• Published 12th Nov 2013
  • 1,289 Views, 68 Comments

Extinguishing Evil - Brohgue



How far would you go to extinguish the world of evil?

  • ...
7
 68
 1,289
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 10 )

This story suffers from 'good Alternate Ending, downer original ending' syndrome. In terms of quality, it was improved. I actually felt my heart hurt a little and this was closer to one of my many theories I had. The other story with the syndrome I mentioned was "You're All Alone, Sweetheart" If you haven't, I suggest you read it. It too is a Sweetie Centric story. Like this, Sweetie feels wronged. Unlike this story, she has a damned good reason for wanting the world to burn. The original ending ended, in my opinion on a downer. Not for what happened only, but also what was implied during that ending.

This was awesome and I sensed a slight nod to Secret Life of Rarity only far less tragic. Good job and congratulations for being the only author that I follow the story before it's completion for. :pinkiehappy:

3878725 I think I am going to use Alternate ending as original. Besides, I am redoing all the chapters because this was my one of my first stories. My pacing is a lot better then what it used to be.

Also, I HAVE read "You're All Alone Sweetheart" It was great.

3878725 By the way, what did I imply? :rainbowlaugh:

Did it seem like it? I wasn't really trying to imply anything.

3878748

All I took from that comment was phrase :pinkiehappy: That was the second grimdark I read. My first was Harvest, and it was a Crusader grimdark. If you haven't read it, I suggest you read it. The central character of the three is Apple Bloom. It even seems to take place in the Cupcakesverse as Apple Bloom asks to borrow Chloroform from Pinkie. :pinkiecrazy: Being who she is, of course she has it.

Nowadays? I won't read it again as it was kinda sad but I enjoyed it at the time

3879443 Yes. There will be a sequel. But first, this story needs some revisions. Chapter 1 will have some scenes in the beginning which will show Diamond Tiara bullying the CMC, allowing the reader to better sympathize with Sweetie Belle.

5680913 Murder is fun isn't it? ;)

7105699 Thanks for the murder guide. It will come in handy.

Okay, one thing that really gets under my skin is that Sweetie Belle could have pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, AND the fact She is under 18. if this was a Card game She did the equivalent to getting double aces and folding. however, given the fact that Celestia sent her to an asylum rather than a Prison meant that Celestia probably knew this, and there is hope for Sweetie still. asylums are meant for the care and rehabilitation of the mentally ill. If She gets a clean bill of health Her sentence can get reduced, changed, or even dropped.

Now. Let's talk about what the fuck happened to Sweetie Belle, shall we?

In my (non-professional) opinion this is what I think happened.

Sweetie Belle is suffering from bipolar disorder but just doesn't know about it, the stress from the bully's and everyday life set off Her first manic episode. Starting out small no one notices Her more erratic behavior, but with no Coping mechanisms or stress vents to control Her mania it only gets worse.

Soon it gets to a point She begins to have violent thoughts but as the cycle continues they become urges, soon She talks to her friends about them but instead of getting the help she needed, it was merely a recommendation, finally She has a psychotic breakdown causing Her to finally act on those urges and this is where the story begins.

After the deed is done and it is the next morning we see Her psychotic breakdown in full swing causing Her to disregard everything like school, friends, hygiene, etc, at this point all that's on Her mind is finishing what She started.

in the clubhouse scene when Sweetie was subdued by Her best friend it triggered Her bipolar disorder dragging Her from a super high to a suicidal low in minutes.

If the sequel is ever going to happen and this is the real end than then I expect one of two things.

A. Sweetie Belle recovers and learns how to handle Her disorder (if I'm right which I'm probably not) and is released several months or years later but is still seen as a monster by ponyville and maybe even her friends and family.

B. Mad at the world she lets go and goes mental sicko murderer mode.

Wait... I just turned a simple comment into a mini theory again darn it this always happens...

Login or register to comment