• Published 23rd Oct 2013
  • 612 Views, 7 Comments

The Celestial Sisters - ScooterFiction



Celestia and Luna have just 72 hours to reunite the Elements of Harmony and save the Ponyville orphanage from destruction. They'll never get caught. They're on a mission from god.

  • ...
2
 7
 612

Chapter 3

The car pulled to a stop outside the Town hall, the engine ticking over softly. Celestia watched the many townsfolk filtering into the building, rambling and moaning profusely. Luna lowered her sunglasses and regarded them with a look of confusion.

“Well, had we best not go in and stop this Trixie, before she ruins Ponyville entirely?”

Celestia shook her head, “No, not yet. Let's wait until everyone is there, so we can watch unnoticed. Come, let's circle the block.”

They pulled away again, leaving a small cloud of dust and exhaust fumes behind them. Celestia began to drive casually through the town, seeming cold and distant. Luna felt urgent to break the silence.

“So, my sister. What has happened in your life since my absence? Anything exciting?” Luna asked, tentatively, hoping for a topic they could discuss, anything to break the awkward silence that enveloped them both.

Celestia simply shook her head in silence.

“Okay then,” she paused. “Nothing at all, really?”

“No. I am afraid not, Luna.”

Luna paused, waiting for her sister to elaborate. To elaborate on anything, whether winter had wrapped up okay, if the Crystal Empire was fine, but she remained silent. She knew it would be a bad idea to press her sister for any further discussion. Luna looked back at her reflection in the broken mirror and sighed heavily.

“Luna, my sweet sister. I'm-” Celestia paused, “I'm sorry about having to send you to the moon. It was an unforeseen event that occurred, and I acted irrationally.”

“No, my sister, it's fine really, I-”

Celestia interrupted her, “No, it is not fine, Luna. I banished my own sister to the moon, based on the accusations of simple pony folk. Pony folk who made demands of their princess. I should have taken the time to consider what to do, instead of acting impulsively as I did. I hope you can forgive me, my sweet sister,” she finished, her voice catching as she fought back tears.

Luna felt tears welling up in her eyes as she listened to her sister talk. She had never seen Celestia appear so repentant before now, never heard her sound so ashamed of things she had done. Things that needed doing, that were the right decision to make, regardless of how difficult they were.

Luna coughed, clearing her throat and tried to speak clearly, her voice wavering as she spoke.

“Celestia, it is fine, but I do not forgive you, as you did what you had to do. Had you not punished me so explicitly, you may well have lost the respect you have earnt over your lifetime as ruler of Equestria. I deserved the punishment you gave me, so you have nothing to be forgiven for.”

Celestia smiled weakly, tears running down her cheeks. “Thank you Luna, you still give me respect where many do not.”

Luna smiled in return, placing her hoof upon her sisters as she changed gear. Celestia looked down at her sisters hoof resting upon hers and smiled.

Luna had felt confused by her sisters comments, but knew not to press her for clarification, least not yet. She knew that when Celestia grew upset, she could never get a clear answer from her. No pony could. Luna was just happy knowing her sister still cared deeply for her.

The car rolled to a stop outside the Town Hall once again.

“It looks like everyone is here. Come, let's see what the big deal is about.” Celestia said, climbing out of the car.

“Wait Celestia, I think you need these!” Luna called, levitating a pair of sunglasses out of the cars glove box and onto her sisters face.

Celestia looked through them with confusion, before peering over the top of the glasses at her sister. “So they don't recognize me?” she joked.

Luna rolled her eyes and grinned, “That, and that they'll help cover up your eyes. They're a bit red and swollen.”

Celestia nodded and gave a forced smile. “Thank you Luna. Come, let's see what is happening.”


The hall was packed with the residents of Ponyville, all of them clamouring and shouting for their voices to be heard, angry expressions on their faces while many pegasus ponies were flying in the air, trying to get a better view of the stage. On the stage itself sat Trixe, surrounded by Royal Guards, watching the crowd tentatively, some of them forcibly repelling ponies who tried to climb on stage.

On the other side of the stage sat a familiar, pink pony, beaming widely.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie demands silence!” Trixie yelled, amid the clamouring cries of the Ponyville residents. Their voices grew silent as they scowled at Trixie. “That's more like it! Now, I'm here today because SOME PONY insists we debate this new situation. So, Miss Pie. Let's get this over with, shall we?”

Pinkie looked at Trixie disappointedly, before turning to the audience, her usual happy grin infectiously radiating into the crowd. In an instant the towns folk had a semblance of happiness and relief.

“Hello my fellow ponies! I'm here today to tell you that this is a foolish rule,as we all know! She can't force us to sell our houses if we stick together! We can beat her, so long as we keep our town spirit strong!” Pinkie cheered, rallying the crowd into a cacophony of cheers and celebrations.


Trixie simply sat smirking at the townsfolk happiness, before finally growing tired of their shouts. “Silence!” she shouted, before casting a spell creating a large flash of light, shocking the crowd into complying, “That's better. Now, you can do as miss Pinkie asks all you like, but one way or another, I'm building this freeway. I already have several key houses owned and ready to be demolished. So you can either sell me your houses now and go live somewhere else, or you can live underneath a freeway. Your call, Ponyville.”

The crowd began to stir and murmur uncertainly.

“Don't listen to her! We can protest this, and she can't build over our own homes! That's not right!” Pinkie replied.

“Oh, but it is, and I will. Ever heard of a town called Appleloosa? Nothing more than the start of the freeway. My plan worked there, and it’ll work here. Trust me.”

There was a stunned silence, Pinkie looked at the crowd tentatively, hoping for them to rally around.

“How much will you give me for my house?” Lyra Heartstrings called out, fighting her way to the front row.

“Lyra! I can't believe you'd sell your house to this bully!” Another voice called out from further back in the crowd, as the pony fought their way to the front.

“I'm sorry Bon Bon, I've got to! I can't live with all this stress, and I can't play my music with the noise of a freeway!”

Bon Bon grimaced and then made her way up to the front. “I'd like to sell my house too,” she said, before turning to Lyra, “Where ever you go, I'll go Lyra. You know I'll support you.”

Trixie barely acknowledged their presence. “Eh, the same price as everyone else. One thousand bits. Take it or leave it.”

The two ponies looked at each other, sharing a brief smile. “Okay.” they said in unison.

Trixie magically levitated a contract in front of their faces, which the pair promptly signed. She then placed a bag of bits onto their backs, and reclined back into her chair. “Any pony else?” she smugly announced.

The crowd began to clamour louder and louder as several more ponies approached to sell their homes and businesses.

Pinkie grew dismayed, “Come on you ponies! We can't give in, we've got to stick together! I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel, we can win this! We need to stick together! Has anyone else seen it?” She cried out desperately, going unnoticed by the rapidly forming queue of ponies, willing to sell up all they once held dear, their homes and memories. Pinkie hung her head dejectedly, her familiar pink mane flopping into a straight style.

“Celestia, are we not going to do anything about this?” Luna asked her sister, only to see she was leaving. “Celestia! Where are you going?”

“Luna, it's over. The townsfolk have made their own decision, and that's up to them. I can't force them to change their minds, any more than Trixie can force them to sell.”

Luna looked around at the ponies leaving solemnly, bits jingling in their saddlebags, their spirits broken. She saw Pinkie start to weep as she left the stage. Luna quickly cast the best spell she could muster, a bright glow of blue light, radiating over the entire crowd. They all gasped, turning to see what was the source of such magic.

“I have seen the light, Pinkie Pie! I will stand by your side!” Luna shouted, in her best, Royal Canterlot voice, “I am not afraid to stand up to this Trixie!”

Pinkie Pie looked at the blue alicorn stood in the back, the crowd stepping backwards, awed by her presence, fearful of seeing her once again. Pinkie Pie beamed happily however, her mane springing back to life. She ran up to her and threw her hooves around her in an embrace.

“Thank you, Princess Luna!”

“You are welcome, Pinkie Pie. I will never let our subjects suffer without support and guidance.”

Trixie simply scoffed at the situation, “Well, if you've both seen the light, why don't you walk right into it! Now stop interfering with my business plans, or I'll have both of you escorted from the premises!”

Luna scowled back at Trixie. “You will not get away with this. Guards, arrest that pony, on account of conspiring against The Princess of the Night!” Luna shouted, extending her hoof towards Trixie. The guards shared a knowing look with each other, before laughing.

Trixie burst out laughing along with them. “Arrest me? Oh that's rich! Didn't you hear about what happened while you were gone? The Royal Guard are now owned by me. I'm in charge of them now, they do what I say!”

Luna turned to her sister, her face aghast. “Is this true Celestia? The Royal Guard are no longer led by you?”

Celestia hung her head and spoke, “It is true Luna. Trixie is now in charge of them, and they do her bidding.”

“But why! What possessed you to give her control over them!?”

“It was a complicated time my sister, I will explain in due time. Come, let's leave.”

“Celestia? Princess Celestia?” Trixie question, bemused, “Well, well well. I've not seen you in a long while. No pony has. Come to see how the world now runs without your leadership?” Trixie gloated.

Celestia turned around to face Trixie, only to be greeted by stunned, distrusting faces. Celestia quickly spun back around and rapidly left the building. Luna quickly ran after her.

“Sister, wait!”

“Hey, wait for me too!” Pinkie cried, pronking after the two princesses.

Trixie stood up angrily. “Guards, arrest those princesses for conspiring against The Great and Powerful Trixie!” The guards nodded and ran out after them, shoving the ponies out of their way.

Author's Note:

New chapter, hope it has enough exposition!

Also, anyword confused by the word "Pronking" should watch this. It's a term to describe that particular brand of movement Pinkie Pie has, which I love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5IJBbA6UkA

The Pinkie Pie Pronk.

Comments ( 1 )

Oh great, I bet those guards have got SCMODS.

Login or register to comment