• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 1,490 Views, 33 Comments

Project Eden: Evolution is Magic - Feral Pony



Apophis was Just minutes away from inpact on earth. I was handpicked by the goverment to be a part of Project Eden where I would be put in stasis with 11 other people for an unkown amount of time. (Not post-apocalypse story)

  • ...
3
 33
 1,490

Chapter 4 Escape (part 1)

Chapter 4

I awoke by the sound of metal being moved around. I quickly got up to my feet and found the darkest corner in the shed. The door opened and allowed moonlight to brighten up the room slightly. A silhouette of a horse… Actually calling this new species horses is giving the too much credit, Ponies sounds more appropriate given their size. Anyway back on track, a silhouette of a pony entered the small shed I had decided to hide in for the night. The pony had something that resembled a tool belt equipped. I could not figure out what kind of equipment was on the belt but I knew it was what was making the metal noises. The Pony just stopped in the middle of the shed just about 3 feet away from where I was hiding. I was holding my breath praying to whatever deity was around that this small ass pony would not be able to see me, I had come too far to be detected by some gardener.

Standing there for what felt like hours just watching the pony standing there in the middle of the room was rather nerve-wracking if I have to say so myself, but all nervousness slipped away when I heard some snoring coming from the pony.
“Holy shit, that was tense” I managed to whisper while exhaling. As I headed for the door that leads outside into the cold night, the tool belt around the pony caught my eye one more time. A belt like that could come in real handy. I tip-toed over to the pony preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. The darkness of the night made it hard to find any release mechanism on the belt so I figured I would just have to feel my way around until I find something. It was rather awkward for me standing there, feeling up a pony like that, I swear I could hear a moan here and there, and then I mean the bedroom moans. I resisted the urge to stop touching but I wanted that belt so bad! After some finger examining going and a lot of uncomfortable noises I found the release mechanism and released the belt. The pony surprisingly did not wake up from all the touching, but I suppose it was more of a pleasant experience for the pony than a bad one.

The belt fit around my waist very nicely, and I could finally figure out what kind of tools was on the belt. A hammer… with a handle made for hands. The face palm that came afterwards was so loud made a few birds flying away into the beautiful night sky. Unfortunately that drew a bit of unwanted attention to me as I heard a few clippity clop`s heading my way. So gathered up my sack of supplies and moved as fast as I could on the moist grass over to the huge wall and got over to the conveniently placed staircases leading up to the top of the wall.

“It`s not so easy being human… and alone” I muttered as I walked up the stairs. I had no idea why I felt the need to talk to myself, but it felt good. When I reached the top I almost got numb by the sight that hit me. The view was beautiful, even though it was nighttime I could see the mountains stretching as far as the eye could see, green lush forests and beautiful fields of grass. A small town made an orange circle that stood out of the fields, but not in a bad way. The moon emitted enough light for me to see snow on the top of the mountains in the distance. Did I forget to mention the sight was beautiful? I gawked at the sight some more, taking in as much as I could.

I woke up from my trance by some metal like sounds making their way towards me. I had wasted precious time by staring at the landscape so I needed to think quickly, how to get off this wall, and out of the city. Unfortunately all time I had was used up and I was looking at a pony guard looking at me with a flying torch by his side. The flying torch made it`s way over to and… FLYING TORCH!? How the hell was a torch flying. The torch had a handle and everything but nothing was holding it. I swear if my head could have exploded from how mindblown I was it would have been a fucking nuclear explosion.

The guard was approaching me with wary movements in an attempt not to aggravate me I suppose, but I was too focused on that flying fucking torch to notice! However I snapped out of my second trance for the night by the guard being only a few feet away from me. I had not noticed but this pony`s horn seemed to glow with a light blue aura. The guard had a white coat and golden armor and light blue eyes. The pony narrowed its eyes at me and suddenly began yelling out something I obviously could not understand. Whatever he shouted out made me go into full panic. I probably broke the world record on fastest sprinter when I began running away from this dumbass pony. God, why could life not be easy on me for once.

It did not take long before I saw blots of light shoot past by me. It was maybe fifty or so of the bolts firing away. I felt like I was in one of the bad movies where the hero never gets shot by anyone but the ultimate bad guy and the hero never runs out of ammo when he goes on a killing spree. Anyway I was running along the wall with these shout ponies behind me shooting bolts of light (which I had no Idea what it was) and was just praying again to whatever deity that I would get out of this in one piece. Whatever Deity that had listened was kind today and gave me some stairs that lead downward and into cover from the bolts whizzing by me. The stair led down, and down, and some more down, and suddenly rock bottom. No, literally rock bottom or crystal bottom would be more precise. I was in a cave surrounded by black crystal`s. I had never seen s mineral like this crystal before. But that could just be me and my complete uninterest in minerals and rocks and such. But the screaming guard`s ponies reminded me that I was being chased, so I ventured deeper into the dark crystal caves.

Author's Note:

I am so, so sorry for this chapter being so short after all the waiting. I have just had a shitty month so far. Far too many tests and alot of reading. I have simply not had the time to write more. I have chaged my writing style from 3rd person to 1st person. It feels alot more natural for me to write in this manner and I hope you guys won`t mind.. Again sorry for the shortness of the chapter, but I would rather give you guys something than nothing at all.

Feedback Is appricated like always and you guys be a bit patient on the next chapter. I still have some tests I gotta go through.
*sigh* Back to reading history.

Forgive me plz =(