• Published 18th Mar 2012
  • 3,305 Views, 878 Comments

League of Bronies - darkironpony



A typical human turned into a pony in equestria story.

  • ...
26
 878
 3,305

PreviousChapters Next
Simply Sparring

Author's Note: Just heads up this is mostly an Adven chapter.

[Meanwhile in Ponyville. Adven's P.O.V.]

"Why did I even agree to this?" I muttered to himself.

I was standing in a boxing ring corner. Poles were at each corner of the square. Three ropes evenly distanced from one another were held by the poles.

"You ready?!" Golden Horseshoes said from the other corner of the ring.

"Sure," I said with false bravado. I began walking to meet Goldie in the middle of the ring.

I was wearing a dark blue set of gloves while Goldie sported yellow ones.

"Don't worry it is just sparring. Besides we should get some practice in before the tournament," Goldie added with a grin.

He seems a little too excited. I shook the thought away and held my gloved hooves out. Goldie met my gloved hooves with his own.

We then returned to our respective corners. "You wanna ring the bell Apollo?" I asked chuckling.

"Who is Apollo?" Goldie asked dumbfounded.

I shook my head. "Long story," I lied hoping to drop the subject. I tried to return his attention to the sparring at hoof.

We were both silent until Goldie shook his head and pretended to hit an imaginary bell,"Ding,ding."

We met once again in the middle of the ring but this time we had our gloves raised. We were prepared to spar but neither one of us were not going to make it an easy one.

Goldie took the first move throwing a right hook with his right front hoof. I saw it coming and dodged. With the momentum from the dodge I threw a left uppercut aiming for his body.

We went on the next couple of minutes going through that same exercise over and over again. The seventh time it occured I went for a right uppercut to his head. Unlike the attempts to his body Goldie wasn't able to block in time.

His eyes grew crossed and his head spun loosely. Acting on instinct I followed up on his weakness. I threw a few quick hooks to his head until I saw him fall.

"Dude? What the hell! I said only sparring!" Goldie said getting up. He rubbed his head furiously.

The adrenaline I had ebated. I realized what I had just done and frowned. "I'm sorry. I guess I just got a little carried away," I said apologetically rubbing the back of my neck with a hoof.

"Whatever," Goldie said crossing his legs to prevent himself from lunging at me.

[In Sonic's World]

"Why did I even agree to this?" Shadic muttered to himself as a giant eagle robot chased him. As it lunged at him Shadic turned and hurled a small harmony blast to its cockpit.

"Aaaaaaaah!" yelled the old man who was flying the giant metallic bird.

"Oh yeah that is why," Shadic said with a grin. "Well now is my chance!" Shadic yelled flying onto of the bird. Once he landed he smacked his butt and stuck out his tongue to taunt the pilot.

"Get off you pesky Pegasushog!" the pilot yelled infuriated at the pegasushog's actions.

"But it is so fun to mess with you Eggypoo!" Shadic retorted with a small laugh.

"Fine then I will make you get off!" Eggman said pressing a big red button.

"Wow using the big red button already? You must be really serious. Just to let you know you really shouldn't be worried about me," Shadic said as the wing he was standing on detached from the rest of the robotic bird.

"Woooooooah!" Shadic yelled as he plummeted with the wing.

"Hohoho! Now that he is out of the way I can get my emeralds to safety," Eggman shouted enthusiatically.

As Eggman turned his metallic monstrosity to make certain his previous emeralds would be safe he saw a plane fly by. It was mostly blue and had several of Sonic's friends on them.

Before Eggman could react Tails started shooting bullets at the controls of the giant bird.

"See," Shadic said as he appeared from under the bird," I told you I was not the one you should have been worried about." He moved his finger side to side,"Tsk,tsk. When will you learn?"

"Well the fact remains I still have my emeralds!" Eggman yelled defensively.

"Oh you mean these emeralds?" Shadic said revealing two of the chaos emeralds in his hands.

"Wha?! How?!" Eggman yelled shocked.

"I found them," Shadic said nonchalantly. "Now I am going to take back our world Eggman. And Eggman you're going to help me."

"Well," Eggman said pulling out a bizarre gun,"I won't go today." Eggman instead of aiming it at Shadic aimed the gun at his own head.

"Don't you," Shadic said but it was too late Eggman shot himself. Instead of a bullet or beam of energy it was a portal. It sucked Eggman in and before Shadic could make it to the portal it closed.

With nothing to keep the ship in the air the big bird fell quickly towards the ground.

"Shadic!" Tails yelled waving an arm out.

"Don't worry Tails I got them!" Shadic said happily as he flew towards the blue plane.

"Good that means we have six of them. Now we only need one more," he said excited at their progress.

"And the master emerald Tails. Don't forget," Knuckles said a little irritated at Tails forgetfulness.

"Right," Shadic said nodding. "Lets get back to headquarters." With that said everyone began their flight home.

[Back with Adven and Golden Horseshoes.Adven's P.O.V.]

"Sorry again," I said frowning.

"Ugh it is fine," Goldie replied apparently tired of my apologizing. "Listen I am heading home it looks really late. See ya later Adven," he said as he began walking to his house.

"See you later," I replied with a short wave.

Why did I do that? I thought I learned to overcome that part of me. Why did it resurface? Why now? It does not make any sense! I sighed frustrated.

I decided to try and not think about it. I started walking to the Corner. Seeing Pinkie will pick me up. I am sure of that at least.

I saw an alleyway and figured I would take it as a shortcut to the Corner. I wanted some time to think so I chose to walk instead of flying.

As I went down it something strange happened. I felt like I was being watched. I shivered at the sensation. I dismissed the feeling. Well I did until it came back twice when I went down two more alleyways. Not wanting to be caught off guard on the third time to be safe I drew my blade.

I came across a familiar alleyway. If I went down it I would be at the Corner in two minutes. If I didn't it would take at least ten to go around. I let my impatience make the decision so I went down the alley.

The alley was pretty long. I would say about twenty feet or so. Before I reached the end something weird happened. Suddenly the alley's entrances were covered by what looked like barriers made of emeralds.

I felt a presence approach me. "You could have just asked," I joked trying to hide my nervousness.

I turned back to see the figure. He was wearing mostly black from what I could tell. And he had a horn and no wings so he was obviously a unicorn. So now those guys who attacked us from before have a unicorn on their roster. I guess this is as good as time as any to find that out.

The black dressed unicorn brought up his two hooves. Nothing happened at least not at first. I saw the unicorn's eyes focus on his hooves. Afterwards they were coated in the same emerald I was trapped in.

Curious I hit my blade against the barrier only for it to bounce my sword back. "So much for that plan," I thought aloud.

Given no other option I ran to meet my attacker. He had the same idea and we met in the center of the alleyway.

The unicorn was fast but my sword hoof was faster. I was able to hit his cheek leaving a small scar. Or so I thought.

The unicorn had created a small emerald mask to cover his face from being hurt.

He smiled until the mask started to crack until it collapsed.

He threw me a fierce look. I could tell even with his mask still on. He rushed at me again. Deciding not to show fear I met him once again face to face.

He threw a flurry of punchs aiming for my head. With a mixture or swerving my head and using my blade I was able to exit the exchange unharmed.

When we withdrew from one another I felt myself collapse. I looked towards my front legs and saw they were cut. Damn so my head was not his target my legs were.

Sensing my weakness the unicorn raised his hooves. I tried to back up but to no avail. My front legs wouldn't cooperate. Getting desperate I used my right wing to grab my blade.

The unicorn moved forward until he was five feet away but then he stopped. What is he up to?

He raised his hooves and small emerald spikes shot from them like emerald bullets. I tryed to dodge but that only resulted in me falling again. Luckily the unicorn didn't plan on that and I was able to make it out unscathed.

Sensing the unicorn's surprise I threw my blade and it connected with his face and the rest of his body. [I forgot to mention I can kind of control my blade. Long story trust me. ]

"What is this thing?" I heard a hyperactice high pitched voice say from outside the barrier.

"Pinkie?" I yelled surprise.

"Adveny? I will get you out. Just give me a second," Pinkie said soothingly.

The unicorn seeing I would soon get back up used his emerald hooves to dig himself out of the hole he dug himself into.

"Wait!" I yelled trying to make him obey. He ignored me and within a few seconds he was gone.

"Adven I can't get through this barrier!" Pinkie shouted sadly.

I heard a cracking sound before I could answer back. The barrier was collapsing on top of my body. I closed my eyes and spun my sword hoping for the best. I felt dozen of shards hit my skin but I made it out alive.

"Adven?!" I heard Pinkie yell as I let the pain overtake me.

PreviousChapters Next