• Published 23rd Dec 2013
  • 779 Views, 6 Comments

Love and Ink: The Love I never had. - MajorFrostwing



Jack Ink is visited by a little pony one day who takes him to her world. to learn the true meaning of friendship.

  • ...
4
 6
 779

The Place I Want To Be...

Love and Ink
The Place I Want To Be...

By: Major Frostwing

It has been 6 months since I returned to my world... I just want to go back but I don't have my magic anymore. I have been writing my adventures down on paper keeping everything fresh in my mind. I still miss Twilight and my children. I stood up and walked to my coffee maker I stared into the black liquid and smiled. It was just like that day so long ago when I first met Twilight. I felt the tears stream down my cheeks I walked to my mirror and placed my hand on it. "I want to go back I want to see all of you it has been so long." I said as I slumped down in front my mirror. I heard the rain falling down outside. "Twilight I miss you." I said through my tears.

Back in Equestria.

Twilight was researching the spell she used before to get to Jack's world she hasn't slept in days she just won't stop. Silence walked up to her. "Mom you need to sleep." he said concerned for her. Twilight looked down at him smiling she looked drained of all energy.

"Not yet honey. Go play with Serena I need to do this." She said as she went back to reading it was all she could do to keep her sane. Silence went to the other room to play with his sister.

Princess Celestia appeared before Twilight. Twilight never looked up. "Twilight you need to stop it has been months you need to rest this is not healthy." She said concerned. Twilight continued to work figuring out what she needed to know. "Twilight stop please you are harming yourself by doing this you can't bring him back." She said with sorrow in her voice. Twilight slammed her hoof on the desk as hard as she could causing it to break.

"I refuse to believe that Princess Celestia I will not let my husband the hero of Equestria to rot in his own world not knowing if he could ever see his children or the world he loves with all his heart." She stated as she took the book to a different desk and continued to study.

"Then do you mind if I help then?" A voice echoed in the home Discord walked in through a window. "I know what spell to use to bring him back the down side is you will only have a few seconds to pull him through otherwise you will be stuck in his world." Discord said walking around Twilight. "Hope that he is by the mirror when you arrive if not you will have to return and the portal will never open again." He smiled. "Only one chance will you take it Princess?" Discord asked with a smile.

"I would go to the ends of Equestria to bring him back." She said sternly. "He saved me I will save him." She closed the book and sat it down. "How long will it take to do the spell?" Twilight asked she wanted him back as soon as possible.

"Four days My dear Twilight sleep for now you will need to be awake for 4 days straight to do this spell no distractions." Discord said calmly. "Jack used this spell to save Equestria the only reason the portal can be opened again is because he took something with him from this world." Discord smiled. "The ring you gave him on your wedding day he still hasn't taken it off." Discord sighed. "If the spell doesn't work and you don't get him in the few seconds you have the portal will take what belongs in this world back and it will close forever. Do you understand?" He asked a final time.

"Discord tell me what to do." Twilight said in a dangerous tone. This was it what needed to be done to bring him back. Twilight will make it happen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Jack's apartment...

I sat there in front of the mirror un-moving I didn't want to leave it. "My only connection to Twilight is right here." I said as I placed my hand on the mirror. I heard a knock at the door probably Vladimier. I walked up and opened the door. He walked inside.

"Hey Jackie boy how you been?" He asked the thought that he could act so casually with me annoyed me but I understood that he really never wanted to be my friend. I was just a tool to him. Disposable and replaceable. "It's so good to have you back. Have you been working on that book we need it soon?" he said looking at the book I had been working on and I smacked his hand. "What the hell man I'm your publisher I have a right to look." He said rubbing his hand.

"Not this book Vladimier this is for me and only me." I said as I picked up the stack of papers and put them in my bag. "And yes I finished that other book a week ago this is my final work." I said as I handed the manuscript to him. "Now get out I need time to myself so I can think." I said as I sat down next to the mirror holding onto my bag. Vladimier sighed and walked out. I stared at the mirror crying. "Twilight I hope you can find your way here again I want to see you so bad." I said as I saw the mirror ripple and glow lightly. My heart nearly jumped out of my chest when I saw it glow brighter. A pony jumped out of the mirror and I nearly broke down crying at who I saw.

"Hello honey lets get you home you have been lost for too long." Twilight said as I picked up my bag I picked her up as well and jumped into the portal I didn't even hesitate I wanted this to live with Twilight was all I ever wanted in life.

I woke up on the ground the sun on me warmed me up I sat up to see a group of ponies surrounding me. I slowly stood up looking at my body I was still human except I had wings and my horn. I began walking towards the library I saw Twilight outside waiting for me she cast a spell and I felt myself shift and I was walking on all fours. I was a pony again. I saw Silence and Serena they ran towards me tears streamed down my cheeks as I felt them run into me I hugged them tightly crying I was so happy. My flank glowed as my cutie mark returned. Twilight walked up to me I bowed to her and she kissed my forehead then I felt her hoof hit me over the head which put my head into the dirt I looked up and saw Twilight crying out of joy.

"Don't ever do that again." Twilight cried out she hugged me tightly still crying. "Promise me Jack. Promise me you won't ever do that again." She said through her tears.

"I promise my love I promise to never do that again." I smiled as I held her.

"Pinkie Pie promise?" She said and I smiled laughing as we all began to laugh.

"Cross my flank and hope to fly, Stick a cupcake in my eye." I said as I kissed her. "Now lets get inside. You look like you have gone through hell without me here." I said to Twilight as I felt her collapse in my arms asleep.

The next few days were filled with praise and happiness for my sacrifice. I showed everyone my book on my adventures in Equestria I had it published with what I have to say is my greatest title. "Love and Ink." Ponies from all around have read my book I continue to write even to this day sadly I have seen my family grow old and pass away Twilight still stands by me. We vowed to never leave each other's side. It has been nearly 2000 years since that fateful day in my world. "I guess I made the right choice coming here." I said as I finished typing my most recent book I smiled as a tear streamed down my cheek looking at the first picture of Twilight and myself.

"Jack we have to go to Princess Solarus' Coronation." Twilight yelled up to me. I closed the book and smiled.

"Coming Twilight." I yelled down as I put my crown on my head as I left my study. "I will never forget their sacrifices and the pain they went through for everyone." I said to myself. "I thank all of you for what you shown me." I said as a tear streamed down my cheek. There were hundreds of pictures hanging on the walls of the events Jack and Twilight had gone through some good some bad. But they all said the same thing. Friends may come and go but they will never pass they remain in our memories forever held onto those who live. "Heros come and go but legends... Never die."

The End... Or is it?

Comments ( 2 )

I can tell this has the swim problems as the last chapter and is pretty cheasy. The first chapter was good but the quality seamed to go down after that. And also

The End... Or is it?

really...

4013163

I Will be going back to the story writing new short adventures and continuing the story.

Login or register to comment