• Published 25th Dec 2013
  • 956 Views, 7 Comments

The World Duel Championships X - The Avenger



100+ countries, 8 destinations, 7 ponies, one epic duel!

  • ...
1
 7
 956

Destined Rivals

Destined Rivals

Suddenly, Sagittario’s blade brakes, which shocks both him and his team, along with his family. An explosion then happens, and Sagittario is sent flying out of the stadium. Everyone just stares at the sight in complete and total shock.

“It’s all over,” DJ Pon-3 sadly said. “The winner is Nile. The first match is taken by Team Wild Fang.”

“Yes, sir!”

“Well, done!” Taurus and Nge both said.

==================================================================

Up on the royal balcony, Celestia and Luna watch as the stadium is repaired. “What a strong duelist he is,” Luna said, referring to Nile. “I never even imagined that there was such a staff like his.”

“Indeed,” Celestia said as Sagittario mopes his way to his team’s room. “It just proves how much we really don’t know about the world. This is why I pay such close attention to the world championships; to see if there are other ponies in the world who have to potential to become alicorns like Twilight.”

“Right,” Luna said. “But do you think Team Star Swirl can win the next match?”

“We can only watch and find out.”

“Indeed,” Discord suddenly said as he drops in (literally), startling the two princesses.

==================================================================

In Star Swirls waiting room, Andromeda, Tempest, Firestorm, Yu, Bismarck and Radiance, accompanied by their friends and family, are all watching the groaning Sagittario with worry. “I’m sorry, everyone,” Sagittario finally said after a good minute.

“Hey, Sagittario, this thin’ isn’t over yet,” Bismarck pointed out. “All we have to do is win the next two matches.”

“Thats right, Sagittario,” Orion added. “You still have Andi, Tempest and the others left.”

“Of course, the opponent in the second match is Leone,” Firestorm pointed out. “He won't be easy to beat.”

“But we have Andromeda, remember?” Radiance said. “We’ll win for sure.”

“But there’s that move Lelo-Lo used in the Mexicolt duel,” Yu added.

“If Andromeda loses, Star Swirls run in the championships ends here,” Bucky added, which makes Sagittario slam his hoofs into the table he's sitting at.

“I know that!” Sagittario yelled. “You’ve got to win, Andi. You’ve got to! I don’t want — I don’t want it to end here. Not like this.”

“Sagittario, calm down,” Andromeda said in a reassuring voice. “Leave it to me. So stop beating yourself up about one little lose. It's not like you.”

“I was too weak out there,” Sagittario said. “I cant be number 1 doing like that. No way. I have to become number 1. I must be number 1. I must be number 1.”

“Sagittario,” both Shining Armor and Cadence said under their breath.

==================================================================

In Wild Fang’s room, Taurus is as happy as a bull who just got ride of his rider. “B-b-b-b-b-b-bull! You won! You won! You won big time. You kicked flank out there for Team Wild Fang!” The happy bull said to Nile, while Savanna, Sahara, Nitestone and Nge just look on. “You hit ‘em high! You hit ‘em low! I knew you were strong, pal, but I never thought you would actually beat Sagittario! You really are a force out there, for sure.”

“Do you ever stop talking?” Nile asked Taurus while Savanna, Nge and Sahara all sigh.

“And it just gets better!” Taurus said as he looks over to Leone, who’s sitting on a beach collecting his thoughts. “Next is Leone and Andromeda’s duel!” Suddenly, Taurus gasps when he realizes something. Whoa. This will be the first official duel Leone will have with Andromeda, and this time she has a new move that is really powerful. I better warn him. “Leone, my friend, now about the upcoming duel…”

“Be quiet!” Leone suddenly said, interrupting Taurus.

“Huh? But you have to know that-”

“Look, Taurus!” Leone suddenly said in a very serious tone. “You're harshing my mellow and I don’t like it.”

“But I — I!”

“I finally get to fight Andromeda in the state she should be in; as a true duelist,” Leone added. “The day I’ve been dreaming of for so long is finally at hand. Its gonna be a blast. Let’s do this!”

==================================================================

“Buckle up ‘cause the second match between Star Swirl and Wild Fang is about to get rolling!” DJ Pon-3 said to the pumped crowd while the two teams glare at each other. “Competing for the African representatives, Team Wild Fang, he of the howling wind and the raging tornado, its Leone!” She said as Leone walks out to the stadium. “And from the Equestrian representatives, Star Swirl, the mare who can easily rival her own mother when it comes to magical abilities, its Andromeda!” She added as Andromeda walks out to the stadium.

“We’re with you, Andi!” Orion cheered from the stands.

“Andrea, you're the mare!” Yu said, when Radiance notices that Sagittario is hanging his head low.

“Where is you head at, Sagittario?” Radiance asked, snapping the sapphire unicorn stallion out of it.

“Huh?” Sagittario nervously yelped.

“Your cousins duel is about to start!” Radiance added.

“Oh! Great!”

“Huh?” Yu said.

“I’m counting on you, Andromeda,” Sagittario said under his breath as Andromeda reaches the stadium.

“The time has come at last, Leone,” Andromeda said. “I hope you’re ready.”

“Humph! You can talk all you want, pal,” Leone said. “All I’ve got to say to you is that I’m gonna win and finally avenge my families pride.”

“I don’t think so. You’ll be walking out as the loser. But pride does seem to run in your family, huh, son of Trixie,” Andromeda said, which shocks Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.

“Ha! So you finally figured it out, huh?” Leone asked the purple unicorn mare in front of him.

“Oh! A rocky meeting in the World Duel Championships X we have here,” DJ Pon-3 said as Twilight’s friends all gasp in shock.

“Wait! That unicorn is Trixie’s son!?” A stunned Applejack asked.

“I figured he was her son,” Twilight said to her shocked friends and confused family. “He definitely inherited her pride.”

“And her ability to cause trouble,” Rainbow added. “Remember what he did to Bismarck and Tempest?”

“Wasn’t Trixie some fraud you chased out from Ponyville?” Orion wondered out loud.

His comment made the alicorn scowl. “Remind me to have a talk with Uncle Spike the next time he visits,” she said, calming down. “That story was a bit more complicated … and she wasn’t exactly a fraud-”

“Didn’t she claim that she had vanquished an Ursa Major?” Orion interrupted.

“-Except for that part,” Twilight amended with a roll of eyes. “But she was a traveling magician; she was bound to exaggerate her abilities.”

“And the Alicorn Amulet…” Orion added.

His mother then shot him an annoyed look. “True, that’s another reason why she never became friends with us,” she admitted. “She apologized afterwards, and that’s what important. When she disappeared from the face of Equestria about thirty years ago, I was actually a bit worried. When Leone came into Ponyville a couple of weeks or so ago, I saw the similarities in them right away. I guess she went to one of the many African countries since Leone said he’s from Africa.”

“I’m not real sure how this fight will turn out,” Cadence said. “But I know one thing; this is gonna be a fight of total opposites.”

“Right,” Twilight said. “Andromeda has lived in a civilized life for all of her life, while Leone has lived in the wilds of Africa. Also Andromeda’s style mainly focuses on attacking while Leone’s focuses on defense. And least of all, Andromeda has a tamed personality while Leone has a wild personality. This could go either way.”

“Even though I’m sure you all already know them, let me introduce these two anyway,” DJ Pon-3 said. “On one side is Leone, who won but rejected a place for one of Equestria representatives, is here to show the world his power. And against him is Andromeda, the daughter of Princess Twilight Sparkle. She’s a world-class unicorn on the verge of elimination. She cannot afford to lose,” Pon-3 added as Leone and Andromeda get ready.

“Lets rock and roll, Leone!”

“Bring it, Andromeda!”

“The time for talk is over, boys and girls. Is everyone good to go?” DJ Pon-3 asked, while Leone and Andromeda charge a spell. “Ready!? Three … two … one … GO!” At that, both Andromeda and Leone fire magic blasts at each other with full strength. “They’re going full throttle at the very beginning! Neither one of them will give an inch!” She said as the blasts causes an explosion. Taking the chance, Leone takes center stage. “Andromeda and Leone size each other up, looking for the right time to make a move.”

Andromeda prepares another magical blast at Leone, but, without hesitation … “Lion Gale Force Wall!” Leone shouted as he creates his signature tornado around himself.

“Theres Leone’s tornado!” A worried Twilight said when she and the others see this.

“Leone is not fooling around. He’s using his signature spell right away,” DJ Pon-3 said.

“Ha! Now you're talking. Try this on, Leone!” Andromeda said as she fires. Much to the dismay of Team Wild Fang, especially Taurus, the magical blast easily breaks through Leone’s defense.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!” Taurus cried out as the other members of Wild Fang all gasp in shock.

“How did she do that?” Orion asked.

“It must be because of her previous experience with Leone!” Twilight said

“Andromeda has just used sheer force to cut through Leone’s tornado!” Pon-3 said as Andromeda’s team cheers. Leone smiles as Andromeda fires more blasts at him, doing his best to avoid them.

“Le-Leone! Keep on fighting!” A worried Taurus shouted.

“Andromeda just won’t stop. It's an endless, raging attack,” Pon-3 said.

“Oh no!” Taurus screamed while Andromeda’s team continues to cheer for her.

“This is the first time I’ve seen Leone pushed back so far,” a shocked Nge said.

“He isn’t being pushed backed! He’s just taking things slowly, that’s all,” Taurus said.

“That’s not how it looks from here,” Nile suddenly said.

“Huh?”

“Leone is having some fun,” Sahara added.

“How’s that, Leone? I’ve improved a lot since we last dueled, huh?” Andromeda said as she stops for a moment. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, Leone begins laughing.

“I’m enjoying this! I’m enjoying it a lot, Andromeda,” Leone said after he stops laughing. “This is what a duel should be like.”

“Leone, what?”

“What? He’s laughing at a time like this?” A surprised Orion asked.

“Not good. He's way too calm.” Andromeda and Orion's father said.

“You two were totally right,” Taurus said to Nile and Sahara. “Leone really seems to be having fun out there.”

“In the African Area Preliminaries, we won every duel very easily,” Nile pointed out. “And in the first and second rounds, there were no opponents who called for Leone’s full strength.”

“Yes,” Savanna said as she smiles. “He can’t help but be happy. To finally duel a worthy opponent who can actually fight back.”

“Andromeda, dueling with you is the only reason I came all the way here,” Leone said. “So come on. Let’s see more of your improved skills and increased strength.”

“You got it!” Andromeda said as she fires another magical blasts, but Leone just creates a magic shield in a split second and stops it. “What now?” Andromeda asked as Leone smiles.

“It didn’t even budge!” A surprised Sagittario said, referring to Leone’s shield.

“That’s Leone’s power,” Radiance said. “His defensive power is like an iron walled fortress.”

Suddenly, Leone begins firing his own barrage of magical blasts at Andromeda. “But he doesn’t hesitate to attack with that power, either,” said Firestorm.

“Yeah, but that’s not because of his power,” Yu said. “Its more Lo-Lo’s personality, right?”

“But his magic, like all forms of magic, does have the power to respond to his will,” Tempest said.

“Please, don’t let me down, Andi,” Sagittario said under his breath.

“Keep it up! Keep up that pace, Leone!” Taurus cheered as he strangles Nge again, while the other member of Wild Fang just look on in a mix of emotions.

“You got to start wearing deodorant!” Nge managed to say. Suddenly, Andromeda turns the tables on Leone as she uses her magic to create a shield that redirects Leone’s attacks back at him, which shocks Wild Fang. Andromeda then fires a blast at Leone, sending him back.

“Oh, yeah! She can do it! Andromeda is definitely the stronger one when it comes to magic!” Sagittario said.

“If Andrea can keep that up, there’s no way she can lose!”

“Do it, Andi!” Tempest cheered. “Show us all the power you gained during the world championships!”

“This is it! Let’s go, Leone!” Andromeda said as she teleports herself high into the air.

“There she blows! Its Andromeda’s special attack!” DJ Pon-3 said as Wild Fang gasps while Star Swirl look up in excitement.

Shooting Star Attack!” Andromeda shouted as a yellow magic glow surrounds her as she flies down towards Leone.

“Bad move, pal!” Leone suddenly said.

“What!?” Andromeda’s family all asked as they see Leone preparing another spell.

True Lion Gale Force Wall!” Leone shouted as a green magic glow surrounds his entire body. Suddenly, a green glowing tornado appears around him right as Andromeda’s attack was about to hit. When it does hit, a large about of backlash is given off.

“That’s completely different from his usual Lion Gale Force Wall!” A worried Twilight said as Andromeda is forced to back off. She teleports herself to the ground as the tornado disappears.

“The Shooting Star Attack has been broken!” A completely shocked Tempest said as Radiance looks towards Andromeda’s computer for answers.

“What the hay just happened?” Radiance asked as she reviews the data. “Just look at this!”

“Huh?”

“That Lion Gale Force Wall was 158% more powerful than the old one!” Radiance said.

“What!?”

“That’s awesome, Leone!” Taurus cheered as he squeezes Nge.

“I’m not jus the king of beasts now, Andromeda,” Leone suddenly said. “I’m now the king of the tornado as well!”

“You tell ‘em, Leone old buddy!” Taurus cheered as he finally lets Nge go, who’s breathing heavily.

“This must be the result of his training in the Valley of Storms,” Nge said.

“Yes, it has to be,” Sahara said.

“Bull? What ‘Valley of Storms’?” Taurus asked.

“It happened in the good old day, before you joined us, Taurus,” Savanna said as she recounts the tale.

==================================================================

During the time of the African Area Preliminaries, Team Wild Fang is walking through the desert regions of the Zebralands, following Nge. The six of them are trekking through a sandstorm, with Sahara lagging behind. “Agh! What a terrible sandstorm!” Sahara said as she spits some sand out.

“So this is where you’re from?” Leone asked Nge.

“Yes,” Nge said. “If we go a little further we’ll see the valley. It’s called the Valley of Storms.” Nge said as the sandstorm finally dies down. “We’re here.” He said as he stops.

“This is the Valley of Storms?” Savanna asked when he and the others see nothing but a valley full of dust.

“There’s nothing here.” Nile said.

“This is a pretty lame valley, storm wise,” Leone said.

“That’s not true,” Nge said as he points ahead.

“I don’t see anything,” Nile said.

“Well, if we walk a little further, you will.” Nge said as he continues to walk, followed by Leone, Nile and Nitestone.

“Hey, wait up!” Savanna said as she and Sahara run to catch up. Suddenly, they all see five giant tornadoes about five-hundred feet away. “Whoa!”

“Five, huh? There are a lot today,” a surprised Nge said.

“That’s really amazing,” Nile said.

“Yes, it is,” Nge said, none of them noticing that Leone is walking to the five tornadoes. “There didn’t used to be so many. It’s really strange. The scientist who visit here say it's because of global warming, or CO2, or something like that.”

“Where are you going, Leone!?” Savanna suddenly asked when she sees Leone getting closer to the twisters.

“Hey. No! Don’t get too close!” Nge shouted.

“We can feel the power of those things just fine back here!” Nile added.

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Leone said. “Did you really think I came all the way here just to look at a tornado?”

“Please, Leone!”

“What the hell is he doing!?” Savanna asked.

“I came here to master the tornado!” Leone said as he approaches one of the tornadoes, already feeling that it's at least a hundred times more powerful than his King Lion Tearing Blast. “So this is a real tornado,” Leone said, when he is suddenly pulled into the tornado.

“Leone!” Savanna, Nge, Nile and Sahara all screamed.

“I got to tear it apart, now!” They heard Leone said as they see a green glow inside the tornado, which begins to dissipate. Suddenly, it disperse, creating a huge gust of wind that pushes them back slightly. Looking to where the tornados was, Nitestone, Savanna, Nge, Nile and Sahara all see a shaken Leone getting back up. “Agh! Next one!” He said as he runs towards the next tornado.

“Stop this, Leone!” Savanna creed out.

“If you keep this up, you’re gonna get yourself killed!” Nge added.

“I will master the tornado!” Leone said as he approaches two more tornadoes.

“No, Leone!” Savanna, Nge, Nile and Sahara all screamed as the two tornadoes Leone is heading towards suddenly merge, as another tornado appears behind it.

“How does it work?” Leone asked himself as he stops 50 feet in front of the tornado. “Wait. I get it now!” He said as he fires another spell at the tornado.

==================================================================

“He — He did that!?” Taurus asked. “B-b-b-b-b-b-bull! That’s my Leone! Yeah, baby!”

“Whats wrong there, Andromeda?Is that all you’ve got?” Leone asked, making Andromeda growl as Leone fires more magical blasts at her.

“Check it out, the roles have been reversed!” Pon-3 said. “Leone delivers an endless attack.”

“Get away, Andi!” Tempest cried out as Andromeda teleports to the other side of the stadium.

“You won’t get away from this!” Leone said as he charges another spell. “True Lion Wild Wind Fang Dance!” He shouted as two tornados suddenly appear and begin circling each other. Andromeda runs, but the True Lion Wild Wind Fang Dance catches up to her and she is thrown to the edge of the stadium.

“Andromeda barely avoids any injury from that double tornado,” Pon-3 said as the True Lion Wild Wind Fang Dance dissipates. “Leone is incredibly strong. Or, to be more precise, he has become even stronger.”

He is strong. Even stronger than when I fought him last. Firestorm thought. Suddenly, an incredible pain appears in his chest. He grabs his chest with a hoof as he tries to balance himself.

“Firestorm!” Yu said when he notices this. “What is it? Are you okay?”

“Yes, its nothing,” Firestorm lied. “You can do it, Andromeda!”

“Firestorm…”

True King Lion Tearing Blast!” Leone shouted as he creates 5 tornadoes which quickly move towards Andromeda. They all viciously barrage her by knocking her around like a pinball. She eventually teleports herself away from the five tornadoes, which soon dissipate.

“Leone’s attacks are obviously quick, sever, and sharp,” said Pon-3. “Somehow, though, Andromeda has survived them, but she as used up a lot of energy.”

“Well, done! That’s the way! Don’t let her off the hook!” Taurus cheered as he squeezes Nge again, while Savanna, Nile, Sahara and Nitestone all smile.

“Just take a shower! Please!” Nge managed to say.

“There’s a lot more where that came from!” Leone said to Andromeda as he smiles.

“So I see,” Andromeda said, when she gasps. He’s planning to unleash that move he used in the Mexicolt duel! “Leone! You can try but I won’t be so easy to take down!”

“This is it, Andromeda!” Leone said. “Let’s settle things, shall we?”

“No problem! Let’s see what you got, Leone!” Andromeda said, which worries her team while Wild Fang just smiles.

“They’re warriors!” Rarity said.

“They truly are destined rivals!” Shining Armor said as Leone teleports himself high above Andromeda.

“There it is!” DJ Pon-3 said. “Leone’s new roar is about to be heard as the king of beasts levitates himself in the air.

“Then I’ll just go higher!” Andromeda said as she teleports herself about 50 feet above Leone.

“Look! Andromeda is now higher than Leone. Perhaps in the skies, the more experienced Andromeda will have the advantaged.”

“Top that, Leone!” Andromeda taunted.

“If you think that surprised me, then think again!” Leone retorted.

“Huh?”

“Ha! True Lion Gale Force Wall!” Leone said as he creates a tornado in the air.

“He used his Lion Gale Force Wall in mid-air!” A surprised Sagittario said.

“What is that guy planning?” Rainbow asked, only to get her answer when Leone begins to climb the tornado and shoots himself up 100 feet about Andromeda.

“Whoa!”

“Leone has risen even higher than Andromeda, now! He used the tornado to climb higher than Andromeda!” Pon-3 said as Leone stops himself.

“Uh oh!” Andromeda said when she sees Leone preparing a spell.

“Uh oh is right! King Lion Reverse Wind Strike!” Leone shouted as he fires a tornado downwards at Andromeda, who is sent tumbling back to the stadium, with the tornado following close behind.

“Andromeda!” Team Star Swirl, Twilight, Orion and everyone else screamed.

“You’re the unicorn, Leone!” Taurus cheered as he loosens his grip on Nge, who smiles at both his release and Leone’s strike against Andromeda.

“Enjoy that?” Leone asked at the top of the upside down tornado.

“I’ve seen worst!”

“Huh?”

“Andromeda is still able to stand!” Pon-3 said when they see Andromeda is still able to stand inside the tornado.

“That won’t work!” Leone said. “The true power of the Reverse Wind Strike begins now!” Leone said as Andromeda slowly losses her footing.

“What kind of spell is this?” A worried Tempest asked as Radiance checks Andromeda’s computer.

“What the…? No way!” Radiance suddenly said. “This is a backspin.”

“Huh?”

“The combination of the backwards wind and its sheer force is enough to disorient anyone! That’s what Leone is up to!” Radiance said.

“Run for it, Andi!” Tempest shouted.

“I won’t let you escape!” Leone said as he begins to slowly fall down, preparing to deliver the final strike.

“If Andromeda can’t escape, she’s toast!” A worried Twilight said as she watches in horror.

“Awesome!” Nile, Sahara and Nge all said.

“So this is the special attack Leone figured out in the Valley of Storms!” An amazed Savanna said.

“Ha-ha-ha! That is just so impressive, Leone!” Taurus cried.

“You’re doomed, Andromeda!” Leone said. “This time, me and my family will win!”

“What incredible power!” Andromeda managed to say as she is pummeled by the tornado.

“Don’t give up, Andromeda!” Tempest and Bismarck both said.

“Fight Andrea!”

“Come on, Andromeda!” Sagittario added. “If you lose here, then we’re all finished for good! Please, don’t let our world championship run end here. Not yet!”

“Agh! That’s right!” Andromeda said, having heard her cousins plead. “I can’t let it be over yet. For everyone’s sake!” She screamed as a yellow aura surrounds her, while Leone growls as he begins to give off a green aura. “I won’t quit yet!”

Grrr! Andromeda! It's over! I’m ending this right now!” Leone shouted.

I won’t let it end here! That’s not gonna happen!” Andromeda shouted back as Leone drops down the tornado. However, when their two burning warriors spirits meet, a full power explosion happens, blinding everyone in the arena with a yellow and green light.

When the light finally stops and the smoke clears, everyone is in for a shock. “Guys, look!” Orion said, having been the first to see after the explosion. When everyone else sees what happen, they all gasp; both Andromeda and Leone are on the ground, the two having collapse. Andromeda seems to be in the better shape. She’s lying on her back, the scrunchie that was holding her ponytail haven shredded as scratches cover her body, some of them bleeding. Leone, on the other hoof, is lying on his side, with a deep cut in his left arm while there are cuts and scrapes on his body.

“Unbelievable! Both Leone and Andromeda have collapse!” A disbelieving Pon-3 said, when she notices that the two are starting to move. “Wait. They’re getting up!” She said as the two scream due to the pain and agony.

“Andromeda!”

“Leone!”

“Here I come, Leone!” Andromeda managed to say as she begins to slowly walk towards Leone.

“Agh! Bring it! The real showdown starts now!” Leone said as he, too, slowly gets up. The two scream from the pain as everyone holds their breath, waiting to see why happens. Unfortunately, they don’t have to wait long as Leone and Andromeda, due to the pain and wounds to their bodies, suddenly stop screaming as they collapse, making everyone gasp in shock.

“Le-Leone!” Cried Taurus.

“An-Andromeda,” a disbelieving Tempest managed to say. “ANDROMEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

LEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment