• Published 26th Aug 2013
  • 514 Views, 3 Comments

The Pony Zone Part 1 - nutcase4real



Rainbow now has some questions, can naps be bad, can dreams be real, and can she not lose her sanity in... THE PONY ZONE.

  • ...
 3
 514

Forty Winks

You unlock a door, with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another diminsion. A diminsion of friendship. A diminsion of magic. A diminsion of ponies. Your moving into a land of both mythology and fact, of chivalry and humbleness. You've just crossed over into...

The Pony Zone

Picture, if you will, a citizen of this diminsion, with a rainbow for a mane and tail, flying around with the wings of a bird, over an ordinary community of this diminsion. Soon she will be landing, after a day of helping control the weather. She will go on with her day, commuinicate with her friends, eat some food, and go to her home in the sky. These are the things that are suppose to happen everyday.

Rainbow Dash landed with a thud. She looked around and saw nopony at the stalls, which didn't bother her much, since it was getting late.

'Their probuly just closed for the day.', she thought gingerly to herself.

She walked over to Sugarcube Corner and knocked on the door axiously awaiting her friend Pinkie Pie to open the door and allow her entrance. She knocked again and again, until finally she heard a voice from inside.

"Come on in.", the voice beckoned.

She opened the door to see her friend Pinkie Pie sweeping the floor.

"Why'd I have to knock so many times?", she asked her friend.

"I didn't hear you cause I was in the kitchen."

"So Pinkie, how much longer till your ready to leave? We have to get to Twilight's sleepover soon.", she pointed out to her friend.

"Oh I'll be ready to lock up very soon Dashie!", Pinkie excitedly reported.

Rainbow waited on her friend to finish up, and the two of them walked over to the library, which also housed their friend Twilight. As the two approached the door they heard some commotion inside. Pinkie knocked on the door with the extra enthusiasm she always seemed to have. They were greeted by their friend Twilight, who informed them that the other guests had already arrived.

"So Pinkie, darling, how were things at the bakery this morning?", Rarity asked.

"Oh, just great! I got to eat, and sell, a lot of sweets today!"

"And Rainbow, what's the weather going to be like for the next few days?" Rarity continued.

"Well, it's going to be sunny for the next three days, but on the fourth it's suppose to rain.", she reported to her friends.

"Good! The apples need the rain!", Applejack exclaimed.

Rainbow Dash put it on her to do list, to make sure the apple orchard recieved a fair amount of rain, when the storm was planned to begin. The friends conversed back and forth for most of the night, played some games, and even told ghost stories (much to the dismay of Fluttershy). All in all the sleepover was a huge success.

The next morning the friends bid each other farewell, and went their seperate ways. Rainbow Dash took to the air to rid the sky of unnecessary clouds, which were always a nuisance to her, even though, breaking them up was easy work. She blasted through the clouds and landed back at her place.

She went into her bedroom determined to take a nap. She slept peacefully. She had a dream about being in the Wonderbolts, performing in front of a rather large crowd, and wowing them with her moves. She awoke during the parade that was being thrown for her in her home town of Cloudsdale. She had a small smile on her lips as she made her way to the bathroom. While she was leaving the restroom she caught a glance of the mirror. She turned around and stared in horror at what she saw.

'THAT'S NOT MY FACE!', her mind screamed.

Frantically she began making gestures at the mirror and the reflection copied them to perfection. The face she was staring at was old and ragged. The mane on this pony was grey and unkept. The eyes were almost yellow in color and the wrinkles that covered the face seemed to be deep and nonending.

She looked down at her body and it was the same thing she saw in the mirror! Everything was old and worn out. She began to hypervenilate from this cruel trick her eyes were playing on her.

'Wait! I must still be asleep!', she thought to herself.

She lifted her now ancient hoof and smacked herself in the face as hard as she could.

"OW!", she exclaimed while rubbing her face. "That hurt."

'Wait! If that hurt then...'

She stopped her train of thought there. There was no way that this was real.

'One of my friends must have played a prank on me.", she thought to herself.

"Pinkie Pie.", Rainbow Dash muttered under her breath.

She slowly made her way to the front door and walked outside. She streched out her wings and prepared to take off. She made her way as fast as possible to Sugarcube Corner where she had met with her friend yesterday.

She walked inside to find an old pink mare working at the cash register.

'When did the Cakes' hire another pony?' Rainbow Dash thought to heself.

"Excuse me mam', but can you tell me where I can find my friend Pinkie Pie?", she asked the old mare, secretly fearing that the old pink mare when keel over before giving her an answer.

"Well you're in luck cause that's me.", the old mare stated.

"Pinkie?" Rainbow Dash asked with a hint of fear in her voice.

"That's my name, don't ware it out!", the older Pinkie replied.

"Pinkie, what happened here?" Rainbow asked.

"What do you mean?", Pinkie asked.

"Yesterday we were at a sleep over with Twilight, Pinkie! We were young! I take a nap, and when I wake up I'm old!", Rainbow explained while on the verge of a mental break down.

"Who are you?", Pinkie asked in a quizical tone.

"Pinkie! It's me! Rainbow Dash!", Rainbow said feeling a little hurt.

The much older Pinkie Pie just stood there staring at Rainbow Dash with a look on her face that showed just how hard she was thinking, as if she was trying to remember something. Suddenly her face brighten, and her eyes grew wide.

"Rai...Rainbow Dash? Is it really you Dashie?", Pinkie asked in a trembling voice.

"Yes Pinkie! It's me! What happened to us?" Rainbow asked.

"You disappear for forty years, and you ask me what has happened?", Pinkie asked with teary eyes.

"Forty years? Pinkie, what are you talking about?" Rainbow asked as her knees began to shake.

"Forty years ago, this day, you just disappeared. You didn't tell us where you had gone. You didn't leave a note or anything. You just disappeared."

Rainbow's knees finally gave out and she fainted, falling to the floor. When she came to, she saw several faces surrounding her own.

"She said what, darling?"

"She said that our last sleepover together was yesterday."

"Oh my."

"She could have suffered from amnesia."

"What's that?"

"It's when you can't remember anything, your name, your family, nothing."

"But she remebers now."

"Yes. Something could have happened to force her to remember, like a tramatic event, a bump on the head, ect."

"Oh!"

Rainbow Dash sat up the best she could. She looked around at the five ponies that were surrounding her bed in the hospital room that she was in. The faces she saw were strange yet familiar at the same time. She began to sob when she came to the realization that these ponies were her friends.

"What happened?", Rainbow Dash asked between her sobs.

"Oh, well, you had a pretty nasty fall in Sugarcube Corner.", an older Fluttershy said.

"No! I mean why are we so old? We were young yesterday! What happened?"

"Oh I'm sorry, I thought..." the rest of what Fluttershy said wasn't audible, for her voice was to low to be heard.

"Darling, it's been forty years, not just one day.", Rarity said.

"I'm telling you guys! All I did was lie down to take a nap, and when I woke up I was old!", Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

Her friends exchanged uneasy glances with one another. They began to whisper to one other and finally Twilight walked over to Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow we think it might be good for you to talk to a doctor."

"What?"

"Maybe the doctor can help you, Rainbow Dash. You obviously need some help."

Rainbow Dash reluctantly agreed to talk to a doctor. The doctor that spoke with her seemed very nice, he listened, and he tried his best to understand Rainbow's predicament. After Rainbow Dash had finished explaining what had happened the doctor continued to write on his notepad. He excused himself from the room and walked out. After a while a pony wearing an all white outfit appeared in the room.

"Miss Dash? Miss Dash? My name is Buck Trotson and I'm here to take you to your new home."

Rainbow Dash arched her eyebrow, "New home?", she asked quizically.

"Yes mam'. Dr. Sterile suggests that you stay with us for a while."

Upon hearing this Rainbow Dash broke into tears.

"I'm not crazy! I'm not crazy! I really did take a nap and when I woke up everything and everypony was older! I'M NOT CARZY!"

A nap is normally a good thing, something that can refresh you and keep you ready for the day. A nap is a simple pleasure that can be enjoyable or terrifying in...

The Pony Zone

Comments ( 3 )

please make more i want to see way this story will be going and i love it

3110491It's supposed to resemble the black and white tv series "The Twilight Zone" it's not supposed to stick with one story. It will have multiple stories with twisted endings. This one I have to give a like. I really enjoyed it

3110789 ok and i really enjoyed it to i also give it a like to

Login or register to comment