• Published 12th Sep 2013
  • 3,696 Views, 30 Comments

A Blooming Diamond: Even Diamonds Can be Broken - PastelBacon



Apple Bloom hated one particular filly. After a tragic event in Apple Bloom's life the one she hated showed and told her something she'd never quite forget.

  • ...
15
 30
 3,696

Chapter 6: (S1 Finale) Goodbye: Friend & Crusader No More

Scootaloo walked down the dirt road to Sweet Apple Acres, it'd been a few days since she'd seen Applebloom and Sweetie Belle, she had been afraid to show her face again so soon after she no-showed Granny Smith's funeral, however she had seen Rarity and got Rarity to Permit Sweetie Belle to be over at Sweet Apple Acres for the day, knowing Sweetie Belle would immediately tell Applebloom.

Meanwhile....

Sweetie Belle and Applebloom looked around, Sweetie had come down to the Sweet Apple Acres Farm and told Applebloom about Scootaloo and that she said she'd be here.

"It's been 3 hours... she's not even coming..." Applebloom said.

"No, she'll be here, Rarity said so!" Sweetie Replied.

"Ugh.... ah'm tired Sweetie.... ah barely had any sleep last night..." Applebloom groaned.

"Why?" Sweetie asked, wondering.

"Because ah Miss Granny... ah never met any of my other parents.... not grandad... not my mother... or my father... on top of that, the only one ah got to meet, but now ah know ah never got to say goodbye... to any of em!" Applebloom said, her voice shrieking a bit at the end.

"Oh...." Sweetie replied, now feeling sad she'd caused Applebloom to feel even worse

"Wait! There she is!" Sweetie Squeaked, having looked up after a moment of silence between the two fillies, and she saw Scootaloo.

"Scoots!" Applebloom yelled, she was happy to see Scootaloo after a few days, despite the fact Scootaloo had no-showed Granny Smith's funeral.

"Scootaloo!" yelled a still squeaky Sweetie Belle.

"Hey...." Scootaloo quietly said.

"You ok?" Applebloom asked, while Sweetie again just immediately went from a smile to a frown again.

"...." Scootaloo only stood there.

"Scoots..?" Applebloom asked, worried about her orange friend.

"Listen... there's something I need to say... I've been feeling this way for a while, and it got really bad when I decided to not come to your funeral just because I'm not for those kind of things... but what I realized that also really I'm not cut out for all of this...."

"All of what...?" Sweetie asked.

A long pause of silence, nearly 3 whole minutes before Scootaloo Spoke up Again

"You two. You're both great. You'll go high places. Not by Flying. Now look into my eyes as I say this, because I don't want you to even attempt to talk me out of it. It'll only make things worse." Scootaloo replied, a tear coming from her eye.

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle, looked into Scootaloo's eyes, and immediately realized that whatever she was going to say, she really couldn't be talked out of it, no matter how bad it may be

"I don't like lovey dovey stuff and things like that... that's fine. But that really has no reason for why I shouldn't have attended Granny Smith's funeral. I just used it as an excuse.. If I could go back and change my decision before it happened I would. But I can't. So with that said...." Scootaloo paused for a moment picking up a box and sliding it Applebloom.

"That box has all of my Cutie Mark Crusader things in it. I'm officially done as a Cutie Mark Crusader. " Scootaloo said, looking back at her scooter she'd parked at the entrance of the farm, knowing she was more than likely going to have to make a break for it to get away from Applebloom and Sweetie Belle."

"B-b-" Sweetie was cut off before she could even usher that single word.

"That's not all... after this... I don't know friendship like I thought I did... that's why this is goodbye... not as just a Crusader... but as a friend... goodbye Cutie Mark Crusaders. It was nice to know you Applebloom, and you as well Sweetie Belle... but no more. I'm sorry."

Applebloom and Sweetie immediately jaw dropped in shock, but before they could say anything, Scootaloo ran towards her scooter, she'd actually never taken her helmet off, the two fillies began to chase after in her own terms, their former friend and cutie mark crusader

"Scootaloo wait!!" Sweetie yelled, her voice cracking.

"Scoots please don't leave! We aren't the same without you!" Applebloom yelled next, who was already tearing up a bit.

Scootaloo looked back at them for a moment

"Sorry... but it's final." Scootaloo said, a tear falling, and she got on her Scooter.

Quickly Sweetie tried to get to Scootaloo to stop her before she could get away, but Scootaloo took off right before Sweetie could catch her, causing Sweetie to fall on her stomach, and Sweetie simply looked up as Scootaloo scootered out of sight, tears immediately dwelling and she began crying loudly.

Applebloom walked up next to Sweetie, she'd been unable to try to stop Scootaloo like Sweetie did, because she was too in shock to move for that while, and she layed down wrapping her hooves around sweetie, hugging her, but Sweetie kept crying as she began to talk.

"W-We j-just l-lost o-our f-friend..." Sweetie brokenly said, she was crying very badly, and couldn't stop crying, but she eventually got up.

"I-I need to go home.. I'll see you tomorrow Applebloom..." Sweetie said, sniffling in between almost each word, struggling to even put together a proper sentence due to her crying, before walking off.

Apple Bloom was unable to say anything while Sweetie left, she was too sad, after Sweetie Left, she looked at the clubhouse, and instead of going in the farm, she went up into the clubhouse and laid on the floor, crying her eyes out with her hooves over her head

"F-F-First G-Granny S-Smith... n-n-now S-S-coot..aloo...." Appleblom barely managed to say in her tears, before she just curled into a ball and cried even more than she did on Granny Smith's funeral day, tears still from that day coming out, added with the new ones that now formed from her losing one of her two best friends.






|=End Final Chapter=|

Comments ( 7 )

There is only one flaw I found with this story. And fixing this flaw could dramatically increase it's popularity (and subsequently the length as well).

The Style.

While the story itself had a good premise, and the characters sorta went along with how they are portrayed in show, the lack of style to help flesh out the story made it a very dry read. A rewrite is essentially what this story needs.

5374334 its spread out over 3 stories, this one was more introductory.

5374366 Well if that's the case, then it most definitely needs a bit more fleshing out on "the detail of what's happening" at the least. Seriously dude, certain spots in the last few chapters looked like they belonged in an outline for the story, rather than the story itself. Most specifically, those italicized sentences that just told the reader what happened, rather then describe what happened in a way that catches their attention. Introductions are meant to be catchy, and the following story should hold that attention, even when split into three "books".

5374453 I'll see what I can do, but I'm mostly focused on the second story. If you give me feedback on that one instead I may be able to do it a bit faster, But I will try to fix this one too.

5374681 Sorry but you might just wanna go and read story two before you expect this one to be updated. Story 2 is my main focus, I'll get back to this one when I have time.

5374681 her funeral also never happened in chapter 1. that was a flashback to diamond and silver spoon having a fall out. Chapter 3 is where she dies, and Chapter 4 is the funeral.

Login or register to comment