• Published 14th Oct 2013
  • 590 Views, 10 Comments

My Little Pony: Shippuden - almightybooda



Cranky the Umakage has been kidnapped by the Akatusuki. Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash team up with Granny Smith to rescue him.

  • ...
7
 10
 590

Rarity's Art

“We’ll break in with a buttonhook entry.” Twilight said, gripping the seal. Rainbow Dash and Granny Smith crouched down on opposite sides of the boulder. Applejack stood in front, charging her hooves with chakra. Everypony nodded, and Twilight tore the seal off.

Applejack struck out with her right hoof. The chakra infused hoof connected with boulder, turning it to rubble with ease. Before the dust settled, the team moved in, each hugging the wall. For a second, the cave was shrouded in darkness, but eventually their eyes adjusted. The darkness fell away to reveal two figures.

The cave was fairly unremarkable; it was little more than a big hole carved into the side of the rock face. The two figures inside the cave, however, were anything but unremarkable.

The first was a young white unicorn filly. Her mane was a swirl of pink and purple that was obviously well taken care of. It was groomed to cover some kind of device where her left eye should be. She wore a Rock village headband that was scratched through, marking her as an outcast. On her right foreleg she wore an anklet which bore 青on its green gem, and a giant animated clay phoenix was standing beside her.

The second one was even more bizarre. A green, eight legged dragon was standing next to the white unicorn. Her neck and head were covered in gems, and her front right leg was made of metal with cylinders protruding everywhere. The two horns on her head were two different colors, and her eyes seemed to be fixed in place staring in opposite directions.

“Rarity …” Granny whispered.

They were both wearing black cloaks with red clouds emblazoned on them, marking them as part of Akatsuki. The dragon hadn’t moved since the entrance exploded, but the unicorn brightened up the second the group showed up- though she still moved with a lethargic air. When she turned to face the intruders, Applejack did a double take. Did she have mouths on her hooves?

The unicorn spoke up. “Well then, which one of you is the ‘Jinchuuriki’ I wonder?” She had a silvery voice; if slightly on the shrill side.

Rarity started to reply, her voice gruff and gritty, “Spitfire said it would be the one that barges in and starts running her-“

Rainbow Dash lost it. “You bastards! I’ll tear you to pieces!”

“That one.”

“Seems like it hm,” the unicorn said, nodding.

Rainbow finally noticed that the white unicorn was sitting on something- or rather, someone.

“Cranky, what the hay are you doing sleeping at a time like this! Get up!”

No answer.

“Hey! Are you even listening to me?!”

“Dashie, stop …” Twilight looked sympathetically towards her.

The white unicorn chuckled. “Don’t you get it? He’s … well, dead.

The air about Rainbow changed, as if a static charge was building around her. Her normally violet eyes became prismatic, resembling a color wheel, and her iris became slitted. She clenched her now fanged teeth together so hard it was a miracle one didn’t break.

Give him back …” she said just over a whisper, shaking with barely controlled anger.

“Hm?”

Give Cranky back you bastards!!!” With one powerful flap of her wings, Rainbow Dash charged straight for the Akatsuki, but a purple blur cut her off before she made it more than a few steps.

Twilight glanced over her shoulder with her one uncovered eye. “Calm down. If you run in without thinking, you’ll be killed.” Rainbow glared back, but she stayed put, her rage subsiding for the moment.

The unicorn turned to Rarity, ignoring Rainbow’s outburst. “Master, don’t be mad, but I’ll handle the Jinchuuriki. “

“Everypony was to only capture one beast. Don’t push it, Sweetie Belle.”

“If an artist doesn’t strive for inspiration, her artistic perception is dulled,” and after a pause, “master. The Niji Jinchuuriki is supposed to be considerably strong … hm.”

Rarity turned to face Sweetie, a touch of irritation entering her voice. “You call those horrid explosions fine art? Fine art is something that is left long into the future – eternal fabulosity. Not fireworks,” the last word dripping with disdain.

Sweetie Belle tittered and shook her head. “I respect you master, but fine art is the beauty of that fleeting moment of explosion.” By her tone, it was obvious they’ve had this conversation several times before.

Rainbow Dash was staring daggers at the two, but they ignored her and continued to argue. She finally had enough, and pushed past Twilight. “Stop bucking with us!” She pulled out a scroll from her saddle bags and unfurled it, and a giant shuriken was summoned in a cloud of smoke. Rainbow grabbed it out of the air with her mouth. Without hesitation, Rainbow flapped up into the air and summersaulted. When her head came around, she let the shuriken fly. The ninja tool sliced through the air, aimed directly at Rarity’s neck. Rarity’s tail casually flicked out and deflected it with her tail.

Rarity didn’t even pay attention and continued talking to Sweetie Belle, “You little imbecile, are you trying to piss me off?”

“I guess I was right when I said I’d make you angry then mm?” she said sticking her tongue out.

“She didn’t even glance … and deflected it …” Applejack murmured, awestruck.

Granny Smith just watched with a calculating gaze. “She still handles her mannequins like she did long ago …”

“My art is explosions,” said Sweetie Belle, finally getting up off Cranky and stretching. As she did, the clay phoenix picked up the body in its beak. “It’s completely different from your dull puppet show!

Rarity didn’t react emotionally, but her tail lashed out at Sweetie Belle. She sidestepped and hopped up onto her phoenix, who promptly took off.

“Ha, you’re getting slow! See you later, master.”

The phoenix swallowed Cranky and glided over everypony and out of the cave, and Rainbow Dash chased after it. “Wait the hell up!”

“That’s it, follow me!” taunted Sweetie.

“She never stops does she?” Twilight muttered, chasing after Rainbow. “RD and I will handle Sweetie Belle. Granny and AJ, take care of this one. But until Team Mac gets back … well, just don’t overdo it.”

“You got it sugar cube,” said AJ, tipping her hat in acknowledgement.

Granny said nothing, but looked at Twilight and nodded. Twilight, satisfied with her answer, galloped after Rainbow.

Luckily, Sweetie Belle had decided to hover just outside the cave, and Twilight caught up to Rainbow easily. Sweetie was much more agile on her phoenix than Rainbow, who had given up trying to reach her and settled with glaring up at her. Twilight pressed the communicator on her neck. “Big Mac, do you copy? We need you, can you get back soon?”

Big Mac, panting hard, responded. “Nnope, the seals had some kind of trap on them. I reckon’ we won’t be there for a while.”

Twilight sighed, reaching up to her headband “I really didn’t want to resort to this.” She lifted the headband off her left eye, revealing a glowing green sclera with a crimson pupil, “But I can’t afford to hold back.”



Rarity finally moved, training one of her eyes onto Applejack. The gaze – albeit ridiculous – paralyzed her.
I can tell just from facin’ her; the difference in skill and, she gulped nervously, how many ponies she’s killed.

Her thoughts were broken when Granny Smith stepped in front of her.

“Don’t be afraid, Applejack, I’ll handle this. Just stay behind me.”

Granny reached into her saddlebag and pulled out a cord strung through several dozen kunai. Instead of moving like they should, all the kunai floated in front of her. She flipped her ears towards Rarity, and the kunai launched in unison. Rarity brought her tail up to guard, and the hail of kunai clinked uselessly off her gems. The few that she didn’t block ripped into her cloak, just to bounce harmlessly off her. The cloak didn’t fare as well as she did, however, and the tattered remains fell off Rarity’s body.

“Wha– What in Celestia’s name is that!?” gasped Applejack, appalled.

What was below the cloak could hardly be considered a dragon. Not just her head, but her entire body was covered in gems of various size and color. The tail wasn’t connected to the body- it seemed to be coming from inside, and the tiny wings that rested on her back looked more for show than anything. What’s more, the shape of the dragon was off. The body was too long and lumpy, and her neck and tail were a different shade of green than the rest of her body.

Rarity let an air of annoyance enter her words. “If you plan to oppose me, I suppose I have no choice. How would you and that little foal like to join my collection Granny? It is not a very … glamorous process, I give you – I’ll have to rip out your entrails and tear off the skin, then drain the blood – but then I treat the body so it will never decay. You would be part of my collection forever!”

“Applejack, that isn’t Rarity’s real body, it’s a mannequin.”

“It’s true. This body went through the same process. I must admit, it is one of my finer creations. With you two, my collection will be exactly 300. I do so love an exact number, don’t you?”

“I can tell it ain’t her real body, but ain’t mannequins controlled by threads from behind? Where’s her real body?”

“Her real body is inside. Mannequineers are not used to direct confrontations, so close combat is their weakness. This mannequin – Crackle – fixes that. It becomes both armor and weapon. That’s why it’s Rarity’s favorite mannequin.”

“So what’s the plan?”

“First off, we have to get Rarity out of Crackle. But we have to be careful for any traps.”

“But you know the traps so we have an advantage, right?” Applejack had a glimmer of hope, but looking at Granny’s grim face snuffed it out.

“That’s why I thought I could handle her myself. But she’s changed it. It’s not the same Crackle I knew long ago.”

“What do you mean?”

“Firstly, she’s added many more gems to the outside, which will make it much harder to break. And that thing where its leg should be– I’ve never seen that before. What’s more, the Crackle I knew was a three pony mannequin: it was much too complicated to be operated by just one pony. Even if she somehow became skilled enough to do three pony’s jobs, the mannequin would have to be reworked. I’m not sure my prior knowledge is going to help.”

Applejack gulped loudly. “So what should we do?”

“We have to destroy Crackle to get to Rarity, but I definitely don’t have the strength to do it, what with this saggy old hip. But you, AJ, you have the super strength needed to crush through those gems.”

Despite her fear, she nodded.

“To get close enough to smash the mannequin, you must avoid every trap.”

“They’re poisonous right?” she asked, clenching her teeth.

“Yes, even a scratch could be fatal. You need to know the ins and outs of her traps and you need to be able to react instantly to her attacks.”

“But … I can’t do either of those …”

“Of course not dearie, you need tons of fighting experience for that.” Granny gave her a toothy grin that seem out of place for their predicament.

“I don’t understand. Then how-“

“What do I look like to you, a helpless old pony?”

“…”

“Don’t answer that.”

Granny Smith undid her hair bun and let her hair down.

“Just leave it to me, her experience is nothing compared to mine. Besides, the first move has already been made.” She said cryptically, winking at AJ.

“If you’re sure … alright, let’s do it!”

“Oh, are you finally ready?” Rarity asked, annoyance seeping into her voice. “It’s terribly rude to keep me waiting like this.”

“Don’t you fret,” said Granny, crouching into an attack stance, “We’ll take care of you quickly.”

Both Granny and Applejack dashed at Crackle. With a mechanical click, Crackle’s mouth opened wide and spat out a flurry of senbon. With an agility that didn’t match her body, Granny evaded the attack. Likewise, Applejack made it through unscathed, cartwheeling through the barrage. The two glanced over at each other to make sure the other was ok. As they did, something metallic flew between them – Crackle’s metal leg.

“Die.”

The cylinders ejected from the metal leg and opened up, releasing thousands of senbon. For a moment, there was nothing but metal. When the attack finished, the ground was littered with impaled senbon, but both Granny Smith and Applejack remained, not even a scratch between them.

“Not even the foal!?” Rarity balked.

Applejack used Rarity’s surprise as an opening and attacked. Rarity stabbed with Crackle’s tail, sending its diamond tip right for Applejack but stopped short just inches from her face. Applejack vaulted off of Crackle’s tail and dropped a flying axe kick right into the center of Crackles’ back. The gems stood no chance and the mannequin crumpled underneath the raw strength of the orange earth pony.

A shadow tumbled out from the crumbling mannequin and slid to a stop several yards behind the remains of Crackle. The shape got up hesitantly with its back to Applejack and Granny Smith. It wore an Akatsuki cloak with the hood up, so it was impossible to see who or what was behind it. It took time to dust itself off before speaking.

“So that’s how you did it … but then how could I expect anything less from the great Granny Smith?” Her voice was no longer gruff, but one of refined grace. “No wonder even the foal was able to dodge my attacks. You made her dodge them.”

Now that she was looking for them, it was obvious. From Granny Smith’s ears, there were very thin, almost invisible chakra strings that were attached to Applejack. But there was one string that was attached elsewhere.

“What’s more, you managed to attach a chakra string to Crackle’s tail. And all without me noticing.” She paused to think, “Aha! You must have done it when you threw all those kunai.”

“It wasn’t easy, but I was able to hide the chakra strings, if only for a while.” Granny responded, with a hint of pride.

“Of course I found out, although I must admit I am disappointed I didn’t figure it out sooner. After all, you were the one who taught me how to use mannequins in the first place, Granny.”

With that, Rarity pulled her hood down and turned to face them. She was a pristine white unicorn with an expertly curled purple mane. She carried herself with a sense of dignity, as if even acknowledging the two ponies facing her was beneath her.

“You still think it’ll be easy Granny?”

Applejack looked to Granny Smith “Is that Rarity?”

Granny looked confused as soon as Rarity had lowered her hood. “Yes, but this … it doesn’t make any sense! It’s as if she hasn’t aged a day in all these years.”

Rarity didn’t explain, simply pulling a scroll from her robes.

“Let me show you a part of my collection that I’ve been saving for a special occasion!” Rarity’s voice broke from its subdued grace to an excited shout as she unfurled the scroll. “It was a real pain gaining this one, but in the end all that work was worth it!”

A silhouette was summoned in a cloud of smoke. When the smoke cleared, Granny blanched at what she saw. “That’s– but– it can’t be!”

Applejack started to get unsettled to see Granny, usually so calm under pressure, on the verge of panic. “What? What is it!?”

A regal unicorn stallion was floating next to Rarity. Its blonde mane and tail were perfectly groomed, and its white coat practically sparkled it was so clean. A black cloak covered its cutie mark, but Granny knew it was a compass rose.

“That’s Prince Blueblood!”

“Prince … Blueblood? As in the strongest Umakage?”

“One and the same. Years ago, Blueblood vanished from the village without a trace. I guess now we know why.”

“You’re a retired old hag with a hoof in the grave. What do you think you can do against the sand village’s greatest legend?” taunted Rarity.

“I may be old, and Blueblood certainly outmatches me. But I have too much to do to die quite yet! To think that my own granddaughter would betray her own village, killing the Third, helping Spike kill the Fourth, and now Cranky…”

“As far as the fourth goes, I didn’t dirty my hands with his blood. One of my agents may have been involved, but Spike had defected by then.”

“Spike? You know about Spike?” inquired Applejack, a steely look of determination settling on her face.

“Bah! You’ll be dead before you can worry about that!” With a flick of her ears, Blueblood rushed Applejack. Acting quickly, Granny yanked on her chakra strings, sending Applejack hurtling back, but the mannequin was too fast. With a metallic click, several blades extended through its right sleeve, dripping with poison. Blueblood slashed out, but instead of metal tearing through flesh, a grating sound of metal on gem filled the cave. Granny had pulled Crackle’s tail to block in the last second. With little effort, Blueblood shredded through it like paper, but it gave her enough time to skirt away.

“Not bad, Granny Smith,” praised Rarity. With a few ear movements, Blueblood raised his left hoof, which flowered open, revealing several summoning tags “let’s see how you do against this!” hundreds of hooves exploded out of the summoning tags at Applejack. The wave of hooves all stomped down at her in unison, making a thunderous boom resound throughout the cavern. But Granny’s expert control saved Applejack again - contorting her into a position that would make a yoga pony jealous.

“Tch, with Granny controlling her like this, we’ll be at it forever…” As Applejack broke free of the tangle of hooves, Rarity released a poison gas from the hundred appendages.

“Applejack hold your breath!” Granny pulled on her strings, but they pulled taunt. “What-“

“Rope bound kunai, she won’t be going anywhere.”

Inside the cloud, Applejack was running out of breath.

I promised Rainbow … next time we’d do it together. I swore that this time I’d look after ‘em both!
She thought back to Rainbow; her cocky smile, so sure she’d be Hokage one day. And Lightning Dust: determination and skill unmatched by anypony. It was a rough start as a team, but in the end they had become close. What she wouldn’t give to go back to those days …

Applejack’s vision was fading. She was either going to breathe in or pass out; either way it spelled her doom.

No! I’m … I’m not dying here!

An explosion cleared the gas and hurled Applejack backwards through the air. Granny Smith jumped up and caught her before she collided with the rock wall.

This mare, she used an exploding kunai to get clear. Hurting herself to escape– what a reckless thing to do!

Applejack slowly rose shakily to her feet, coughing furiously. She stumbled and nearly fell back down, but Granny was there to support her. She steadied herself and scowled at Rarity.

“You …” spat Applejack, and pointing a hoof at Rarity, “You’re mine! Even if I lose my limbs and I’m numb with poison, I’ll beat you half-dead. And then I’m getting everything you know about Spike! You got that?!”

Rarity’s only response was raising her right ear. More hooves popped open and released a hail of kunai. Applejack had only enough time to shield her face with her hooves. Two blurs moved in front of Applejack and the kunai were scattered. Two mannequins stood in front of her - A pink unicorn with the same colored mane as Rarity, and a white earth pony with a moustache and straw hat. Granny had opened two scrolls that were now blank and discarded behind her.

“Oh, you brought those.”

“Yes, the first mannequins you ever made– Mother and Father”

“And what are you planning on doing with those? I made them, remember? I know them inside and out.”

*** *** ***

Rarity as a young filly. Chakra strings sprouted from her ears and connected to her Mother and Father mannequins. With the sound of creaking wood, they stood up.

*** *** ***

Granny said nothing, but gave Rarity a weary look. After a moment, she made a few ear movements and Mother and Father clasped hooves. When they brought their hooves apart, they had wires connecting each other. In a blinding flash, they circled up and around the hundreds of hooves, dicing them as they went, then moved in to attack the mannequin. Blueblood detached the now useless left hoof and flinched back, a buzz saw springing out to replace it. Mother and Father disconnected the wires, and pulled out a katana and bladed whip respectively.

Rarity’s and Granny’s ears - and by extension their mannequins - were a blur, each making dozens of high speed movements in the blink of an eye. Applejack could only stare, dumbstruck. After a few seconds of the intense clash, the mannequins separated. The weapons had all splintered and were falling apart from so many lightning fast strikes.

“Well this isn’t going anywhere is it? I suppose we should get serious!” Blueblood’s head made a sharp turn to the right until it clicked. When it turned forward again, its mouth had opened wide and black sand began to pour out of his mouth and float around him.

Granny cursed. “I thought so. This mannequin can use Blueblood’s jutsu.”

“It’s been a while since you last saw it, hasn’t it? The reason why Blueblood was considered the strongest Umakage. You’ll be dead in 10 seconds flat!”

“What in the name of Celestia…”

“The most feared jutsu from our village – Satetsu. Blueblood developed it watching the last host of Shukaku. His special talent allowed him to create and control magnetic fields. He could shape the iron sand into anything; a weapon for any situation.”

“But how is this possible? Ain’t it just a mannequin? How can a mannequin made from a corpse hold chakra?”

“Because she didn’t make it from a corpse.”

“You’re telling me…” Applejack could finish the sentence, the idea was too horrific.

“Yes, she made Blueblood into a mannequin while he was still alive. That way, his chakra stays in the mannequin, and she can use all the jutsu he was capable of in life.” Granny’s face had lost all the confidence it had when the battle had begun. “Applejack, you need to go. I’ll cover your escape.”

“What!?”

“The moment she took that thing out, we were out of our league! There’s no telling what’ll happen now.”

The iron around Blueblood condensed into hundreds of bullets.

“Too late!”

The bullets fired at Granny and Applejack. Before Applejack could react, Mother tackled her. The bullets hit a moment latter, sending up a massive cloud of dust. Rarity stood still and stared at the cloud, ready for anything. After what felt like an eternity, the dust began to settle, and a silhouette could be seen. Father was seated in front of Granny, with his front hooves extended. The sides of its front legs had hinged outward, forming an X, and expelling chakra into an oval shield, protecting both the mannequin and Granny. Mother and Applejack were off to the side, thrown clear of the attack.

“A shield of chakra … it seems like you’ve been tinkering with these garish things. They’ve gone through quite a bit of an upgrade since I last used them.”

*** *** ***

Filly Rarity looking at a photo of her real parents hugging her. She moves her ears and Mother and Father come up beside her and emulate the gesture.

*** *** ***

The chakra shield dissipated, and Father’s hooves started to hinge shut. About half way closed, the hooves screeched to a halt. Father gave a shudder and collapsed; iron sand seeped from his joints. Granny looked grimly down at the useless mannequin. Just as I thought. The iron sand has clogged his joints.

“WaHAHA! You know very well you don’t block this jutsu, you dodge it. What’s the matter? Are you getting senile? Or did you have your hooves full getting that little mare to safety?”

Applejack was just getting up and looked over at Father, who was in a heap in front of Granny. She tried to get to her feet, but stumbled.

“This time I’m going after both of you, and I’m forming this sand specially for delivering lethal injury.”

Iron sand floated out in tiny rivulets from the holes surrounding Granny Smith. The rivulets came together and formed 2 dozen black spears; half above Granny, the other half above Applejack.

“One mannequin can’t cover you both! What are you going to do? Who’ll be the first to die?!”

The spears targeted the two earth pony’s vitals. The ground cracked from the impact and threw up a massive amount of dust and rock.

Applejack coughed from all the dirt in the air. Mother had her chakra shield opened, and black spears were punctured into the ground around her where the sand had ricocheted. Applejack coughed again and squinted, trying to see over where Granny was. The dust settled to show Granny Smith with her right hoof raised. All 4 sides had hinged outward and extended, forming a chakra shield. The spears had all been deflected and were sprouting out of the ground all around her. Rarity lost her composure for an instant, a look of shock on her face, but just as quickly her face was stoic again.

“My my, it may only be your arm, but turning your body into a mannequin! I guess as a fellow mannequineer we were bound to think alike.”

Granny Smith perked up, and looked Rarity in the eye. A knowing glance passed between them, and Granny’s face seemed to get a bit older. Her hoof telescoped inward, but grinded to a halt after hinging half way back. She looked down at her hoof, but she was staring past it.

“I see, so that’s why…” Granny reached up with her left hoof and twisted until her mannequin arm clicked, and fell to the floor. Next to Applejack, Mother groaned and creaked, then collapsed like Father did.

“With my iron sand in there it’s over. You’re out of mannequins. What will you do now?”

Granny, now standing on only 3 legs, said nothing.

*** *** ***

The mannequins hug Rarity, and she closes her eyes and smiles. A single happy tear rolls down her cheek. She loses concentration, and the chakra strings break from her ears. There’s a clattering sound. Rarity is startled and opens her eyes. The two mannequins have collapsed around her. She stares down at them with a blank face, but her eyes show sorrow.

*** *** ***

“Not even the best mannequineer can do much without a mannequin” Blueblood opened his mouth again, and even more iron sand flowed out and became a huge cube above him, while the spears disintegrated and reformed into a wedge beside the cube.

“Even for someone as experienced as me, I’m at a loss here. In any case– Applejack, it’s time for you to leave.”

Applejack heard Granny Smith’s words but she couldn’t believe them. Where was the confident old pony from a few moments ago? She stomped the ground with her hoof and clenched her teeth. “Granny Smith...” Applejack stepped in front of Granny, “You can use me!”

I’m not helpless. I can fight by being Granny Smith’s mannequin.

“Applejack, without my other leg, I’m off balance. I can’t help you like I did before.”

“No problem! I might not have the weapons of a real mannequin but … but I’m just as stubborn as my master!”

“Blueblood’s power comes from magnetism. Weapons of iron and steel are useless against him.” Granny warned.

“Even better!” Applejack reared up on her hind legs and stomped the ground, sending cracks in every direction. “I prefer to get my own hooves dirty anyway!”

Rarity looked at them with pity. “Using the same trick twice- pathetic.”

Applejack didn’t answer, but sprinted for Rarity. The wedge of sand plunged down at her. Applejack skidded to a stop and barely managed to jump back in time. The wedge extended after her, carving a massive groove into the ground as it went. With Granny Smith’s help Applejack danced out of the way. The wedge continued to extend straight into the wall.

Applejack landed hard on her hooves. Before she could counter attack, a shadow passed over her. She looked up - the block of iron sand was aimed to fall right on her. She rolled to the side, and the block slammed into the ground dislodging even more massive chunks of rock. Applejack was blown back and hit the ground. She used the momentum to roll over and sprinted over to the block. She spun around, reared up and bucked it as hard as she could.

Rarity had enough time to dodge. The block sailed clear across the cave and crashed into the wall behind her, sending cracks spidering across the ceiling accompanied with the sound of splitting rock. For a fleeting moment it was dead silent, and then the entire ceiling caved in with a deafening roar. The heated battle turned into dodging for their lives as tons of rock rained down from above. When everything settled, the ceiling had completely collapsed, letting the sun illuminate the battlefield. Applejack and Rarity stared each other down, ignoring the change in lighting.

