• Published 25th Dec 2013
  • 956 Views, 7 Comments

The World Duel Championships X - The Avenger



100+ countries, 8 destinations, 7 ponies, one epic duel!

  • ...
1
 7
 956

The Son of Trixie

The Son of Trixie

Ponyville. A quiet town out in the Equestrian countryside. No one would suspect that something either dangerous, strange or life threatening would happen here every once in a while. Just ask the Elements of Harmony, and their kids: Twilight Sparkle, who represented the Element of Magic and the most recent princess of Equestria and her two children: Andromeda, the eldest, and Orion. Applejack, who represented the Element of Honest, and her two sons: Bismarck, the eldest, and Bucky. Rainbow Dash, who represented the Element of Loyalty, and her son: Tempest. Rarity, who represented the Element of Generosity, and her daughter: Radiance, who’s expecting a foal of her own. Fluttershy, who represented the Element of Kindness and her two daughters: Flora, the eldest, and Peach Cobbler. And Pinkie Pie, who represented the Element of Laughter, and her twin son and daughter: Berry & Cherry Pie. A couple of months ago, a time travel spell that Andromeda discovered nearly killed her and her friends. Luckily they managed to return to the present before they perished. Over those two months, word spread about the spell like wildfire, and with the next World Duel Championships approaching, Andromeda and a few of her friends will get pulled into an adventure that will span the world.

==================================================================

Its midday, and Twilight is still keen on her punishment for Andromeda, making her do all the chores in the castle and keeping her away from any books. Twilight is in the main room, enjoying a cup of tea, while her daughter is both cleaning the dishes and sweeping the floor. “How much longer do I have until I’m done?” Andromeda asked, her body aching due to two months of endless chores.

“When I say so,” Twilight responded, making Andromeda groan.

==================================================================

On the outskirts of Ponyville, a unicorn, with a similar build to Tempest, is walking toward the town. He has a dark green mane that spikes high above his head along with a ponytail that drapes behind his head, while his coat is a brilliant azure. He also has sharp light green lion-like eyes that have long scars shaped like cross going across them and is wearing a green coat with ripped-off sleeves, and his cutie mark is a tornado. “So this is Ponyville, huh?” The azure unicorn said as he stops, seeing the town. He stares at the castle of Equestria’s Princess of Friendship: Twilight Sparkle.

“We finally made it, Leone pal!” A brown minotaur that has a big build with a large stomach, a short purple beard, wearing a white beanie hat that has a red bull's skull on it and a red and a black jacket with red strip on both the front side that is zipped on his torso, said as he catches up with the unicorn, carrying two heavy-looking bags.

“Taurus, you go scope it out, while I find us a place to train.”

“You got it, Leone pal!” The minotaur, Taurus, said as he drops the bags and runs into town, leaving behind a dust cloud. The unicorn, Leone, then looks at his surroundings, and sees an old tree house in an apple field.

“Perfect,” Leone said as he picks the bags up with his green magic and walks toward the tree house.

==================================================================

In the town market, Bismarck is selling apples, while his brother Bucky is waiting for his two friends. “Don’t worry, Bucky. I’m sure Peach an' Orion will be here soon,” Bismarck said, but gets nothing from the little colt. “What's wrong? Normally, you’ll be doin' anything' t'cheer yourself up, especially after yo' got off from school fo' th' summer.”

“Ah know,” Bucky said. “I’m still a bit shaken from that whole time travel thin'.”

“Me too,” Bismarck replied.

“Hey, Bucky!” Two voices called out. Bucky sees that they belong to his two friends, Orion and Peach.

“Orion! Peach!” An ecstatic Bucky said as he runs up to them.

“Ready to do some crusading today?” Orion asked.

“You bet!” Bucky said as the three run off, while Bismarck just smiles.

“Hey, handsome,” another voice said. Knowing the voice right away, Bismarck turns and sees his pregnant wife, Radiance.

“Radiance,” a pleasantly surprised Bismarck said. “How ya doing?”

“Still eating ice cream with pickles.” Radiance said as she holds her stomach. When they finally returned to the present, Bismarck and Radiance explained everything to everyone, which was accepted rather quickly. The Apples even builded a home for the two on the outskirts of the farm.

==================================================================

“So, what are we doing today?” Peach asked.

“We’ll try to help anyone who’s new in town,” Orion answered, making Bucky and Peach stare at him in disbelief. “I’m serious. Ever since that whole time travel incident, Ponyville has gotten more visitors than ever before. If we help them, we might get our cutie marks!”

“Is that it, or are you scared to do anything dangerous after that time travel thing?” Peach asked.

No!” Orion firmly said, getting a well deserved punch in the arm from Peach. “Ow!”

“Say, can you three help?” A brown minotaur that has a big build with a large stomach, a short purple beard, wearing a white beanie hat that has a red bull's skull on it and a red and a black jacket with red strip on both the front side that is zipped on his torso asked.

“Uh … yeah. With what?” Bucky nervously asked.

“I’m looking for the castle. Do you know where it is?” The minotaur asked.

“You’re joking, right?” a bewildered Orion asked. “My mom’s castle is right over there, where her old library used to be.” He said as he pointed to his mothers castle.

“Huh? Your mom is Princess Twilight? Your Andromeda’s little brother?”

“Yeah. I’m Orion, and these are my friends Bucky and Peach Cobbler.”

“I’m Taurus. Nice to meet ya.”

==================================================================

In the skies above Ponyville, Tempest is lazily flying about, having done his duties for the day. “I can’t believe I finished before lunch,” Tempest said to himself as he lands on a small cloud. Suddenly, he sees a giant tornado appear near Sweet Apple Acres. It then disappears as suddenly as it appeared. Not sure what just happened, Tempest speeds off toward the source, not sure what he’s getting himself into.

==================================================================

Sweet Apple Acres, home to the sweetest and juiciest apples in Equestria, possibly the world. But apples are not on the minds of Radiance and Bismarck, the two taking a walk down a path, rubbing against each other in a lovely way. Suddenly, they see a giant tornado appear on the outskirts of the apple farm. It then disappears as suddenly as it appeared. “What was that?” Radiance asked.

“Ah have no id…” Bismarck then remembers that the Cutie Mark Crusaders club house is near there. “Oh, no! Bucky and his friends might be there!” Bismarck frantically said. “He could be in trouble! Radiance, you go find my mom and tell her about this,” he said as he runs toward the clubhouse, leaving behind a worried Radiance.

==================================================================

“Wow!” An awestricken Taurus said when he sees the Friendship Rainbow Castle. “It’s bigger than I thought.”

“Yep. That's it.” Orion said.

“Thanks. I got to go now. See ya later!” Taurus said as he runs off.

“Hey, wait!” Peach called, but Taurus is already gone.

“He sure did took off in a hurry.” Bucky said.

“Yeah. Wonder why?” Orion asked.

“Oh Orion,” Twilight singly called from a balcony above, making Orion shiver, already knowing what she wants due to his involvement in the time travel incident.

“Yes, mom?” Orion squeaked.

“It’s your turn to clean,” Twilight said as she levitates a bucket and mop. “Bucky and Peach can help you, too. Won’t you?”

“Uh … Yes, ma’am.” Bucky nervously said while Peach shakes her head as the three head inside, their plans for the day now ruined.

==================================================================

At the club house, Bismarck arrives, but sees nothing out-of-place. “Bucky! Bucky!” Bismarck called, getting no answer.

“Relax, dude, Bucky and his friends aren’t here.” A familiar voice said. Looking up, the country stallion sees Tempest fly down and land in front of him. “I saw them head for the library earlier before that tornado showed up.” Tempest said, making Bismarck sigh in relief.

“What do you think happen to cause that tornado, anyway?” Bismarck asked.

“I happened.” A male voice from above and behind said. The three friends turn around and see a brilliant azure colored unicorn eating an apple, lying on his back on the tree house. It’s Leone.

“Hey! You have to buy that apple before you eat it!” Bismarck shouted.

“Hey, beck home in Africa, you usually have to take what you can get.” Leone said as he finishes the apple, and throws the core toward a pile that has 9 others. “Anyway, do you two know a Andromeda Sparkle? I’m looking for her.”

“Why are you looking for Andi?” Tempest asked.

“‘Andi’? Are you her boyfriend or something?” Leone asked.

“What!? No!” Tempest said, blushing slightly.

“But you do know her,” Leone correctly guessed.

“Leone pal!” A brown minotaur that has a big build with a large stomach, a short purple beard, wearing a white beanie hat that has a red bull's skull on it and a red and a black jacket with red strip on both the front side that is zipped on his torso, called out as he runs toward the tree house. “I found where she lives!”

“Nice work, Taurus.” Leone said as he stand up. “You two, give her a message. Tell her that I, Leone Lulamoon, challenges her to a duel. Meet me at the outskirts of this farm in 24 hours.”

“What if we don’t tell her, and what if she refuses?” Tempest asked.

“Oh, I think you’ll tell her, and she will accept. Otherwise,” Leone said as he horn begins to glow green. The wind then begins to pick up rapidly, which the two stallions take notice of.

