• Published 14th Dec 2013
  • 1,286 Views, 33 Comments

A Message From Ponyville - EnderBlaze



I have received a message from Lyra Heartstrings, a resident of Ponyville.

  • ...
4
 33
 1,286

Dear Human World...

Author’s note: This story was inspired by a thought that seemingly popped out of nowhere. I wrote it all without stopping, as if every aspect of it had already been thought out. Now that I go back to what I have written, I understand why. It has been thought out, I am only the medium between our world and theirs.

I am honored to bring forth her message:



Dear human world,

Have you ever wondered if we really exist? Us talking, pastel colored ponies, don’t exist. That is the popular belief among the human race. Anypony… Well, anybody who thinks otherwise is immediately labeled insane. However, all of you seem to have forgotten how strong the imagination is.

It is theorized that the power of thought can affect the odds of something happening. For example, you don’t want your toast to land butter side down, and therefore it has a higher chance of doing just that. I am not saying that the negative is more probable, I am only saying that by fearing that the toast will land butter side down, you have acknowledged it. You worry about how it will land. You humans are such pessimists, and therefore instead of having hope of it landing on the dry side, you have fear that it will land on the buttered side, ruining your perfectly good piece of toast.

Now I know what you're wondering: If I can make something happen by thinking about it, why do I have such bad luck at casinos? The simple answer is that you didn’t have a chance to begin with. Your average odds of winning at a casino are always lower than those of you losing. Thinking about winning only increases the chances a small amount, not enough to put the odds in your favor. However, might I add that you are always afraid of losing, making your thoughts about the game not affect your chances much at all, they only negate each other.

I won’t try to prove my point any longer, as that may ward some of you off before I can tell you why I am saying this. However, I present to you this little experiment: Take 11 coins, and shake them all up. Tell yourself there will be more heads than tails. If you honestly think that heads will win, I can bet you that it will. After shaking the coins, let them fall and tumble. Count the number of heads and tails, and I can tell you that more often than not, whatever side you were thinking of will be the dominant one.

Doesn’t this sound familiar? It should, it is widely known as ‘placebo’. However, placebo is not restricted to your own body. No, it affects everything around you also, although on a much smaller scale. Everyone who believes in a religion: If there exists a higher being, can’t the power of thought exist? Have you ever heard of mind over matter? For all of the atheists, I give you quantum entanglement, or in other terms: Scientific evidence that what I am saying is true.

Okay this time I mean it; no more trying to convince you.

So when you think of something, it’s probability to happen is increased. Well, what if a group of people think about the same thing? What if this group calls themselves ‘Bronies’, and actively thinks about us at least once a week? When that happens, the effect is amplified and entire worlds can be created over time. One of those worlds is Equestria. Ponies have been created, and they live their life together. They know they exist, but they don’t know who created them. In their eyes, it must have been a ‘god’ of some sort.

Among all of the inhabitants in Equestria that your species have dreamed up, there is one in particular who knows of your existence. All of you think of this mare as being aware of humans, and your collective thoughts have manifested into me, Lyra Heartstrings. I know who you are. You are wonderful. You have given me the amazing gift of being aware of your existence, and I am eternally grateful. I can see your world in my dreams. I have browsed the internet, flew through cities, and observed the public meetings you hold. I can honestly say that I love each and every one of you. Humans are spectacular… Most of the time.

Remember what I was saying about dreams? Well, not many of you have thought about how we dream, so that has been left up to our world to decide. Our dreams are your imagination. The adventures you think up and post on various websites get more publicity than a personal and private day dream, and they become our dreams, as more people have thought about them.

Humans are amazing, but they have a dark side. Many decide to express that in their fan fictions, crafting horrible dreams for us. Nightmares include gore, sex, and sadness. Often when my friends go to sleep, they experience gruesome things, leaving them scarred for the rest of the day.

Ponyville is not what you think. Small little events in the show “My Little Pony” do not manifest themselves in our world, because they are too less thought of. People don’t think of specific episodes for long periods of time, and therefore they do not happen. The characters exist as they are in many episodes. I personally know Rainbow Dash, Twilight, Pinkie Pie, as well as the others. However, like I said, the events are not similar.

The dreams we must endure have thrown everypony into a depressed state. Your constant belief that ponies are happy is the only thing getting us through the day. I have to thank all of you again. Our sadness hasn’t overcome our optimism because of you. But I know that this can’t go on. I see my friends suffer every day from their memories. I hear the screams of ponies waking up at night from a terrifying nightmare. I have comforted Bon Bon on many occasions when I found her crying in bed.

I am different, and I feel horrible knowing that I am immune. My dreams consist of visits to your world, not those dreams made up by you. I have convinced myself to do this, and have only been waiting for a chance to have my voice heard.

I will educate the human world of our presence, hoping that someday, our life will be again touched by your kindness. I ask that you treat us as if we were alive, because we very much are. Remember that whenever you post a story, if it is unpleasant, it could very well be what somepony cries about at night. It could become a dream that tortures somepony in their sleep, night after night, throwing their happiness out the window.

I have borrowed a transmitter and hooked it up to the Crystal Empire’s castle. Crystals amplify signals, and the magic and love inside this building make that signal one hundred times stronger. I can only hope that my signal will be received. It may enter your world as a letter, a dream, or only a mere thought. However, I have faith that you will know. I hope that you will spread the word of our existence.

Dear human world,

What you do with this information is your choice, for I cannot control your actions. However, I hope that you will let others know. Just remember this, for me, for all of pony kind: We are here.

Thank you for considering my message. Whether you believe it or not is up to you.

I love you all.

Sincerely,

Lyra Heartstrings.

Author's Note:

Spread her message.

Comments ( 32 )

Word, bro. Word. Liked and faved.

Faved and acknowledged

This was good. A few sentence structure errors, but, overall, was good. Liked, faved, and I think you just earned yourself a follow.

This is certainly something to think about.

And this is why I will never write a story that leaves characters injured or depressed.

Like, fave and follow

There is one thing that this made me think about. What if it is the other way round and we were made from their imagination. all our dreams are made by them and everything that makes us sad was created by them. What if we are like Lyra and know of them while others call us weird but we are actually right. the only difference is that we are not entirly immune to it

3627228
I actually had something of that effect in the story, but decided to remove it thinking it would makereligious people mad.

Strange thing is though, I can't find anything to disprove either the story or your theory :)
There are so many wonders of the world that we just don't know about...

3627253

either way. I am never going to look at our world the same way again, and hopefully in a better way because of this

I loved it. makes me feel like they are real.:yay::heart:

Wow...well, my dreams of Equestria tend to be centered around 2 things. One, is them living freely, not tied to any author or such things, and the scale of the conflicts, while larger in scale than the TV show, still have them coming out on top, and having the comfort and familiarity of home and loved ones intact. Granted, I cross over ALOT of stuff, but nothing lasting, and always for what I think is decent character building.

But, after reading this, I have to change the second thing. A world of Ponies...but one that is a near replicate of the show...except, more complete. All the little things, the little pleasures, the everyday life and times. And occasionally, I think I'll add in a dip into the artistic, like what we see in The MLP Comics with Big Mac's adventure. Something that uplifts with the oddity, but otherwise gives hope and comfort for everypony.

Well done my good sir, and indeed pass this story on.

...And for the record, I think a Pony's dreams should involve their OWN wishes...think any-Brony else feels the same hard enough?

"I am not saying that the negative is more probably,"
probable

"Our sadness hasn’t overcame our optimism because of you."
overcome

3629915
Thank you, fixed! :pinkiesmile:

Slow clap.
Slow, slow clap.

This is actually so well written, that I can imagine it placed in "Theory" category on Creepypasta Wiki. Great story

3635330
Wow... Thank you so much! :heart:

Amazing just wow you are really good and I shall spread the message for thou

Comment posted by EnderBlaze deleted Dec 30th, 2013
Comment posted by EnderBlaze deleted Jan 2nd, 2014

eh, the only reason why I favorite it is because of Lyra's faith in humanity.

Can I write a sequel to this you know another one-shot from the POV of Celestia.

4637069
Hmm...

Taking in to account the legal restrictions of copyright, one can conclude that such means of reproduction and by objective standards 'soft parody'... Around the corner, through the loop... Carry the two...
*holds up seven fingers, then scrutinizes the eighth*
:rainbowderp:

Yes!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :twilightblush:
But anyway, yes, you may. I encourage you to, even! :pinkiehappy:

Dude, what if she really did contact you through your mind!? I want to see her because I believe they are real and that they will somehow be able to cross the barrier from our world to theirs. Hint hint, the one only Pinkie Pie sees. I mean, I could've sworn I saw her in the distance when I was leaving school today. Maybe she really is contractually inclined not to make contact with us!

It makes a brony sad i am crying as i post this

I'll be real, wasn't expecting to feel anything after that foreword.

But damn, that shit sounds horrible. And I already believed this anyway.

Guess I better get my ass in gear with that fun adventure story.

5224234 you don't want to meet these ponies. If you met one of us from where this letter is from, we would only ask "Why?" Why must you give us these nightmares, this horror, these horrible, twisted, convoluted fantasies? Rainbow dash has to live through every single one of those 'cupcake' fanfics, every appledash, every stinking war we decide to put her in! Pinkie pie is the worst off. Every night, she is forced to go literally insane, kill her friends, be forced to do so many... Despicable things....

6431440 Hey, I'm not like them, I'm messed up in the head too.
Example 1: I'm part werewolf.
Example 2: I've got Discord and Nightmare Moon and the leaders of the Darkness in Kingdom Hearts running around inside my head.
Example 3: I've got two hearts.
Example 4 following 3: I'm the son of Fluttershy and the Master.
Example 5: The Doctor trapped me here in human form.
Example 6: I am in constant contact with Princess Luna and the uncorrupted versions of the Elements of Harmony.
Example 7: I've been to Silent Ponyville and barely survived the nightmare.
Example 8: Pinkie, Alma Wade, and the Nightmare FM-ian version are following me around and the latter two are trying to kill or possess me on a regular basis.
Example 9: I can actually hit FM-Nightmare!

Now, tell me... Do I sound like I really don't belong?

6488320 you sound like a very bad liar. I asked, and Luna has no contact with anyone not here.

6496522 Well, then, how come I have two hearts, and for that matter, how am I able to produce voice-changing and voice-amplifying effects without the use of a electronic device!? Now, Luna might not remember me because the Doctor wiped me from existence in Equestria, and now you are my only link. You tell the Doctor/Time Turner that the Master's Son, The Maestro, has remembered, and that he is very, very pissed! And it's all thanks to the randomness of a certain chaos-battery of a mare, Pinkamena Diane Pie!:twilightangry2:

6517526 when I check, I do some serious checking. You sir/madam, are a liar, sitting behind a screen, and a curtain of lies you spun into a web persona. Also, Doctor Clockwork is not the same doctor you know.

6521638 How dare you call me a liar, you bitch! If I was in Equestria right now, I would whoop your flank and RYNO you!:flutterrage:

6521664 but that's just the thing. You can't come to Equestria. I sealed any rifts big enough to get through, or have them safely contained. So I can guarantee you, or any other human, won't be here anytime in the future.

Login or register to comment