• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 889 Views, 0 Comments

My Dear Sister - TimeRarity64



For many years, Celestia had been under a state of depression ever since she sent her sister to the moon after her corruption. Celestia begins to hope that she could reason with her sister in order to get her back from her nightmare moon form.

  • ...
1
 0
 889

My Dear Sister

Jealousy, a common feeling most would feel they are young but usually grow out of when they are progressing through age. However, those who continue to feel jealous on most things around them, it begins to grow in them at a drastic rate. It would eventually have them grow hatred. It is not so pleasing. It is not so pretty. It is not good in any way, shape, or form.

My sister had befallen into this critique state during our time as rulers. It was not as expected honestly; I was too ignorant to believe she was jealous of me when her role as a princess was amazing like mine. We were no different, well…that’s what I at once believed. I felt so foolish for not discovering her suffering. If I had been aware at that time, I would quickly fix it, but instead…I felt responsible for increasing it.

She had asked me plenty of times to have her night stay up longer, but me following the schedule almost too familiar like my student’s, I did not allow her to keep her night active for a very long time. It was not out of spite, anger, or disgust; I was only following the schedule which had sunk my dear sister into her lament. When I figured her jealousy had the best of her, I took action to persuade her into standing down from this change of mood and to see reason in all of this. Had I noticed that it was too late and that her mind was set on dethroning me and taking over the country herself so that night would stay active forever.

I’m sure you know the rest. The books, what they say are true. I did send her to the moon for thousand years with the Elements of Harmony. If there was some other way back then, I would not hesitate to resort to it if it meant getting my sister back to me, but technology was not as advance like it is here in this time. I cried for many, many years and even ordered most of my subjects to never pronounce my sister’s name before me. Her jealousy and my actions had a strong impact on us. She was not evil. The nightmare was, but not her. She was just alone, frightened, and wanted attention just as I had.

I eventually managed to move on, slightly. Her name always came off saddening in my head any time I thought about her. My subjects did not mention her name for so long that they actually forgotten about it. Was it best to have them forget my sister? I never paid much mind into it, until I felt the air shift and the flow of magic in the planet twist. I looked up at the moon I had raised into the air spotted the strange patterns glowing and knew my sister’s prison was slowly breaking apart. I could have fixed and increased her time on that moon even further, but I was not that kind of pony. I wanted to see my sister again. So I did nothing and allow time to progress where fate would bring us face to face once again.

A part of me was full of thrill, waiting to see my sister once again. Sadly, another part of me was terrified. What if she attacked me? What if she is not like she used to be? What if she wanted vengeance? All those negative frightening thoughts stormed my head causing me to have numerous nightmares every night. I felt that those nightmares were simply hexes casted from my sister herself out of anger. I feel that I deserved them out of punishment.

When they finally came, I did not raise the moon yet. I simply just gazed at the sun one last time as if it would be the final thing I ever see in my life on the day of my sister’s release. I soon gazed at the lands before me. The lands my sister and I still own. Would she listen to reason? I shook my head to clear these possibilities that only came to end with negative thoughts.

Then, I lowered the sun, knowing my fellow subjects were preparing for the festival of my arrival and commentary about it. It was a day I would sadly not attend if things did not went well with the return of my sister. When the moon was raised, I felt her magical energy break free from the prison. It was frightening to my full honesty. I never felt fear like this in a long time, even after the Discordian Era.

My sister summoned herself upon my presence, glaring hatefully at me with those slit eyes, but those eyes were not hers. That body that gave her the name, Nightmare Moon, was entirely not hers. It was another monster of some abnormal background that only took over her and into that form to antagonize me with her jealousy and hatred. The malice that breathed out her mouth stabbed me like daggers that glare directly into mine. This was not my sister, but something possessing her after she had weakened herself with jealousy.

She began speaking; striking me with powerful words that expressed the pain and anger she had felt on the moon and wanted to lay upon me, but only gave me small samples of the malignant agony with nightmares. She managed to still retain most of her magic and building it up for this special day. It was smart and her volition to reign eternal night was nearly stone. I tried like I planned reason with her, at least strike reality to her that eternal night would only endanger the kingdom. However, my sister did not listen, she continuously shouted hateful words I knew were not her own at me.

She was baffled at least to find out that I did not apprehend her yet or even made an attempt to attack her. How could I do such a thing to her? She did not see it as my last resorts to convince her that I was deeply sorry and that her suffering was not intentional. She took this as some advantage and attacked me, but I did not strike back. I took the blows from her magic, allowing her to lash out her pain upon me. The hatred made her strong, but also blind to reality.

The hatred was the thing possessing her. She had no control over herself. I cried, not in front of that beast, but in front of her covered in the beast’s skin. I felt the pain she had felt and could only express the depression I have been wrought of. When the nightmare finished, it imprisoned me in darkness.

Wherever it was planning on doing while I was out of the picture had not crossed my mind. I was too stuck in worrying about my sister. There had to be a way to save her, but then it struck me. I remembered sending my loyal student to make friends in the small town called Ponyville. I’m sure she had been worry about this problem of my sister’s release since she was the second pony to figure it out. I was impressed by her quick wits and fast plans to act on when a situation like this occurred, but worry that she might not succeed.

How pathetic was I? How could I think of such a doubt to surface in my head as I lay here in the darkness? She was a strong unicorn and had a talent that might be suitable in ruling this country beside me or after me, depending on how she wanted to take it. My sister did not seal away my magic, thankfully, so I used a projector spell to study my student’s whereabouts.

I watched in astonishment that she managed to make five friends that carried similar traits that only few had, allowing them to control the Elements of Harmony. Her journey with her friends to the old castle my sister resided where the Elements of Harmony rested in was long and amazing. They pulled together and friendship in the middle of it all assisted them all the way. It was a heart-warming scene to watch. Harmony shined brighter in them than I have ever imagined.

When they found out what made the Elements of Harmony capable of being used after encountering my corrupted sister, I smiled gently at my student’s powerful words. Friends were always capable of getting you through tough obstacles. They managed to defeat the corruption within my sister and bring me back to their plane, freeing me of that dark prison. I never smiled so warmly in years at my student and her friends. They truly impressed me, but then I noticed something from a distance. My sister, back to her normal self, though she looked young, she was there and not in that monstrous form.

I walked over her and felt my body overwhelm with joy to have her back. The words she spoke about forgiveness were easily handled for I forgave her since she was swallowed by jealousy. We hugged. I did not honestly want to let go of her as she cried on my coat. I whispered my apologies into her ear as I felt my tears water too, sliding down onto her coat. Time seemed to have stopped at that moment, as if watching us finally being back together in a state of happiness. She was back with me. Finally.

I got my dear sister back to me. After all these dreadful years, she is finally back with me.

My dear Luna.


-Fin-

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment