• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 759 Views, 4 Comments

Obsidian Legacy: Sombra - Raven Shadow



Sombra returns, seeking revenge for his throne being stolen. War is looming over the peaceful nations. Can the mane six rise to stop this monster? Or will Equestria fall beneath his hooves.

  • ...
4
 4
 759

Episode one: Windegos? Oh no! Part three

Author's Note:

Hey everypony! I'm not dead! Surprising right? Well my co-author and I have worked out the kinks to how we were originally writing this story but all better now! Sorry if there are any errors but we still working some things out. Hope you enjoy the story and don't forget if you like this story hit that like and fav button. Again sorry about the wait.

Twilight sat completely dumbfounded about the situation, not only did Rarity keep telling Twilight she was sorry but she also promised to make it up to her anyway the lavender Alicorn saw fit. It was completely strange.

"Rarity I'm fine, see nothing wrong." Twilight reaffirmed her friend. "I'm just a little sore, that's all."

Twilight sat up a little further than her body allowed her to, with slight strain of course. She did have a job to do and as Celestia as her witness, she would get it done. Her legs did feel as though they didn't have any bones as the young Alicorn took a few steps.

"Well we need to finish this task girls, we won't let Princess Celestia down!" Her voice spoke with her resolve towards the mission. With the course to the Crystal Empire Library set in her mind, Twilight set off.

The group that had so worried over their friend, stood in utter and complete confusion with what just happened. Rarity was the first to snap out of her stupor and rushed to Twilight's side.

"Twilight, it may be none of my business but it looked like you had a very vivid dream. One most ponies would be screaming from, if you would like to discuss it I am here for you." The alabaster unicorn smiled to her friend.

Twilight's gaze hardened as she turned to Rarity, and with a hushed voice she spoke.

"What I saw in that DAMNED nightmare you mean, I saw Sombra."

"Wait Sombra as in the evil, merciless, cruel, monstrous, and tyrannical Sombra?"

"Yes the very same, well I saw what made him into what he was. I wish I never saw any of it." Twilight's tone grew even darker. "He was a savage beast by the end of it, he lost his family and something inside of him must have snapped once the news reached him."

"So what we saw..."

"Wasn't even a parlor trick to him, Rarity what I witnessed wasn't him just laughing about crystals. What I saw was the most vile crimes to have ever happened in all of Equestria's history."

Rarity took a minute to allow the words to sink in, slowly she nodded in understanding.

"Those poor unfortunate souls that where his family, yes Sombra did have a family of his own. They unfortunately died somewhere out on the land. I would rather just forget everything I saw, please understand Rarity I'm not mad at you." The Alicorn gaze turned away before continuing to speak. "Let's find out why the Windegos are invading Canterlot, okay?"

"Yes I most certainly agree with you on that subject." Rarity smiled to her friend. They both looked upwards to find they were directly in front of the building they were looking for, the Crystal Empire Library. Even now the structure seemed empty, just like the first time they were here.

Soon enough the rest of the mane six showed themselves inside to find the missing members of their group pulling from the vast archives of knowledge. The pile of literature was steadily growing in size.

"Twilight I do think that I may have found something here." Rarity called out from behind a massive shelf.

"Really?! I did too!" The group witnessed their lavender friend rush from one side of the massive chamber with a colossal sized tome.

"Hey you egg heads, what did you find?" Called Rainbow Dash.

Both Rarity and Twilight poked their heads out of the walk way, both of the ponies with horns quickly ushered their friends over.

Rarity opened the book to where she had found information on Windegos, she pointed to the picture that showed exactly what Windegos looked like.

"Windegos are creatures that feed off hatred, before the uniting of the three tribes, ponies were constantly assaulted by them. The Windegos brought with them frozen weather which caused the northern section of Equestria to be covered with ice." Rarity explained to the group with a pleased smile that she did find something useful.

"Well duh we already knew that, Hearths warming eve. Remember?" Again Rainbow Dash's voice came. "We know that but what does it say about kicking their flanks?!"

"I was getting to that Dash, now as I was saying. The Windegos were driven by the union of the three tribes' new found friendship towards one another. So I would believe the Elements would be what we need. What did you find Twilight?" The dress maker asked.

"Oh well nothing as good as that but something that deals with the Windegos." The young Princess stated. "But it was rather difficult to translate because it was written in ancient Equestrian."

"When the cold ones return to their old roaming lands and the dragons begin to burn the mountains of the east, does the darkness that is so forgotten return. With it's treason to it's own kind staining the past, all will know of it. The sun and the darkness shall meet once more in the arena."

"Now wha in the hay is that supposed to mean?" The farm mare asked with her brow arched upwards.

"No idea AJ but we know how to beat the Windegos now so let's get back!" Twilight smiled in confidence. "The sooner we get rid of the Windegos the better."

And so they ran back to the train station.

------#####----

Ponyvile

Roseluck barely exited the doors to Sugarcube Corner when the blizzard struck. The mare knew in the middle of summer weather this wouldn't be possible, with a curious glance upwards Rose froze in place with fear.

Above her swirled about ghostly forms, each one brought with it a destructive cold blast of air that wrought with snow.

The ghostly wails echoed into every household and business place, leaving the local residence to keep inside with doors locked and windows bared. It was at this time the ponies all prayed that the Bearers of the Elements would arrive soon to quell this most hellish disturbance.

Though by some miracle the train would be there soon. Within the hour the train would bring just who they wished for.

As the hour passed the mane six arrived to see the frozen creature terrorists causing a mass storm. Mouths hit the floor with astonishing speed.

"Looks like we get to use the Elements sooner rather than later girls!" Twilight called over the winds that were picking up in force.

"Well we better hurry then and knock 'em into the next week!" Rainbow Dash, a fighter as always in her voice. "Just gotta get back to your place!"

"Oh my mane is just going to get ruined by this wind!"

"Rares, I think we have a bigger problem here!" Applejack shouted back.

Slowly they pushed into the white town, using their memories to guide them to the library. Each step crunched in the snow with abundantly cold air filling their lungs.

The library was within view now, the girls had to push just a little further and they would be home free.

The door was slammed open with the six stood proudly in front of a shivering Spike, the cold weather affected him more than most. He cloaked himself with the thickest blanket he could find.

"Spike don't worry, we are going to spot this now. Girls grab your Elements." Twilight spoke with confidence, they each gathered the Elements of Harmony with purpose. "Everypony ready?"

"Very much so darling."

"Ah yeah!"

"Darn tootn'."

"I wonder if we can throw a party after this?"

"Um I guess so."

The six steeled themselves to face enemies from eons past, they had to do this!

Their hooves crunched loudly in the now calmed storm of ice, making their way to where Windegos gathered in force. As the girls approached they began to notice how the Windegos moved with intent to search for something, like they were being drawn to whatever had called to them.

The largest of the Windegos took notice of the girls, with a ghostly snarl the others turned to face the intruders on their quest. Soon the mane six were surrounded by the thousands of Windegos who growled in hatred at them, each side didn't move an inch as they stared deeply at each other.

The girls stood ready for nearly anything that might happen.

The largest Windego made the first move, it soared over the group with such speed it blew over two of the girls. Soon each Windego followed suit, terrorizing the mane six.

Yet the girls stood the test of power, the Elements began to glow as they readied for the end strike. The Windegos still continued to use their gale force to knock away these ponies.

The Elements soon lit bright as the sun, unleashing the rainbow of power. Most of the Windegos were caught in the blast, expelling many of the hateful spirits. The rainbow broke into two, forming a dome over the town.

Once the dome dispelled itself, Ponyvile laid no longer affected by snow and ice. Slowly the residents peeked outside to see the ghostly figures gone, cheers greeted the girls.

Pinkie turned to her friends with a wide smile. "Let's get some ice cream!"

The rest of the girls laughed at the irony of the joke, considering the ice out the town limits.

----####---

Everfree

The Windegos that managed to escape the dome of Harmony made their way to the growing source of malicious power.

The horn of one evil king.

The Windegos surrounded the horn, feeding off the hatred it gave off. One of the Windegos moved too close to the horn sparking it back to life. Black tendrils hooked into each Windego, pulling them closer to the source. Once the last Windego was swallowed into the void of the horn, red light glowed brightly.

A very deep, dark, and malicious laugh began to rise over the sounds of the forest with one deeply unsettling word being uttered.

"Yes."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment