• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 2,246 Views, 30 Comments

My Little Brink of Hope - NecromancerX69



Equestria is at war with the Griffons, nothing new... Their only hope is the last humans of the Ark

  • ...
2
 30
 2,246

The Calm Before The Hurricane

[News coming from the Normandy]...
[Receiving transmission from Admiral NecromancerX69]...
Late Chapter is Late! Forgive me but those Reapers just don't stay death.
Thank my friend Zephyr for the pre-read.
I <3 you Zephyr!
It begins...


In case you get lost use this website>>> Brink : Wiki


Chapter 4
The Calm Before The Hurricane

[Location… The Dark Blade/ The Extraction Point] Present time…

“BONBON!” Screamed Lyra again watching the body of her best friend fall on the ground.

“You fucks!” Said Lyra with true anger and poison in her words watching a new kind of griffons coming with staffs and heavy golden armor. They were shooting at her with strange beams of energy.

She took her weapon evading the shots of the enemy and started to counter their attacks with bullets of her Galactic SMG against the griffons for what they did to her friend, only to find her bullets not even scratching their armors thanks to the magic shields in their armors.
She stopped firing once she felt something on her shoulder. Looking quickly at it, it was the hand of Storm.

“Help your friend I will cover you!” Said Storm removing his hand from Lyra, and placing it on his EZ-Nade AGL, he started to shot rounds of explosive grenades at the enemy. Behind him was his brother with a strange looking weapon that looked like a missile launcher, he wasn’t using it, he was attacking the griffons with one of his altered Tampa SMG.

Some of the griffon’s magic shields started to crack, making them take back steps and still keep shooting with their staffs. Lyra taking the opportunity she picked up BonBon from the floor and quickly headed inside the portal. But not before…

“Joe!” Said Lyra passing the detonator to Big Fat Joe, while she was carrying BonBon on her back.

“Thanks kid!” Said Fat Joe, only to be interrupted by…

“ROAR!” It was one of the Dragons heading right towards them.

“Brother! Use it before we blow up this place!” Said Storm still firing grenades to the griffons.
Big Fat Joe deployed himself with the missile launcher pointed to the dragon.

“Open your mouth you big fuck!” Said Fat Joe with a mad grin.
The dragon comply opening it to try and spit fire balls.

“Bingo!” Fat Joe pull the trigger of his missile launcher. It send some strange missile painted in the shape of a shark that says good night sweet prince. The missile entered the dragon's mouth… as soon it entered his mouth it exploded on the inside. The strange thing is that it froze the dragon on the sky turning it into color blue, once his frozen body fall on the ground it blow into pieces.


[Location… Dark Blade/ War room] Present time…

“ARGGG!” Said the Dragon King, he looked like he was in pain.

“What’s wrong did the ponies tasted bad?” Said Shien looking to his ally strangely.

“No! Someone just dared to kill one of my kin!” Said the Dragon King with anger .

“What!?” Said Shien not believing him.


[Location… Dark Blade/ The Extraction Point] Present time…

Once the griffin saw what happen to the dragon they retreated.

“HAHAHAHAHA! Watch them run!” Said Fat Joe only to receive a shot beam on his left arm, good he has his armor or else…

The one who shot him was Riper, on his side is Titan.

“Surrender… and I might show some mercy…” Said Reaper.

“Hahahahahhahaa! Not in a million years! Bye-bye!” Said Fat Joe clicking the trigger Lyra give him.

The charges placed inside the factory of Dark Blade… blow up.

BOOOM!!!

The place started to shake, making the griffon generals and the brothers lose balance.

“Brother Retreat!” Said Storm to Fat Joe. Both entered their teleporter and closed the gateway.

Once the shake stopped both Titan and Reaper surprisedly headed back to the War room to report.

Shien is not going to be pleased…


[Location… Dark Blade/ War room] 1 hour later…

The griffons were reunited again inside the War room with the Dragon King…

Outside the room is a small chaos for the destruction of the explosives, by now the army is trying to extinguishing the fire and find survivors.

Shien was silent in his seat…

“My king…” Said Titan only to be silenced by the risen claw of Shien.

“What happened to the factory?” Ask Shien.

“Gone…” Said Slash with sweat on his face.

“Mmmm… Hahahahahahhahahaha!” Shien was laughing.

“What is so funny my King…” Said Reaper.

“Well we might have lost our factory, but we still have the other castles producing more weapons for the rest of our empire.” Said Shien with a mad grin.

“Also we might not be able to attack them soon, so we will move according to plan… by the end of the month… we take Equestria.” Said Shien taking a dagger from his pocket and stabbed the table map leaving it stuck on top of Canterlot.

“Don’t go overconfident… You just heard what they did to one of my children.” Said the King of the Dragons.

“Don’t worry old friend, we still have the weapons the hermits left us, including special armor for your dragons.” Said Shien.

“What about our lost generals. We don’t have the time to train new candidates.” Said Titan.

“Don’t worry Titan. I have two griffons in mind who could do a good job.” Said Shien to Titan.

“Do I know them?…” Said Reaper.

“Yes… my son Jack and my daughter Gilda.” Said Shien with a smirk.

“With due respect… I know Jack will do a good job in the general ranks… but your daughter is irresponsible...” Said Reaper.

“Let me ask you something Reaper… If you were to choose for the general ranks one of my two children… which one will you choose… My son Kokki, or my daughter Gilda?” Asked Shien to Reaper.

“…” Reaper just keep quiet.

“That’s what I thought.” Said Shien.

“Titan… bring the good news to my children. Reaper… make sure the other castles will have our armies ready in time. Slash… supervise the reconstruction and maintenance of the troops in Dark Blade. Dismissed!” Said Shien, each General headed to deal with their duties.

Once the King was alone in the war room with his friend the Dragon King…

“Now that we are alone… What are those things that helped the ponies?” Said Shien to his friend.

“They look like monkeys to me… Maybe a new breed of diamond dogs or they ally with unknown creatures of the other side of the sea.” Said the Dragon King.

“Mmmm… Doesn’t matter. Whoever stands in our way will be stomped.” Said Shien.

“Or burned...” Said the Dragon King showing his sharp teeth.


[Location… Canterlot/ Palace/ Medical Wing] Present time…

“BonBon…” Said a very sad Lyra… She was next to BonBon's bed in the medical wing placed inside the palace, the doctors told her she will survive thanks to the special training they received in the Ark otherwise there will be nothing they could do.
BonBon was bandaged all over her chest where the griffons hit her. She is resting at the moment thanks to the tranquilizers the doctors gave her.

“Don’t worry she is a good Operative, She don’t die so easily.” Said Fat Joe to Lyra.

“Thanks Joe…” Said Lyra smiling to Fat Joe.

“No problem. Well got to go, take care of her.” Said Fat Joe leaving Lyra with BonBon.

“I will.” Said Lyra now looking at her resting friend…


[Location… Canterlot/ Palace/ War room] Present time…

“Fascinating…” Said Storm watching the pictures Zephyr took from the factory, he passed them to the Operatives in the War room where they displayed them on the monitors.

“This is the job of those… those traitors…” Said Celestia with sour mouth from what she heared from Twilight's lips about how the Hermits were planning to burn Canterlot with a spell.

“Indeed… Still from what I can see in their armors, the magic shield can protect them from bullets for a limited time depending on the armor. Light magic armor will destroy very quickly, Medium magic armor will be just like normal soldiers and the Heavy is the hardest to break, but from what I see the back of the Heavy is weak like a medium armor…” Said Storm with interest.

“It’s a shame I don’t have the crystals needed to make such armors or new type of guns…” Said Storm now looking at Celestia.

“Storm… Those crystals the hermits use… are forbidden…” Said Celestia making her release a tear from her beautiful face.

“Why are they forbidden?..” Asked Storm

“To create such crystals you need to coat them in blood of innocent lives…” Said Celestia now knowing why they killed all the ponies living in griffon lands.

“…” Storm was quiet… He looked again to the pictures...

“They just signed their own deaths…” Said Storm to himself.


[Location… Griffin Empire/ Castle The Legacy/ Jack's private quarters] Present time…

Jack is a good looking griffon loyal to his country and his subjects, he fought once alongside Titan before joining the General ranks. Jack was right now at the moment in his private quarters with her little sister Gilda who just recently arrived… by storming inside his room.

“WHAT DO I DO!?!” Said Gilda again to her brother while walking in circles.

“Dear sister, I just don’t know what are you talking about, what do you mean by what do you do?” Said Jack worried for her sister since she is always messing around and never seen her worry before.

“It's this war! I don’t like it!” She said punching the floor with one of her claws.

“You don’t like anything at all sis.” Said Jack.

“Is not that! If I go to the war I will meet Rainbow Dash on the battlefield!… I-I don’t want to hurt her… I don’t want to see her die…” Said Gilda punching the floor again only this time releasing a few tears.

“Didn’t you say before that you hated the ponies?” Said Jack to her sister.

“Well they are not cool! But even if they aren’t cool they don’t deserve to be killed… You know what they will do to the prisoners brother… You saw how they killed all the ponies that lived on our lands…” Said Gilda taking seat on the floor with her sad face looking at her brother.

Normaly Gilda would never show this side of her to anyone… her weakness… she would only show it to her brother as she knows he can be trusted for he even consoled her when she returned after that fight with Rainbow Dash, she cried on her brother’s shoulder till she fall asleep that time.

“Sister… you know that it's a treason to question father's duties…” Said Jack to her sister.

“Father, Ha! The buck with that old geezer! You know he is not in his right mind!” Said Gilda to her brother.

“Sister. He is the king and we must obey him no matter the cost.” Said Jack to her sister looking serious.

“Ha! I rather die than kill my own friend or another pony!” Said Gilda to her brother in her typical rebel self.

“Then you die…” Said Jack taking his own sword. He swing it at Gilda only to be blocked by Gilda’s own sword.

“What the hay you are doing!” Said Gilda to her brother, just stopping his sword in time from hitting her.

“Duty calls and you are a betrayer!” Said Jack with swords still lock. Once their swords released one another taking both Gilda and Jack a step back they kept fighting, sword clashing against sword.

“Don’t tell me you approve dad’s crazy ideals!” Said Gilda still fighting; now you must wonder what make her a good fighter, the answer is training in the military to follow her brother's footsteps because her ancestors all joined the military or were kings.

“One must always follow orders no matter the cost!” Said Jack to her sister. For a second there he almost got her head but she managed to block in time.

They kept fighting for a bit longer until Jack found the opportunity and made Gilda to drop her sword on the ground… Now his sword end is dangerously close to his sister's neck.

“Do it! See if I care! I rather die than kill my own friend!” Said Gilda to her brother as tough as she could be. She closed her eyes waiting for the worse.

“Then you die for your loyalty to the enemy…” *Slash* something fall on the ground and roll… it was… the head of a griffon statue.

“What?” Said Gilda as she open her eyes and saw the statue that was next to her headless, then she saw her brother sheathing his sword.

“Do you really think I would kill my own favorite sister?” Said Jack with a smirk.

“You stupid fool I almost fell for it!” Said Gilda blushing a bit of embarrassment.

“You did fell for it. You should see the look on your face.” He say laughing only to receive a punch on his shoulder by her sister.

“What was that for anyway?!” Said Gilda really mad.

“Just to make sure you are on my side.” Said Jack.

“What do you mean?” Asked Gilda.

“I am loyal to my country and my subjects, dear sister; I clearly disapprove dad's way of ruling the empire. Right now at the moment I am in charge of keeping safe the hidden and remaining ponies of our lands…” Said Jack.

“Brother… if dad finds out what are you doing…” Said Gilda with shock.

“I know, but as I say, duty first… and the Empire's subjects safety is firster than the king’s orders.” Said Jack.

“Isn’t that clearly treason Jack.” Said a new voice in the room.

Both Jack and Gilda went pale… they turned their heads to the source of the sound to find Titan among them…

“Titan… when did you?” Said Jack to Titan.

“I was here since the fight, you were just so entertained you didn’t noticed me.” Answered Titan.

“What happens now then?…” Said Jack waiting for the worse.

“Nothing. You saved my life once on the battlefield and I save yours now by keeping my mouth shut.” Said Titan smiling.

“Thank you my friend.” Said Jack.

“Don’t mention it. Also I am not here to spy on you, I am here to inform you both are now Generals under your father’s orders.” Said Titan.

“Report to the barracks to receive new armor and weapons.” Said Titan again before leaving Jack's quarters.

Once both Jack and Gilda were alone…

“I still don’t want to go to the war…” Said Gilda watching the floor.

“Sister, this is the perfect opportunity, I have tried my best to get the rank of general so I can save more lives, now you have the opportunity to save many lives with your position as general.” Said Jack lifting gently her sister’s face with one of his claws.

“But I don’t know how to lead!” Said Gilda admitting she is more of a fighter and follower than a leader.

“Don’t worry sis I will help you on that.” Said Jack smiling.

“Really?” Asked Gilda. Her brother nods his head, making Gilda give him a brotherly hug…


[Location… The Ark/ Founders Tower] 1 week left before… the war…

During the past month the brothers kept upgrading weapons and armors of their respective factions so they can become more resistant against the griffin staffs. Also they evacuated every single civilian form Canterlot, Cloudsdale, Ponyville and Manehattan. They sent them to the Ark where they will be safer thanks to the special defenses the Ark already possess.

Cloudsdale is still located on top of the Ark and still being reshaped and upgraded with magic and technology, maybe in a month or two it will be finished as the carrier.


At the moment the mane 6 were located in the play room of the Ark Founder’s Tower…

“It’s almost time…” Said Twilight wearing her freak suit and looking outside the window to the horison where the enemy is located .

“Don’t think too much of it dear it’s bad for the skin.” Said Rarity wearing the Jesse suit, seated on one of the sofas.

“We are at the brink of war and you can only think of fashion!” Said Ranbow Dash wearing the Dude suit while she played pool with Applejack.

“Well of course my dear you know me.” Said Rarity to Rainbow.

“What ya think of all this Twilight?” Said Applejack still playing pool. She was wearing the Tank suit.

“That is something we must do for the sake of everypony… That’s what I think…” Said Twilight releasing a sigh.

“No I was meaning of the pool game.” Said Applejack thinking how to hit properly the ball.

Twilight fall on the floor after hearing Applejack said that.

“…” Fluttershy wearing the Voice suit was as quiet as a corpse with fear reaching every part of her skin, for the single thought of war… She was seated next to Rarity.

Pinkie Pie wearing the Firestarter suit, she was drinking vodka and listening to Iron Maiden thanks to the iPod Big Fat Joe lend her. She was head-banging like never before.

“Aces High!” Said Pinkie Pie one last time before passing on the floor.

“Pinkie you are so random.” Said Rainbow Dash leaving the pool game with Applejack to pick Pinkie Pie from the floor and take her to her room.
Once they were out…

“Fluttershy you have been quite quiet is everything alright?” Said Rarity to her best friend.

“...” The answer was a tear coming from her friend’s face.

“Aww darling don’t you worry everything is going to be alright.” Said Rarity hugging her friend.

“As long we have eachother nothing is going to happen to us.” Said Twilight joining Rarity also giving a hug to her friend.

“Thank you…” Said Fluttershy really glad to have the best of friends.


Outside Pinkie Pie's room…

Rainbow Dash come out of Pinkie Pie's room after leaving her friend on the bed. Outside was Applejack waiting.

“She sure likes to party.” Said Applejack after a few chuckles.

“I know.” Said Rainbow Dash also chuckling a bit. Until they both stay quiet…

“…” Rainbow Dash was looking at Applejack and she to her.

“Applejack… There is something I wish to tell you from a long time… and since I… we… are going to war…” Said Rainbow Dash blushing a bit.

“Me too Sugarcube…” Said Applejack also blushing.

“I…” They both say…

“You go first.” Said Applejack.

“No, you go first.” Said Rainbow Dash.

“How about both at the same time…” Said Applejack still blushing.

“Sure…” Said Rainbow Dash also blushing. A minute pass until…

“I am in love with you!” Screamed Rainbow Dash.

“I miss applebuck- wait, WHAT!?!” Said Applejack not expecting that.

What she also didn’t expect was… a kiss on the lips from Rainbow Dash… Once Dash removed the kiss from her friend she looked at her really surprised.

“I-I am sorry!” Said Rainbow Dash about to get away only to be stopped by Applejack's strong hoof holding her down and with a quick movement she returned the kiss to her best friend with more passion…


[Location… Canterlot/ Palace/ War Room] 1 day left…

“It’s time…” Said Storm observing the hologram table where the troops of the enemy has began to march toward their destiny… War…

Right now all Operatives in the war room were clicking buttons at high speed preparing everything for the coming war, receiving reports from the main cities they shall defend, also sending orders to every command post superior.

“Hahahaha! The fun is about to start!” Said Big Fat Joe with his typical lust for battle.

“Operative BonBon report!” Said Celestia to BonBon; Who was recently assigned to work in the war room since the medics won’t allow her to join the ground forces because of the wound she receive in Dark Blade.

“Canterlot PonySecurity defenses are ready!” Said BonBon not removing her eyes from her computer screen that is sending her full details of Canterlot PonySecurity forces.

“Operative Lyra report!” Said Luna to Lyra; She is willing to stay with her best friend no matter the odds.

“Manehattan PonyResistance defenses are ready!” Said Lyra also not removing her eyes from her computer screen and receiving full details of Manehattan PonyResistance forces.

“Everything is going according to plan…” Said Storm now having visual in the main screen of the war room. He can see in it both factions moving around quickly each heading to their designated post.

“Open link with the Ark!” Said Fat Joe to one of the Operatives.

“Link open!” Said Moondancer.
On the screen now appear the mane 6 with spike in the master control room of the founders tower.

“Storm! Joe! The last minute preparations are underway! Also double checking the checklist!” Said Twilight.

“What about the civilians?...” Asked Storm.

“All hidded in the bunkers!” Said Twilight again.

“And the Warpilots?” Asked Fat Joe.

“Ready and waiting with their respective drop teams! Isn’t that right Fluttershy?” Said now Rainbow Dash and observing her friend.

“Hep…” Said Fluttershy hidden behind her mane, she was assigned to one of the PonyResistance medical Warpilot helicopters.

“Don’t worry Joe we will head to our designated locations before dawn! Ark signing off!” Said Twilight before the link was closed.

“Storm.” Said Celestia.

“Yes my goddess...” Said Storm.

“Thank you for everything.” Said Celestia really grateful for the Ark survivors' help.

“Thank me when the war is over… for now all we can do is wait for it…” Said Storm again observing the hologram table.


[Location… Griffin Empire borders far away from the Everfree Forest] Present time…

The Griffons are marching… their steps could almost be mistaken by the sound of an earthquake… flying above them are the dragons of the dark swamps, they are carrying the griffon elites on their backs for their armor is too heavy to be able to fly on it or march quickly…
Following the dragons on war griffon zeppelins is the kings with their Generals each with their special dark elite forces.


On board of the Shadow zeppelin.

“Rainbow…” Said Gilda at the head of her zeppelin bridge.

“General Gilda, is everything alright?” Said Skull her personal griffon captain.

“Yes everything is fine… Are the troops ready?” Said Gilda changing her personality to one of honor and duty.

“They are ready to die for you General.” Said Skull.

“Skull… Do you trust me?” Asked Gilda.

“Till the end of times.” Said Skull.

“Good…” Said Gilda observing the ground griffin troops.


On board of the Master zeppelin…

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!” It was Shien laughing and drinking wine in a throne made out of gold, placed on his favorite war zeppelin.

“Soon my friend those ponies will be nothing more than dust.” Said the King of the dragons on a throne similar to Shien placed next to him.

“I know! Tomorrow will be our victory!” Said Shien asking for more wine from one of the griffon captains that were escorting them.

Both kings toast for it and kept drinking wine.


On board of the Sinner zeppelin…

Jack was in deep mental concentration on the bridge until…

“General Jack your troops are ready to battle.” Said Fab the most loyal of the Captains and his friend.

“Fab… Where is your loyalty and my troops?” Said Jack.

“The Empire and its subjects!” Said Fab.

“And the king?” Said Jack.

“Can go buck himself!” Said Fab.

“Exactly my friend we are going to change the battle for the good of everyone when the time is right.” Said Jack smiling knowing there is hope for everyone… this was decided by the hand of the griffin gods of peace…


On board of the Scythe zeppelin…

“Death has arrived and nopony will survive…” Said Reaper looking in the distance ready for another victory in the name of the King… yet he couldn’t place a claw of why he believes this war is not going to be easy…


[Location… Canterlot] Present time…

“Did somepony just talked about me?” Said Derpy cleaning her nose after sneezing for no reason making a screen appear out of nowhere with different options...


[Please choose the faction story you wish to see first in the coming war]

[PonySecurity Campaing] or [PonyResistance Campaing]


Hope you people like this chapter and please help Derpy by choosing whose side you wish to see first on the next chapter by leaving me a comment.

Thank you Zephyr!

Comments ( 12 )

Do it like it was done in the game, with resistance then Security. Keep goin and stay golden^^

Now that is good mate. Derpy camio, LOVE IT!!! :heart:
Need more Derpy camios thow :derpytongue2:

428039 :pinkiecrazy: Silly she is already on PonySecurity. But I take your vote is PonySecurity first right?

PonyResistance then PonySecurity

THEY HAVE TAKEN OUR COMMAND POST!
THEY HAVE TAKEN OUR COMMAND POST!

Yeah it's f***** annoying ain't it?

But seriously, love this fic, Resistance first pls.:twilightsmile:

Comment posted by OutcastDefender101 deleted Oct 26th, 2013

Good chapter keep it up

Damn there's no more l was getting into it

Login or register to comment