• Published 29th Dec 2013
  • 799 Views, 17 Comments

A Burning Heart - Deadman1996



Spike is going to tell Rarity about his feelings and takes her out on a date. After all, the date isn´t ending well and Spike runs into the Everfree Forest, where he meets Chrysalis. Things get realy bad and Spike must fight with his own guilt.

  • ...
10
 17
 799

Chapter Two: I love you

Chapter Two: I love you

Spike was walking down the town square and met Applejack on the way who was selling her sweet apple acres apples to some ponies.

“Hi AJ” He greeted the farmer Pony.

“Good morning Spike. And where are you headin´ at this wonderful day ?”

Spike could tell that Applejack had a good mood today: “Oh I was just about to go to Rarity. Why are you so happy today ?” Spike asked his friend.
“Oh...it´s nothing. Just good ol´ Big Mac seems so happy lately.” Applejack answered

“Good for him, how come that ?” AJ´s mood gave Spike an even better feeling than he was already having.

Applejack just laugh a bit and shacked here head: “don´t know, he´s not talking ´bout it. But I bet my old Horseshoes on it, that it´s because of his new girlfriend.” The cheerful pony paused for a second and sighed, then she said with the same happy voice she was having today: “ya know...I haven´t seen him this happy after Apple Bloom was born.” Again AJ paused and looked down at Spike: “So, and why are you visiting Rarity at this sunny day partner ?”

“Well...” Spike thought for a second if he should tell Applejack about what he was going to tell Rarity. After all they will know it after today. Or won´t they ? “I just wanted to help her a little with work and stuff...you know, like always.” Spike lied with a smile.

“Oh...ok partner. You should go then you know how Rarity can overwork herself.”

“Yeah I will, see you later Applejack, and good luck with your sales” Spike shouted as he was going his way right to the Carousel Boutique.

“See ya Spike, good luck with Rarity too.” AJ shouted back with a big smile and a waving hoof.

As Spike went on he was facing the Carousel Boutique in no-time.

´so...´ *gulp* Spike swallowed hard ´n-no big deal Spike....j-just go in there and tell the Mare of your dreams how you think about her...the Mare you´ve been loving for almost a century now and the mare that makes you feel almost like heaven.´ Spike shacked his head to get his thoughts clear ´COME ON SPIKE ! Snap out of it. This is something you have to do, so just do it. Rarity is just a mare like anypony else so why are you so scared. Go in and do it already Spike didn´t move an inch ´Oh...who am I kidding, she´s not just anypony...she is THE Pony. I can´t even describe how much I like her...how should I even tell her.´ Spike was standing in front of the Boutique for minutes without moving, if he were gray, the ponies would think he was a statue. Then Spike's thoughts went exactly the other way they should ´I just go home...I´m not ready for this now. I´ll tell Twilight that I couldn´t do it and was feeling too weak...I´ll wait for a good time...maybe Hearth´s Warming...Yeah...that sounds good Spike was turning his body and was about to face the library and also his failure, but then: ´NO !!!´ Spike freeze ´I have to do this, I´ve come this far, I won´t quit now, if Rarity share my feelings or not...I don´t care...I just need to tell her and see her reaction...If I don´t, it could be the biggest mistake I made.´ Spike takes step after step right to the front door of Rarity´s Boutique. On the door was a sign which said “open”. Spike knocked two times and then went in.

The Boutique was very messy on the inside, Spike could tell that Rarity was working on a big project for some famous superstarpony or something like that. As Spike was searching the inside of the building his eyes met with a white beauty standing at a sewing machine. The Tone of the doorbell didn´t gain Raritys attention, but after a short while she was realizing that she wasn´t alone in her beautiful Boutique. Nevertheless she didn´t turn around:

“Welcome to the Carousel Boutique, where everything is schtick, unique and magnifique.”

At that very moment, at that moment when Spike was hearing the most beautiful voice in the world, well at least for him, at that moment he was as sure about his plan as never before. He has got to try if he had a chance. He took all his heart and speak to the white unicorn with purple mane and blue eyes.

