• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 531 Views, 42 Comments

Crossed Gears - TheFoxern



Copper is back, to finish what he had started. But with only one lead, he must go to the Crystal Empire, in hopes of finding clues to fix what he helped break. But with crazy magic around, he's skeptical things will go smoothly. (Complete)

  • ...
1
 42
 531

16: Epilogue

This one was her favorite thing, without a doubt. The large stained glass window showed a gray-blue pony with copper hair, lifting the sun with a brass colored arm. But even it did nothing to lessen her frustration. “But...that doesn't really answer my question, Princess Celestia...”

“Oh?” Celestia looked down at her, a large smile on her face. “It doesn't? Well, what was your question?”

“I had asked...what kind of pony was he?” It was a question that bothered her. “I've heard that story a lot. I've heard all about how he saved the world.”

“You still wonder about that, even after hearing the story? Most would assume that he had been a great pony.”

“But that's only when you think about it as a whole,” she said as her brow wrinkled. “He also did a lot of things that ponies consider bad. Things that many say are so bad...so bad that he doesn't deserve any of the praise we gave him.” She had heard a lot of things, from a lot of different ponies.

Celestia nodded slowly. “Oh yes. He did a lot of bad. And a lot of good.”

“But...” Her face scrunched slightly. “What kind of pony was he?”

“I don't think I understand your question, little one,” Celestia said with a slight chuckle.

“I mean...was he good? Was he bad?”

“Hm...” Celestia stared up at the stained glass window and then shrugged slightly. “I'm afraid that's something that you have to decide for yourself. No one can tell you what to think.”

She frowned in response, joining Celestia in looking up at the window. “It is my favorite thing to look at.”

“Oh? What of the other things of him? There were plenty of photographs,” Celestia said as she smiled down at the little filly.

She slowly shook her head. “No...from the stories I've heard of him and the books I’ve read...this fits him a lot better. Do you think he would have liked it?”

Again Celestia looked up at the window. “Quite honestly, I think he would have. It probably would have been his favorite thing, as it is yours.”

A smile grew on the little filly's face. “Good.” There was a long pause of silence, as they both admired the stained glass window. The more she looked at it, the more she liked it. “Do you think that he is still alive?”

“Oh I'm quite sure of it,” Celestia said with a nod. “After all he has gone through, I'm quite certain he survives.”

“But he can't come back.”

Even Celestia had to pause. They had tried to figure out a way to bring him back. To see if it was possible, but no pony knew enough about The Shattering to be able to even find what he did, let alone figure out where he had gone. “He'll find a way.”

She looked up at her and blinked. “You really think so?”

Celestia nodded and smiled a bit as she stood up. “Oh yes. I believe if anypony could, he could. Now come, it is time for your lesson's.”

“Yes Princess,” she said as she stood up and followed Celestia. But after a few steps she stopped and looked back at the window. “I think...”

“Hm?” Celestia looked down at her.

“I think...that he was a great pony. He wanted to save everypony and make sure they were all safe. Even if he did do a lot of bad things...he wanted to make up for it, by doing the best that he could.”

Celestia smiled at her. “My dear...I think that is exactly the kind of pony your father is.”

Author's Note:

((Chapter edited by Amneiger))

And thus ends Crossed Gears. Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Now for the sequel...

Comments ( 8 )

Where is the sequel. This is to good to not have a sequel.

4213704 Hahah. It will have one, I just have to write it. xD Unfortunately it'll be somewhere between a week or two to a month before it comes up.

Oh could you put the link in a new chapter when you complete the sequel?

4230991 I don't think you're allowed to do that? In the rules it says in Don't Post "Non-story chapter updates. Example: You post a new chapter on your fic that tells users to check out your latest story." xD
I guess you'll either have to watch me, or check back in a couple months. :rainbowlaugh:

4231171 you leave me no choice then... I must watch you. *walks over to window with binoculars* FOREVER! !!!!!!!

5515069 it isn't fair, the whole system of the "game" isn't fair. It's stacked in the Other's favor, but that's kinda the point, cus the Other is the one who made the game.

6788645 Aw, thank you. I also very much like how you're calling it Equestria Noir. That was kind of the style of it that I was going for, and I'm glad that it comes off that way.

Login or register to comment