• Published 28th Jun 2013
  • 357 Views, 0 Comments

Dropped C's Thirty Minute Ponies - Dropped C



My contributions to Thirty Minute Ponies

  • ...
 0
 357

Vicariously

Prompt: "I've got nothing"

Oh, I didn't expect anypony here today. No, no, don't worry. I only come here to remember. Yes, to remember. I have so much to remember, after all.

No, don't worry, you don't bother me. It's only that… Sometimes there are little things that creep in my mind. Things about how quick time passes.

Do you remember Pinkie's wedding? I would have never thought she would be the first to tie the know. Nor would I have believed her to be the first mother of their group, even if I sometimes joked about the probability, being so irresponsible and such.

What? Oh, no, no, I'm not suggesting that her foal isn't a wanted one. She has proven herself time and again. Yes, I'm sorry. Whenever I think about these things, I get bitter.

If only I wouldn't have made my job the focus of my life… Maybe I could also have had foals. But now it's too late. I'm too committed to my responsibilities.

Rainbow Dash's first show as a Wonderbolt? I don't think I could forget that ever. So much colour, so much speed, and, above all, so much happiness. A dream becoming true is always something to be regarded with pride.

Tears? Oh, no, no… This is… How did he call it? Liquid pride. You know what? I would like to be able to do those things. Soaring the skies without any concern. Without any duty. No mysterious spells to keep at bay. No dangers to stop.

Yes, I am proud of my work. I am proud of almost everything I've done in my life, and of everything that I will do. Of course I could stop. I could stop serving others and serve myself. I could, but I wouldn't forgive myself for the rest of my life.

Sometimes I miss her a bit… Yes, I know. Who am I trying to fool? I miss her a lot. Those nights when she would hop on my bed and hide under my wing because she was scared. Now that she has her own wings, does she even remember those nights? When I felt her heartbeat by my side, even if just for an instant everything was alright. At dawn, she would leave, her cheeks red with embarrassment, and bring me breakfast. Nopony has given me so much and asked for so little.

That's why, whenever I feel sad, I come here to watch the moon raise. It's the only time of the day this world's stability is in somepony else's hooves. It weighs upon me.

After all, what's the use of being the sun when I've got nothing?

Author's Note:

I'm not happy about this one. I feel there is a lot of wasted potential in this idea.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment