• Published 13th Mar 2012
  • 1,950 Views, 12 Comments

The Very Pink of Perfection - Noash123



My attempt at a FlutterPie.

  • ...
1
 12
 1,950

Confessions

Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never. - Charles Caleb Colton


“So, what did ya’ want to talk about?”

Fluttershy, now resting on Applejack’s bed, looked up to the earth pony’s questioning eyes for a brief moment. Staring back down to the floor, Fluttershy quietly began to speak.

“Well.. I guess I need a little help.. with.. love..”

Applejack smiled warmly, leaning over to get a better look at her friend’s face.

“Well shoot, sugarcube. You takin’ a fancy to somepony?”

Nodding, Fluttershy continued to look at the ground.

“But it’s.. it’s different..”

“Well, what’s so different about liking someone? I bet he’s good lookin’.”

Applejack smiled teasingly, but Fluttershy turned her head away, searching for an explanation.

“Well.. that’s it..”

“What’s it?”

“It’s.. she’s not a stallion..”

“What do ya’ mea--.. oh, Ah see..”

Fluttershy nodded, looking away from the bright green eyes of the orange mare. A silence fell upon the room, both searching for something to say. Finally, Applejack spoke up, breaking the stillness that had crept into the room.

“So.. who is the mare that’s caught your fancy?”

Fluttershy cringed. Admitting her feelings for a mare was hard enough, but confessing them for Pinkie Pie? Unbearable.

“Uh.. she’s.. she’s..”

Fluttershy squeaked out.

“Pinkie Pie.”

The room set in silence again. Reluctantly, Fluttershy looked back, daring a glance at her friend’s face, and while she expected a disappointed guise, she was taken by surprise when she was met with a small, caring smile, and a sympathetic set of eyes.

“Now Fluttershy, it’s nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, there are a lot more mares with other mares than you would think..”

“R-really..?”

“Ya’ remember when Rarity and Rainbow Dash got together all cornily? With all the huggin’ and such?”

Nodding, Fluttershy recalled the event, happening only a couple months ago.

“See? We ain’t turnin’ our backs on them just because some people don’t consider a relationship between two mares ‘normal’. You’re free to like whoever ya’ want to, sugarcube. Don’t let nopony tell you otherwise. I’m also sure the residents of Ponyville wouldn’t mind, so long as you don’t go flauntin’ it in their faces.”

Applejack grinned.

“But you ain’t really the type to do that, right?”

Shaking her head, Fluttershy smiled.

“But.. what should I say to her if I.. well..”

Applejack nodded understandingly.

“Well, Fluttershy, you may want to ask one of the other ponies about that. Probably Rarity or Twi’. I’m not much of a mare of words.”

Chuckling slightly, Applejack continued.

“But I’ll be here anytime you need somepony to talk to.”

Fluttershy got down from the bed, Applejack following her.

“Thanks, Applejack.”

Fluttershy pulled the earth pony into a small hug.

“Anytime, sugarcube. But,” Applejack broke the hug and smirked slightly, “I believe ya’ got some ponies to talk to.”


“Hey Fluttershy.”

Spike’s small stature stood in the doorway of the library.

“Hello. Could I speak to Twilight?”

Spike nodded, “Yeah, sure,” rolling his eyes, Spike agitatedly added, “if her head would come out of her books.”

Fluttershy laughed quietly, the thought of Twilight absorbed into another one of her encyclopedias not surprising her.

“Anyway, come in. She should be upstairs.”

With a quiet “Thank you,” Fluttershy entered the library and headed up the staircase to see Twilight.

”I hope she’s as understanding as Applejack.”

Reaching the second floor, Fluttershy saw the purple mare, as expected, involved in one of her hardcovers.

“Twilight?”

Looking up from the large album she was reading, Twilight greeted the pegasus with a slight smile.

“Oh, hello Fluttershy. Something you need?”

Hesitantly, Fluttershy quietly spoke.

“Yes.. I need a bit of.. advice on something.”

“Alright. What exactly do you need advice on?”

”Here we go..”

“Love..”

Twilight practically jumped up from her place on the floor, a large smirk overcoming her face.

“Do you like somepony?”

Fluttershy nodded slightly.

“Well tell me who it is!”

”I better just say it..”

“Pinkie Pie.”

Twilight’s smirk disappeared almost instantly, being replaced with a look of shock.

“Pinkie Pie?! You like Pinkie Pie?!”

Fluttershy retreated, taking a few steps backwards from a fray of indistinguishable raving. Twilight paced the floor, clamoring in a loud voice about what she just heard.

“-- Fluttershy -- never -- mare--”


After several minutes of this, Twilight regained her composure. She now focused on Fluttershy, who had tensely stood by the staircase during her verbal outburst.

“Fluttershy..? I.. I’m sorry about that.. I just.. never thought about you liking a mare.. nonetheless Pinkie Pie..”

Fluttershy turned her glance up from the planks of the floor.

“It’s.. it’s alright, Twilight..”

“No it’s not. I shouldn’t have lost control of myself. But, I’m fine now..”

Attempting to change the topic, Twilight spoke, embarrassment in her voice.

“I assume.. you don’t want that help anymore..?”

“I.. I still could use it.. if it’s fine with you..”

“Alright.. um.. what did you want to know..?”

“Well.. what should I say to her if.. I..”

Twilight finished the sentence.

“Wanted to get together?”

Nodding slightly, Fluttershy continued.

“Um.. so what should I say to her..? I tried earlier today.. but she didn’t seem to..”

“Pick up on what you meant? Typical Pinkie. Anyway, I’ve never really.. ‘asked somepony out’ before.. but.. just be yourself, really. As for what you should say? Just tell Pinkie how you feel. Or you could try reenacting one of those romance plays you see. You could confess how you’ve had lifelong feelings for her, and she’d cry and say that she’d felt the same way. Then the lights would dim, the violins would start to play, you’d take her face between your hooves, you two would embrace each other, and then live happily ever after.”

Twilight and Fluttershy both laughed, easing the mood.

“Thanks, Twilight. I appreciate it.”

“Anytime, Fluttershy. I hope it works out with you two.”

”Me too..”

Comments ( 3 )

Sorry about the late post. :ajbemused: I'll try to get some more pictures into it tomorrow. Didn't think them necessary to just post the chapter. :duck:

Awesome to see the update. I like how Twilight is the go to pony for advice. I look forward to seeing Fluttershy tell Pinkie. Should be a fun scene to read. :yay:

I'm going to repeat what I put up on my other story. Sorry to say this, but I've got a lot of stuff going on right now. I haven't gotten an opportunity to write, so I'm putting this story "On Hiatus" until I do. Really sorry. :ajsleepy:

Login or register to comment