“What the hay?” Bismarck asked as the wind grows faster and faster until a tornado appears in front of them, it being strong enough to pull some apples from the surrounding trees.

“If she doesn't show, I’ll destroy the farm with my tornado. Now get going!” Leone shouted as the tornado picks the two up and tosses them toward the barn house.

That should get her attention, Leone buddy,” said Taurus.

“Let’s get to training,” Leone said as he gets down. “Time for payback, Sparkles.”

==================================================================

Meanwhile, over near the Apple Family barn, Applejack is repairing a broken door. “Almost finished,” she said as she nails in the doors mechanism. Suddenly, Radiance run up to her. “Radiance, what’s wrong, sugarcube?

“A tornado suddenly appeared at the kids clubhouse,” Radiance answered. “Bismarck went there to check if Bucky was.”

“What!?” Applejack said, very worried now.

“A little help please.” A familiar voice said in a country accent. Looking up, the two mares see Tempest and Bismarck hanging in the tree.

“We kinda have something important to tell Andromeda.” Tempest said. Suddenly, the branch he’s on gives way, and he falls to the ground hard. “Ow!”

==================================================================

At the Friendship Rainbow Castle, Andromeda and the Cutie Mark Crusaders are resting in the library, exhausted from the day of chores they had to do. “Well, Andromeda, Orion, I think you two have paid you debt.” Twilight said as she enters the room, carrying 5 plats of food.

“Finally!” Both Andromeda and Orion said. Suddenly…

“Excuse me, Princess Twilight,” said a servant as she enters the library. "Your daughter's friends are at the gat and they request seeing her."

"Please, let them in," Andromeda said. At that, the servant leaves.

“Who do you think is at the door?” Peach asked, only to get her answer when Radiance, Bismarck and Tempest come running in.

“Andromeda! We have something important to tell you,” Tempest said as he hovers above Andromeda.

“What? What is it?” Asked Andromeda.

“There’s this new unicorn in town,” Bismarck answered.

“He’s a really mean one. He can create a tornado with almost no wind,” Radiance added.

“And he called you out, Andi,” Tempest finished. “He wants to duel you tomorrow at noon.”

After a few minutes of silence, with Andromeda open jawed, her reaction is only three words. “Say what now?”

==================================================================

Night has fallen, and Leone is on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest, training. Leone has created a tornado, tearing out trees and boulders, ready for his duel with Andromeda. “I’m coming for you Andromeda!” He shouted as the trees and boulders are torn to shreds.

==================================================================

“How can I sleep when I have a duel tomorrow?” Andromeda asked her mother, pacing around her room.

“Just calm down.” Twilight tried to reassured. “All we know is that this Leone guy wants to duel you, and that he can create tornados. Whenever I was in a duel, my friends gave me their support.”

“Mom, just because Leone said ‘duel’, doesn't mean it will be a ‘magic duel.’”

“Relax. You just have to figure out his style of magic, and then you can beat him,” Twilight said as she heads for the door. “Now, good night and get some sleep. You’ll need it.” Twilight finished as she closes the door.

“Along with a paramedic,” Andromeda said under breath as she gets to bed.

==================================================================

“He did what now?” Applejack asked her son.

“He’ll won’t stop unless he duels Andromeda for some reason,” Bismarck said.

==================================================================

“It’s gonna be at noon tomorrow at the outskirts of the Apple Farm,” Tempest said to not only his mother, but also to Pinkie, Berry & Cherry, Fluttershy, and Flora.

“Oh my,” Fluttershy said, “is he serious?”

“I think so,” Tempest answered. “He’ll threaten the whole farm with a tornado if Andromeda doesn't show.”

==================================================================

The next day is a very windy one, the lowest wind speed being 20 MPH. Just outside of Sweet Apple Acres, Leone is waiting by the gate, with Taurus behind him eating some apples. “Hey!” Applejack yelled as she runs toward the minotaur.

“Whoops! Sorry, I’ll pay,” Taurus said as he empties his pocket and gives Applejack 20 bits.

“If it ain’t the Element of Honesty,” Leone said as he glares at the country mare, while her two sons walk, Bismarck glaring back, while Bucky recognizes Taurus from yesterday. “Where’s Andromeda?”

“On her way,” Bismarck said, knowing Andromeda won’t abandon her friends so easily.

“Hey!” A voice from down the road called. The four ponies and minotaur turn around and see Andromeda walking their way, with her mother and brother not far behind. “Looking for me?”

“I am,” Leone said as he smirks. “The rules are simple: the first one of use who gets their opponent out of the arena or knocks them out cold first wins.” Leone said as he creates a 50-foot diameter circle around him with his magic and a stick, while the others arrive.

“That doesn't sound like a normal duel,” Rainbow said.

“This isn’t going to be like the magic duels you’re all familiar with,” Leone pointed out as Andromeda steps into the circle.

“Ready when you are,” Andromeda said to the azure unicorn.

“All right then, let’s get started,” Leone said as he takes on a fighting stance. “3…” He said as Andromeda takes on a more defensive stance instead, not really sure what he’s up to.

“2…” She said as her horns begin to glow, while everyone else takes a step back, the tension growing by the second. “1 … GO!” Both Andromeda and Leone said as she fires a blast of magic at Leone. However, Leone jumps up into the air a split second after Andromeda fires, and avoids the attack. “What!?”

“Ha! You're a total ammeter when it comes to these duels, Andromeda,” Leone said as his horn begins to glow. “Your never supposed to attack on your first move unless that’s you're fighting style.”

“Uh…”

“What's wrong, Andi? If you think you can find a way to last this out by doing a simple spell that anyone can learn like that, you won’t last a minute in the real dueling world.” Leone said as he himself charges a spell.

“Let’s try that again,” Andromeda said as she charges another blast.

That’s right. Keep going on the offensive. Leone thought to himself. Andromeda then fires, but the blast just breezes by Leone.

“Huh? What just happened?” Orion asked.

“What! How?” Andromeda asked.

“In case none of you haven't noticed yet, my special talent is wind manipulation,” Leone said to the group. “I can turn a genteel breeze into a deadly hurricane.”

“Why you! You knew the pegasi would make this a windy day, didn’t you!” Andromeda said to Leone, having caught on to his plan.

“You need to wise up, Andromeda,” Leone said. “In a real fight, you need to do anything that will give you the advantage. You need to rely on your warriors spirit as much as your smarts and magic if you want to survive in the real world.” Suddenly, the wind picks up to a new level.

“What now?” Andromeda asked as he friends and family get pushed back.

“You go show her you best spell, Leone!” Taurus cheered.

“‘Best spell’? What spell?” Andromeda asked.

“Remember when I said you need to create your own spells in order to survive? This is mine: the Lion Gale Force Wall!” Leone shouted as a tornado appears, pulling out clouds from above and apples from nearby trees.

“This is bad!” Orion said as they see Andromeda slowly being pulled into the vortex.

“I got to hang on!” Andromeda said, when she notices that some leaves are staying in a single spot above Leone, since he’s at the center of the tornado. Andromeda then gasps when she realizes something, and remembers what her mother said last night. “I have to figure out his style of magic. So far, he’s been using a tornado to block my attacks and keep me at bay. That means his style is a defensive one.”

“What’s the matter, Andromeda?” Leone asked. “Lion got your tongue? ‘Cause I got you.”

“Not yet!” Andromeda barked back.

“What was that?” Leone asked, while the others look, wondering what Andromeda is up to now.

“The duel is not over until the last pony is still standing in the stadium. And that will be me!” Andromeda said as she begins to run toward the tornado, which shocks everyone.

“What is she doing!?” Tempest asked.

“Ha! You foal, if you charge in like that, it’ll be over,” Leone said as Andromeda is swept up by the tornado.

“Andromeda!”

“Todays forecast: high winds with a 100% chance of Andromeda losing,” Taurus said.

“Not quite!” Andromeda shouted from above.

“Huh?” Everyone asked. They then see Andromeda fire a blast of magic down toward Leone before she falls. Much to the shock of Leone, Andromeda’s blast isn’t being diverted away, but appears to be getting stronger. The blast manages to hit right in front of Leone, which sends him flying out of the improvised stadium, and he and Andromeda both land at the same time.

“Whoa! Andromeda, that was amazing,” Orion said as he runs over toward his sister.

“To bad it was a tie.” Andromeda said as she gets back up.

“Your just lucky that I was holding back, Andromeda.” Leone said as he gets up, which shocks the group. “But that doesn't mean I will give up anytime soon,” Leone said as he walks toward Taurus. “Taurus, I’m gonna go train in the Everfree Forest for the next few days. In the meantime, I want you to keep an eye on her till I get back.”

“Leave it to me, Leone!”

“Wow, those two sure do talk fast,” Pinkie said as they see Leone leave, while Taurus runs up to them. However, none of them notice a short unicorn with a dark purple coat, blue mane that's tied back into a braided pony tail, wearing a purple kimono with a red trim, yellow cuffs and a dark orange circle with a red gecko along with a green jade prayer bead necklace, is watching them from the top of a tree several yards away.