• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 967 Views, 9 Comments

Dashie's Inebriated Misadventures - Twiggles6



When the latest cider season rolls around, Rainbow Dash once again finds herself missing out. But Berry Punch offers Rainbow Dash a taste of her bar's newest drink, made from Apple Family Cider. Rainbow Dash has never been drunk. Shenanigans ens

  • ...
0
 9
 967

Something Spooky

“Come on, Rainbow Dash.” Berry Punch said, tilting Rainbow’s head back up as she supported the sloshed pegasus on her shoulder. “You’ve gotta help me out here. I don’t know exactly where you live.”

“Aw, it’s kay.” Rainbow said, pushing Berry Punch away a bit harder than she meant to. “I can get home on my own.
Just watch.” She said as she took three steps forward and fell flat on her face.

“Rainbow! Are you alright?” Berry asked, trotting to Rainbow Dash’s side.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m fine.” Rainbow Dash said, getting up and dusting herself off. “Someone just put the ground in my way. No biggie.”

“Rainbow, try to stay with me.” Berry sighed as she tried to hold Rainbow up again.

“Hey, you know what we should do?” Rainbow Dash asked, snickering loudly.

“Get you to bed?” Berry asked, hopeful that some lucidity remained in Rainbow Dash’s cider addled brain.

“Tch! No!” Rainbow said, still laughing to herself. “C’mon. Guess again.”

“I don’t know. What?” Berry asked, deciding it best to just play along for the moment.

“It’s been way too long since I did this. Like, first season long!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“First what now?” Berry asked, raising an eyebrow at Rainbow.

“No no no! Hear me out first!” Rainbow said, putting a hoof over Berry’s mouth. “Shh. No tears now. Only dreams.”

Berry pushed Rainbow’s hoof away from herself. “What are you-”

“Let’s go prank some ponies!” Rainbow shouted before darting off in a random direction, leaving a wobbling rainbow streak as she went.

“Rainbow Dash! Wait!” Berry shouted. “This can’t possibly end well.” She thought as she bolted in the direction Rainbow Dash had gone.


Rainbow Dash bumped into objects as she flew over the rooftops, unceremoniously knocking a few weathervanes over and barely missing several chimneys. After fluttering for some time, she managed to spot what would be her first group of prank victims.

“Ah dunno.” Applebloom said. “Are you sure we should be out this late?”

“Well duh.” Scootaloo said, rolling her eyes. “We aren’t gonna find him in the daytime.”

“But Zecora didn’t say anything about him only appearing at night.” Sweetie Belle said. She yawned loudly as if to punctuate her sentence. “I say we go home and go to bed.”

“What’s the matter?” Scootaloo asked, turning to face Sweetie Belle. “You scared?” She asked with a smirk.

Sweetie Belle yawned loudly and rubbed her eyes with a hoof. “Sorry. What did you say?” She asked.

“I said are you scared?” Scootaloo repeated.

“What? Nah. Thanks for asking though.” Sweetie Belle said with a weak smile.

“No, that’s not what I- Ugh…” Scootaloo groaned. “Nevermind. Let’s just keep looking.”

“Are ya sure Zecora wasn’t just tellin’ a scary story?” Applebloom suggested. “Just cause there’s a story about Slendermane don’t mean he’s real.”

“Tell you guys what.” Scootaloo said, stopping and addressing her friends. “If we don’t find him tonight, we’ll give it up. If we do, then we can definitely get our slender slayer cutie marks!”

“Ah’ll ask again.” Applebloom said. “What would a cutie mark like that even look like?”

“SURPRISE!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she dropped from the sky in the middle of the three fillies.

All three of the Cutie Mark Crusaders leapt into the air, screaming at the top of their lungs just before zooming off in different directions. A couple of seconds later, they realized just who had surprised them and poked their heads out from their hiding places.

“R- Rainbow Dash?” Scootaloo asked, slowly peering out from behind a rain barrel. “What are you doing here?”

“Yeah! Ya nearly scared us half to death!” Applebloom exclaimed as she jumped out of the well she had hidden herself in.

“I’m not sleepy anymore.” Sweetie Belle said, walking stiffly around a nearby corner with her eyes wide. She was shaking visibly and chattering her teeth. “Can we go home soon?”

Rainbow Dash simply sat down in between the three fillies and began laughing a half-repressed, snorting laugh. “I got you good, didn’t I?” She asked, her speech barely intelligible.

“Yeah. Heh heh.” Scootaloo chuckled nervously. “I guess you did.”

“Rainbow Dash, why would you do somethin’ like that?” Applebloom asked, sniffing the air slightly. “And why does yer breath smell like mah auntie Vineyard?” She asked, recoiling slightly.

“You should have seen the looks on your faces.” Rainbow said, giving out another loud snort.

“Rainbow Dash, there you are!” Berry Punch shouted as she galloped over to the chuckling mare. “Come on, we need to get you home.”

“What’s going on, Berry Punch?” Scootaloo asked. “What’s up with Rainbow Dash? She’s acting sorta… Weird.” She said, pausing as Rainbow Dash stood up and started wobbling back and forth a bit.

“Oh, she just isn’t feeling well right now.” Berry said. “I’ve seen how this little filly looks up to RD. I can’t tell her she’s been drinking. Nothing good can come of it.” “I’m just helping her home to get some rest.”

“Oh, okay.” Scootaloo said. “Her house is just up by that cloud there.” She said, pointing a hoof towards a large cloud in the distance. “I hope you feel better soon, Rainbow Dash.”

“Thank you very much.” Berry Punch said, putting a hoof around Rainbow Dash’s withers and leading her forward. “I’ll see you girls later. Get home and get to bed though. You shouldn’t be out this late.” She said as she walked away with Rainbow Dash in tow.

“Okay Berry Punch. We will.” All three of the CMC said simultaneously. They waited until the older ponies were out of earshot before turning back to each other.

“Okay, girls.” Scootaloo said. “That was weird, but let’s keep going.”

“Ah don’t know.” Applebloom said with a sigh. “Ah think ah’m all crusaded out fer tonight.”

“Yeah.” Sweetie Belle said, still wide eyed but a bit calmer. “I think we should head home and try to sleep now.”

“Oh, come on!” Scootaloo groaned. “We already decided that tonight would be our only chance to find him! We can’t go home empty hooved just because Rainbow Dash surprised you a bit.”

“Us?” Applebloom asked. “What about you?”

“Yeah.” Sweetie Belle said. “I think you screamed the loudest of all.”

“No way.” Scootaloo said, turning her nose up. “I wasn’t scared at all. You were imagining things.” She said, expecting a quick response from her friends. At the lack of sound though, she opened one eye to see if they were preparing to say something. Both of her friends wore wide-eyed expressions and their mouths were slightly agape. “Girls? What’s up?” She asked, turning her nose back down.


“Okay Rainbow Dash. This is as far as I can take you.” Berry Punch said as the two of them stopped just under a large cloud. “Do you think you can get up there alright?”

“No problem.” Rainbow Dash said with a small burp. “S’cuse me.” She said, blushing faintly.

“Okay then.” Berry Punch said. “I need to get back to the bar now, so just be safe, alright?”

“Yeah, yeah. I told you ish no problem.” Rainbow Dash said as she began flying straight up.

“Rainbow Dash, look out!” Berry Punch exclaimed just before Rainbow Dash flew through the bottom of the cloud, leaving a small hole in the center and slightly revealing the interior of her home.

“It’s all good!” Rainbow Dash shouted. “G’night Bear Puncher!”

“Good night, whoever you are!” A stallion replied from his bedroom window before dousing his light.

“It’s Berry Punch, but whatever.” Berry thought to herself with a chuckle as she turned away. “She’s gonna be in for one heck of a surprise when she wakes up tomorrow.” Berry said with giggle as she began walking back to the bar.

After walking a few blocks, Berry Punch heard a loud scream a bit further down. “What the?” She asked as she picked up her pace to see what was going on.

After rounding a few more corners, she ended up tripping over something small and fast. “AAH!” Berry yelped as she tumbled to the ground on top of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. “What the? I thought I said to-”

“There’s no time, Berry Punch!” Scootaloo exclaimed as she tried to struggle out from under the older pony. “He’s coming to take us away into the Everfree!”

“Hurry!” Applebloom shouted. “Ya gotta git up and run before he gets all of us!”

“Who are you talking about?” Berry asked as she got up. “Who’s going to take you to the Everfree Forest?”

“It’s Slendermane!” All three fillies shouted before screaming loudly enough to wake the dead.

“Girls, please!” Berry shouted with her ears folded back. “Calm down!”

“What seems to be the problem here?” An exotic voice asked from the shadows. “Why do you cry out in fear?” Zecora asked as she walked around the corner.

“Zecora! Zecora, we saw him!” Applebloom exclaimed as the CMC ran over to the zebra.

“Well, I’ll leave them with you I guess.” Berry Punch said. “I need to get back to work.” She said as she began walking away.

“Goodbye Berry Punch, and have a good night.” Zecora said before turning to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. “Now why don’t you tell me what gave you such a fright.”

“What was up with that?” Berry Punch wondered as her bar came into view. “Oh well. I’m sure it was nothing.” She said just before she heard a loud cheer come from inside the bar. Berry hesitated briefly at the door. “I swear to Celestia. If Happy Hour let the customers get out of control again, those fillies won’t be the only ponies screaming tonight.” She thought darkly as she pushed open the door and went inside.

Author's Note:

I know this chapter is short, and I know it's been a while. I've been kind of busy with life stuff recently, but hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things soonish. Anyways, there are a couple of things that I want to point out about this chapter.

This story is going to remain primarily light hearted. That said, no, this is not going to become a Slendermane story. I have one in mind though, and it briefly intersects with this story. Think of it as a sort of sneak peek. ;)

The CMC will not have a significant role in this story. At least not significant enough for me to justify adding them in the character tags. Same goes for Zecora. She might show up again briefly later, but not in any plot-essential way. I just love writing dialog for her. :P

Anyways, sorry again for the long wait. See you all next time I update!

Look forward to it!

Comments ( 1 )

Ah so it looks like next chapter will be RD waking up to a hangover and a hole in the floor.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment