• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 519 Views, 16 Comments

A Not so Perfect Childhood - KRissCHu573



This fic continues The Tale of an Exile, telling the story of Rain Sight's training within Dominion Intelligence.

  • ...
0
 16
 519

Chapter 5: Final Examination

*8 and a half years later*

Through the years, the cadets had build up a good amount of self awareness, thanks to commander Fleming's sense of humor. He would often put them through an exercise which would have proven lethal, but in the end everyone was alright. However, he was not always playing jokes, and on occasion ponies died. Not knowing what was enstore for them, the cadets took everything seriously and did their best, following the moto 'Better safe than sorry.'.

As time passed, the class got split apart. Two years from the first day, after the unicorns had began to show promise in their use of magic, all of them were removed from the class and sent to a different part of the facility, where some of the best ghosts the DI had on world trained them in their art. Three years later, the pegasi were taken away for piloting training and aerial combat outside of a ship, leaving the earth pony cadets to more endurance building and martial combat training. The three groups were probably never going to see each other, unless they randomly passed by in the facility, or were assigned to the same missions.

The earth pony group had pretty much mastered the use of almost any weapon the Dominion had to offer, as well as its maintenance. Currently they were in the middle of the 'King of the Ring' contest which took part every few months, after they were separated from the pegasi. The cadets weren't hurting in the regard of not fighting the other pony species, because commander Fleming would either arrange for pegasi and unicorn agents to come and go toe to toe with the cadets, giving them a feeling for fighting the others, or he himself would go down, and bust some heads when he was bored.

The contest was pretty simple. All of the cadets were gathered on benches around a ring, and two of them would step in and spar, until one was knocked out or gave up. After that, the victor would have a new opponent in the face of anyone who wanted to step in. The current holder of the title was a dark brown colt with a black mane going by the name of Andre. He was really big for his age, towering a head over his class mates, and outweighing them with at least twenty pounds, but in fat, but pure muscle. He had held on to the tile five times in a row, and once he got in the ring, next to no one dared to go in against him. Currently he was barraging another yellow colt with punches.

Rain Sight wasn't very interested in that competition, so she rarely partook in it, and after one or two victories threw the towel and returned to the bench. Luckily, due to her staying out of anyone's way, and just sitting quietly with herself, had helped her not become a target for the rest of the class. They were not very fond of her or anything, they just didn't bother with her, while their negative attitude had been directed towards Andre.

Both inside and outside of the ring, the colt was a bully in every aspect of the word, but because he had in a way established dominance over the class, no one really tried to do something about it. If there was anything the Confederate filly had in common with the rest of her peers it was distain towards the large colt, only hers came from the fact that he annoyed her, not from picking on her, not that that had not happened before.

Andre was behind his opponent. He had grabbed both of his arms, and pulled them in opposite directions behind the yellow colt's back.

"Who's your daddy?" He smugly taunted.

"You! You are!" The colt yelled from pain, hoping that the giant would let him go.

And so he did. The black colt kicked his opponent in the back, sending him out of the ring, before saying.

"And don't forget it."

During that, Rain had leaned against a wall, listening to a song on the player her dad had gotten her. As he walked back in the middle of the ring, Andre rose his hands in the air and loudly enquired.

"Come on! Don't any of you have the balls to get in here?!"

After receiving no response, he continued to rant about his greatness, not realizing he was interrupting a certain filly's playlist. Everyone's patience had limits, and Rain felt that hers had hit. She took off the headphones, tied the cable around the player and left it on the bench, after which she stood up and addressed the colt with obvious irritation in her voice.

"Won't you shut up already!"

That caught everyone's attention, making them turn around and stare at her. When he focused his gaze on her, Andre sneered and spoke.

"Oh look, the confederate bitch can talk. If you want me to shut up, come here and make me!" He stated loudly.

"That was my intention." She replied in a quiet cold tone.

"Oooh, the little cunt thinks she's scary." The colt continued to taunt as Rain made her way to the ring, everyone stepping to the side, making way for her to pass.

As she entered, a wall of shocked eyes gazed at her, but she paid no attention to them, focusing on her opponent. Everything from cheap shots to knock outs was allowed. The only restraints were that you couldn't use a anything but the precision set, and you couldn't kill your opponent. The two combatants took up their stances and began to circle the ring, eyes locked at each other. The colt flashed her a smile, before smugly saying.

