• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 1,490 Views, 33 Comments

Project Eden: Evolution is Magic - Feral Pony



Apophis was Just minutes away from inpact on earth. I was handpicked by the goverment to be a part of Project Eden where I would be put in stasis with 11 other people for an unkown amount of time. (Not post-apocalypse story)

  • ...
3
 33
 1,490

Chapter 5 Plans... again

Chapter 5

Water was running on my face and I felt really cold. I grunted at being awakened but opened my eyes and noticed water was falling from the sky. While making an exhausted sigh I raised myself to my full length and grabbed my bag lying next to me. I opened it and took an apple and attacked it with my mouth. I was rewarded by getting a sweet, juicy apple taste. Sighing again after finishing it I grabbed a banana and ate that too. After finishing my breakfast I packed up my bag and began taking in my surroundings.

I was in a forest so I had something I could work with. I grabbed some of the biggest leafs I could find and found some sticks I could use to keep it up. I needed shelter from this rain and a place I could come back to if needed. Making my small camp went considerably fast, I had been lucky enough to find some flint so I could make a fire to keep me warm. The nanotrite tech in my body was supposed to keep me warm when I was cold, but I guess it was malfunctioning so I would have to look into it later when I was back in one of the Arks. Opening my bag and taking out some of the titanium plates I had taken with me I began thinking through what I should do with them. It was a very small amount and had been heavy to take with me but I figured I could at least be able to make a shield should I put the time and effort into it.

Making armor would have to wait, the rain had stopped and I was dry so I could get to work on other things, such as finding one of the Arks, or more specifically my Ark. There was information there I needed that would give me the location of the other Arks and most importantly the Super Ark.
Glancing up to the sky I could see a mountain, and on the edge there was a… CITY?! The way it was hanging off the hillside defied all laws of physics and should be crumbling under its own weight, but no I had to end up in some weird future where flying horses was the future of evolution and Cities were from something of a fantasy show. What next a city made of clouds like the old Greek’s gods lived in? Yeah right.

Looking away from the mountain and ignoring the city I found the sun high in the sky, and was still rising. I hoped the planets location was still the same because the sun would be east at this moment so now I had some idea of orientation. So the City is to the north and more forest to the south, at least from my location. Making my way towards the mountain I figure I would go around it in search for my Ark, and hope it is the same mountain I entered way back when I entered stasis.

Not after a seven steps began my right leg hurting like crazy. It was probably damaged from my fall when I made my graceful exit out of the castle, not to mention all the running. I was probably high on adrenalin at the time to notice any damage. I need to rest and heal up, but I wanted to find my Ark and start my journey before some Ponies decide to begin a search. I Figured I was far from done with those ponies. My body won the battle it was having with my enthusiastic brain, so I collapsed in my safe spot underneath the leaf roof.

Twilight`s POV

“WHAT!”

“I understand the burden of this task, but I would not ask of you to do it if I did not think you and your friends would succeed”

“Bu… But Celestia, wouldn`t this be a task better suited for one of your guards? I mean I got to learn how to be a Princess and my friends have their own life and family they have to look after and… and”

“Like I said earlier Twilight I know what it is I ask of you, but I trust you and your friends will have the best chance of befriending this creature and bring it back safely, you have every right to decline the mission as I won`t force this upon you but please, as a favor to me do this task. “

Silence embraced the room as I was deep in thought on how to proceed. I wanted to accept, to make Celestia proud and think I could take responsibility, on the other hoof though, what would the people of Equestria think of a princess taking on a mission like this personally. What if my friends did not want to come along and I would have to take on this journey all by myself? Or what if I failed to track the creature and then fail my mission Celestia had given me and deemed me unworthy of a princess? Or what if…

“Twilight relax, like I said you can decline”

Celestia must have noticed I was stressed, it felt like I had been on full sprint through Running of the leaves competition. I exhaled and tried my best to relax. Through a bit of hard decision making and some happy thoughts of my friends I without regret said to Celestia.

“I accept, but do you have any leads or somewhere where I can start?”

“The creature was last seen exiting the Crystal caves and went missing in the Northern parts of the Everfree forest. I have deployed search parties but have had very little luck in finding any more than that. However if I were you twilight I would first break this to my friends before starting anything.”

Biting my lower lip of the thought of breaking this task to my friends, but they would not let me down, they never did.

“Thank you Celestia, I will be leaving to Ponyville in a few hours.”

“I should be the one thanking you Twilight for taking on this task. Especially considering we are dealing with something we have no knowledge about.”

The encouraging smile Celestia have me filled my heart with joy, also with fear of the thought of failing the mission. I returned the smile and left my room to get some food, after that I would be leaving to see my friends.

Raine`s POV

Opening my eyes I was presented with a very faint glow in front of me. My fire had been running out while I had been sleeping. Standing up and being rewarded with some satisfying pops in my back I took the time to scan the area around me. It was dark, no doubt night so not really much I could get an eye on. Taking a careful step forward with my right leg I felt it was stiff but much better than earlier. The nanotrites had no doubt helped speed up the healing process, so I began moving around trying to find some sticks and wood I could use to keep the faint fire I had going.

After some searching the fire was going again, and I could see somewhat better around me. My throat felt really dry though. Then it hit me I had not been drinking in the past couple of days, probably the little amount of water in the apples that had kept me going. Having a hard time swallowing was uncomfortable but I would not risk getting lost in the woods at night. Who knew what Evolution could have done with the animals.

On the topic of Evolution I heard a faint “Rawr” not long ways from my camp. I wanted to swallow my nervousness, but it was hard while being thirsty, interestingly enough. Sitting patiently by my fire waiting for it to become day, I heard the “Rawr” again, only closer. I stood up preparing for whatever was coming my way. But nothing could have prepared me for what jumped out of the bushes behind me…

Author's Note:

This story will be going on Hiatus. I don`t want to do 2 stories at one and I really want to start another story where I feel I will have a bit more freedom. I have not started to write it yet but I have a pretty good ide of how I want it to be. That is all. Enjoy this cliffhanger for an unknown amount of time. Season 4 started yay!

LACKING TITLE! OMFG -.- thats how well this one was planned.

Comments ( 1 )

were you twilight I

needs a capital,

Title: Plans part 1
or something to that extent :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment