• Published 25th Dec 2013
  • 956 Views, 7 Comments

The World Duel Championships X - The Avenger



100+ countries, 8 destinations, 7 ponies, one epic duel!

  • ...
1
 7
 956

Chi-yun's Will

Chi-yun’s Will

In Equestria, Celestia and Luna, with Discord sitting on a cotton candy cloud, are all relaxing as the turn on the television. “I can’t believe we finished our duties in time for to watch the first round of the world championships,” Luna said as they find the right channel, where they see the audience cheering.

It’s all done folks!” The commentator said. “Sagittario has defeated Chao Xin!

I seriously rock!” Sagittario said.

All right!” Team Star Swirl all said. “Awesome, Sagittario!” Tempest added.

“Aw man! We missed the first match,” Discord said.

==================================================================

In the Beijing National Stadium … “In round 1 of the A-Block of the World Duel Championships X, this is what just went down. Team Star Swirl is the first to score a win. Will our Wang Hu Zhong be able to make a comeback?” The commentator asked the crowd.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!” The audience all chanted.

“Yes, Wang Hu Zhong! This place is hopping as we move on to the second match! Wang Hu Zhong’s Chi-yun verses Star Swirl’s Firestorm! Don’t go anywhere. We’re gonna be right back at it in 10 minutes!”

==================================================================

A bit later, in one of the stadiums training areas, Chi-yun is kicking a ball against a wooden target, with Dashan and Mei-Mei watching. “Chi-yun is really getting into it,” Mei-Mei noted as Chi-yun relentlessly assaults the target with the ball, hitting dead center each time.

“It’s because he saw Chao Xin get serious,” Dashan said.

“Huh?”

“Until now, Chao Xin has never been serious,” Dashan pointed out. “Also, he hasn’t ever faced me or Chi-yun. So by watching Chao Xin and Sagittario duel earlier, he realized something; that if Chao Xin had to fight with all of his strength and lost, then Chi-yun is in danger of losing. In the next match, Chi-yun isn’t just facing his opponent, Firestorm, Chi-yun want’s to use the duel with Firestorm to prove that he won’t lose to Chao Xin’s true power either.”

“The duel between Chao Xin and Sagittario has lit a fire in Chi-yun’s spirit as well.” Mei-Mei noted.

“By considering your allies rivals, you work hard together and aim for even greater heights. This is a good thing for Wang Hu Zhong,” Dashan added. “However, we cannot afford to lose. The only thing we are seeking in the next match is the word victory!”

“I know that,” Chi-yun said as he catches the ball. “That is why, I want you to leave everything to me in the next match. I promise that I will fight like I have never fought before.”

“Chi-yun,” a surprised Mei-Mei said.

“When the duel is over today, as long as you’re still standing in the ring, I won’t have any complaints. I will carry the torch for the final match.” Dashan said to Chi-yun. “We cannot lose this tournament. During each world championships, Shaolin Temple has put it’s 4000 year history on the line. After China’s only representative team to have ever won the World Duel Championships, 9 years ago, both Team Crimson Typhoon and Shaolin Temple are counting on us not to lose right away, a dishonor that all the other teams never had. There is only one place, and that is first place!”

“I, Chi-yun, will definitely win!” Chi-yun said as he kicks the ball back to the target so hard, that the target shatters.

==================================================================

In Team Star Swirls room, the team, minus Firestorm, are eating some sandwiches. “I got to hand it to you, Sagittario, that duel was really awesome,” Tempest said in between bits of his sandwich.

“Well, as the number one duelist, you have to leave it all on the arena floor, man,” Sagittario said while he eats his.

“So, what kind of training we’re you doing?” Andromeda asked.

“Well, I was training by breaking boulders, when I meet this old griffin dude in the mountains. He then taught me how to put all of my power into one point so I can shred leaves. The wired thing was that he was with the other previous leaders of China’s representative teams.” Sagittario said with his mouthful.”

“Ugh! Please, talk or eat! You’re so gross!” Radiance shouted at Sagittario, having had enough of his table manners. Her yelling makes Sagittario nearly cook.

“Has anyone seen Firestorm?” Bismarck asked.

“I’m pretty sure he’ out somewhere collecting his thoughts for his match against Chi-yun.” Firestorm answered.

“To be a champ, you have to eat a ton.” Sagittario said, clearly off topic. “Look at me. If Firestorm waits too long, Tempest will eat everything in sight.”

“You should talk, Mister Chow Hound!” Tempest yelled.

“What did you call me!?”

“Mister Chow Hound!”

“How many did you eat!?” Both Sagittario and Tempest asked the other, before they quickly back off and begin counting.

“Ugh. Firestorm won’t like seeing Sagittono and Tempy fight like this, so I’m sure he’s fine,” Yu said. “The best thing we can do for him is to let him be.”

“It’s a tie!” Sagittario and Tempest said when they finish counting. “Time to break it!” Sagittario said as he and Tempest make a grab for the same sandwich.

“Hey, that’s mine!”

“No! Mine!” Tempest and Sagittario both shouted as they do a tug-a-war, making their team mates groan out of embarrassment.

“Ugh! Unbelievable,” Bismarck, Radiance and Yu all groaned.

“I’m so glade that no one from home is here seeing this,” Andromeda said as she places a hoof over her face.

==================================================================

Meanwhile, on a balcony, Firestorm is collecting his thoughts, planning a strategy for his match with Chi-yun. “So, my opponent is Chi-yun. He’s different then Chao Xin. He specializes in attacks based on a form of Chinese martial art that was perfected under Shaolin Temples strict training. His incredible speed is a threat. But he should be an easy opponent for me to beat. As long as I act calmly and do not lose sight of myself, there is no reason I cannot win against him. As long as I stay calm.” Suddenly … Don't count me out!” Firestorm yelled as the dark aura makes the tornado dissipate. “I will not lose!” Firestorm screeched as he crashes down onto Leone, who just barely puts up a shied to protect himself from this new and dangerous power. Firestorm doesn't stop, though. The Wonderbolt Prodigy just keeps going, which begins to make the ground beneath them crack.

FIRESTORM!!!!!!!!!” Blaze cried out, which snaps Firestorm back to normal.

Firestorm gasps as he begins to realize what happened. It was just a flashback. “Just my imagination. Not a problem, even if Blaze isn’t here, I can do this! I will soar into the skies of the world!” Suddenly, a loud gong is heard.

==================================================================

It’s the commentator who’s ringing the gong. “Time to get it on! Get ready!” he said as he rings the gong some more, causing everyone who was outside shopping and eating to hurry back in.

==================================================================

“Oh no! It’s starting!” Sagittario said having been completely caught off guard.

“Let’s book!” Tempest said as he and the others leave the room.

==================================================================

Wang Hu Zhong does the same, only Chao Xin is laying on the couch, having decided to watch from the monitor in there. “Time’s up,” Mei-Mei said as the three walk down the corridor.

“We’re counting on you, Chi-yun,” Dashan added.

“I’m ready,” Chi-yun said. I can’t lose like Chao Xin did. I will bring out the best in Firestorm. But he is going down. The thing that divides the winner from the loser in the end is the determination to win. As long as one brings that focus and attitude to a competition, good things will follow. Chi-yun thought as they reach the arena, where the audience is cheering for them.

“Okay, here we go.” The commentator said as he stops hitting the gong. “This is the second match of the first round in the A-Block of the World Duel Championships X! First to arrive is our Wang Hu Zhong’s own Chi-yun!” The commentator said as Chi-yun walks up to the ring, while the audience shouts in both anticipation and excitement.

Go get him, Chi-yun!

Bring Wang Hu Zhong a victory!

Yes! Yes! Chi-yun! Chi-yun!” The audience all chanted.

I must win. Chi-yun thought as he stops at the edge of the ring. I hold the fate of Wang Hu Zhong in my hoofs and my determination will not fail against his. There is only one place and that is first place!

“Next, his opponent from Equestria, Team Star Swirls Firestorm,” the commentator said as Firestorm walks up to the ring, while the audience boos him.

“You can do it, Firestorm!” Andromeda cheered.

“Give it all you got out there!” Tempest cheered.

“Yeah. If you win, it’s over. Who wants to see Andi fight, anyway?” Sagittario said under his breath, though Andromeda hears him and gives him a dirty look.

“Just don’t lose the match, okay?” Yu added.

The commentator then rings the gong, signaling everyone to calm down. “What happened to Leone, anyway?” Chi-yun asked Firestorm.

“What?”

“In Equestria, you were defeated by Leone, so why is it that you’re dueling me as Equestria’s representative? I don’t get it.”

“Are you disappointed to have me as an opponent?” Firestorm asked the short unicorn.

“Not really. It’s just …”

“It’s just what?”

“If you don’t fight harder than you did in your duel with Leone, you can’t win against me. Let’s do this!” Chi-yun said as he takes on a fighting stance.

Harder than my duel with Leone? Calm down, this is just the goofy teasing of an enemy who has no future if he loses. I won’t let it affect me. I am who I am. I’m going to win using my own fighting style and then he’ll understand the nature of my true power. I will show this guy that I’m not a pegasus who gives up. Not now. Not ever. Firestorm thought as he gets ready.

“So, will Team Star Swirl decide the entire duel with two wins in a row, or will our Wang Hu Zhong pull this out of the fire? Let’s find out. Three … two … one … GO!” At that, the two race to the center of the stadium. As they approach, Firestorm is about to punch on Chi-yun, when…

“Solid Iron Wall!” Chi-yun suddenly said as he takes on a stance, while Firestorm moves to the outer stadium.

“Just as I expected. Taking a defensive stance first,” Firestorm said.

“Boo!” Yu, Bismarck and Tempest said.

“What’s Chi-yun doing out there? He’s just waiting like a sitting duck in the center of the stadium. Isn’t he even gonna try to win?” Sagittario said.

“He’s crafty,” Andromeda pointed out. “By taking center stage, Chi-yun restricts Firestorm’s moves to only be able to circle and decide when to attack.”

“Firestorm better be careful,” Yu added. Firestorm quickly makes his move as he rams into Chi-yun, but he easily repels Firestorm with his Solid Iron Wall. Firestorm continues to attack, but Chi-yun counters it again. “While staying at the center of the ring like that, Chi-yun can save his strength. Right?”

“That, and he can view where the attacks come from and quickly counters them with quick reflexes.” Andromeda said. “As long as he keeps using the Solid Iron Wall, Firestorm won’t actually hit him.”

“So that means that the more he attacks, the one using up his energy is Firestorm,” Sagittario said.

“Yes, and Firestorm must see that’s whats going on,” Tempest said.

“Chi-yun is maintaining a rock solid stance as Firestorm goes up against his iron wall of protection!” The commentator said.

“That stance was perfected in Shaolin Temple,” Dashan said.

“It’s the basis of all of our techniques,” Mei-Mei added.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!” The audience all chanted.

“What’s the problem?” Chi-yun asked Firestorm. “Attack some more!”

“Be carful what you wish for,” Firestorm said. “If you won’t move, then I just have to move you myself!” Firestorm said as he takes off and charges at Chi-yun. “Wing Smash!

“Too late. Thunder Sword Waltz!” Chi-yun said. Somehow, Firestorm's attack is deflected and hits the edge of the stadium. Chi-yun capitalizes this by using another move … “Piercing Brink Strike!” Chi-yun shouted.

“Stop it! Don’t move Chi-yun!” Dashan said, but it’s too late as Chi-yun rams Firestorm into the air.

“This is what I was waiting for,” Firestorm said as he quickly stops himself in the air. “Diving Crush!” Firestorm said as he quickly dives down toward Chi-yun.

“Oh! I get it! Firestorm's attacks were actually gearing him up for this.” The commentator quickly said.

==================================================================

“Awesome!” Berry and Cherry both said as they all watch.

“Go, Firestorm!” Blaze cheered.

==================================================================

“This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for,” Chi-yun said with a sinister grin. “Tempestuous Whirlwind Sword!” Chi-yun suddenly shouted as he jumps into the air and creates a small whirlwind with his magic, and knocks Firestorm out of the sky and into the stadium hard.

“Oh baby!” The commentator said as Team Star Swirl all gasp is shock. “Was Chi-yun’s spell enough to take the win?” The commentator asked as the smoke clears, and reveals that Firestorm is still standing, but wobbling a little. “Almost! Firestorm is still standing, but just barely folks! Talk about Chi-yun being a force to be reckoned with. He’s so awesome, he anticipated Firestorm’s move. That’s the kind of duelist you can expect from Chi-yun. That is why he is one of Shaolin Temple strongest warriors!”

“Amazing job, Chi-yun!” Mei-Mei complimented.

“How was he able to see that far ahead?” Dashan asked.

==================================================================

“Whoa! Not bad, I guess,” Chao Xin said as he watches the match in the waiting room.

==================================================================

“My plan was to lead him into a trap, but it completely backfired on me,” a shaken Firestorm said as he regains his composure.

“I am a Shaolin Temple warrior. And anticipating two or three moves ahead is what we do. It’s especially easy to read the next move of a guy like you who fights by the book.” Chi-yun said.

“What?”

“Keep this in mind: as long as you keep fighting so rigidly, you will never be able to win against me.”

“You kidding?” Firestorm retorted. “You think you can tell me how to fight?! I have won many fights this way! Counter Stance!” Firestorm said as he charges toward Chi-yun.

“Give it up! Where you're going, it’ll just end up the same way. Your never gonna be able to beat me.” Chi-yun said as he dodges the attack, but Firestorm reveals his true intentions as he soars into the sky.

“Ah! Firestorm has flown high into the sky once again!” The commentator said.

Smashing Hoof!” Firestorm said as he dives down and slams into Chi-yun from above in a circular motion several times.

“Awesome!” Tempest cheered.

“Attacks like that won’t work against me, my friend,” Chi-yun said, when he grabs Firestorm's hoof when he was about to attack again and tosses him aside.

“I don’t get it!” An unstable Firestorm said. “Why aren't any of my moves able to break through his defenses?!”

==================================================================

In the Crystal Palace, everyone is watching with worry. “Man, that Chi-yun guys sure does gets under your skin easy. Doesn't he?” Shining Armor said.

“Come on, Firestorm. You can do it. Don’t let that pipsqueak get to you.” Blaze said under her breath.

==================================================================

“How great! Looks like this match is gonna be ours,” Mei-Mei said.

“Easy now. Don’t get to cocky,” Dashan reminded Mei-Mei. “Wait until the enemy’s power is completely drained so we know for sure. Chi-yun, start Solid Iron Wall again. Lay back while Firestorm uses up power,” Dashan ordered. However, Chi-yun charges toward Firestorm, ignoring Dashan. “What!?” Dashan asked as Chi-yun begins an offensive assault on Firestorm.

Chi-yun fires a blast of magic at Firestorm, which sends him back. “Are you still not getting it? You're holding back so much, your defeat would be crushing at this point.” Chi-yun said to Firestorm. “Start showing some true passion and try to win this thing!” Chi-yun added, while Firestorm just glares at him.

“Firestorm, calm down!” Tempest said.

“The pegasus I really want to duel with is the Firestorm in Equestria who fought hard with Leone. No, wait! Try showing me even more then that. At least then, I’ll really enjoy defeating you!” Chi-yun said as he attacks, attacks, and attacks again at Firestorm.

“Whoa! Did you see that spectacular offense? Totally different from before. Chi-yun has thrown technique out the window and is releasing an all out attack!” The commentator said as the crowd cheers for Chi-yun. “What incredible drive! An unbelievable fighting spirit! Our Chi-yun is heading straight for victory!”

Yes! Yes! Yes!” The audience all chanted.

==================================================================

“Whoa! Now this is getting my attention,” Chao Xin said as he gets up as he watches the match in the waiting room.

==================================================================

“Chi-yun, what are you doing?” Dashan demanded.

“This way of fighting is not like him at all.” Mei-Mei pointed out.

“I know,” Dashan said. “In order to grow as a warrior, he must start to think of allies as rivals, and keep his head under the pressure of battle. However, for now the most important thing for us is an assured victory. Calm down Chi-yun.”

“I must win. I must win now!” Chi-yun said in a determined voice as he rains down blast after blast at Firestorm.

“This isn’t good. This fight is quickly turning one-sided.” Sagittario said.

“Go Firestorm!” Yu said, trying his best to help.

“What’s going on?” Chi-yun asked after he stops for a moment. “Is this all you got? Why can’t you just give me the power you showed us in the fight with Leone? Or do you just not have it in you?” Chi-yun taunted before he continues his assault, which finally makes Firestorm snap.

“Stop talking. Stop talking! I don’t want to hear any more of your upsetting taunts!” Firestorm snapped.

“Firestorm, calm down!” Tempest yelled, worried about his friend while Andromeda checks what might happened to Firestorm on her Zapple Brick.

“Ah! Not good!” Andromeda said. “Even with his Wonderbolt shock suit, if he takes getting hit like this, his chest bones might start breaking, puncturing a lung, or worse!”

“What!?” Sagittario, Bismarck, Radiance and Yu all said.

That’s enough, Firestorm! We already have one win, so don’t push yourself!” Tempest yelled, but something is happening to Firestorm.

“It’s enough? He says that it’s enough!?” Firestorm asked himself after he finds himself in a dark place in his mind while Chi-yun stops for a moment to rest.

“You lost to Leone, didn’t you?” Chi-yun asked, being the only thing that Firestorm hears.

“That’s right, I lost to Leone.”

“As long as you keep fighting so rigidly, you will never be able to win against me.” Firestorm remembered.

“I can’t … I can’t win.”

“If you don’t fight harder than you did in your duel with Leone, you can’t win against me.”

“I can’t win? No! I must!”

“You will never win,” Chi-yun said to the unstable Firestorm now.

“But -- But I cannot lose!”

“Chi-yun will be the one to win!”

“No! Ahhh! Please stop it!” Firestorm screamed as something begins to take over, while his eyes begin to glow red. “I want to win. I will win!” Firestorm shouted as a dark presence begins to take over.

“Whoa!” Chi-yun said as he sees the darkness take over, along with everyone else who is watching.

==================================================================

In Canterlot, Celestia, Luna and Discord all gasp in shock as the see the darkness taking over Firestorm. "What in the world?" Luna asked.

==================================================================

“What is this?” Dashan asked.

Win! I want to win! Win. Must win!” Firestorm said in a completely different voice, an evil one, as he gives off the darkness from different parts of his body, his eyes glowing blood-red.

“Wha?” Radiance, Bismarck, Andromeda and Sagittario all gasp.

“What’s going on?” A sacred Yu asked.

“Firestorm!” Tempest said.

“Hmm! This is exciting.” Chi-yun said, not at all scared. “Finally, this is the Firestorm I was hoping to duel with. Now it really means something when I take the win. Tempestuous Whirlwind Sword!” Chi-yun shouted as he creates a small whirlwind with his magic and directs it toward Firestorm, but…

Don't mess with me!” Firestorm yelled as he not only stops the whirlwind, but takes control of it with no effort at all.

“Huh?”

Here’s your punishment for all that arrogant taunting!” Firestorm roared as he lets loose the whirlwind at Chi-yun, who just barely avoids it as it destroys a large part of the arena. Suddenly, Firestorm flies toward Chi-yun at an incredible speed, with Chi-yun having only enough time to create a small bubble of protection as Firestorm rams him against the wall, which begins to collapse due to the force.

“What is going on here?” The terrified commentator asked. “Firestorm has suddenly gotten his second wind, and is pushing Chi-yun fiercely against the wall!”

“I won’t take this!” Chi-yun said as he tires to repel Firestorm with all of his might, but fails.

Give it up! You’re going to have to say goodbye forever!” Firestorm shouted as the sheer force begins to create a powerful wind. Chi-yun begins to show signs of being afraid as Firestorm beings to laugh like some kind of mane-iac.

==================================================================

In the Crystal Palace, everyone is watching in both shock and fear of what has happened to Firestorm. “What happened to you, Firestorm!?” Soarin and Spitfire both said, very worried for their son.

“He’s completely lost it,” Peach said as her mother, Fluttershy, along with Twilight, Shining Armor, Cadence, Rarity, Rainbow, Applejack and Pinkie all gasp in shock when they see a very disturbing resemblance Firestorm has to an evil queen that they hope never to see again.

==================================================================

“No! Chi-yun, get out!” A worried Dashan cried out.

“Chi-yun!” An equally worried Mei-Mei said.

==================================================================

“What’s going on? Get it together!” Chao Xin said in the waiting room, just as worried for his teammate.

==================================================================

“No way!” Chi-yun stubbornly said. “I am not going to lose. Losing is not an option here! In the end, the drive to win is everything. As long as I can hold onto that right now, then I can do it. Losing will not be possible!” Chi-yun said as the force of Firestorm’s assault grows in intensity with every passing second, with Firestorm screaming as the bubble Chi-yun is using to protect himself begins to crack, but his sear force of will wont let it break so easily.

Disappear! Disappear! Disappear into oblivion!” Firestorm yelled as an incredible large explosion happens, filling the stadium with smoke and dust. Suddenly, a figure flies out and lands outside the ring.

“Who is it?” Sagittario said as the smoke begins to clear.

“The one outside the stadium is Firestorm!” The commentator said after the smoke clears. “Can you believe it!? Firestorm's wild rampage ends in a self stadium out!” The commentator said as all eyes turn towards the ring, where Chi-yun is barley able to stand on his own. “The winner is, I can barley contain myself, Chi-yun! Chi-yun just barely remains standing.”

“I won?” A shocked Chi-yun asked.

“That’s right!” The commentator answered. “After an incredible hard-fought and freaky duel, the winner is our own Wang Hu Zhong’s Chi-yun!”

Yeah! Chi-yun! Victory! Victory! Victory! Victory!” The audience chanted, completely ignorant of what just happened.

“We managed to win after all,” a relived Dashan said.

“Yes,” Mei-Mei added.

==================================================================

“Whoa. Talk about close calls.” Chao Xin said in the waiting room. “But what happened to Firestorm anyway?” Chao Xin asked as he sees Firestorm get back up, having turned back to normal.

==================================================================

“Poor guy,” Radiance said.

“Firestorm, you okay?” Yu asked the Wonderbolt prodigy. Suddenly, Firestorm collapses.

“Ah!”

“Firestorm!” Both Andromeda and Sagittario said as they all get off the platform and run toward their friend.

“Buddy! Buddy!” Tempest said as he reaches Firestorm first. “Are you okay? Firestorm. Come on, buddy,” Tempest said as he tries his best as the others reach them.

“We’re here for you,” Radiance said as she pulls out a first aid kit from her bag.

“The first round duel in the A-Block of the World Duel Championships X between Wang Hu Zhong and Star Swirl is now tied 1-1.” The commentator said as Radiance begins to bandage up Firestorm, while the others just glare at him due to how oblivious he is. “Although Chi-yun’s dramatic victory was worth way more than 10 victories.” He added while the audience all cheers, agreeing with him. “Will Wang Hu Zhong keep up this high energy and take the next match as well? Oh yeah!” He added as the audience begins saying ‘victory’ again.