• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 476 Views, 0 Comments

Another Love Story - FaelaArts



Twilight and Fluttershy bond over peace. Rarity and Rainbow Dash bond over their own competitiveness. Applejack and Pinkie Pie bond over their understanding of each other. Will romance come from these friends? Will it last?

  • ...
11
 0
 476

A new day.

“Come on Spike, it’s Dewey not decimal! I can’t believe you don’t already know this.” Twilight snatched the book from Spike and placed in it’s proper place with a solid thunk, and nodded in satisfaction. Returning to work, her words faded into the backdrop of the library as another busy reshelving continued, only slightly hindered by a baby dragon.

“Yeah yeah, I heard you the first time,” mumbled Spike as he picked up another book, only to have Twilight take it from his claw before he could. Realising he wouldn’t be allowed to help after his ‘fatal mistake,’ he headed into the kitchen to start preparing lunch. It would be noon soon and with the big fair in town only the quietest of ponies would even think of coming here.

“I’ll get it Spike,” shouted Twilight from the main room. Spike frowned, he hadn’t even heard a knock. Peering around the corner, mixing bowl in hand as he stirred the mixture, he saw it was Fluttershy that had knocked. It didn’t surprise him.

Most of the animals were out in the forest preparing for hibernation and the fair was close to her home. Fluttershy had tried to explain it would interrupt the animal’s natural cycle. But after two days of nothing happening she had realised the animals were used to ponies camping on the field. Now the only problem was that she wasn’t used to this much sound during the hours of the day.

“Don’t worry Fluttershy, you can stay as long as you like.” Twilight’s voice snapped Spike out of his daze, and he walked back into the kitchen to continue making lunch.

“T-Thanks Twilight. I’m just not used to so much noise during the day. It’s nice to have somewhere quiet to come and relax.” Twilight glanced to Fluttershy as she grabbed one of the cushions and sat down, getting comfortable. Turning back to her chores she quickly finished them faster then she would normally do so. It would be rude to keep Fluttershy waiting while she paused to remember the memories associated with each book. As she finished placing the final book away, she saw Spike come in with lunch, and heard her stomach growl a command.

“Thanks Spike, you always know what I need.” Sitting down with the two of them, Twilight sipped her juice with guilty pleasure. It was part of the last batch for this month, and was by far the juiciest yet. Glancing to Spike, she watched as he wolfed down his food before gazing to her.

“Twilight, do you mind if I go down and see Rarity for a while? I heard she’s going looking for gems.” Spike’s enthusiasm was twofold, and Twilight suppressed her desire to chuckle.

“Sure Spike, go enjoy yourself.” Twilight’s words were out of her mouth before she realised the dragon had already vanished. She gave a chuckle, and began talking politely with Fluttershy.

“So how is Angel going? The little furball giving you as much trouble as normal?”


“Hey Rarity, are you in there?” Spike knocked gently on the door as he spoke, rocking back and forth on his feet as he waited. He could taste the gems, and being with Rarity for a while would be like a two for one deal on at the jewellery dealer.

“Oh hello Spike, I wasn’t expecting you today.” Rarity opened the door and let Spike in, folding up a piece of fabric and putting it in a wicker basket.

“Well I heard you were going looking for gems, and I was wondering if I could tag along.” Spike rocked back and forth on his feet again, smiling expectantly.

“I’m sorry darling but something’s come up.” Rarity glanced toward the basket with a guilty look. Spike stopped rocking back and forth and frowned.

“Sweetie Belle and her friends want to go watch Rainbow Dash race in a competition at the fair, and I have to go and keep an eye on them.” As if on cue, three screaming fillies tumbled down the stairs.

“Yeah ok, maybe another time.” Spike saw Rarity shoot him a quick smile, before going to scold the three. He let himself out the door with a solemn sigh.

“Come on Spike, don’t be a downy dumps be a smiley grumps! No wait…” Spike felt a small smile rise onto his face as Pinkie Pie tried to find a Pinkie Pie way to say cheer up.

“Hey Pinkie, what are you doing away from the shop?” At Spike’s words, Pinkie paused and pointed in the direction of the outskirts of town.

“Oh yeah! I’m meeting Applejack to see if I can borrow some apples to make some apple cupcakes for my bestest best friends.” Pinkie Pie began bouncing with glee, and Spike gave a chuckle, it was just like Pinke.

“Well ok Pinkie Pie. I guess I’ll head back to the library and check if Twilight needs me for something.” Spike turned and was about to make his way toward the library, when suddenly he fell into a pool of pink.

“Nooo you can’t do that. Spikey Wikey’s gotta come and have some fun with Pinkey Winkey.” Pinkie giggle as Spike grimaced.

“Don’t call me that, that’s Rarity’s name for me…” Spike’s mopey tone only seemed to make Pinkie more amused, and he knew there was no escaping her clutches now.

“Ok Pinkie, lets go then.”


Pinkie Pie watched as Applejack walked out of the barn with Big Mac, and Granny Smith. She was relaxed and in no real hurry, and she often paused to ensure Granny was keeping up.

“Hi there Pinkie, what brings you all the way out here?” Applejack watched Spike jump off Pinkie’s back and wave a greeting.

Pinkie Pie grinned, “I’m making cupcakes and I was wondering if you have any of your scrumdidilly good apples I could use? Half a dozen should do fine.”

“Well, we do have one tree with ripe apples but we were planning on saving them because…Well..” Applejack looked to Granny Smith with worry, but was quickly shrugged off.

“Well sure we can give em some of our apples. The tree’s got plenty, it can lose a few to help your friend out.” Applejack opened her mouth to say something, but once again Granny Smith stopped her.

“Look here deary, ah know the tree is special, but I’m sure they would rather you use their apples on friends and family than let them go to waste, an you know it.” Applejack glanced to Granny Smith sadly, but sighed and pulled a shaky smile onto her face.

“Ah know, ah know. You’re right, they wouldn’t let good apples go ta waste. Come on Pinkie, let’s go buck em loose.” Applejack began walking up the hill toward the lone apple tree still bearing ripe fruit.

“Spike, go help Granny an Big Mac set up the juicer. You can take some with ya to Twilight’s.” As Applejack commanded, Spike went with the two to set up the juicer. Applejack and Pinkie walked up the hill and looked to the tree. Applejack gave a mournful sigh.

“Do you miss them?” Pinkie Pie gazed at the tree without a smile, a rare event. She understood this was hard for Applejack, and knew jokes would only hurt the situation, not help it.

“Yes, Ah miss em very much.” Applejack didn’t need to say anymore, Pinkie put a hoof around her neck and hugged her gently. Applejack smiled sadly, and gave a weak laugh.

“Granny Smith told me a lot about them. An this tree meant a lot to them. Wanna know why?” Pinkie Pie didn’t answer, she didn’t need to. Applejack was in her own world at the moment, lost in her memories.

“It was where he proposed to her. It wasn’t anything fancy nor was there a ring. He simply brought her to the top of the hill where most of Sweet Apple Acers could be seen and bucked an apple from the tree. He gave it a rub, got down on his knees and offered it an said ‘you’re the woman I want to spend my life working the fields with.’ It was as simple as that in their minds.” Applejack fell silent, and her smile faded. Pinkie Pie didn’t let go of Applejack, holding her friend while she let out a little of the pain she kept concealed.

“I wonder if they’d be proud of me…” Applejack felt herself be turned and locked eyes with Pinkie, who was staring at her intently, and very seriously.

“Of course they are silly. They’ve got an honest loving daughter who would never leave a friend when they need help. Not to mention the fact you’ve saved the world a bazillion times.” Applejack felt a smile touch her face, and felt the cold air turn slightly warmer as a tear rolled down her cheek. Pinkie quickly wiped it away and pilled her friend into a hug. It was not the time for jokes, nor tricks or pranks. Sometimes to get a smile, you just need to be there when they need you.

“Thanks Pinkie, you’re a true friend.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment