• Published 23rd Dec 2013
  • 780 Views, 6 Comments

Love and Ink: The Love I never had. - MajorFrostwing



Jack Ink is visited by a little pony one day who takes him to her world. to learn the true meaning of friendship.

  • ...
4
 6
 780

The Ending I Didn't Want...

Love and Ink:
The Ending I Didn't Want...

By: Major Frostwing

I woke up in bed Twilight next to me I nuzzled her lightly and she stirred. "Twilight we should get up we have a dinner with Cadance and Shining tonight." I nudged her again.

"Five more minutes." She groaned I sighed getting out of bed I looked at the clock it was 2 in the afternoon.

"Twilight we have five hours before we have to be there." I told her and she rolled over. I knew one thing that would wake her up but I hated using it. "Twilight we are going to be LATE!" I yelled. She was out of bed in a heartbeat.

"How much time do we have?" She asked in a panic. "I'm never late I can't be late." She was in a frenzy now.

"Twilight." I said calmly.

"What would Princess Celestia think if she found out I was late." She was getting a shower.

"Twilight calm down." I said into the bathroom. see why I don't like using it. I rolled my eyes as she ran right into me.

"Why aren't you getting ready Jack we will be late at your pace." She said walking past me I picked her up with my magic and levitated her.

"Twilight we have five hours till we have to be there." I said with a smile. "I wanted you up so we could enjoy what's left of the day together not just in bed sleeping." I stated. She pouted.

"You know I hate being late." She looked annoyed at me.

"Sweetie you know I only do it when I know we don't have much time." I smiled and she sighed a knocked her hoof against my forehead.

"Don't do that again." She stated.

"Yes ma'am." I said with a salute.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was prepared for dinner tonight. Wearing my new suit made me happy I looked into the box next to my bed I opened it slowly staring at the crown inside. I still wasn't used to it the black gem in the center of the shield I picked it up and looked over it. "The Prince of Protection only here to protect others and save what needs to be saved." I said as I sat the crown down everything felt wrong. I felt as if I took another's life to keep mine. "Prince Oath what did you see in me that made you give everything up on me?" I asked calmly. This was the first time I questioned Prince Oath's judgement about me. "Why did you do it?" I asked as i set the crown back into the box.

Twilight walked out of the bathroom dressed up she was wearing her crown she saw me put mine away. "Are you not going to wear it tonight?" She asked me calmly. I shook my head no. She sat down next to me placing her hoof ontop of mine. "Your wondering about Prince Oath's choice in you aren't you?" She asked me I nodded. "I think he saw who you really were a man not just a colt or a pony but a man who would do anything for those he loved." She said calmly I looked up to her with a smile. "He saw your heart and saw that it was made of gold though it had been scratched and stained it was being polished by the people around you." She said as she kissed my cheek. "Wear your crown with pride. For he chose you to be the Prince to protect us all." She said as she pulled my crown out and placed it on my head.

I smiled to her. "Thank you Twilight it means a lot to me." I said as I stood looking her in the eyes I gave her a kiss on the lips. "Shall we go now I think we will be late if I brood over this any longer." I said with a smile but there was still pain in my smile. I no longer questioned Prince Oath's choice but rather Questioned my resolve to maintain my position as the Prince.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at the Resturaunt we walked up to the waiter and he showed us to our table. "I wonder how the coffee is here." I stated as I continued to walk we found the table Shining Armor and Cadance were sitting. Twilight and myself bowed to them and they bowed back. "So how are you two doing?" I asked smiling as I sat down with Twilight.

"Good. Hope you didn't have a hard time finding this place it is a hidden gem. No pun intended." Cadance said with a light giggle. All of us chuckled at the play on words.

I ordered coffee as usual old habits die hard. While everyone else ordered wine. I calmly waited for my coffee. "So has it been peaceful here Cadance no attacks?" I asked it was my job to guard all of Equestria with my magic but sometimes things slipped by my guard. I was always sent to deal with those problems which I felt harmed my relationship with Twilight but she always came with me. She helped keep others safe as I fought off the threat.

Cadance only smiled. "No Jack no threats as of late not many people try and attack Equestria anymore since you became the Prince of Protection." She said calmly. "But there has been intel about an incoming attack from Saddle Arabia." She said in a whisper. "Seems King Wind wants your head on a spear for your little stunt." She said and I knew what she meant.

I didn't smile. "I did what needed to be done to save Twilight I have no regrets." I said calmly Twilight placed a hoof on my arm I looked to her. She was worried I could tell but I only smiled to her. "I won't let him take you Twilight I will protect you as I always have." I said as I kissed her cheek. I felt a presence in my head. "Silence you should be in bed not in my head listening to this conversation." I said out loud Twilight looked at me giggling.

"Sorry Dad I just miss you and Mom." He said to me sadly. I only smiled.

"I know son now get to bed we can talk in the morning." I said to him I felt him leave my mind I sighed. "He is a little trouble maker." I said with a chuckle.

"Just like his father." Twilight said giggling. I looked at her with mock hurt.

"Hey I don't get into trouble Twilight. Well not as much as I used to." I said laughing everyone else laughed as well. Our drinks finally arrived I smiled as I took a sip of the coffee. It warmed me to the bone.

"Hey Jack I noticed something weird." Shining said to me I looked up confused I sipped my coffee and set it down.

"What's weird is it my mane? Is it not sitting right?" I asked as I tried to fix it. Twilight stopped me and giggled. "Ok I'll bite what's so weird about me?" I asked Shining with a smile.

"You never drink Jack you only order coffee why not share a drink with us." He said as he moved the bottle of wine towards me. I looked at the bottle and raised my hoof.

"I can't drink. Can't hold my alcohol." I said calmly looking at the bottle of wine I closed my eyes for only a second thinking when I felt the bottle being shoved in my mouth.

"Don't be like that drink with us." I felt the entire bottle drain down my throat. I moved it away from my mouth. I looked up lazily. "Uhhh... Jack you ok?" Shining asked concerned.

"I'm finez." I slurred out as I giggled my head hit the table hard. Twilight was now really concerned. "I wonderz whats we canzzz do tonight." I slurred as I sat back in my chair and fell over giggling.

"Shining why would you do that?" Twilight asked angrily. I jumped up and wrapped my arms around Twilight smiling like an idiot.

Cadance smacked Shining "He said he didn't want to drink dear why did you do that?" Cadance asked Shining she was made with him.

"Sorry I just wanted him to lighten up he is always work he needs to let loose even if it is for a night." Shining said trying to justify his reasoning.

"Twilight lets go somewhere." I whispered to her then giggled as I fell over a few of the waiters helped me into my chair. "Thank you sirz." I said with a mock salute I was smashed and knew I needed to leave. Twilight helped me up.

"I'm sorry the dinner was ruined Cadance." Twilight said apologetically. Cadance waived a dismissive hoof.

"It's not your fault Twilight I will have a word with Shining tonight about this matter just enjoy your stay in the kingdom." Cadance said with a smile. Twilight transported herself and I to our hotel I fell to the floor and got back up.

Twilight sighed for what her brother had caused. "Jack are you going to be ok?" She asked me but I didn't understand the question.

"What about being ok?" I asked confused I tried to stand straight up but pivoted and leaned against the bed. "I'm fine Twilight just happy to have my beautiful bride with me even if you get to see me make a fool of myself." I said with a dumb grin. But something changed a tear streamed down my cheek.

"Jack?" She asked.

I walked up and hugged her crying softly. She was even more concerned. I looked up to her and gave her a kiss. She was surprised but she kissed me back. I don't remember what happened that night at all after that.

I woke up the next morning the sun on my head I groaned. I was hungover and I felt overly thirsty. I slowly went to the kitchen and got a glass of water. I saw Twilight still sleeping in bed I smiled to her but then it hit me. "What happened last night?" I asked myself concerned. "This is why I don't drink I do stupid stuff." I said calmly as I turned on the coffee maker. Twilight woke up to the smell of Coffee she saw me sitting at the table I was in shambles. "What did I do last night? What happened?" I yelled as I slammed my hoof onto the table.

"Jack please calm down you didn't do anything wrong." Twilight said as I jumped I forgot that she was asleep.

"I'm sorry sweetie I forgot that you were sleeping." I said as I placed my head in my hooves. "I just can't remember what happened last night." I said with a sigh.

"It's ok honey it was a good night." Twilight said as she wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back I had a guess about what happened but I was not gonna say it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in Ponyville 9 months later.

I paced uncontrollably around the hospital I was so nervous everyone was here waiting patiently they watched me pace. I pulled out a cigarette and was about to light it when a nurse cleared her throat and pointed at the sign saying. "NO SMOKING!" I groaned angrily as I put it away and continued to pace. "Jack please you're scaring us." Rarity said I stopped pacing.

"J-Jack you should rest... if you don't... um... mind." Fluttershy said I didn't look up. I then continued to pace.

"When did ya last sleep Jack?" AppleJack asked me. I looked over and looked back down continuing to pace.

"Jack Ink?" The doctor asked for me I was in front of him in a heartbeat.

"Is everything ok? Is Twilight ok? How about the baby are they both ok?" I was a nervous wreck. The doctor shoved his hoof over my mouth.

"They are both fine I came out to tell you you can see your new born Daughter." He said with a smile I felt tears stream down my cheeks as I walked into the room Silence followed me we looked up to see Twilight holding our new born daughter I walked up to her Twilight smiled to me.

"What should we name her?" I asked Twilight and she smiled.

"You name her Jack." She said calmly I looked at her and thought about a name that fit her perfectly.

"Serena..." I said with a smile a tear streamed down my cheek. "Serena will be her name." I said and Twilight smiled sweetly to me. "We are one big family." I said as we looked at the newest addition to the family.

2 years later.

"Daddy can I go play with Rainbow Dash?" Serena asked me I was finishing up my Studies with Twilight. I looked down to her she had grown up so fast she still didn't have her cutie mark but I was sure she would get it.

"Yes take your brother with you and stay out of trouble." I said with a smile as I pat her head lightly I heard a knock at the door I walked up to it and opened it. "Yes?" I asked the messenger in front of me he had the mark of a royal courtier.

"I'm sorry I had to bring this news to your sir." He said as he handed the letter to me I opened it and read it.

Dear Jack The False Prince,

I will be coming to Equestria to personally destroy everything you know and love. I will make you suffer for everything you have done to my father. I hope you are ready for a war because it is coming and it is all your fault. I will start with your daughter. Just so you know how serious I am. I have hired the Changeling army to feed off of your country and turn it into a wasteland. I will be in Equestria in 4 days. Prepare to suffer.

Signed,
King Typhoon

I set the letter down my anger rising at the new king's threats. "Twilight Inform all of Ponyville and the border towns between Saddle Arabia and Equestria to evacuate to Canterlot and inform Celestia..." I sighed. "That I am going to war no one else is to be near the border in 4 days only myself." I stated as I walked towards Saddle Arabia.

"Jack what is going on tell me." Twilight said as she picked up the letter she read it and gasped. "Jack you can't do this alone let me come with you." she begged me I stopped.

"I can't let you be there for what I am going to do please Twilight take care of Silence and Serena... Tell them I love them." I said as I teleported away to the border.

I saw the evacuation take place near the border I stood waiting. I knew what I was going to do it was all I could do to protect this world. To protect my family I had to let go of this world. I waited for 4 days staring into the desert I was focusing all my power into a single spell that would save everyone from the pain of war. I saw them... All of them thousands of them They stood there staring me down I saw the king I didn't flinch it was only me versus all of them. "I am ready." I stated as they charged all of them my horn glowed a grey black and then turned white. "My final goodbye to this world it was fun while it lasted I guess." I said to myself as a tear streamed down my cheek in a flash of white a crater formed along the border and absorbed everything that lived in the area then there was only silence. It was done I saved Equestria.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in my apartment I looked around the room it was still a mess I sighed I had sent the entire army of Saddle Arabia and of the changeling's into different dimensions but in order to do so... I had to go as well but I was only sent to my world. Back home... to my lonely home.... "I'm all alone once again so I could save everyone." I said as I got up and walked to my bathroom there was a mark on my shoulder the ink well over a sheet of paper with a white heart in the center. I brushed my hand against it smiling gently. Then I saw the scars everything I had gone through to protect that world I smiled at them as the tears streamed down my cheeks. "I want to go back." I choked out. "I want to go back." I continued to repeat. Crying didn't ease the pain in my heart.

Twilight appeared at the border days later after she was informed of what had happened she stared at the giant crater on the border a monument was raised at the edge of the crater.

"In memory of Jack Ink The Prince of Protection. His sacrifice saved all of Equestria but he will never be forgotten."

Twilight blinked away the tears as Silence and Serena stood next to her. "Jack I know what you did I need to find you." She said calmly she needed to find him no matter what.

"Mommy?" Serena asked. "When is Daddy coming home?" She was so confused that her father was nowhere to be found.

"Serena I will bring Daddy home trust me." Twilight said with a gentle smile even though she was crying.