• Published 17th Jun 2013
  • 1,197 Views, 33 Comments

Diary of a dragon - Don Pony



Spike decided to write a diary revealing all his thoughts and secrets.

  • ...
1
 33
 1,197

Chapter 6

Dear diary:
You and the investigation team are my only friends. Last night I couldn't sleep, I stayed in the basement crying. I din't want Twilight see me as how I was. I still can't comprehend why would someone just abandoned an egg, they didn't care if something happened to me, they just threw me away like garbage.

When the sun raised I went to the special headquarters to be alone, the members usually come at noon around 10 A.M. and 12 P.M. so I had plenty of time to clear my head. On my way there I got really mad, I kept thinking about who could be my parents not caring about me and just leaving me in the volcano, even trying to kill me. I was so mad I felt the fire coming through my throat and the heat in my lips. I blindly shot a fireball and burned down a tree. It was red huge ball of fire, I have never shot that kind of fire before neither that big, I could barely burn the scrolls to Princess Celestia before, and now I could burn a tree to ashes. What is going on with me?

I curled on the headquarters floor and fell asleep. When I opened my eyes just to the whole team around me,staring. They told me they were worried about me because I was sleep weeping (I didn't even know that was possible). I told them everything, I even gave them the letter. I held the letter the whole night, I wanted to destroy it, but I read it every time thinking that the words would changed and tell me something else or that it would disappear and showed me it was just a dream.

As always everypony was supportive, giving encouraging words and tried to cheer me up. I couldn't do it, I was too sad, I just couldn't thinking of anything else. No matter what they say I wasn't paying attention, it actually made me feel worse when they said how great things turned with their mother and sister. Then the one who came with a bright idea was Scootaloo. She told me that we could seek for my parents, that we could go across Equestria from dragon town to dragon town asking for information. The other two said that it was too dangerous and we shouldn't doing it, but Scoo was really excited and wanted to go as soon as we could. Honestly, some other day I would have said that the idea was dumb and I would straight out said no, but now it kind of made sense now. The only way I could gather some information now was from a dragon's mouth, dragons who went to the same place during the migration I was left. Perhaps my parents forgot me and went back to the same point and didn't find me, and they didn't know about Celestia's care center. I agreed and we decided to go today, we just needed to be ready. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle said they wouldn't accompany us, but they wouldn't get on out way, they just asked us to really careful. I remembered I had a book at the library with a map of possible dragon locations Twilight and I made some time ago, plus we need some supplies for the long journey. So we decided to see us at the west entrance of Ponyville that led to Dragons Mountain, which strangely enough doesn't really held dragons.

I'm now at the library. Twilight is cleaning the place up. I don't know if I should tell her, or maybe I should just leave a note. I feel bad for leaving her alone, although she has Pinkie now. Part of me doesn't want to leave, but other feel the need for the quest. So far I still need to get some supplies and while Twilight is cleaning I cannot take the book from the shelf. I'll leave for now and when I come back I'll see what to do, and don't worry I'll take you with me too, diary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Spike:

Before anything I would say I'm sorry. I know this is your private diary, but lately you have been acting weird, you look tired, worried and sad all the time. Also you have been acting strange, you say something and then scratch it, you hug me and ran, and sometimes just staring me from the distance. I wanted to give you some space for you to deal with whatever you had, but it seems that it made things worse. I didn't know if I should ask you because Pinkie told me she talked with you but you didn't want to tell her what you got. So, because I didn't want to disturb you or make things worse, I found your diary laying down and read it to find out. I know is bad, and if you don't want to talk with me anymore it's okay, I understand. But before you do so I want you to know something.

When I saw you, hatching from you egg, you were sucking your own little baby dragon tail and I thought you were the most beautiful thing I ever saw. I wanted to hug you, but then the princess's guards came and wanted to take you away. I couldn't let them do it, who know what would had happened to you, I went to the princess and asked her to allow me to keep you. You were there at the Princess's chamber and held you. I remember holding your little baby body wrapped in a white blanked as you sleep. The Princess thought for a moment I don't know what she was considering but the time seemed to stopped that moment. After what felt like hours of waiting she said yes, and you have no idea how happy I was. Just remembering it make me wanna cry tears of joy.

Taking care of you was hard, no, it was exhausting. You needed my attention at all time and I still hadd to study for the Princess and attend my royal duties. Every night I stayed awake until late, sometimes the sun shined and I was still awake. I got worried whenever you made the smallest sound, I still do sometimes. I remember one day when you accidentally burned all your toys and almost the whole house down. You were alone in your room and the flames surrounded the place, my magic was still too weak to teleport and I was alone. I jumped through the flames for you, my tail burn and even some of my coat burned but I didn't feel pain or fear that moment. I got you and used my magic to make a force field around us I tried to calm you singing lullabys and keeping the force field strong so the flames would touch us, the fireponies came after a while and extinguished the fire.That was before I knew dragons were fire proof, but I was too worried and I would do it again to keep you safe.

I saw you grow and you made me grow too, we were together all the time, and no matter what I tried to be there for you . But you matured too fast (or at least that's what it seemed to me) and the more you grew the more you wanted to be with others of your same age, but as you may remember the ponies in Canterlot didn't treat you right, you were bullied and a lot of ponies were scared of you, and sadly there were no dragons either. I tried to get friends for you, but nothing seemed to work. Thus, you only spent time with me and you always referred to me as "Twilight", "friend" or "sister". Obviously, though, you are a dragon and I'm a pony so it's only logical that you don't see me as part of a family. But I tried to make you feel as safe and comfortable as I could be, I never wanted you to feel left behind or being treated different... I might have done the opposite. As for Pinkie, we are becoming closer and we want to spend more time to each other, but I can promise you that she will never tear us apart and she only wants to help our family be happier. With time, we will explain it to you.

If you are seriously going to your quest I will not interfere. If you want to find your true parents and if that is what you truly believe is what you need for knowing who you really are I will let you go, even though thinking that you might get hurt terrorizes me. But there's something you need to know. I am proud of calling you my son, and perhaps I don't say it out loud, I sometimes don't treat you like it, and maybe trying to make you feel more part of the family made you feel more different. But no matter what I have always been proud of you, and you will always be my son. You will always be my baby and I love you with all my heart. Please, before leaving let me give you one last hug and send me a letter from every town you visit. Don't forget about your little family, and always be true to yourself. Don't forget that I love you.

With all my love
-Mom

Author's Note:

If you want to know more about Twilight and Pinkie check The Magic of Laughter. Another fanfiction I'm working on, it's still at works and it needs some time to catch up with this story.
I'm looking for artist who would like to make a cover for this and my other stories. Please, if you are interested, contact me.

Comments ( 7 )

That was beautiful :pinkiesad2: Oh and is there MOAR? Or did you forget to mark complete?

2784687 There is still things that can be done with this story and with this format. One could even think that the end of the sixth chapter is only a beginning, I need to think about it first and maybe give it some thought. What would you say? :twilightsmile:

Scootaloo needs to find who she is :pinkiehappy: 2784707

2784716 :yay: I thought you forgot about her. Let's say... her past is a little bit more complicated to explain and it might take a while :scootangel:

This is quite the emotional chapter. Is Spike and Scootaloo going to end up together during this trip?

JBL

Eh, that sounded like a lot of tripe from Twilight.

Another great story in the grave

Login or register to comment