacking? He must know he can't win.

He roared again as he unleashed another flurry. And again I easily evaded them.

Except this time he managed to lift his frozen arm and hit it against one of my wings. I gritted my teeth as blood stained my wing.

I grunted as I backed away. I tried in vain to flap my damaged wing.

I transformed back into a human at that point. It was a weak point. And I wasn't used to my dragon body without my wings. Against this opponent I could not afford such a weakness.

I eyed his he seemed to be trying to feel his frozen leg. [He must have lost feeling in it. Which means it is as good as useless anyway!

I approached him cautiously. He looked at me smiling.

I threw a quick punch to his head. He evaded it and threw another flurry of left punches.

Like the previous times I managed to avoid his attacks. And this time he had no block of ice to hit me with.

I threw a left uppercut to his head. I felt my face lifted up and to the right.

I looked at Golden. He managed to punch with that frozen leg?! How could he?! Wait! His training?! Could he have really improved that much since the tournament?! It has barely been a week or two!

I fell down hard. My own face felt very cold as I hit the ground.

"I will not go down like this. Not with this pitiful performance!" I yelled. I shakily picked myself up.

Golden eyed me. He was standing there daring me.

I rushed him angrily. He effortlessly sidestepped my tackle. It was then I realized I was standing on nothing.

I transformed into my dragon state but my wing was still damaged.. The added weight coupled with the distraction of the injury brought me down.

When I hit the ground I transformed back. There was no sense being in a state that would hurt myself more.

"I've seen enough!" Master Art said. "Good job you two."

"He did better than I expected. Being all picky and whatnot," Golden said.

"What do you mean picky?!" I asked offended. I picked myself up to look him in the eye for his answer.

"Well, you had several chances to take me out and you didn't because they'd be ungraceful. Unlike Master Art here I say your fights. I noticed in both of them you were being flashy for the sake of being flashy. That meant there was no danger in attacking you while you were soaking up spot light."

"Is that it?"

"No there is another reason," Master Art interjected.

"What?"

"You have no defense. You can dodge okay but you didn't bother blocking any of my attacks. You didn't even try!" he yelled surprised.

Master Art coughed. Golden and I turned to him. "Which is why your Master shall be Master Fence!"

"Okay...who is that exactly?"

"He resides in Canterlot," Master Art said ignoring my question. I choose not to press the issue. After all I'd meet him eventually anyway.

"Canterlot...which was is that again?"

"It is," he began. I fell down. "You know what? I'll tell you after you've fully rested."

"Sounds like a plan Stan!"

"I had an uncle named Stand," Golden said happily.

I heard Master Art sigh. He gave Golden a befuddled look.

"What? He was a comedian," he explained.

PreviousChapters Next