• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 4,075 Views, 70 Comments

Dashie's Dates - Miinow



Rainbow dash unexpectedly gets stuck with soarin in her home and must take care of him while he is recovering from a broken wing. Slowly but surely, she begins to develop a romantic intrest in him

  • ...
4
 70
 4,075

The Library

Soarin poked door and it creaked open. Sticking his head inside, his jaw dropped and his eyes widened as he took in the scene. The room was ENORMOUS, it didn't even look like it should be able to fit in as part of Dash's house. Shelves and shelves of books were everywhere, up to the ceiling, covering the walls in a mishmash of color. On the far side of the room were two golden swirling staircase that lead halfway up the wall to a balcony one ending on one side, the other on the other. On the balcony was another small wooden door with a golden plaque reading, 'Dashie's Room'.

Soarin walked into the library and quietly closed the door behind him. The sound echoed throughout the room as he slowly stepped towards the two grand swirling staircases. Making his way up to the balcony, he came face to face with Rainbow Dash, who had been tip-toeing out of her room. She bumped her muzzle into his and fell backwards on her rump.

"Oof!" she groaned, rubbing her eyes and lashing her tail. "What the..." Her eyes widened as the locked with Soarin's.

"Oh! Wow um, hi..." she said nervously. "I see you found my library."

"I didn't know you liked reading so much Dash." Soarin laughed.

"Yeah..." Rainbow replied, shifting her eyes around the room like she wanted to escape the situation. "Ever since I read 'Daring Do and The Sapphire Stone' I've been a total egghead."

"Have you shown any of this to, um, the purple pony?" asked Soarin.

"Who, Twilight? No, she would probably explode if I showed her half of this, and anyways she still has difficulty flying." Dash answered, "I don't really want to anyways because she would try to steal them all one by one." the rainbow maned pegasus laughed. "Do you like to read?" she questioned.

"Yeah, but normally I only read adventure stories." He replied. "Can I... Take a look around?"

"Oh totally!" said Rainbow Dash, flying a loop-the-loop in the air and landing on the balcony railing. She pushed a large ladder towards Soarin. "Here, use this to get to the high shelves. Have fun exploring!" And with that, she flew into her room with a book she had randomly grabbed off the shelf, blushing furiously, and shut the door loudly.

"Um, ok." said Soarin confused as to why she was so embarrassed about reading. He walked over to the ladder and started browsing the highest shelf. "'A Young Filly's Guide to Cutie Marks', 'Equestrian Travels', 'Horns, wings, and all magical things'..." he read each book title out loud as he traveled across the shelf, his voice bouncing around the room. Squinting, he traced his hoof along the book spines, slowly making his way across the room.

"A ha!" he exclaimed. "'Daring Do and the Sapphire Stone'. This must be good if it made Dash into an... an egghead." he cringed at his own choice of words. Soarin slid down the ladder with the book in his hoof, and trotted over to a comfortable looking leather couch in a corner of the room that had a cute little wooden bedside table and lamp next to it. His hooves clacked loudly on the polished wooden floor as he jumped up onto the couch, which had been stuffed with clouds to keep it afloat. Shimmying in the chair to get comfortable, he let out a sigh as he began to read.

***

Soarin yawned. He had spent the whole day in Dashie's library, reading page after page and losing track of time. The wonderbolt rubbed his face with a hoof, trying to knock the blur out of his eyes.

"Maybe I should go check on Dash." he thought to himself. The blue pegasus lifted his body off the couch and trotted over to the staircase, lazily dragging his hooves up the steps.

"Hey Dash..." he yawned, creaking open her door. "You've been up here reading all day, what are you-"

"TALLY HO!" Rainbow Dash yelled, tumbling down from a mountain of books onto Soarin. The green, blue, and purple parts of her hair were pulled back in a ponytail and she had a red bandana around her neck, along with an eyepatch and a cardboard sword in her mouth.

"Woah hi Soarin!" she said happily. "Wanna play with us?"

"Us?" he asked. Looking around Rainbow he saw an orange filly with magenta mane that looked like it had been brushed with a bush. Her head poked out from the mound of books and grinned.

"Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed "Dash told me but i thought she was joking! Soarin the WONDERBOLT is here, in my house!" she jumped out of pile, giving a little fangirl squeal, then ran up to the stallion and hugged his leg.

"Oh hi!" answered Soarin. "You must be Scootaloo!"

Scoots let go of Soarin and backed away, her ears pinned back, mouth open, and eyes wide.

"You know my NAME?!" The orange pony jumped up in joy. "Oh my gosh this is so AWESOME! I have to go get the rest of the crusaders over here, this is amazing, oh wow I'll be right back!" Then the filly ran out of the room slamming the door behind her. Soarin turned to see Rainbow Dash laughing while facehoofing.

"Rest of the crusaders..?" the wonderbolt slowly asked.

Dash took a deep breath and let it out so she would stop laughing. "Yeah, Scoots has this little club with 3 other fillies. They call themselves the 'Cutie Mark Crusaders'. They run all over the place looking for their special talent so they can get their cutie marks."

Soarin sat down on the book pile. "So, who exactly is in this club?" he asked.

"Scoots, Babs-that's Applebloom's cousin, Applebloom, who is Applejack's sister, and Sweetiebelle, Rarity's sister. They are SO hard to keep occupied but really fun to play with all the same. And they destroy basically everything they touch. If they ever go into my mini art gallery I swear I'll-" Rainbow Dash made a strangling gesture with her hooves.

Soarin laughed. Seeing a pair of sunglasses sitting on her bedside table, Soarin snatched them and put them on, grinning. "They're mine now" he smirked. Spinning around as Dash tried to snatch them away as she giggled, he leaped into the air and-

WHUMP.

The pegasus plummeted to the ground, realizing his wing was broken and he still couldn't fly, and smacked his face against the ground in an almost cartoon-like manner.

"Like...A boss..." he wheezed, the breath knocked out of him.

Rainbow Dash laughed and grabbed the sunglasses from him, putting them on.

"I'm still 20% cooler."

Author's Note:

SCOOTALOO! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I tried to make it longer than usual. As always, post a comment or leave a like if you enjoyed, if you didn't tell me why and I'll try to change in future chapters. If you see any errors please leave a comment with it in there. Thanks, till next time!

Comments ( 43 )

scootaloo for the win :scootangel:

I love this chapter SOOOOOOOO much! :rainbowkiss:I LOVE how you had Scootaloo meet Soarin! Especially of who you said Scootaloo hugged Soain's leg! Wish I could actually see that! I will die of over-whelming cuteness!:scootangel:

Well.

Dash told me but i thought she was joking

"Oh my gosh this is so AWESOME! I have to go get the rest of the crusaders over here, this is amazing, oh wow I'll be right back!"

Here, the bolded part should be one small sentence. It just doesn't look right. It may just be me. I dunno.
Again, you should really find an editor *cough cough me cough cough* Anyways, I enjoyed the chapter, quite short though.

A good chapter! I love all the simple bits with Scoots in it but, they could be a bit longer chapters....

Comment posted by Miinow deleted Sep 15th, 2013

3205654 You should probably remove that email and pm me :/

Lol the book mountain

ten thumbs up bro, also. wait nope, all is well

This story is awesome :rainbowkiss:

3208126 glad you think so :pinkiehappy:

3208178 hell yeah Scootaloo Soarin and Rainbow Dash the perfect three

I love this SO much....:pinkiehappy:

3209605 Glad you enjoy the story! :rainbowkiss:

when will we see an update please :unsuresweetie:

3233466 IM SO SORRY ABOUT NOT UPDATING YET! :raritycry: i have LOADS of homework and projects so i had to put this to the side for a bit. :pinkiesad2: i think my teachers are trying to break me... :trixieshiftright: i will try to update soon, i promise :twilightblush:

3257339 ok thanks for the answer :scootangel:

Oh, Scoot... :scootangel:

Nice story!!! But when's the next chapter coming out?:pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

3395841 :fluttercry: in a long time.... I have too much going on at the moment to focus on this, but don't worry i have half of the chapter written down at the moment, i just havent published it :unsuresweetie:

3439076
it's okay, nothing to worry about

MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:flutterrage:::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:
:pinkiecrazy:::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:
pretty please:fluttercry::pinkiesad2::raritycry::raritydespair::pinkiesad2::

Comment posted by Wingstream deleted Jan 29th, 2014

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiecrazy::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiecrazy::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:
princess demand it :trollestia:

Comment posted by KittenLoverPink deleted Dec 23rd, 2013

3552989 ive finally gotten around to writing more! i'll try to get it here soon :)

3668581 it's coming, it's coming!

When is the next chap

(Line from httyd) hiccup : this is amazing!
Please make the next chapter

This is so awesome can't wait for the new chap

I can't wait for the new chapter.:pinkiehappy: When will you update?:rainbowhuh:

Rainbow Dash laughed and grabbed the sunglasses from him, putting them on.
"I'm still 20% cooler."

Because some peop-- PONIES are better the way they are :pinkiesmile: :twilightsmile:

this is so awesooooooooooooooooooooom :rainbowkiss:

I'm exited to see the next chapter

Soooo... Is.. this story dead?

Please continue!!!
This story is SO AWESOME! :rainbowkiss:

What needs to change is you not continuing this story!!!:fluttershysad:

When’s the next chapie?

Login or register to comment