• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 1,490 Views, 33 Comments

Project Eden: Evolution is Magic - Feral Pony



Apophis was Just minutes away from inpact on earth. I was handpicked by the goverment to be a part of Project Eden where I would be put in stasis with 11 other people for an unkown amount of time. (Not post-apocalypse story)

  • ...
3
 33
 1,490

Chapter 1: Handpicked and later Found (revised)

Chapter 1

The world was in anarchy, Every human being was in panic or depression as they knew what was coming. It had been long coming, but the time had come, the date everyone feared the most. April 2036 was when Apophis was estimated to hit earth. The explosion that would come from the hit would be devastating, leaving nothing behind except a dust cloud, making life impossible.

Humans are a stubborn species and refused to die by some huge rock. Scientist`s across the whole world had come together to make The Ark Program. Handpicked individuals, all from survival experts to scientist`s and soldiers were picked as candidates for the program, whether they liked it or not.
The program was made a secret to not give false hopes for the rest of humanity as it would be impossible to save every human. The Ark Program was by no means a solid program, it was merely an experiment. There was no telling when the humans would wake up if at all from their
cryo-stasis, as it was still experimental technology. What the scientists did was that they put some arks to be activated hundred years after earth`s destruction some had the number thousand put on it, and some others would have to be activated manually.
This would ensure that there would always be some humans at all times no matter how long earth had been destroyed.
Two days before Apophis hit earth, Lieutenant Nicholas Raine got picked up by a shady individual who told Nicholas he was from the government and that his country needed Nicholas.
Nicholas naturally found this weird as stuff like this only happened in movies, but out of sense of duty and thinking this had something to do with Apophis he followed.
Scientists informed Raine of what was going to happen and of the Ark program. Raine was to undergo a serious amount of surgery and was going to be filled with experimental technology to be ready for literally anything the future may hold for him.

After countless surgeries Nicholas found himself to be much stronger and more precise from all the small computers inside his body working its magic.

Apophis was going to hit earth in a few hours so Raine and a lot of scientist`s by the looks of it got ready to undergo the final steps in the Ark program. He was given an Ark suite and was stripped of all belongings. This saddened Raine as he realized what he was leaving behind. The round room Nicholas and some scientists were placed in had pods around it and a computer in the middle, which Nicholas assumed would be the thing waking him up at some point in the future. Raine stepped to his pod and was ordered by what he assumed was a pre-recorded message telling him to stretch his right arm out so the automated machine could inject yet more experimental technology into his body. This technology were called Nanotrites and they apparently had countless purposes to them, too many for him to begin counting.
The last thoughts Raine had as he went into deep cryo-sleep was of his lost brother who was killed in action.


Day court went on like usual. The Canterlot snobs would as usual come in with their petty cases and small arguments to court. It has been and always will be a painful curse that follows of being a ruler like Princess Celestia. But it was slightly more bearable with Twilight on her side to accompany her.

“Celestia, why is it that you have not made a court for petty cases like this?” Twilight whispered to her mentor.

Celestia made a small smile and whispered back “I have Twilight, but some of these ponies are honestly not the sharpest tools in the shed.” Twilight giggles in response but quickly put on her serious face that she used under serious times such as this very serious court on this very serious day. The snobs, when finally done explaining their disagreement on who should pay the 300 bits for the repairs on some house in Canterlot got a verdict from Celestia. She told them to pay half each and solve the case between themselves like the adults they are. Twilight scribbled down this furiously so that she could hopefully learn from this herself as she recently ascended.

“Twilight, maybe you should take the rest of the day off and spend some time with your friends. You don`t need to spend so much time with an old mare like myself” Celestia said with a small grin as she knew what she said would make Twilight begin her small speech where the topic would be that being old is not a bad thing. As predicted Twilight began “ C-Celestia y-your not old, or you are, but not in a bad way. A-And you being old means you are wise and smart and…”

Celestia let poor Twilight continue with her little speech, but she never got to finish as a guard took both princesses by surprise when he slammed the doors open with a hint of fear in his eyes.

”Princess Celestia, Princess Twilight Sparkle, I do not mean to interrupt anything important but there has been a discovery made by your sister Princess.” He said his eyes directed at Celestia.

“What is it she has discovered?” Twilight asked with curiosity in her voice.

“She has found some big metal chunk, but it is hollow on the inside” The guards pony answered.

“Why would this be worth interruption day court for, you are clearly able to investigate this yourselves, especially with my sister`s help.” Celestia said with calm.

“Well your majesty there was also life detected inside of it, not the small worms and insect`s but one giant life form.”

This sparked interest for Celestia. “Very well. Where would I find my sister at this moment?”

“underneath Canterlot your highness by the base of the mountain.”

“Thank you, tell everypony that daycourt is cancelled for the rest of the day, after that you may dismiss yourself.”

“Yes your highness.”
The guard exited the hall and left Twilight and Celestia all by themselves. Celestia Raised from her cushion and looked at Twilight and said with a friendly smile “Let`s just teleport down there together”
Twilight nodded in approval to this suggestion and stood up from her own cushion. Celestia took one last sip from her glass of water and then lighted up her horn and teleported the two to the base of the mountain directly underneath Canterlot.


Luna examined the huge piece of metal in front of her with great interest. She noticed small outlines that only was to be found at one spot, the rest was completely clean of any details whatsoever besides from the dirt covering it. It had taken a great deal of unicorn magic to pull this piece of metal out of the ground, but they eventually got it. Luna was about the grab the area with the outlines with her magic to investigate further, but was stopped as her sister`s appearance surprised her.

“Dearest sister” Luna exclaimed with a smile.

“Luna” Celestia answered with a smile aswell.

“What does thou think this might be sister?” Luna said with her head tilting slightly to the right.
“Your guess is as good as mine” Celestia said.
“Have you tried opening it to see what that could possibly be living inside such a thing?” Twilight asked.
“We… I was just about to try and investigate these outline, but tho… your appearance stopped me” Luna said, with a little annoyance mostly from her own habit of talking old equestrian in front of others.
“Well, we are not stopping you” Celestia said with a sly smile.

Luna returned the smile and began working her spell once again on the outline of the hollow piece of metal.
After much pulling and abrasion Luna got the outlined piece off the rest of the. What was inside was not surprisingly… more metal. What that did surprise the ponies however, was that there were some sort of glass cocoons that surrounded the room. Celestia was the first to enter the room. Once she put her first hoof inside the room brightened up with lights. She got a clear view of the room, in the middle was some sort of alien looking digits and a black mirror with hoses attached to it. Whatever this contraption was it was not something she could use. Once the focus was off the wired looking device in the middle she took a closer look at the glass cocoons. What she mostly saw disgusted her. She saw dead creatures trapped in these cocoons. The corpses were rotten, to say the least it did not help on her stomach. There were 12 of these glassy cocoons however, what caught her eye was the last cocoon in the room. The creature inside had color to it and looked like it could still be alive, but in some deep sleep. Luna and Twilight had entered, as well as some scientist ponies.

They all examined the room and the cocoons, but as time went on everypony had their focus on this one last cocoon with the creature looking very much alive. One could hear a needle hit the floor had one been dropped. The only thing breaking the silence was Celestia saying to the scientists.
“see if you can break this cocoon out of its place without damaging the pod itself, I want it in the castle for further study, and possibly release”

Author's Note:

Feedback would be greatly appriciated!