• Published 19th Nov 2013
  • 2,151 Views, 27 Comments

Ponies Lost Tapes: Giant Serpent - Everyday We Shufflin



Twilight, Shining Armor, and Cadence take a trip to Dead Pony Lake(subtlety thy name is this fic) to go fishing. They get something allot more horrible then what they intended.

  • ...
0
 27
 2,151

Video Tapes

Hello the author here just wanted to say “if you haven’t seen lost tapes I highly insist you do before reading this fanfiction.” This will be based off the episodes: Monster on monterey, Oklahoma octopus, White river monster, Bear lake monster, and Kraken. see those if you must.

Ponies Lost Tapes: Giant Serpent
By Everyday we shufflin
&
Zombiehunter4579

The following story is inspired by the possibility of there existence. Some readers may find the material to be incredibly graphic and disturbing. Reader discretion is advised.

“Hello!” Thunderlane says pointing his camera at himself. “I am Thunderlane and this is my vacation tapes with my little bro!” He then points the camera at his little brother, “Say hi Rumble.”

“Hi!” Rumble enthusiastically shouts at the camera.

“So we are on a boat right now. Not that exciting really.” Suddenly the boat rocks back and forth like something hit it. “What on earth was that?” He says looking over the edge with the camera.

“Don’t do that! Something might happen.” Rumble runs over to his brother and tries to pull him away.

The boat then hits something and Thunderlane falls off the edge. The camera drops to the ground, pointing right where he falls off.

Rumble then picks up the camera and points it down to Thunderlane, “Are you alright?” rumble asks.

“Stay on the boat!” Thunderlane responds, “I think there is something in the water.”

“I gotta get you out of there!”

“Argh!” Thunderlane screams and is then dragged underwater. Blood shortly comes up from the sea staining the water.

“Aaah!” Rumble screams and drops the camera as he runs to a safer part of the boat.

There are creatures science refuses to recognise. But new technology makes us question what is real. If our eyes see it, if our cameras capture it, does it exist? Enter a realm where fact meets fiction. Science meets legend. Where nightmares come to life. Do you believe?

Ponies Lost Tapes: Giant serpent

“C’mon Cadence. Lighten up It’s just one day.” Shining Armor says holding his new fancy high definition video camera up to his wifes face, as they ride in a chariot.
“I’m sorry Shining. I don’t mean to be all grumpy about it but, I just don’t like water.” Cadence whines.
“But Twily has been looking forward to this all weak. You don’t want to disappoint her do you?” Shining Armor responds.
“Alright I’ll go, but why do we have to go to Dead Pony Lake.” Says Cadence.
“Because is close to us. Now let's go get Twily and have some fun.”
Shining Armor says

In the summer of 2012, Captain of the Royal Guard Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza were going on a fishing trip with Shining Armor’s younger sister Twilight Sparkle.

But they soon found out that they were the ones who were being fished

These are there tapes

“Ok Spike, Cadence and my brother will be here soon. Are you sure you are up with this task?” Twilight asks Spike while filming.

“Of course! It’s not like I haven’t done this before.” Spike says.

Ding Dong

The sound of the doorbell rings throughout the library.

“Oh, that must be them!” Twilight says. She grabs her fishing gear as well as a few books on the subject of fishing. She walks over to the door and opens it. “Y’know it’s a public library. You don’t have to use the doorbell.”

“Twiley!” Shining Armor excitedly chirps as he trots inside to hug his little sister.

“It’s good to see you again.” Twilight hugs back.

“Hi Twilight” Announces Cadence, “I haven’t seen you since the wedding.”

“Nice camera there Twilight.” Shining says pulling out his own video camera from his bag, “I got one of those too!”

“Neat.” Twilight looks at it for a second before looking at the clock. She gasps, “Look at the time! We gotta go!”

Twilight turns off the camera as they all rush out the door.

The Giant Serpent is said to inhabit large, open lakes. It stalks anypony who dares to enter its territory. Its razor sharp teeth are made for tearing through flesh. Its jaws have the power to crush the bones of its victims. Once its prey is in its powerful jaws, there is no escape. The last thing they ever see are its glowing, red eyes.

“Here we are.” Shining says getting the camera out of the camera bag. “Cadence wake up. We’re here.” He starts nudging his wife to get up.

“Alright, alright. I’m up.” Cadence yawned. “I still think this is a bad idea”

“You always say that. C'mon it will be fun! It’s not like anything bad will happen.“ Shining replies

Twilight then cuts in, “Well I, for one, can’t wait to go fishing with you guys!”

“Ya see? You how Twilight felt about the water when she was younger?”

“Shouldn’t have read Jaws.” Twilight says as a cold chill runs down her spine.

“Not letting that get to her now is she? C’mon lets go,” They all hop off the chariot, “Thank you sirs.” Shining says as he nods to the two pegasi stallions pulling the chariot.

“Let's go, I can’t wait anymore.” Twilight yelled out

“Ok ok.” Shining answers, “I’ll be there in a minute.”

“I still think this is a bad idea. “ Cadence replies.

“Oh come on, that’s the fifteenth time you said that today,” Shining replies, rolling his eyes “Look, there’s the boat. Lets get on have a good time, okay.”

Cadence nodded and they walked over to the boat.

The Giant Serpent is said to be larger than a fully grown dragon. Despite having eyes, it is completely blind. It finds its prey by sensing vibrations in the water. When it finds its prey, it wraps its long neck around the unfortunate animal and tears it apart. Legend has it, that it has gotten its taste for meat by eating the dead bodies of ponies that were thrown into the lake. Hence, the reason why the lake is called, Dead Pony Lake.

“Well. Here we are. On the boat. How you holding up Cadence?” Shining asks holding the camera up to Cadence.

“Fine. So far at least.” Cadence answers.

“This is fun and I think we are the only ones out here.” Twilight remarks.

“What was that?” Cadence practically yells out

“Oh what now?” Shining replied.

“I-I th-think I saw something in the water!” Cadence answered “It looked big and had a long neck!”

“Hey Twily, do any of you books have something like that?” Shining asks his little sister .

“Not really. They’re just regular old fishing books.” Twilight replied, “Well there is one thing that looks like that, but it’s just a old pony’s tail.”

“See.” Shining says looking back at Cadence “There is nothing like that here so just relax and-”

SPLASH

Everypony stops talking

“Wh-what made that sound” Cadence nervously asks

“I don’t know.” Twilight answers “ I don’t see anypony.”

“Or anything.” Cadence says.

“Maybe it was a large fish.” Twilight wonders.

“Not sure they get big enough to do that.” Shining then retaliates.

Twilight casts her fishing line into the water waiting for a bite. “So, Cadence. Having fun?” She asks.

“What do you think?” Cadence answers.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” Twilight then turns her attention back to the water. “What do you think hit the boat earlier?”

“Huh?” Cadence says confused.

“Well you didn’t give us your two bits on the matter.”

“Probably a rock or something.” The alicorn says, “Are sharks known to inhabit these waters?”

“Nope. Not that I have read anyways.” Twilight answers.

“Any large creatures that eat ponies?”

“No. Just a bunch of rumors.” They both stop talking for a while. And then Twilights fishing line starts to move, “Hey! I got a bite!” She starts tugging on the fishing pole.

“Don’t let it get away!” Shining walks up to them holding his camera up over the edge.

“I can’t hold it!” Twilight says before toppling into the water with her camera.

“TWILY!” Shining shouts running over to the side of the boat.

“I’m ok!” Twilight says swimming back up.

“Oh, thank Celestia! Come on back to the boat.” Shining replies.

Twilight starts to swim back to the boat until,

SPLASH

And it was very close .

“Twilight get over here!” Shining yells.

“I’m trying!”

SPLASH

“It’s getting closer!”

SPLASH

“That’s it I’m going in!” Shining said as he drops his camera. Cadence picks it up as he jumps into the water to save his sister .

“Help! I think it’s here!” Twilight yells.

“Don’t worry! I got you.” Shining reassures as they started swimming back to the boat.

SPLASH

It was right behind them.

“Get on the boat!” Shining yelled out.

Twilight gets on the boat and turns around to help her brother, only to see nothing.

“SHINING W- WHERE ARE YOU!!!!” She yells.

No reply came.

“Shining.” She says look back down at the water. She gasps as she sees her brother’s crimson blood rising from the deep. “Shining...” She says as she starts to cry.

Cadence walks up to Twilight while holding Shining’s camera. “What happened, Twilight?”

“He,” Twilight hesitates, “He didn’t make it.”

“No!” Cadence shouts as she falls down crying.

“We have to get out of here.” Twilight says.

“LETS GET OUT OF HERE!!!” Cadence yells.

They run into the wheelhouse and grab the steering wheel.

Cadence tries to get the wheel to move, but as it does they realize something.

“We are out of gas.” Cadence groans.

“WHAT?! HOW?” Twilight asks

“Ï don’t know. We had half a tank.” Cadence replies.

In 1972, a Canterlot investigator went out to explore Dead Pony Lake to try and see into some reported sightings of a creature with, what appeared to be, a long neck. He had this to say:

“I have seen many creatures, but this one is the largest and deadliest as far as I can tell.” - Type Writer.

“Cadence!” Twilight shouts, “You can fly us out of here!”

“I can’t. I’m seasick. Can’t fly when I’m seasick.” Cadence replies.

“Well we gotta do something! It’s too far to teleport to shore so that’s out of the question.” Twilight starts hyperventilating.

Cadence slaps her across the face, “Twilight we gotta stay calm! We need to think of something! We need to use our heads!” Twilight starts to calm down and Cadence gives a smile, “We can get through this.”

“The radio! We can contact somepony!” Twilight runs up to the radio, “Hello! Is anypony there? I am Twilight Sparkle I am stranded on a boat in the middle of the lake! Can anypony hear me?” She stops trying and hangs up. “It’s dead.”

“Oh great it’s like something or somepony wants us to die.” Cadence remarks, “This day can’t get any worse.”

“I don’t think you should say that.” Twilight replies “It might try to prove you wrong.”

“HOW THERE IS NO WAY IT CAN!!!” Cadence yells jumping up and down.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea” Twilight says.

“WHAT’S THE WORST THAT COULD-” Cadence was cut off by one loud noise.

SPLASH

The noise was right off the side the boat.

“I told you.” Twilight whispers ‘“ It knows that we are here.”

“How?” Cadence asks “It didn’t see us.”

“I don’t think it’s stupid.”

“What do we do-” With those words, the metal of the boat starts to creek and in a flash, the next thing that happens is pieces of metal and wood flying at them both. And then both camera’s along with both the alicorn and unicorn are under water.

Twilight Sparkle gets onto a piece of driftwood along with her camera and Shinings. “Ugh.” She comes to the realization that she is alone. “Cadence!” She calls but no answer. “CADENCE!!!” Still none.

She drifts alone for a while until she comes to a realization.

“Maybe it’s all just a dream.” She starts to drift off the wood. “All just a dream. No pony’s dead. They can’t be dead.” She starts to float away from the wood.

Floating farther and farther away. Nothing being heard except for the wind. As Twilight slowly struggles to hold onto her life. Starts trying to swim back to the wood.

“AH!” She screams as she got slightly pulled underwater. She starts to swim faster. “Help me!” She starts getting tugged more and more. Until she takes one final scream, “AAAh-” And getting pulled under water for the final time. As the piece of wood with the two camera’s start to drift away from Twilights final stand.

The following morning the cameras were found on the edge of the lake. And pieces of the boat were found not to far away. And despite doing a search, authorities could not find any signs of Shining Armor, Princess Cadence, and Twilight Sparkle.

Leaving us all to wonder, do they live among us?

Comments ( 27 )

You should see my stories some time.

3519708 Play nice you two or you WON'T get diner

3519708

I have been denied.

*ignites*

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.

3521065>>3521065

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO?

Okie Dokie Loki!

*burns a forest*

3521082

.EERGASID I

*implodes*

3521089

.HCNUL EVAH YDAERLA I

*burns his house down with the lemons*

3521102 Now that's just mean. You didn't even knock.

3521115 That's it no diner for both of you

3521147

.TI ETA YDAERLA I

*implodes twice*

3521735 Ok now you lost diner for two days
And clean this mess up

3521755

*ceases to exist*

3521775 THAT'S IT NO DINER FOR 5 DAYS

3521822

*all dinner ceases to exist*

*sigh* Send in Enigma Corporation.

3685346 Season 3 of the show introduced a reoccurring theme of two agents from a group known as the Enigma corporation who investigate in the unexplained. They mostly shoot shit and then forget about it in the next episode they're in.

3686621 Oh yeah! Those guys were awesome.

3686844 All we need is one of those SWAT security teams. Like those dudes from Cabin in the Woods. encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz-GBMvRdLq8xpJqtx0cdr4etYoKBXwOL_0js8R1ZkXvsdMCLU

3687047 Are all of these stories connected?

5928151 Nope. I was going to have each season of Ponies Lost Tapes(Meaning that what I have so far has been half of season 1) has been 1 universe. Meaning season 2 will be in it's own universe separate from this one. Unfortunately, a sentence that was in Ponies Lost Tapes: Ponygeist destroyed that idea.

Looks like Celestia is going to have to drain that lake and murder a certain snake for this.

Login or register to comment