“You call yourself a mare with that freakish strength?”

Applejack just stood there panting. Granny Smith, who was standing a little ways back, was in marvel. In such a small time, she’s already beginning to see through Rarity’s attack. She could almost avoid her without my help. Mayor Mare, you trained your apprentice well.

She’s beginning to read my attacks. I’ll have to end this quickly with “that”. The wedge and block of iron sand collided together with an earsplitting crash. Blueblood’s horn glowed golden and the giant mass of iron sand rapidly branched out and intertwined in every direction like a bramble bush. Applejack had an instant to register what happened, but by then it was too late. Even Granny’s control couldn’t help her. What was left of the cave was demolished in an instant. Granny was knocked back by the sheer force of the attack. Silence spanned on for what felt like ages. Then the sound of a hoof strike and a collapsing pillar of iron sand signaled Applejack’s survival. Granny tried to get up, but her remaining front hoof was pinned underneath a boulder.

“Applejack!” She could just make her out through the crisscrossing spikes “Applejack, are you alright!?”

Applejack staggered to her hooves. She had dodged the brunt of the attack, but she had several scratches that had drawn blood. A drop of blood rolled off her side and hit the floor with a slight plip, but to Applejack sound was deafening. She took one step forward and faltered. The room was going in and out of focus, and spinning around her.

“Oh, what’s wrong? Feeling a bit faint?” Rarity taunted, “The poison’s very effective. The body instantly becomes numb, and soon after immobile. Normally, she’d have three days but I’ll be generous, and kill her right now!”

“No!” Granny struggled to get up, but the rock wouldn’t budge. Blueblood swept in for the kill, but Applejack seemed to have passed out. It weaved through the forest of sand, rapidly closing in.

20 meters.

5 meters.

1 meter.

Applejack jumped up and head-butted Blueblood square in the face. The mannequin held for a second, and then shattered. Chunks of the mannequin rained down all around her. Without Blueblood’s magnetic fields, the forest of spikes instantly lost its consistency. Applejack ran over to Granny Smith. Behind her, the once solid spikes slowly fell apart like a wet sandcastle.

“Applejack … how?”

“When I was making the antidote for Hoity Toity, I had enough to make two more.” Applejack handed Granny Smith a vial in an injector. She stared down in wonder at the murky liquid in the vile, absolutely amazed at the ingenuity of this young kunoichi.

Applejack reached out her front hooves and they started to glow blue. She placed her hooves on Granny’s wounds and proceeded to heal them.

“I knew the opponent used poison, so I made the two into injections. No matter how much poison she uses, it won’t affect me. But it only lasts for 3 minutes. We have to finish this before the three minutes are up!” Applejack finished healing Granny and slowly got to her hooves; she was panting heavily.

All that dodging, physical strength, and on top of that healing wounds! She should be at her limit by now, but somehow she’s still standing! You really trained your apprentice well, Mayor Mare.

“There’s no time to waste, can you move Granny Smith?”

Rarity showed no emotion, but inside she was livid. This is impossible! How is she still moving!? Did she use an antidote? Where in Tartarus did she– Rarity remembered leaving Hoity Toity to die.

Could she have done it then? But even I would need to know the mixture to the milligram to make an antidote, and I made the poison in the first place!

Rarity was broken from her train of thought as Applejack started to heal her wounds. “So, the brat’s a medical ninja as well…”

Applejack healed enough to stop the bleeding, reserving the last of her chakra for offense. While she was busy with that, Granny looked down at the antidote in her hoof. After making sure Applejack wasn’t paying attention, Granny slipped it into her saddle bag and stood up. “Let’s end this.”

Rarity grabbed her Akatsuki cloak and started snapping it open. “Hmph … I’ll acknowledge you’re a brat to be reckoned with– but in the end you’re still a brat!” She shrugged the cloak off her frame, and it landed in a heap behind her, revealing something that could no longer classified as a pony.

“What… What is that?!”

“She hasn’t aged a day since I last saw her… And there’s good reason why.”

Her body wasn’t flesh anymore, long ago replaced with mannequin plastic. She had two scrolls clasped over each of her cutie marks. On her back, she had two wings of razor sharp blades, giving her the look of some kind of demonic alicorn. In the left side of her plastic chest a cylinder was embedded with the symbol钻on it. But possibly the most disturbing thing was what she had done to her tail. A coil of steel cord with a spear tip was wound in her midsection and exited where her tail should be. The tail whipped around and lodged itself into the ground. It coiled around underneath her like a snake and lifted her up off the ground.

“It’s been so long. I can’t remember the last time I had to use myself.”

Before either Granny or Applejack could react, Rarity angled her horn towards them. The tip dilated and a stream of fire burst forth. They had just enough time to split up and get behind cover. The flamethrower tracked Applejack to a bolder. The bolder was just big enough to protect her, the flames licking around the edges as if reaching for the pony hiding behind it.

Granny broke from her cover and attacked with a wave of kunai. Rarity’s wings flipped out and repelled the assault, and then turned her horn towards Granny. Applejack used the distraction to move for better cover, but Rarity was back on her almost as soon as she had moved. In desperation, Applejack flung a few kunai, but the flame melted them before they even got close. She got behind another chunk of rock just as the flame caught up to her tail, singing it. She put her back to the rock face and patted down the smoking ends of her tail. She sighed in relief, but it didn’t last long.

Rarity was getting tired of their hit and run tactics. If she couldn’t burn around the rock …

Her horn’s barrel constricted, focusing the stream.

The rock had become warm to the touch, and was quickly getting hotter. Applejack jumped back and looked at the rock. The wide spread wall of flame had been focused onto the center of the rock and was very quickly burning through. As she watched, the center of the rock went from a dull red glow to yellow, and was moving on to white. She couldn’t jump to new cover with Rarity watching, it was much too risky. But even as she weighed her options, the center of the rock started to melt.

Granny had completely stepped out from cover and was flinging kunai as fast as she could in hopes of distracting Rarity, but she was not to be deterred. Without paying any attention, she whipped her tail around lightning quick, swiped the kunai out of midair and threw them back.

Granny Smith rolled back behind cover under her own redirected attack. Once it cleared, she barreled towards Rarity, hoping a physical attack would fare better, even if she didn’t have all her legs. She didn’t get far.

Rarity’s tail stabbed out at Granny, and she had to skid to a stop and dive to the side. The diamond tip buried itself deep in the rock floor where Granny had been a second before. The steel cord reeled back and pulled taunt before ripping out of the floor and thrusting back out at Granny. She slowly lost ground until she was huddled behind the same rock again.

Damnit! Applejack is running out of time!

Applejack had nowhere to go. If she ran, the blaze would instantly be directed at her, and that would be the end of it. If she stayed, she would only stay alive for a little while longer. Already the rock was glowing white, and molten slag was starting to drip off it. Applejack gulped and took a step back– almost fooling herself that one step would make a difference. She screwed her eyes shut and waited for the inevitable.





And waited.

Cautiously, she peeked. The rock was still smoldering, but the flames had stopped.

Rarity’s horn spluttered and died, and one of the scrolls on her flank burned to ashes. “Tch, what rotten luck.” Both Granny and Applejack glanced over their rocks, wondering why she had let up. Rarity’s tail reared up behind her like a scorpion and shot forward. It curved up above Applejack’s rock and went in for the kill.

Applejack dodged, but it still grazed her on the cutie mark, leaving a deep gash. The spear tip lodged itself deep in the ground. The steel cord became taut, but the tip didn’t break free from the ground this time. Applejack looked up expecting to see Rarity being pulled her way, but the reality was far worse.

“Die!” Rarity was flying head first at Granny, wings spread out ready to tear into the old pony.

Rarity was closing fast, and Granny wasn’t in any condition to fight one on one. Granny threw some kunai, but Rarity flexed her tail and maneuvered effortlessly through them.

Suddenly there was a whirling sound – Rarity’s tail was being pulled out. She glanced over and saw Applejack pulling out the spool of steel cord. Rarity sneered and moved faster towards Granny.

It had become a race: Rarity getting closer to Granny, Applejack pulling out foot after foot of steel tail. No matter how much she pulled, there seemed to be yards left to pull out, and Rarity steadily got closer. Pull. Pull. Pull. The tail kept coming. There was just too much!

Rarity had made it. She was above Granny, grinning like a mad pony. “Game over!” Her bladed wing swung down slicing through the air with a metallic swish- there was a click as the spool of cord finally ran out. Rarity’s grin dissolved into a look of surprise before she was pulled back, missing Granny by inches. Rarity turned around just in time to see Applejack’s hind legs reared up to meet her.

“Yeeeha!!!”

Applejack hit Rarity square in the chest with so much force, that her mannequin body broke into pieces. Limbs, wings, head and horn, scattered in every direction and tumbled to the ground. Even the cylinder marked 钻 was knocked free of Rarity’s chest.

Panting, Applejack looked over at Granny Smith. “Ha! We did it Granny! And … and just before … 3 minutes!”

“Applejack you-” Granny was cut off by clattering and clicks. Behind Applejack, the pieces of Rarity were floating back together. Slowly, as if looking would make it become reality, Applejack turned around.

The 钻 core floated in mid-air, and the mannequin pieces floated over to it. First the body reassembled, followed by the hoof and wing pieces. Finally, the head floated back over and attached backwards.

“Pretty good, you little brat,” Rarity screwed her head around the right way to look Applejack in the eyes, “but not good enough!”

Granny shot a chakra string out and grabbed her mannequin hoof. With a single flick, the hoof flew over and screwed back on.

She sighed and reached into her saddlebag. “I forbade myself from using this ever again, but it seems that wasn’t to be…”

Granny pulled out an ancient scroll covered with several high level seals. She ripped the seals off and cast it open. The 10 sigils on the scroll each released a ghostly cloud that began to take forms of mannequins.

All the mannequins wore a white cloak with a crest on the back. The same crest was also stamped on each of the mannequin’s foreheads. Most of them resembled ponies – 3 of each race – except for one; a minotaur.

Other than the war paint on their cheeks, the three pegasi all looked relatively normal. The minotaur likewise didn’t seem to be anything special, but the remaining six each looked odder than the one before it.

The unicorns all seemed lithe and athletic, which is unusual for most unicorns. The most normal looking one had her mane tied up into two buns. She sported two broad swords that it levitated with its magic.

The second unicorn had a red coat had a short cropped blond mane slicked back to the point that her horn was uncovered, which was bigger than normal.

The final unicorn almost couldn’t be considered a unicorn. He was a pale blue and completely bald. Instead of one horn, he had three in a triangle jutting out of its head.

The three earth ponies were even stranger. They were massive, almost the size of Saddle Arabians. One was pale with a jet black mane that hung down around its face.

The second was a light shade of purple and was bald, save for the very back of its head. There, the hair stuck straight out into a ponytail. Both the pale and purple earth ponies had giant hooves too big for even their bodies.

The third earth pony had normal size hooves, but that was all that was normal about him. His mane was hopelessly frizzled and he had no lips, giving it a constant snarl. The most disturbing thing about this mannequin, though, was that he only had one eye in the center of its face.

Rarity instantly recognized the 10 mannequins. “Impressive, Granny Smith, they say the strength of a mannequineer is measured by the amount they can control at once. Granny’s great technique– I’ve heard rumors– it’s been said to have sacked the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. The Secret White Technique: Group of the Ten Chicoteague.”

Rarity levitated one of the scrolls from her flanks and floated it in front of her. “The founder of the mannequin technique, Chicoteague’s ten masterpieces.” Rarity threw the scroll above her, unrolling it as it went. Her horn began to glow. “That is a great deal of mannequins…” a storm of black cloaked figures poured out of the scroll, blackening the sky. Rarity’s horn flashed a bright pale blue, and 100 chakra threads shot forth and connected to each mannequin. “But with these, I laid waste to the entire Griffon Kingdoms.” Rarity face hoofed and shook her head. “How will I explain this? A little mare and an old hag, and I had to pull out my last trick– The Secret Red Technique: Hundred Manipulation. “

Applejack got ready to charge Rarity, but Granny stopped her. “Applejack…” Applejack looked back over her shoulder at her. “The antidote has already worn off you, you should stay back.

Applejack didn’t budge and smiled. “You know it’s not in me to quit.”

Granny smirked back. “I see … you have the personality of Mayor Mare too. But this is the final act. Whatever happens here will be the end. Are you ready?”

“You betcha!”

“Enough talk, now die!” Rarity’s hundred mannequins bore down on them, a wave of black cloaks and glinting metal.

The red unicorn and the pale earth pony stepped forward. The unicorn’s horn began to glow, and giant chakra blades formed and began spinning rapidly around her horn. The earth pony bit down on her tail and flung her forward. The tail extended on a chain and the unicorn flew right at Rarity’s mannequins. The metal weapons were cut through like tissue and in an instant a dozen mannequins were sliced in half.

The blue unicorn intercepted a group trying to flank Granny and Applejack, and rammed one with its horns. The three horns extended out the back of that mannequin and impaled another seven.

Meanwhile, the unicorn with the swords was nimbly jumping from one opponent to another, chopping them apart with deadly efficiency. One of the pegasi jumped on top of the other two unicorn’s shoulders, forming a pyramid. Using the pegasi’s weather magic, they created a wind tunnel. Mannequins were sucked up, crushed to pieces, and blown out behind the three pegasi.

The number of mannequins quickly became too great, however, and the wind tunnel soon became clogged. Rarity, seeing the opening, dive bombed the pegasi from above.

Applejack was trying to get to Rarity, but every time she would take a step in her direction, another group of mannequins would attack her. She dodged a poison blade and counter attacked, shattering the right side of the mannequin. Another struck from behind, and she ducked and swiped its hooves. Applejack bit down on its cloak and threw it into another and then bucked through both of them.

Granny noticed one dashing at her from her blind spot. With some quick maneuvering, the purple earth pony parried the strike meant for Applejack and bucked the mannequin with its enormous hooves.

We only have one antidote left. If one of us gets injured–

Her thoughts were interrupted as a mannequin got through and slashed Granny’s shoulder. “Damn!” In a flash, the minotaur was between the mannequin and Granny.

“Granny Smith!” Applejack turned back and started running to Granny.

The minotaur grabbed the mannequin and ripped it apart in its bare hands and tossed the pieces aside.

“I’m fine, go get Rarity! I’ll take care of the rest. Hit her with this!”

The cyclops pony’s jaw opened impossibly wide, and out popped a small pink ball. It sailed across the battlefield, and Applejack jumped on a mannequin, sprung off its back, and caught it in midair. She came down full force on the mannequin and crushed it beneath her.

Applejack sprinted forward, stopping only to dodge mannequin attacks. All around her blurs of white streaked across the endless sea of black cloaks. Every time she thought she’d have to fight her way through, a white streak would shoot by and create a path for her. She ducked and weaved, slowly pushing closer to Rarity. Suddenly, the mass of black shifted, and she could see Rarity standing off in the distance, a manic look on her face. Seizing the opportunity, Applejack tossed the ball up spun around and bucked it right at Rarity

“Take THIS!”

Her aim was perfect, and it zoomed right through the opening. As the ball flew, it grew and unraveled, revealing a giant pony sized parasprite. Rarity had been too focused on her mannequins and didn’t notice the parasprite until it was too close to dodge. It rammed into her with such force, it pinned her to the wall. Black ink poured out and formed sealing ruins around Rarity. One by one, the remaining mannequins hung limp and dropped to the ground in heaps

“It’s over,” Granny panted, “The seal suppresses all chakra. She can’t even form a chakra thread.” Rarity said nothing; she remained motionless on the wall. With a groan, Granny collapsed to the ground, the poison finally taking its toll.

“Granny Smith!” Applejack ran over to Granny. “Hurry and take the antidote!”

A shadow moved behind Granny. One of the mannequins slowly got up. The mannequin was severely damaged - impaled with several blades and it was missing a forehoof. It creaked when it moved, as if it would fall apart any moment. But as it staggered forward, Applejack could make out the钻canister that had been in Rarity was now in the chest of this mannequin. With dawning realization, Applejack saw the fight wasn’t over just yet. Rarity bit down on one of the blades sticking out of her side, yanked it out and lurched towards Granny’s convulsing form.

With a sickly squelch the blade hit flesh. But it wasn’t Granny’s.

“Appleja- guh!” Granny convulsed again and fell back to the ground.

“Just hurry and take the–argh! – the antidote Granny Smith!” The blade had punctured a lung and breathing, let alone talking, was sheer agony for Applejack.

“Worrying about others with such an injury darling?” Rarity twisted the blade causing Applejack to fall to her knees in pain. Blue flames of chakra flowed out of the wound.

“Healing your while the blade is still in the wound–very skillful.”

The chakra wavered, and Applejack winced. “Ah, about time the poison started having an effect.”

Can’t control my chakra … Applejack was on the verge of passing out from blood loss.

Granny pulled the antidote out of her saddlebag, and looked down at it. In one swift motion, she shifted over to Applejack and injected it into her leg.

“HER?!”

“Granny, why? Why would–“ But she was cut off when Granny fell to the ground again, the poison hitting her again. Rarity pulled the blade back, but Applejack grabbed hold of it, halting her escape. Slowly she looked up and stared daggers at Rarity “Not so fast.”

For the first time, Rarity showed fear. She let go of the blade and jumped back. Applejack stumbled without the blade supporting her anymore. With the last of her strength, Granny flicked her ear. From the rubble, and two blurs jumped out towards Rarity.

*** *** ***

Mother and Father come up beside filly Rarity and embrace her in a hug. She closes her eyes and smiles. A single happy tear rolls down her cheek.

*** *** ***

Rarity creakily looked over. Instead of a loving embrace, Father and Mother had skewered Rarity’s core. Granny stretched out one more chakra thread and pulled the remains of the cyclops mannequin over. It opened its mouth once more, and ink poured out and formed the sealing runes around Rarity.

“It doesn’t matter whether you have a mannequin body; a part of your real body is needed to control chakra. That was your weak point, even if only your heart remained. A mannequin, after all, is just a mannequin.”

Applejack fell to the ground, finally succumbing to blood loss. “Applejack!” Granny crawled over to her.

I’ll have to close the wound as I pull the sword out.

Granny’s hoof glowed blue, and she placed it on the wound. Grabbing the sword with her mouth, she focused on stopping the blood flow and she inched the sword out. Applejack cried out in pain.

“Hold on, it’ll be over soon.” Inch by painful inch, the sword slowly came free. Applejack writhed in pain, but held back her screams. After what seemed like forever, the merciful darkness of unconsciousness finally fell over her.

“Just … just a little more …” With a sickening sound, the sword pulled free. Granny tossed it behind her and instantly started to heal the wound.

“Hehehe … It’s pointless you old hag, I aimed for a vital spot. She’ll bleed out long before you can save her.”

“I’m not using medical ninjutsu anymore.”

“What?”

“I’m using a tensei ninjutsu. I’m giving her my own life energy…”

“A tensei nin…” Rarity trailed off.

“I spent many years working out this jutsu. With it I could even give life to a mannequin …” Granny looked over lovingly at Rarity.

*** *** ***

Rarity, Father, and Mother in a loving embrace. Granny Smith looking in from the doorway, a tear in her eye.

*** *** ***

“But … now it’s a dream that can never be realized …”

Rarity remained silent. But then she whispered a single word “… pathetic …”

“Pathetic! When did you start getting so sentimental?”

Granny said nothing; the life transfer left her drained, and the poison was still coursing through her body. Applejack returned to the waking world with a pained groan.

“Are you alright dearie?”

Weakly, Applejack replied “Yes, but Granny …” she looked solemnly at Granny.

Rarity spoke up again “That’s odd, aren’t you supposed to be dead?”

“She received a fatal wound, but she wasn’t dead. So the cost … isn’t that high.”

“Huh, what a pity.”

Applejack slugged Rarity her with a right cross, causing her head to spin half way around. The effort left Applejack out of breath and she nearly collapsed again.

“Give it up, this body feels no pain. All you’re doing is hurting your hoof.”

Her head spun around and looked right in Applejack’s eyes. “You ruffians love to do useless things don’t you? Heheh …” Applejack just glared at her.

“Even being my teacher, I wouldn’t feel a thing if Granny Smith dies. My heart is just like this body –unfeeling. Out of all the hundreds of thousands I’ve killed … she’d just be another body to the pile. It’s simple as that.”

“What do ya think a pony life is!?” Applejack screamed at her.

Rarity blinked in surprise. “Are those any kind of words for a shinobi?”

“Why … why can’t ya think any other way!?”

“That’s enough, Applejack. Our village’s terrible customs and teachings made her like this.” Granny said ashamed.

“How about it? Do you want to become like me? If you do, you’ll understand what I’m saying. Think about it– an undecaying body, unfettered by a mortal life. A mannequin body can be rebuilt over and over, always improving, always closer to perfection.”

Applejack just gritted her teeth and glowered at Rarity. She either didn’t notice or didn’t care.

“If I’m lonely, I can make as many ponies as I want into of mannequins– if they’re worthy that is. I don’t just create for the sake of numbers. No, no that would never do; collections are about quality.”

“What … just what the hell are you?!”

Rarity remained silent for a while, contemplating

“I guess … I guess I’d have to say a pony who couldn’t become a mannequin. I’m a mannequin, but an incomplete one with a core of my real body. Not pony… but not entirely mannequin…” Rarity chuckled morbidly.

“I won’t be able to move for much longer. But before that, I suppose I’ll do something pointless for you. A reward for defeating me, if you will. You did want to know about Spike, didn’t you?”

Applejack couldn’t keep the look of anticipation off her face, despite her hatred for the monster in front of her.

“Heh … I thought so. Go to the Tenchi Bridge in the Grass village. Noon, ten days from now.”

“What do you mean?”

“I have a spy in Spike’s subordinates. We’re supposed to meet up there, but I don’t think I’m going to be able to attend. Haha … ha …

Rarity slumped forward and pulled Father and Mother down with her. Rarity was gone.

Granny looked at the heap of collapsed mannequins in the sealing circle with a mix of pity and sorrow.

Applejack looked over at Granny. “You did it Granny Smith! You’re incredible.”

“No, Applejack, I’m not. Rarity saw my last attack, but somehow … she couldn’t avoid it.”

*** *** ***

Mother and Father embracing filly Rarity. A single tear. A smile.

*** *** ***

“Gah!” Granny shuddered once and fell to the ground.

“Granny! Let’s go back to the village! I can make an antidote right away. You’re going to be fine.”

Through the pain, Granny chocked out one word “No …”

“Why? We defeated Rarity! If we don’t make an antidote soon–“

“There is still something … I must do.”



The giant clay phoenix soared through the sky. Just behind it, on the ground below, were Twilight and Rainbow Dash. Sweetie Belle looked down at them.

That kid’s stopped trying to get at me, what are they planning?

Despite how calm she looked, Rainbow Dash was getting anxious. “Twilight! How long are we going to just trail her?”

Twilight sighed. “Stop rushing into things. This jutsu takes time, but I’m ready now. Let’s go.” Twilight opened her left eye, revealing her green and red eye. This time though, a purple aura poured out of the corner, and black lightning curled around her horn. She focused on Sweetie Belle and her left eye glowed a sickly green. The air around Sweetie started to ripple and distort.

“What the-“ Sweetie was cut short as her body started to swirl into a point on her chest, like it was being pulled down a drain. “Eye jutsu?” Sweetie Belle banked to the left, and with immense difficulty, her body was pulled out of the warp. Her right hoof wasn’t so lucky. The space around her hoof swirled into oblivion and ripped her hoof down with it. With a bloodcurdling scream, Sweetie fell to her knees and grabbed the stump where her leg used to be.

The exertion left Twilight panting. “I missed. I still can’t control it properly.” Despite her body telling her not to, Twilight reopened her eye. The air around Sweetie and the phoenix started to ripple again, and Sweetie’s head started to swirl.

“No you don’t.” Sweetie grunted. The phoenix took a steep dive. Sweetie looked back at the jutsu she’d just narrowly escaped and sighed of relief. It was cut short as a shadow fell over her. She reeled around to see Rainbow falling down towards her, while one of her clones was forming a Rasengan in her outstretched hoof. Rather than get hit, Sweetie jumped off her phoenix and dropped into the forest below.

The Rasengan cut through the clay phoenix’s neck like a hot knife through butter. Rainbow put her hooves together and formed two more shadow clones, which grabbed the falling head of the phoenix and landed in a tree.

“Tch,” Sweetie Belle wasn’t too happy about losing Cranky, but she was in no condition to fight, all she could do was look on as Rainbow Dash’s clones tore open the clay head. Twilight, utterly exhausted, slowly jumped up to the clay phoenix head. The lightning and purple aura had dissipated and her eye had reverted to the normal green sclera and red pupil. Rainbow Dash landed beside her, leaving the opening to the clones. “Twilight, are you alright?”

After a moment to catch her breath, she panted out “yeah ... I’ll be … fine …”

A little ways ahead, Sweetie Belle was surveying the situation.

With my right hoof gone, I’m outmatched here. To think I’d be facing someone with eye jutsu at Spitfire’s level! The Jinchuuriki is no problem, but that Twilight-

The clones had finished breaking through the clay. Seeing Cranky’s body up close lit a rage deep inside Rainbow. Her iris became slitted and rainbow colored, and without turning to face Sweetie, started to speak, her voice full of malevolence “I’ll get you for this.”

Broken from her inner monologue, Sweetie retorted “Sure, sure. I’ll fight you soon enough, hm.”

Twilight spoke up, “You let your guard down.”

The real Rainbow Dash jumped up from behind Sweetie and caught her with a roundhouse kick, sending her tumbling out of the tree. Dash jumped down after her and created 4 more clones. As she fell, three grabbed her hooves. The other grabbed her right shoulder. They shoved her back first into the ground had held her there.

The real Rainbow landed her back hooves into her stomach, eliciting a wheezing cough from Sweetie. Not letting up, Dash stomped her front hooves into her face over and over. Blood splattered the ground, but she still didn’t let up.

Rainbow … Twilight said nothing, but she silently worried for her.

Dash held out her right hoof and one of the clones created a Rasengan. With a feral scream, she crushed it into Sweetie’s chest. Clay splattered everywhere. Rainbow Dash was standing on a fairly beaten up pony size clump of clay. The clones poofed away, and Dash started shaking with rage. The red part of her tail started glowing and turned into pure crimson light, lengthening into another separate tail. A prismatic aura enveloped Rainbow Dash and she jumped up and started looking franticly for the real Sweetie Belle. She howled up at the sky and punched a nearby tree. The trunk didn’t stand a chance and splintered, sending the tree careening to the forest floor. Rainbow’s rage only grew, and the orange part of her tail started breaking off into a second tail of light.

“This is what Thunderlane was talking about. I need to stop this now!” Twilight pulled out the sealing paper and jumped down towards the transforming Rainbow Dash. She was too focused looking for Sweetie Belle to see Twilight until the last moment. Twilight stuck the seal right to her forehead. In a blinding flash, a light burst out of the paper. When it dissipated, the chaotic energies enveloping Rainbow had dissipated, and she collapsed to the ground, passed out.

Twilight sat down on her haunches and breathed a sigh of relief.

Thunderlane, what in the world did you see?

Rainbow’s eyes fluttered opened and she got up groaning. Just then, Applejack jumped down next to them, supporting Granny Smith. “We finally caught up!”

“OH, COME ON!” Sweetie Belle ducked back into her bush before anyone noticed her.

Rainbow was recovering slowly and she gave them a weary smile “Applejack, the two of you did it!”

Applejack nodded sadly. “We did, but what about Cranky?”

The smile instantly vanished from Rainbow’s face, and she looked over in the tree, where two of her clones were pulling Cranky’s body out of the remains of the phoenix.

In her bush, Sweetie Belle was incredulous. “Unbelievable, the mare and the old hag took out Rarity. Heh, eternal beauty my flank. Having that huge weak spot out in the open like that was vanity as much as it was stupidity.” Sweetie Belle giggled a bit. “Either way, its time I made my exit.” She got up to leave, but was blocked by four ponies.

“Good job Gilda!” boomed Big Mac. Braeburn and Rose were right behind him.



“Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap!”

Granny Smith was cut short by a three legged white pony running through the group, followed by a hail of ninja tools and vacuum palms.

Twilight quickly recovered from the unexpected encounter. “Everypony be careful! She attacks with long range explosives!”

Sweetie Belle risked a glance over her shoulder and saw Twilight and her team joined in the chase.

There’s no way I can escape now! Only one thing left to do. But where did it land?

She zigzagged and dove from one tree to the next, barely dodging kunai, shuriken, and air bullets. Finally, Sweetie glimpsed a mass of gray amongst brown and green.

There!

She made it behind what was left of her clay phoenix and ducked just in time. The group all landed around the bird and started to circle around. Sweetie wasted no time and ripped a huge chunk out of the bird and swallowed it whole.

Team Mac stopped short and got in defensive positions as Sweetie Belle suddenly jumped out from behind her phoenix.

“Let me show you my ultimate work of art! It’s sure to be a BANG!” Sweetie Belle fell into a fit of giddy laughter as her body started to inflate.

Gilda activated her Byakugan; chakra flowed into and enhanced her already impressive predatory eyes.

She’s condensing chakra in one spot. It’s like– no, she wouldn’t!

“Everyone get out of here!”

It was too late. Sweetie Belle continued to laugh as her entire body burst like a balloon, releasing a massive explosion. Everypony shielded their eyes from the light as it engulfed them …



And just as quickly as it appeared, it was gone. The only evidence that it had ever happened at all was the dust that was kicked up. Everypony moved their hooves away from their eyes.

Big Mac looked back, confused. “What just happ-”

Where Sweetie Belle was, there was a swirling black hole of oblivion. As everypony looked on, even the dust from the explosion was sucked in before it swirled shut, leaving only the crater Sweetie made.

Big Mac looked over at Twilight, who was panting hard and grinned. I’d expect nothing less from my rival. Twilight toppled to the side, but was caught by Rainbow Dash.

“Are you alright Twilight?”

“That … takes a lot … out of me …” Twilight gasped.

“What in Celestia’s name was that?” Applejack asked.

“I sent her … and the explosion … to another … dimension. But first thing’s … first. Is everypony … OK? ”

The group was startled by two of Rainbow’s clones carrying Cranky jumped down behind them. The left one looked at Applejack pleadingly “Applejack …” They laid Cranky down on the forest floor and Applejack walked over and started her medical ninjutsu. Granny Smith just looked gravely down at Cranky. She already knew.

“Please Applejack, tell me … tell me you can …”

Applejack stopped her treatment and fell back on her haunches and shook her head. Cranky was dead.

“Why? Cranky … he was– why did he have to die like this?” said Rainbow Dash, trembling. “He was Umakage! It can’t just end like–” She couldn’t continue.

“Calm down Rainbow …” Granny said softly.

“SHUT UP!” Rainbow Dash whirled around and in an instant was yelling, inches from Granny’s face. The rage in her face just a mask for her sadness; it was clear she was crying– the tears were dripping off her face.

“This is all your fault! If you didn’t put that monster in Cranky, none of this would have happened! Did you even ask how he felt!?”

Granny didn’t back down, but it showed in her eyes that Rainbow’s words hit home. Slowly, the anger fell from her face, and Rainbow fell to her haunches, her head hung low, sobbing uncontrollably.

“Dashie …” Applejack wanted to comfort her, but she couldn’t bring herself to move.

“I couldn’t save Lightning Dust, and I couldn’t save Cranky … I trained for three years. I trained harder than ever. But all that time– all that work– and nothing’s changed …”

Granny took a step. And then another. She walked right by Rainbow Dash and up to Cranky’s body. She knelt down and looked at him for a moment. Then she placed her hooves on Cranky’s chest and they started to glow. Everypony looked at her confused, save one.

“Granny Smith! That jutsu!” she just looked back at Applejack and smiled.

Granny…

“What are you doing now?” asked Rainbow, the spite still in her voice.

Applejack remembered back to the end of the battle with Rarity

There’s still something that I must do… She suddenly realized what Granny Smith was talking about.

Rainbow Dash, still not knowing, started to yell “Hey! What the hell are you doing!?”

“She’s going to bring Cranky back.”

Rainbow was stunned. “Bring him back? Can somepony … really do something like that?”

Granny winced in pain, and the glow of her hooves faded. “Damn! Not enough chakra…” Granny bowed her head in defeat. A shadow fell over her.

“Please, use my chakra.” Granny looked up to see a hopeful Rainbow Dash. “Can you do that?”

She doesn’t care if they’re from different villages. All that matters is that their friend. “Place your hooves on top of mine.” This kid… she’s really something…

As soon as Rainbow Dash did so, the glow intensified until it was even brighter than before.

“I’m so glad that somepony like you appeared in this bitter world we old ponies created.” Rainbow looked up at Granny, speechless that she was giving her a complement.

“Everything I did in the past was a mistake …” Granny smiled “But at least at the very end, I was able to do one right thing …”

“What Twilight said about you was right. You have to power to become friends with anypony easily. That power may change the future. You’ll make a Hokage unlike any other.” Granny looked back at Applejack. “And Applejack, don’t risk your life for an old hag next time. Protect what is most important to you. You … you are a lot like me. You’ll surpass your master … one day …”

She turned back to Rainbow Dash, and looked her square in the eyes. “Rainbow Dash, a request from an old hag. You are the only one that knows Cranky’s pain. Please, help him find the way …”



White. It had always been white. It will always be white. There was nothing but white. Even he wasn’t himself– just another part of the white.

–anky! Cranky!”

“Who’s calling? Who … are they calling?” Through the endless white, something started to take shape. “A hoof? … My hoof?”


“This is …” Cranky trailed off dumbfounded.

Rainbow just chuckled “Everypony came running to save you!"

Hoity Toity stepped forward nodding “For sure. You’re a little brother I always have to look out for, eh?”

Cloudkicker spoke up, much to the disdain of Rainbow and Hoity, “Hey, Cranky’s still Umakage, so don’t get cheeky.” She pushed past both of them and leaned in close to Cranky “How are you feeling?”

Cranky tried to get up, but he faltered.

“Don’t push yourself, your body’s still recovering.”

One of the sand villager’s started sniffle “This is great, I was worried if the Umakage was going to die.”

Another villager smacked the back of her head “You idiot, no way Cranky would die that easily! He’s a real strong and silent type. “

“Yeah, but there’s still some cuteness about him. Next time I’ll save Cranky!”

“No me!”

The two stampeded over to Cranky, knocking Rainbow clear off her feet.

“Yeah, I guess I’m just a genin …” she mumbled.

Hoity Toity bent down next to her “Don’t feel bad; mares are always weak at the knees for those elite cool types.”

“Yeah, I remember hearing that somewhere …”

Rainbow and Hoity Toity looked over where Cloudkicker was fending off the two rabid fan mares. Hoity Toity remembered what Cranky once said about Rainbow Dash. She knew the same pain as me. And she taught me that you can change how you live.

“Thank you, Rainbow Dash.”

“You should be thanking Granny Smith, not me. She saved Cranky with that amazing medical ninjutsu.”

He looked over at Granny, who was lying back in Applejack’s hooves, Mr. Waddle was standing over them, trying his hardest not to cry. Rainbow Dash didn’t notice.

“She’s resting right now, but she’ll be fine when she gets back–“

“No …”

Rainbow was taken aback. “What do you mean ‘no’?”

“That wasn’t medical ninjutsu, it was a tensei ninjutsu. Granny is dead.”

Rainbow Dash was quiet as the weight of Granny’s final words finally sank in.

“You really are a mysterious pony Rainbow Dash.” Cloudkicker said, coming up behind her. “You have the power to change ponies. Granny used to say she never cared about the future of the village. She never would have done this for Cranky before.”

Twilight spoke up, “Granny Smith entrusted the future to you and Cranky … a fitting last moment for a shinobi.

“Yeah… I think– I think I understand the old lady’s feelings.”

Cranky tried to get up once more, but faltered again. This time though, Rainbow was by his side and helped him back to his feet. With her help, Cranky made it over to Granny’s body. He looked down at her, and after a moment of silence, “Everypony, say a prayer for Granny Smith.”



At the edge of the forest, out of the ground burst Sweetie Belle. With some effort, she pulled herself out of the hole. “Dumb eye jutsu! To think my art was just sucked up like that! But at least it was a good diversion …” She looked down at her foreleg. “Looks like my leg was tore off just past the elbow. Better go find my right leg and anklet … hm.”



An Akatsuki cloaked figure walked through the iron sand and piles of destroyed mannequins, stopping next to the mannequin that used to be Rarity. She dropped her hood and reviled her face. Her left half was a brilliant white alicorn with dazzling blue mane and eye. Her right side was black and insect like. Her hair was the same color, but it– along with the black half of her horn– was riddled with holes. Her eye was slitted and surrounded by a dark teal, which brightened to a lime green at the edges.

“So this is Rarity’s real body eh?” Her voice was serene, like an angel.

“I got it! Hey Chryssy I found it!” Chrysalis looked back to see a pony clad in black plate armor. Her face was covered with a mask with one eye hole on the right side. The only discerning feature was her poofy pink hair that sprouted out around the mask.

“With this, I can be part of Akatsuki too right, huh, huh? There is an opening after all.” She held up an anklet with the symbol玉 on it.

“Idiot, it’s not that simple!”

Come on we can let her in, Pinkie’s a good kid.” A dark, reverberative voice came from the right side of Chrysalis.

“Are you sure?”

“Of course. Besides, we do need another member.”

The left side sighed in resignation, “I better not regret this.”

Pinkie did a cartwheel in excitement “Wahoo!”


Applejack and Rainbow Dash were standing before Granny’s tombstone, paying their last respects. Twilight walked up behind them and after a few moments, gently spoke.

“Applejack, Rainbow Dash, we’re about ready to leave.”

After a moment, Rainbow Dash nodded and turned to leave. “Let’s go Applejack.” Applejack turned to leave too, but stopped and turned back.

Thank you, Granny Smith… thank you.

Team Seven and Team Mac were heading out of the sand village when they heard a voice

“You can’t leave without saying good bye!”

They turned around to see Hoity Toity, Cloudkicker, and Cranky walking out to see them off. After a string of good byes and well wishes, Cranky stood before Rainbow. They stared at each other for a moment before Rainbow broke the silence.

“I guess this is when you normally shake hooves and part ways but– well, I’ve never been good at that kind of thing so …”

Rainbow Dash was cut short when Cranky held his hoof out first. Rainbow stared at it, taken aback that this donkey– once her biggest enemy– was offering his hoof.

Cranky wasn’t going to wait for her, though, and Rainbow felt sand pull her hoof up gently. She was surprised, but it quickly turned into a warm smile. She got the message and moved her hoof herself. The two’s hooves joined in a hoofshake of friendship.

Comments ( 10 )

I want to cut you for thinking of this.

3346331 If you're going to say something like that, at least give some constructive criticism

3347511

okay... don't do a crossover that doesn't make sense to either worlds involved.

3348987 That's kinda the point. A crossover takes two worlds and mixes them together so that they do make sense together. If they made sense otherwise, there would be no point of a crossover.

3349688

yes but you clearly don't know how to do it well so stick close to crossovers that theme naturally into each other.

3350248 I honestly don't think you even read the story, and are just bashing me because I did a crossover you don't like. Whether you don't like MLP, Naruto, or a combination of the two, this obviously isn't a fic for you, and you should have just scrolled past without even clicking on it.

If you actually have something to say that can improve my writing that isn't "don't write a MLP/Naruto crossover" then I am more than willing to listen. But if you are just going to berate me for how I choose to express my love for two good shows, you can leave.

since you get no love, I will give you a like

3351358 Why thank you! Seeing that sliver of green makes me feel that much happier

I just can't dislike or like this story due to it not being my preference of crossover. I don't know if there technically is other kinds of crossover, but my fav is where the main character of a non mlp show is turned into a pony in equestria and must either re-learn skills with a new body or the non mlp character remains a non pony

BUT!!!

I have read about to where Twilight(Kakashi) reveals her(his) left eye and i must say the grammar and sentence structure are a lot better than most stories on Fimfiction have, even when they use multiple proof-readers. :ajsmug::pinkiesmile::twilightsmile::heart::yay::derpytongue2::moustache:

So to be unbiased.........

LIKE :scootangel:

5262915
To answer your question, those could technically be crossovers, but usually fall under the "Human in Equestria" category (which I guess are all crossovers in their own right, but I digress).

Thanks for the compliment! There's nothing like a grammatically confusing sentence to break immersion. That's why I check and recheck my work for errors.

To be perfectly honest, this was one of those "who would be who" conversations that ended with me writing the story. It wasn't supposed to be incredibly creative except for the character casting, and from the 50% dislike rate I'd say people noticed. Whatever the case, I'm glad you found it enjoyable enough to warrant a like.

Login or register to comment