“Hi Rarity, I...I need to talk to you.”

After recognizing the voice of her dragon friend, Rarity stop her work: “Spike ! What a nice surprise of you to visit me, what do you want darling ?” Rarity was glad Spike was here, at least a bit of distraction so she could halt her work for a moment.

“Well...you see....I-I was hoping I could talk to you for a second, I have something important I need to tell you.” Spike was looking at the floor and scratching his head with his left claw. Some sweet pearls were form on his forehead.

Rarity however didn´t notice it: “Oh, Spike. I´m so sorry, but I don´t have any time. My work is in need of me.” Rarity then realized that she wasn´t working at all, so she went back to her sewing machine.

Spike looked at a very stressed Rarity: “Big order ?” He asked.

“why Yes...I need to finish sixteen dresses for a Band called ´´the Trotting Dead´´ and they only want black onyx-gems and red rubies...I have all the gems right here, but picking exactly the right out is a tough work.” Rarity answered.

Spike saw his chance: “Well I could help you. You know I´m good with gems” Spike said with a smile.

Rarity turned around and looked at the dragon, who was bigger than her now so she was looking a bit higher than horizontal to meet his eyes: “Oh Spike, that would be so generous of you, but I can´t persuade you to do that, I mean...you´ve been helping me all the week, you also have your free-time.”

“You know how much I like helping my friends.” Spike conflicted Rarity ´Especially you.´ he thought. “I demand to help you.” Spike look at that sapphire blue eyes and was lost in them again.

Well I could use a helpful hoof...or a claw. Would you really be willing to help me again ?” Rarity asked again just to make sure.

“It would be my pleasure, milady” Spike bow down and knelt to the floor.

Rarity giggled a little: “As always a gentledragon.”

The day went on and at the evening Rarity was almost finished with 15 dresses.

“Spike, I think we should call it a day and stop.” Rarity put a hoof on Spike's shoulder. He sat before a big bag with gemstones in it he was searching.

“Oh...are you done already ?” He asked in surprise.

Rarity smiled at him and said: “Almost Spikey. I just have to work a bit tomorrow and they will be done.”

“why not finishing it now ?” Spike asked, he didn´t want to stop helping Rarity, but also he wasn´t really ready to ask what he was going to ask her.
“It´s dark outside, darling. And you´ve helped me enough. I couldn´t do it without you Spikey.” Rarity leaned forward and kissed Spike on his cheek.

Spike was almost fainted at that moment. her lips are so soft Spike was day dreaming, then he pulled it back together now or never !´ He told himself.

Rarity yawned. “Oh Spike I´m so tired. I think I will go to bed, do you need anything before I go...maybe some gems, it´s the least I could give you ?”

Spike got nervous again ´DO IT ! NOW !!!´

“Well yeah...there is...eh...there is one thing you could help me with.” Spike's heart nearly exploded in his chest.

“Sure, Darling. What is it ?” Though Rarity seemed tired she was awake as Spike was asking for something.

“I-I---I” Spike couldn´t get a word out of his mouth.

“Don´t make it this exciting Spikey.” Rarity giggled.

“I need a suit...for a date.” Spike stuttered between the single words.

“Oh...Do you have a throw your eye on somepony ?” Rarity asked with a grin.

“Well she hasn´t said yes to my offer.” Spike was stuttering even more.

“She hasn´t...why would she, your just a gentlecolt...eh...dragon.” Rarity look a bit confused.

“Well...I kind of didn´t...ask her out yet....” Spike blushes a little.

“Oh Darling. You have to ask here, she can´t say no to a dragon like you.”

“I sure hope so...but I always get nervous when I`m with here. She is just so beautiful and lovely...I think she is the most wonderful Pony ever lived.” Spike said. His heart was close to just stop from overworking.

Now, Rarity´s mood was changing: “oh...I see.” Raritys happy and lovely voice chanced in a sad undertone. She turns around and said with a clear voice: “Of course I will make you a dress Spikey. As I said it´s the least.” Rarity tried to let her voice sound normal, with little success.

Spike however was too nervous to notice it. “Thank you very much Rarity...I think I will ask her right away.”

“so early ?” Rarity asked, a little louder than she wanted to sound.

“I t-think so.” Now Spike's heart was skipping some beats and his little blush was now a big red face.

“I wish you good luck Spike.” Rarity now sound neutral and unemotional.

“Thank you...and Rarity ?” Spike touched Rarity on her shoulder and looked her directly in her eyes.

As Rarity saw the green eyes of Spike and the sparkling in it she blushes a little too: “W-What is it Spike ?” Now Rarity was a bit nervous.

Spike breath out a lot of air and prepared himself for the next sentence he was going to tell the love of his life.

“Would you be so kind....and.....and.....” He breath out again. “Rarity...would you go out with me ?” And done. His heart was awaiting the answer and Spike could swear it stop at that moment.

Rarity was being hitting totally off guard. She was expecting everything but this. She shuttered: “S-Spike I....I....I” Rarity should´ve said ´´No´´, she should stop him right there. But his eyes were so beautiful and she felt so close to him like never before, and so she answered. “I would love to Spike.” Spike couldn´t believe what he just heard. His heart jumped of joy and his body was about to fall on the ground, fortunately Spike was frozen so he couldn´t move an inch.

Rarity blushes a lot now and asked as she was looking to the ground: “will Friday be ok for you ?” Rarity didn´t want to say that, but here brain wasn´t speaking right now. Just her heart.

“O-Of course Rarity.” Spike said, finally able to answer.

“Great, I will bring your suit tomorrow.” Rarity continued.

“Thank you very much...I-I will pick you up at eight if that´s alright.” Spike offered.

“Eight is fine.” Rarity couldn´t even say her typical Darling at that moment, she was just to perplex.
“I...I will go to bed then...good night Spikey.” Rarity said, not looking away from Spikes beautiful eyes. Then Spike was walking backwards to the entrance.

“Y-Yeah...good Night Rarity...Sleep tight.” Spike was also perplex. Both of them didn´t really know what was going on right now.

“I...am.... I see you tomorrow for the...the suit.” Spike babbled.

“Yes...of course...I...thanks...thanks again for everything.” Rarity was walking backwards to her stairs.

Spike was at the door and the both were still looking in each others eyes. Then Spike holds the doorknob and Rarity was reaching the stairs.

They both said simultaneously “Good Night.” and Spike close the door. The thought was on both minds the same. what just happened ?´ But both of them weren´t this happy in a long time.

Comments ( 17 )

Please do go on:moustache:

Fix your damn grammar. I love the story, but please fix the grammar.

3696279 I will thank you very much for the Comment

3696289 I will thanks for your comment

3696290
Find an editor at the editor's group. They'll help you fix up the grammar.

3696324
No problem:twilightsmile: I hope you continue this.

3696326 i definitely will ^^

3696289 Oy you don't have to be rude and as the Deadman 1996 said English is not their first launguage. I think it was very nice your besr bet would be to find an editor or just ask for Grammer Nazi comments (they are sometimes very rude beware):scootangel:

3696690 thank you for your comment ^^ well there are some grammar errors, but i´ll try my best to correct them :raritywink:

3696701 No worrys I always enjoy reading a good Fic starring Spike and you are trying to do it in a lauguage that breaks it's own rules every five syllabals. But don't listen to people who are rude or obcene when they type/talk to you they are a waste of time and brain power.:eeyup:

3696798 thank you very much, I really appreciate it :twilightsmile:

What is that image from?

Comment posted by Deadman1996 deleted Jan 3rd, 2014

This comment is to Deadman1996 and also to Sean66067: sorry for my behavior. I am unorthodox ans anti-social, with some really weird ways, but in the end I can give good results. I mean, my parody of "Cupcakes" sucked. I need more writing experience. Anyways, carry on with the story, but dedicate some time ob fixing the grammar please.

3729585 thank you for your text. Let me assure you that I haven´t taken your comment as harmful. It´s alright ^^ you told me what sucked and thats the way it is. If I wouldn´t want such comments I wouldn´t post my story here :raritywink:

Login or register to comment