• Published 25th Oct 2013
  • 262 Views, 12 Comments

Love is in Blossom - sharkray24



Hello, I'm Lavender Love, and I don't live a "normal" life in Ponyville with my nine year old sister. But who would've thought, a cold, a pink earth pony and all her friends showing up at my door one day could take my crazy w

  • ...
5
 12
 262

The Disaster Zone

My sister, Fluttershy had diagnosed, had a cold. Which was not surprising considering how cold it was outside. Luckily Fluttershy knew an herbal remedy that a Zebra named Zecora had given her. But it wouldn't take affect until the next day. Yet how was I supposed to know what would happen between then and now.

I was sleeping next to my sister that night, making sure she was alright. I often checked her forehead for her temperature. The medicine had a very potent effect of putting the pony taking it to sleep.

It happened suddenly.

There was a loud rumbling, which turned into a growling, then a roaring. The earth itself started letting out horrific noises. Then came the shaking, it shook so hard, and so violently, that it seemed it would never stop. Was this an earthquake? It had to be.

I stood up after falling once or twice, and used my magic to pick up my sister and put her on my back. I stumbled out of her room and into the kitchen. I was halfway through the kitchen when one of the cupboard doors flung off its rope hinges and hit me in the side of my head. There was a ringing in my ears for a few seconds before I remembered where I was. I continued walking and I swung open the front door. But just as I took the first step out of my unstable dirt home, snow fell off the roof and buried me. I was about to pull out using my still free hind legs, when the doorway collapsed on my back half.

My first thought was to protect my sister. I struggled and squirmed to get her into the pocket of air beneath me. Buried, half by snow, and half by dirt, I stood there, bearing all that weight. I felt like Atlas, the giant Titan Pony who had to hold the Sky on his saddle. I stood there for who knows how long. My back felt like it would give in at any second, I had given up screaming for help hours ago, after my throat had gone dry. I almost fell asleep a couple of times, and I was starting to feel the effects of not having eaten at all that day. My hope was dwindling and I knew all I had left to live for was, my sister.

I was dozing off for the third time when suddenly there was a sound above me. It sounded like shovels! "Help!" I managed to shout one last time before it hurt too much to speak.

"Hey!" came a muffled voice, "There's somepony down there! Quick grab the shovels!"

I heard the sound of shovels above me, then I saw a light from the heavens raining down upon me. All I remember now was being lifted into that light.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment