• Published 16th Aug 2013
  • 29,786 Views, 930 Comments

Bride of Discord - DisneyFanatic23



Discord returns and will only relieve Equestria of his havoc in exchange for a bride.

  • ...
59
 930
 29,786

The Relapse

"How much did you hear?"

"Every word," Discord growled between his teeth.

"You were eavesdropping?"

He ignored her question and turned away. "You never intended on falling in love with me, did you? This was all just a business deal to you."

"But...wasn't it a deal?"

"To me, it wasn't!"

The look he was giving her now made her shudder in terror.

"But you wouldn't expect someone like me to have feelings now, would you? Would you?!"

"Discord, I never said…"

"You're right. I'm just an evil monster who's kept you prisoner!"

"You're not a monster!"

"I thought you were different! I thought you understood!"

"Discord, I do understand..."

"Yet you never wanted to marry me! All you ever thought about was your friends!" He said that word as if it were poison.

She scowled. "I had no choice! You were going to kill the princesses!"

The draconequus was taken aback. "Kill? Kill?! You really thought I was going to kill the princesses, including one who was pregnant?!"

"But...you said...you said..."

"So I exaggerated a bit! But you actually thought I would do such a thing?"

Fluttershy's lip quivered. "I...I'm sorry..."

He turned away again. "You don't have to say it."

He felt betrayed. The one friend he had ever had, who he had thought to be different, was just like all the rest.

Fluttershy was devastated. His words stung her as her words had him. She had to make amends, but what could she do? Unlike Discord, she could not make things better with a wave of her hand, or hoof, as the case was. She did not know where to start.

"Discord, if you would just listen to me..."

"I should have known you would never care for me," he growled. "You were just stalling, weren't you? Praying that your friends would come and rescue you, weren't you? Is that why you wanted them here?"

"Discord, please! Those things I said, I didn't mean any of it!"

"So you don't feel like a prisoner?"

"Well, I..."

"So you do want to marry me tomorrow?"

"I...actually..."

"So you didn't just agree so you could see your friends?"

"I...I..."

"So you do love me?"

She hung her head in shame. "I...I do care for you, but...but..."

"You don't love me."

A tear fell down her cheek. "No."

He stepped toward the bed, his arms crossed. "No, how could you? I'm just the big bad draconequus who forced you into marriage."

"Discord, I didn't...my friends..."

"I can't believe it! After everything I've done for you, you still pick them over me! Well, my dear, you were right about one thing."

Fluttershy gasped as he magically lifted her into the air by the ring, bringing them face to face.

"You have no say in the matter. Love me or not, you will be mine."

For the first time in weeks, she was truly afraid of him, but she tried to be brave. "And I have no argument over that, but Discord, you have to understand that I only said those things because I panicked. I...I was afraid of what my friends would think and...I didn't know you were listening...you shouldn't have been listening! Still, it was no excuse for my insensitivity."

She squealed as he dropped her to the floor and turned away. Why did she not love him? Why did she still listen to those ponies? Those ponies had ruined everything! Wait... he thought, the gears turning in his brain. Those ponies...

He chuckled darkly to himself. "Oh, my poor, naïve Fluttershy." He knelt down to pick her up. "Forgive me for being so brash, my sweet. I don't blame you."

Fluttershy blinked at him in confusion. "You...you don't?"

"Oh no, you're not at fault here. You've just fallen victim to the real monsters here: those nasty friends of yours."

She flew out of his arms in a huff. "My friends aren't nasty!"

He chuckled again, patting her on the head. "Of course, you'd say that, naïve as you are."

"Naïve?!"

"Oh, don't take it personally, my dear. You just fail to see the truth when it's right in front of you." He ran a finger under her chin. "But don't worry, darling, we'll fix that."

Something about his tone alarmed her. Her heart was racing as his face drew closer, her head telling her to run.

"Now listen here, my dear. I've made you happy, right?"

She nodded slowly. "Yes."

"I've treated you well, have I not?"

"You have..."

"I've comforted you, gone out of my way to make you smile, and granted your every wish, yes?"

"That is correct."

"And in all of that, have I ever hurt you intentionally?"

"No, not really, but..."

"See? You know I'm not a monster."

"You're not a monster."

"Yes!" She shivered as he caressed her cheek. "I'm your only real friend here. Those ponies out there," he tilted his head toward the door, "they don't understand how happy we are...how happy we could be."

Fluttershy was growing suspicious. "What are you...?"

She trailed off as he began stroking her mane. As usual, his tender touch shut down her senses, but something about this touch was especially mesmerizing, but all she thought about was how much she was enjoying it. Discord grinned mischievously, seeing that it was working, but he had a long way to go. He laid his free hand on her shoulder.

"I want you, Fluttershy," he whispered. "I want you by my side for all eternity, not just because we made a deal. I don't want just any mare. I want you."

She tried to say something, but all that came out was: "Huh?"

"Why don't we stop playing games, my dear? I know that deep down, this is what you want."

"I...what?"

She snapped out of her trance for a moment, but sank back into it as he ran his claw down her spine.

"Picture it, my dear. You, sitting on a glorious throne, a majestic crown on your radiant head, overlooking a world of chaos..."

"A...a..." Fluttershy shook her head. "World of chaos?!"

Oops, wrong thing to say. He quickly moved behind her, messaging her shoulders, mesmerizing her again. She was never easy to manipulate, and he hated doing this, but he had to help her see the truth. A simple touch would not be enough. He had to do the full temptation. He had to think of something to lure her in, something she would not be able to resist.

"Yes," he improvised. "The world will be at your disposal, my sweet. I can offer you the one thing you've always desired."

Her eyes opened wide. Seeing that he had gotten her attention, he turned her head so their gaze was locked.

"Love," he whispered.

Fluttershy stared into his eyes, unable to blink. "What?"

He nodded. "I love you."

"You...you do?"

"That's right, my dear." At that moment, his eyes transformed into hypnotic spirals. "You don't need your friends. All we need is each other. We'll be together forever, for all eternity."

"Together...forever...for all eternity," she repeated.

"Yes," he chuckled. "So what do you say, my dear? Will you be my Queen of Chaos?"

Fluttershy showed no resistance as her eyes changed to match his.

"Yes, my love," she said mechanically.


Meanwhile, every pony, aside from the Apple sisters, was sitting in the main hall, wondering what to do. Rainbow Dash was the first to break the silence.

"Fluttershy's been in there an awfully long time. Should we see if she's alright?"

"We should let her be," Twilight sighed. "Maybe we were too harsh on her."

"I suppose we did get a little carried away..." Rarity mused.

"Applejack looked pretty upset too," Spike added. "I'm going to check on her."

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," Twilight warned.

"Look, I understand why Fluttershy's upset, but Applejack just blew us off for no reason. I've never seen her like this."

"Well, okay, go ahead."

"And I'm checking on Fluttershy," Rainbow insisted.

No pony had any objection as the dragon and pegasus went in opposite directions. Rainbow was about to knock on the door when she heard voices. It didn't take long to figure out who they belonged to. What's Discord doing in Fluttershy's room?

She assumed the worst, but stopped herself from breaking down the door. Instead, she opened it slightly and quietly peeked inside. Her jaw dropped at what she saw. The draconequus had his arms around Fluttershy, both their eyes filled with spirals. There was no doubt what was happening.

"Now," Discord said, running his claw under her chin. "You will go out there and tell those ponies to leave this place and never come back."

Rainbow burst the door open, surprising the draconequus. "I knew it!"

"Um...this isn't what it looks like!"

"You...you...you monster!"

She charged toward him, but Discord was quick and summoned a brick wall for her to slam into.

"What's going on in there?" Twilight Sparkle called, appearing in the doorway. She gasped when she saw the blue pegasus lying unconscious under a pile of newly fallen bricks. "Rainbow! What...?"

"Twilight," Fluttershy said, still under Discord's influence. "I want you to leave this place and never come back."

The alicorn looked up in horror, seeing the spirals in her friend's eyes. She growled at the draconequus.

"What did you do to her?!"

"I talked some sense into her," he answered, stroking his fiancé possessively. "I simply explained to her how you ponies have poisoned her mind with such prejudice and that she doesn't need any nasty friends like you. Isn't that right, dear?"

"Yes, my love," Fluttershy uttered.

"You fiend!" Twilight cried, stomping her hoof. "I should have known this was all a trick! You're in for it now!"

Discord laughed maniacally. "And what can you do to me, dear? You don't have the Elements of Harmony with you, and even if you did, you need all six Elements to make the spell work! And I don't think my fiancé is willing to turn me to stone. Are you, my dear?"

"No, my love."

"Maybe I can't turn you to stone," the alicorn grunted, "but that doesn't mean I can't show you a world of pain!"

Her horn glowed, preparing to fire. Discord simply yawned and turned her horn into a candy cane.

"Oh yes," he chuckled. "Much funnier than just taking it away!"

Rainbow was slowly gaining consciousness and lifting herself up. "You...you jerk...I'm gonna...I'm gonna..."

"You're gonna what? Try and hit me again?" He shook his head. "Tsk, tsk, Dashie. Don't you know hitting other creatures is wrong? Some pony needs a time out!"

The blue pegasus cried out as she was thrown across the main hall and into a stool in the corner. A tall cone hat labeled 'DUNCE' appeared on her head. Rarity, Pinkie, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo gasped.

"Hey!" the pegasus filly cried out, facing the draconequus. "You can't do that to Rainbow Dash!" She threw up her hooves. "Put 'em up, ya big bully!"

"Yeah!" Sweetie Belle shouted, copying her friend's gesture.

"Oh, you wanna fight, huh?" Discord said with a twinge of amusement. "Alright. Fight!"

With a snap of his fingers, the two fillies found themselves in a wrestling ring. Scootaloo was all red with boxing gloves of the same color and Sweetie Belle was blue, also with gloves.

"Ooh!" Pinkie shrieked. "I love this game!"

She raced to the corner of the ring and pressed the giant buttons, causing Scootaloo to punch Sweetie Belle in the face.

"Hey!" the latter cried.

"Sorry! I can't control it!"

"Pinkie!" Rarity squealed in terror.

She jumped into the ring and tried to tug her sister out of the way, but she was stuck in place.

"Oh yeah!" the draconequus cheered. "Discord is back, baby!"

Twilight made a charge for him, only to have her wings turned into paper.

"Quit it!" she screamed, collapsing to the floor.

Applejack, Apple Bloom and Spike had heard the commotion and gasped as they entered the main hall.

"What in the...?" Applejack exclaimed. "Discord!"

"Why, hello there, Applejack!" the draconequus waved. "Come to join the party?"

He yelped as Apple Bloom bit his leg.

"You leave my friends alone!" she yelled through her teeth.

"Hey, get off!" he commanded, flying into the air and trying to shake her off. "Why you little..."

He then had an idea and snapped his fingers, causing Apple Bloom's cutie mark to disappear.

"Hey, I just got that!" she cried.

She realized too late that in saying that, she had let go of Discord's leg. She screamed as she fell to the ground. Fluttershy, who had been floating on the sideline, heard this scream and shook out of her trance.

"Apple Bloom?"

She gasped as she saw the filly plummeting to her doom. Applejack rushed to catch her.

"Don't worry, Apple Bloom! I gotcha!"

She didn't have to, for Fluttershy flew into a nosedive and swept the filly into her arms before she hit the marble floor.

"Fluttershy, you're back!" Twilight exclaimed.

"What happened?" the pegasus asked as she set Apple Bloom down.

Then she gazed at her surroundings, mortified. Apple Bloom was a blank flank, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo had become a giant version of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Ponies, Rainbow was glued to a stool in the corner, and Twilight looked like a bad Nightmare Night costume. Fluttershy turned to Discord, who was shocked at seeing her awake.

"What..." she stammered. "What's going on?"

The draconequus desperately threw up his hands. "Sweetheart, I can explain..."

"You…you cast a spell on me?"

He bit his lip. "Well...maybe...a little?"

She flew up to his face. "I trusted you! I thought you were my friend!"

"I am your friend!"

"Yet you broke your promise!" She gestured toward the mess he had created. "You said you wouldn't do this anymore!"

"Technically, I didn't break any promise. I said I would confine my magic within the bounds of the property bestowed upon me. And oh, would you look at that? We're in that property right now!"

"But you cast a spell on me!" she shouted angrily. "I can't believe you tried to trick me into loving you!"

"Well, it didn't work, obviously! I mean you...how did you...? You broke my spell...without magic." He looked at her with admiration. "For some reason, that makes me even more attracted to you!"

He moved his claw to her face, only to have it slapped away. "Seriously? After tricking me and what you did to my friends, you still expect me to like you?!" She shook her head. "I was right about you all along. You are a monster!"

The last word pierced his heart like a sword. "Darling, please..."

She crossed her hooves and turned away from him. "Don't call me that!"

At that moment, something inside the draconequus snapped. He gritted his teeth at the pegasus.

"So I'm a monster, huh?" he growled. "So be it, then. But you're still mine!"

Fluttershy screamed as a rope rapidly snaked around her body, tying her to a chair. The chair flew into the corner opposite Rainbow Dash.

"Fluttershy!" everyone cried.

"Discord, let me go!" the yellow pegasus demanded, attempting to struggle out of the rope.

The draconequus chuckled darkly, running a finger under her chin. "So sorry to have to do this to you, my dear, but it's as you said. You have no say in the matter."

He recoiled as a piece of wood hit him on the back of the head. It was a leg of the stool that had trapped Rainbow Dash, who was now hovering above with said stool still stuck to her rear. The leg, however, had been thrown by Applejack.

"You get away from her, ya varmint!"

Discord rolled his eyes. "Do you mind? I'm in the middle of a conversation here!"

He snapped his fingers, transforming Applejack into a giant box of actual Apple Jacks. Apple Bloom shrieked.

"That does it! Pickin' on my friends and takin' my cutie mark is one thing, but no one, I repeat, NO ONE TOUCHES MY SISTER!"

Discord only yawned and snapped his fingers again. Suddenly, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were back to their normal selves, but tied up with Apple Bloom.

"Hey, what gives?" Scootaloo demanded.

"Oh Fluttershy," the draconequus said in a singsong voice. "How do three kids sound to you?"

"You're crazy!" Apple Bloom shouted.

"Oh shut up."

He zipped all their mouths closed.

"You beast!" Rarity cried, charging towards him.

With another snap of his fingers, the unicorn's hair turned green. He made a mirror appear in front of her so she could see.

"Ah!" she screamed. "Not again!"

"Hey!" Pinkie cried, finally pulling away from the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em game. "Leave her alone!"

In a flash, Pinkie got a new hairdo as well, her cotton candy-colored hair now actual cotton candy. She yelped at first, but then chewed on a piece.

"Mmm," she said.

"Pinkie, stop eating your hair and help me take this punk down!" Rainbow commanded, darting her eyes at Discord. "I ought to press you into jerk cider!"

Another snap of the fingers caused cider to dump onto her head. Then with a laugh, Discord stuffed her into a cider mug.

"Discord, stop it!" Fluttershy pleaded. "Why are you doing this?"

"Isn't it obvious, my dear?" he smirked, lowering his head toward her. "I'm teaching these ponies a lesson on what happens when they mess with the Lord of Chaos!"

He reached out his claw and caressed her face, only to have her jerk her head away.

"What do you want from me?" she demanded, her eyes tearing up.

"You," he whispered lowly. "I want you to be my Queen of Chaos."

"No! Never!"

"Have it your way, then."

He gathered the remaining ponies and Spike into the wrestling ring, steel walls rising high above them. Discord teleported himself and Fluttershy over the group as the walls started closing in on them. Rainbow Dash was still stuck in the mug and Twilight's wings were still paper, making it impossible for them to escape. Fluttershy could not take it anymore.

"No, please! Stop! Don't hurt them! I'll..." she hung her head. "I'll do anything."

Discord cupped his ear. "What was that? Didn't hear you over the screaming ponies."

"I'll do anything!" she shouted.

He gave her a sly grin. "Anything?"

She breathed. "It's me you want! Leave them out of it!"

"No, Fluttershy!" Twilight called. "Don't do it!"

"It's the only way, Twilight!" She turned back to the draconequus. "I'll marry you. I'll be your wife, your queen, and I will never resist you again. I will do whatever you want, and I won't fight against it. Everything will be exactly the way you want, if you would just spare them, please! Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

"No!" Pinkie cried. "Not the Pinkie Promise!"

"Please! Just leave them alone!"

Discord stared at her, searching for any sign of trickery, but found none. He chuckled throatily.

"That's better."

He snapped his fingers, stopping the walls from moving and undoing the rope.

"Although," he said, stroking his beard. "I need some sort of proof that you will hold to your word."

"How am I...?" Fluttershy started to say, but he stopped her as he lifted her chin.

"How about another kiss?"

"Another kiss?!" Rainbow exclaimed.

The yellow pegasus was frozen in place and would have fallen had Discord not wrapped his arms around her.

"I...in front of...?"

"Ah-ah-ah," he waggled his finger at her. "You said you wouldn't resist."

Defeated, she closed her eyes as he leaned towards her. Down below, the ponies were trying to free Rainbow Dash, Twilight and Rarity pulling on the mug, Pinkie pulling on the pegasus' head. Just as Discord's lips were inches away from Fluttershy's, the mug came off with a pop, causing Rainbow to land on Pinkie. She quickly recovered and darted upward.

"Don't you dare touch her!" she shouted.

Discord moved away from his prize and narrowed his eyes at Rainbow. "You know, I've had just about enough of you meddlesome ponies!"

He raised his glowing claw, ready to strike. Fluttershy gasped.

"Rainbow, Discord, don't!"

But neither of them stopped what they were doing. Promise or no promise, she could not let her friend get hurt. Without a second thought, she pushed Rainbow out of the way of Discord's blow. Fluttershy cried out as she was thrown across the room and smashed against the wall. Discord gasped when he saw who he had struck.

"Oh no, no, no, no, no!" he muttered.

He rushed to his beloved as she slid to the floor.

"Fluttershy, are you...?"

He trailed off when he heard a sob. Oh darn. Please, no! He knelt down to her.

"Please don't cry, please! Fluttershy, I didn't...I didn't mean..."

She moved her hooves away from her face, revealing her big, tear filled eyes. The look she gave him, this look filled with so much fear and horror, killed him.

"Fluttershy, don't look at me that way..."

He reached his paw towards her. She flinched and hid her face again, curling into a shivering ball, but the look she had given him still lingered. He gazed down at her and then at his hands.

"What have I done?" he said under his breath.

His anger had driven him so far that he had hurt the only thing he had ever loved, after swearing otherwise. He knew from that look that what he had done was unforgivable. She would never love him now. Even if she did marry him, she would never look at him the same way, nor smile for him ever again and would be miserable for the rest of her days.

He looked at his beloved Fluttershy as she burst into tears. He wanted her more than anything in the world, but not like this.

Discord turned away from her and hung his head. A light emitted from his chest, restoring the ponies to their normal selves and releasing them from their prisons. The three fillies rushed to embrace their sisters. Fluttershy looked up from her hooves, surprised and confused. The draconequus walked sadly to the farthest corner of the room and sat down.

"Get out," he grunted.

The ponies did not argue and raced out the door. Fluttershy rose and cautiously approached Discord.

"That includes you."

She stopped in her tracks. "What?"

She looked down as the chain and ring vanished from around her neck.

"I release you," he said without turning around. "You're no longer bound to me."

Fluttershy was more confused than ever. "You're...you're letting me go?"

"Yes! Now go! Before I change my mind."

"But...Discord, I..."

"Are you deaf?!" he bellowed, whirling his head around angrily. "I said go!"

She squeaked and ran to the door, seeing Applejack waiting for her. In the blast, the castle had returned to the ground and the force field had diminished, making it easy for them all to leave. Before she crossed the bridge, she remembered her animals and went back for them. She told them she would explain everything later, but they had to leave now. Once they were on the other side of the gorge, Fluttershy looked back at the castle. Her head told her to run as far away from the place as possible, but her heart compelled her to stay.

"Fluttershy, come on!" Twilight shouted from ahead.

"I'm coming!" Fluttershy called back.

She glanced at the castle one last time and then went after her friends. She did not see the draconequus in the tower window.

Discord watched her go until she was out of sight. He buried his face in his hands. The zebra's words made sense now. He could not keep her locked in this castle forever. He loved her too much. That's why he had let her go.

He was a fool to believe that she could ever be happy with him, for who could ever love a monster?