"How about this, I won't beat you too much and later you can come by my room, and I'll show you what a real stallion looks like?"

Rain Sight put on a smirk of her own and replied.

"I thought the commander didn't allow Best flank a mare can get magazines on campus."

That made a good number of the spectators let out a laugh. Andre didn't take that as lightly. He grimaced and charged at his opponent, going for a straight right. She made a step to her left, dodging the punch, and landed two quick jabs under his shoulder. Her hits stung, but mainly because her hands were made of metal. The colt would clobber her in an open brawl. In order to win she would have to mix what she had learned in the past years.

In martial combat was, that a larger opponent may be strong and durable, but has lower stamina. And in seduction classes she had learned that stallions with a great ego tend to become really angry, really quickly, and anger was a great drain on stamina. She quickly formulated a plan in her head. All she had to do was dodge his attacks, using her superior speed and agility, while dishing out some of her own, that combined with the colt's great ego and humiliation from being outplayed by a filly would really piss him off. And after he was tired down, she would go in for the kill.

Still she had to survive until that happend. Andre whirled, lifting his foot high in attempt to slam it in Rain's head, but she dropped on the ground, and made a scissor like movement with her legs on the only appendage the colt was using for balance, toppling him to the ground. She quickly got up, landing a swift kick to his side. The colt grunted, his eyes burning with rage. He stood up, and started to fire hits at his opponent like a gatling.

It was hard for Rain to dodge, because some of the incoming attacks were just meant to distract, while others came from the other side, so she had to resort to blocking as well. Andre began to take more breaths than he did before, his barrage slowing down. That’s when the filly saw her chance. After blocking a slow punch, she shot one of her own.

She noticed a smile creeping on the colt's face, but it was too late to react. He grabbed her arm, swung his opponent around before slamming her on the floor. Apparently the guy wasn't just muscle since he had managed to see through her strategy, and only pretended to be fully exhausted. Still he was pretty drained after the last couple of moves.

Rain Sight rolled on her back, to see that Andre had lifted both of his fists, which he brought down. Before he could hit her, she slid underneath his legs, grabbing his hands, faceplanting the colt on the floor, his body weigh falling on top of his arms. When she was on the other side, she quickly grabbed both of his legs, and forced his lower body into a back bend, while placing one foot on the ground for support and the other, on the colt's neck.

Everyone starred with mouths agape as the bully yowled in pain and bit the dust. Rain pressed more, after which her opponent shouted.

"I give! I give! Let go of me!"

"I will, but first I have a question for you." She calmly said.

"What is it?!" The colt yelled.

The filly's expressionless face was colored by a sinister smirk as she gave her question.

"Who's your daddy?"

The crowd let out a collective gasp, not believing where she was going. Suddenly someone from the back yelled.

"OH BURN!"

"Are you serious right now?!" The pinned colt shouted.

Rain pressed him down harder, making him yowl again, before saying.

"Answer the question."

"You! You are!" He yelled.

"And don't forget it." She finished before letting him go.

The filly then proceeded to exit the ring, but before she did, Andre got up behind her. He rushed to land a punch on her, but before he could, she whirled, landing a high kick in his face, knocking him out. After that she turned around and walked to the bench where she had left her player. She picked it up, and was about to put on the headphones, when she noticed that everyone was staring at her.

"What?" She casually asked.

In reply she received only silence. Suddenly someone started to slowly clap, followed by another, until the purple filly could hear a chorus of clapping ponies. A shy smile colored her face. It felt good to receive something else from your peers than just insults and threats.


__________________________________________________________________________


"Oh the burn!" Moonraker exclaimed as he observed what was happening from the observatory room.

If not anything, the filly had managed to greatly amuse him. In his ecstasy he allowed something to slip from his mouth.

"That's my girl!"

A cough, which emanated from behind him, ended his happy rant.

"Err- I mean, your girl." He said, trying to make a save on the situation.

He turned around to face Karn.

"Your jester act is not as amusing as you might think." The unicorn said coldly.

"Whoa, why the hostility bro? We're both on the same team here." The pegasus put on an expression which indicated he was in deep thought for a moment, before saying. "Yeah we are...in a pretty twizzled way we are."

That obviously did not have the desired effect, as the older stallion continued to glare daggers at the commander. Moonrakers face turned into a deadpan as he enquired.

"So what? You're gonna stick around and watch how things develop until the end?"

"I have free time. And I would really like to be around, in case I don't like what I see, to have 'something' to express my displeasure on." Karn replied in a stern tone.

"Ouch...that hurt." The red stallion muttered to himself, before addressing his company. "Well as you can clearly see, there aren't any problems what so ever. Besides they're done for the day, so why don't you go tell your daughter good night or something."

The unicorn simply gruffed, before vanishing in a cloud of black smoke. Once sure he was alone, Moonraker activated his earpiece and spoke.

"Tell high command to find a way to keep agent Karn'Aaziim out of the academy's premises for the next six months. Use any non-lethal and non-intoxicating means necessary, just keep him busy and away. I need free space to work the cadets for the final exam, and I can't do that with that guy breathing down my neck." He finished, ending the transmission.

Then the commander turned around to look at the leaving cadets, a proud grin coloring his face.


__________________________________________________________________________


The day had gone peacefully, and Rain Sight just wanted to get some shut eye. However, that idea left her mind once she entered her room. Inside, next to her dinner, she saw a small pile of books. She picked one up and read the heading out loud.

"'Everything the Dominion knows about zerg: Tome I'" 'Pff, the guy who thought of that heading must be very shallow and unimaginative.' She thought.

She laid on her bed and started to go through the books.


__________________________________________________________________________


*the next day*

After the routine for the first half of the day was done, the cadets were gathered in the meeting room. There, the commander began to give them instructions about today's training.

"Alright guys, we've known each other for a while now, and I think you guys are ready to begin preparations for your final exam."

"But sir, haven't we been doing that all this time?" Someone from the crowd asked.

"Close." The commander said, before continuing. "In a way, all of this time you have been trained to not instantly die in the last months of training."

Multiple murmurs could be heard amongst the ponies. The smirk Moonraker had put on made them unsure if he was serious about the danger, or if it was another one of his tricks.

"And what exactly is this pre-final exam training?" Someone enquired.

The stallion put on a toothy grin, before replying.

"Live fire. You will be spread in teams of five, and you will have to go up against living targets, which in turn can kill you as well."


__________________________________________________________________________


After finishing with his instruction, commander Fleming sent the cadets away. They were split into teams of five, and were put into different chambers. The floors of the said chambers were made of actually dirt and soil. Inside there were several platforms, each on a different height, which led to a single platform embedded in the wall. There were doors at both of sides of the entire room, one was the one from which the cadets entered, and the other was the one they deducted the live targets would come. On the floor, from the side of the cadets, were five boxes.

Then a screen on a wall turned on, showing Moonraker, who addressed all of the cadets.

'You will find the parts for a weapon, randomly selected for you, in each box. Your goal is to assemble the weapons, and take down the targets, before they take you out. Is everything clear?'

"Sir, yes sir!" All of the teams loudly stated.

'Alright then. BEGIN!' The commander shouted, signaling the beginning of the exercise.

The cadets quickly rushed to the boxes, cracked them open, and began to assemble their weapons. Rain sight had been given a Butter Knife. She let out a quiet grunt, clearly displeased she had to work with a rifle, instead of the shotguns which she preferred. In the middle of their assembly, the cadets could hear a loud clanking noise. They turned their attention towards the doors in the other end of the room.

When they opened, they saw ten zerglings making their exit. The sight made the ponies quicken their work. Once the monsters caught glimpse of the cadets, they rushed for them. By the cadets finished their weapon assembly, the zerglings were mere feet away from them, so a lemon yellow colt with a blue mane, which had a single yellow stripe in the shape of a lightning bolt in it, who carried two P-21 “Shaver” pistols shouted.

"Everyone, fall back to high ground!"

Following his orders Rain and her other three teammates started to jump up the platforms, while the colt provided cover fire for them, taking out two of the zerg. When they were two platforms up, the ponies began to shoot themselves, providing cover for their "leader".

"Come on Sanga, we've got your six!" A brown colt yelled down to him, as he, Rain and the other two took out three of the zerg.

After taking down another zergling, the yellow colt rushed up the platforms. Unfortunately for the cadets, the zerglings were no pushovers regarding climbing, and the first one to reach the lowest platform began to pursuit Sanga up. The colt hurried as fast as he could, but the mobility of the zergling on the platforms kept it safe from the other four's shots.


__________________________________________________________________________


Moonraker was enjoying the show from the observatory, along with his assistant and a few lab coats. As his attention focused on the monitor, which displayed Rain Sight's group, a shine reflected itself in his eyes, as a sinister smirk slowly crept on his face. Cler looked away from the ground she was monitoring, just in time to notice that.

"Sir, you've got that expression again." She addressed the commander.

"Expression? What expression?" He asked calmly.

"The one you put on every time, before you do something considered stupid by normal pony standards." The mare deadpanned in response.

"Me? Do something stupid? Why I'd never!" The pegasus said, with the voice of innocence itself as he leaned against the control desk, "unintentionally" pressing a button with his elbow.

Cler just gave him an unamused expression, before returning to her duties.


__________________________________________________________________________


Rain Sight and her other three teammates had made it to the platform which was attached to the wall. Sanga was still catching up to them, the zergling still in hot pursuit behind him. He took another jump, and was about to land on the last platform, before the one on the wall, when suddenly the said platform split in two, and the colt fell down to the ground.

"SANGA!" Rain Sight yelled.

The colt wasn't moving, and the three zerglings which were still on the ground neared him. The beasts were hiding underneath the platform the ponies were on, so they couldn't shoot them down from their current position. Before any of the three cadets could react, the purple filly jumped down, landing next to the colt. She winced from the fall, but quickly dismissed the pain, and fired her rifle, taking out two of the zerglings, but the third one managed to tackle her.

She closed her eyes, expecting claws and teeth to sink in her body, but instead she only felt a light flow of air, stroking her fur. She opened up her eyes, and saw that the zergling was sniffing her, after which it leaned closer and nuzzled her cheek, catching the filly completely by surprise.

Sanga got up and rubbed his head. When he opened his eyes he saw that a zergling was on top of Rain Sight. He quickly grabbed one of his pistols and shot the beast through the head. When its body dropped lifeless, it revealed a terrified blood covered Rain Sight, who was hyperventilating. He then noticed the two dead zerglings lying next to him, which gave him an idea of what had happened. He walked over to the purple filly, and lent her a hand while saying with a warm smile.

"Thanks for the save."

She hesitantly took his hand and replied.

"No...problem. Thank you too..."

The colt could notice that her cheeks had slightly reddened, as well as that she was avoiding eye contact with him. The awkward moment ended, when the body of a zergling fell right between them. Both ponies looked up and saw the brown colt waving at them, an embarrassed expression coloring his face.

"Sorry about that guys!" He yelled.

A few minutes later, several staff members entered the room, and led the cadets out to the meeting room. There the commander greeted them with a proud smile, while clapping his hands.

"Bravisimo my little ponies. You managed to complete the exercise with just two deaths from all of the teams put together." He then glanced at Rain Sight and Sanga. "Not to mention you've learned a couple of new things about team work."

After his statement, the two ponies in question noticed that they were standing pretty close to one another, and jumped a step in the opposite direction, turning their heads away. Sanga let out a quiet whistle, while Rain stared at the ground, both blushing. Thankfully for them, none of their peers noticed that.

Moonraker chuckled mentally, before continuing.

"For the next several months, this will be your training. This is all for now, dismissed."

When he finished, everyone walked out and headed for their rooms. After so long, the cadets no longer needed someone to lead them there. However, Rain Sight stayed behind. She walked up to the commander and spoke.

"Uh...sir..."

"Wow, you of all ponies are talking to me on your own initiative. I must be doing something right with my life. What's on your mind?" He enquired.

"I was wondering if I could get those books on zerg for the evening? I'd really like to give them a re-read." She asked, putting on an unsure smile.

The pegasus chuckled, after which he ruffled her mane and replied.

"Sure you can. I'll have someone bring them over to your room."

"Thank you sir." She beamed, and turned around to walk away.

"Oh, and Rain Sight..." Moonraker stopped her.

She turned around to face him.

"I know that guy Sanga is a catch, but don't let yourself get captured that easily." He said, giving her a wink.

Her face immediately turned red, and sweat started to break though her skin.

"I--uh...I-...umm..." She stuttered, but stopped when the stallion let out a loud laugh.

When he finished he spoke with a warm smile.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. Now scurry on."

She thanked him again and walked out.


__________________________________________________________________________



As the commander had promised, a staff pony came by her room, and left Rain Sight the books about zerg. She started going through them. She was looking for something, which she found in the second tome. The filly read the lines out loud, just to assure herself she both read and heard it right.

"Zerg have a psychic connection made from void magic. However, without a pony or a more advanced zerg organism to command them through this connection, lesser zerg also use pheromones as a form of communication."

She then shifted a few pages, describing how the pheromones worked for zerg, until she found something intriguing, which she too read aloud.

"If a zerg lets out a scent of stress, and it attaches itself to a non zerg organism, any zerg, which manage to catch the scent, will attack the said non zerg."

She continued to read forward, completely forgetting that she was being monitored. Moonraker had sunk into an armchair, receiving video from the cameras and audio from a ghost who delivered the filly's words into the commander's head.

"What are you up to little missy?" He quietly questioned, continuing to observe.


__________________________________________________________________________


*the next day*

The cadets were once again spread in even groups and released into the training chambers. Rain Sight's group were nearly done assembling their weapons when the zerglings were released. This time they did not rush one after another up the platform, but instead they instantly huddled together, and opened a barrage of bullets on the beasts. During the fire, the rest had completely ignored Rain Sight's presence.

This was the perfect opportunity to try out her experiment. She slowly moved several feet away from the group. The remaining zergling noticed that, and focused on her as she was more vulnerable. Before they could reach her, she pulled out a syringe filled with a transparent liquid.


__________________________________________________________________________


During their chemistry class, Rain created a poison which caused the body to overheat. After she was injected with it, she didn't use the antidote until the last minute, letting the poison to get her to sweat. The fact that she was gambling with her life did make the situation pretty stressful. Once she got herself the antidote, she quickly gathered as much of her sweat as she could in a syringe, which she hid in her precision glove.


__________________________________________________________________________


She threw the syringe at one of the cadets. It landed on her foot, breaking the glass container and spilling its contents on the filly's leg.

That very moment the zerglings who were dashing toward Rain gave the air a little sniff, and immediately changed their direction towards the filly. She screamed as the beasts neared her, but lucky for her, her teammates managed to shoot them down before they could reach her.

None of her peers noticed what she had done, which made her smile seem like she was happy they made it out alive, and not that her experiment was a success. But the purple filly was pretty sure that there was a certain red pegasus who was very pleased with the results she had achieved.


__________________________________________________________________________


*five months and a few weeks later*

The day all of the cadets were waiting for had finally come, the final exam. They were spread in teams of five, and directed into the training chambers. Rain Sight had the pleasure of once again having Sanga in her team. After the first time, they were put together pretty often, as if the commander did so on purpose. But despite the slight fear of him doing something, the training itself didn't bother them, because the two made an excellent team.

Inside of the chambers their group found suit cases, probably containing their arsenal, but what surprised the cadets was, that on the opposite side of the room, there were seven stallions, all of which were equipped with a precision set and cuffed, and there were matching suit cases in front of them as well.

During the moment of confusion, the wall screens in all chambers turned on, showing commander Fleming.

'Good day cadets. It has been ten years since the day we first met.' He began to speak. 'Back then, you were nothing more than a bunch of wussy lumps of wet clay. Hopefully by now I have managed to mold you into something better, and you have dried out. As you have already noticed, today we have some guests. These mares and stallions are Dominion prisoners, who didn't get the courtesy of going through resoc tryouts. Currently we have no idea if they are worth sending to the Ice House, or if they can be remade to model citizens. But they aren't the only company you will share.'

After saying that, the pegasus snapped his mechanical fingers and hatches in the walls of the chambers opened up, revealing two cages filled with six zerglings each.

'So, allow me to explain the situation. Cadets, if you manage to kill the opposing team, and survive the zerg, you will both do the Dominion a service, pass your exam, and walk out of this facility as official DI agents.'

The cadets' ears perked up after hearing that.

'Prisoners, if you manage to kill the cadets and survive the zerg, you get to satisfy your sick and twisted urges, and you will leave this facility with a full pardon for everything you have ever done, as well as a brand new, sparkly clean file.'

All of the convicts exchanged maniacal grins of satisfaction. Moonraker put a hand over his mouth and whispered to someone behind him.

"No they're not. We're just gonna lead them to a room filled with zerg." After which he continued his speech. 'And if none of you make it from the zerg...well at least the 'animal protection organisations’ can't accuse me of animal starvation.'

Everyone in the chambers just stared with a deadpan at him, except a few cadets and prisoners who let out a quiet chuckle, actually finding that statement funny.

'And last, but not least, today your performance will be observed not by me only, but also by captain Hawkens from high command...' The pegasus said, stepping to the side, revealing a brown earth pony stallion. 'And the current holder of the record, for most dark templar caught in the time of service - agent Karn'Aaziim.' He finished, showing a gray unicorn on the monitor.

"Dad!" Rain Sight exclaimed in surprise.

"Dad?" Sanga, who was standing next to the filly at the moment, questioned. "Rain, the stallion who has caught the most dark templar for the DI is your dad?"

"Well...uh...I-I-umm..." She stuttered, expecting a negative reaction from him, but instead the colt cheerfully exclaimed.

"Wow, that's so awesome. After today, you've got to get us to meet."

"Uhh...s-surre." She returned with a light smile.

Then her eyes fixated on her father's image on the screen, as a determined expression colored her face. Apparently he had been looking right at her, because he put on a smile and gave a light nod. That sparked her motivation even more, as she turned her attention towards her targets.

'Now, if there aren't any questions...' Moonraker spoke, as he took his tablet. '...let's begin.' He finished, pressing a button on the device.

The very next moment the convicts' cuffs deactivated, and fell off. After that, both groups darted towards the cases, and opened them to get their weapons. Each case had some sort of firearm, and an HFB. Rain Sight grinned, when she saw that her luck had gotten her a shot gun. When everyone had gotten their hands on a weapon, both cages burst open, letting the zerglings out.

The purple filly had suspected that there would be zerg involved in the exam, so she made sure to stack up on shootable syringes with her sweat. Seeing the cadets' lower number, the zerglings made their way for them. Rain quickly shot out a syringe, hitting a stallion in one of his precision gloves. The shot didn't do any damage to him, only broke the syringe and spilled its contents on him. A few moments after the beasts had a chance to sniff the air, they turned around and ran for the prisoners.

That sudden change in targets confused the cadets for a fraction of a moment, before they used that to their advantage and began to shoot at the convicts.


__________________________________________________________________________


Up from the observatory, Moonraker, Hawkens looked at how every team of cadets was doing, but Karn had his gaze focused only on one, mentally reciting a prayer towards the void. The pegasus caught glimpse of that, and while no one was looking, he took a few steps back, reaching for his tablet.


__________________________________________________________________________


The cadets had managed to take out one of the convicts and four of the zerglings, but the bests had begun to stray from the older ponies. Then Rain Sight saw Sanga duking it out with one of the stallions. Behind him she saw that four of the convicts had huddled together. If she could land a marker(as she came to call these shots) on one of them, the zerg would further ease their task.

"Sanga get down!" She yelled at her partner as she took aim.

The colt heard her, after shoving his HFB in the stallion's head. When he saw the filly taking aim, he dropped on the ground, giving her a clear shot, after which she fired. At the very moment, the Sanga's bracelet beeped, and then let out a shock through his body. The surprise and the pain made the colt's muscles immediately react, by getting him up. Just then, the marker hit his precision glove and spilled itself over him.

Five nearby zerglings immediately noticed that and lunged at the colt. The after effect of the shock didn't give him time to react as the monsters tackled him down, and ripped him apart.

"SANGA! NO!" The filly screamed, tears pouring out of her eyes.


__________________________________________________________________________


After seeing that, Karn suddenly turned around to face Moonraker, and saw the pegasus holding a finger on his tablet. The unicorn grimaced at him, receiving a smug smile and a wink in return. If the captain was not here, and the red stallion didn't hold his daughter's life in his hands, Karn would have already impersonated the zerglings' work on that colt, on him.


__________________________________________________________________________


The other cadets took notice of her scream, and immediately began to gun down the five zerglings, avenging their comrade. Through her tears, Rain Sight looked up at the screen. She just saw her father looking backwards, making a grimace. After that, she figured what had happened.

Her saddened expression calmed down, taking the form of cold harnessed rage. She put in another marker, and fired, scoring a head shot on one of the stallions. The impact force toppled him on the ground, after which the remaining three zerglings tore into him.

She then switched to shells, while slowly walking forward, towards the remaining convicts. As she walked she put a shell through a stallion’s chest, sending him a few feet back, after which he dropped on his back. Without any form of protection, the only thing left of his rib cage was a gaping hole.

Two of the remaining three stallions focused their attention on the filly. Using their distraction, her teammates shot them down. Rain Sight threw away her shotgun, and pulled out her HFB. The three zerglings left approached her, but the very moment she glared at them, they backed away. Then her gaze stationed itself on the stallion, who was focused on her comrades.

"Sick em." She quietly said.

Then the three beasts lunged at the stallion. The other cadets had not shot him down, because they saw the zerglings approach Rain Sight, but before they could do anything, the monsters changed their target, leaving the ponies very confused.

The convict's attention was quickly caught by the approaching creatures. He turned around and fired, landing two head shots by pure luck, but the third zergling tackled him, and bit down on his throat. As it feasted on the pony, the purple filly walked next to it, and shoved her HFB in its head. A small spray of blood dirtied her face.

She took a look at her teammates who were dumbstruck. Then she looked up at the screen and saw that Hawkens and her father had expressions of shock, while Moonraker bore a smug smile. She let out a gruff, and walked for the exit, passing by her still stunned comrades.


__________________________________________________________________________


Later, when the exam was over, the remaining cadets were gathered at the meeting room. After the commander listed the four who ended up on the fail wall, he made way for captain Hawkens, who addressed all of them.

"Good job cadets. I am very pleased from what I saw. From this moment forth, you are no longer trainees. You are all official Dominion Intelligence agents."

When he finished, Moonraker pressed a button on his tablet. Suddenly, multiple clicking noises were heard, followed by the sounds of metal hitting the floor. Everyone's bracelets were shutting down and falling off. When it ended, the newly graduated agents all gave out a cheer...minus one filly, who just stood silent.

"Now all of you, get to your rooms. There you will meet a staff member, who will arrange you a place to live, and give you the details about your pay, and will instruct you when your next mission will begin. I wish you all good luck. Make the Dominion proud!" The brown stallion said, after which he walked off.

Following suit, all of the ponies made their way towards their rooms.


__________________________________________________________________________


When she reached hers, Rain Sight was more than pleased to see her father. She ran to him, with tears in her eyes, and embraced him in a hug, which he returned. As she cried she buried herself in his chest, finally embracing the warmth she had craved for all of these years.

However, the moment of serenity passed, when someone knocked on the door. Both father and filly scowled at the red stallion standing at the door, while bearing a smug expression.

"Congratulations on graduating missy. I guess Goldeneye owes me a few bits." Moonraker said.

Rain Sight let go of her father, walked up to the commander, and coldly stated.

"I don't want to see you ever again in my life, and I hope you die a slow, painful death, followed by you rotting in hell for eternity, sir."

After that she pushed pass him and walked off. Karn stepped next to him and added.

"And as long as I'm alive, if you come near her, I will arrange for that to happen, personally...sir."

And followed his daughter. Instead of taking offense like any normal pony, the pegasus let out a chuckle and said to himself.

"Another satisfied customer."

Then he walked away as well, shutting the room, until its next occupant was selected.

Author's Note:

Comment, like, favorite and follow. Hope you enjoy and have a nice day.

Comments ( 6 )

I have now read both of your stories and I think you did a good job on them :raritywink:
Also ejoy your coverart.

3252393 Epic cover art for epic stories. Thank you for your service and glad you enjoyed sir. :raritywink:

Moonraker is still a bastard but I'd still join him for a drink...after slipping something into his glass of course.:pinkiecrazy:

3260322 I like the way you think sir. :pinkiecrazy:

3260881 I like how I think too though not all the time or I'd go nuts like Twi did with Smarty Pants:twilightoops:

Great story, enjoyed every minute of it!

Login or register to comment