• Published 17th Jun 2013
  • 1,197 Views, 33 Comments

Diary of a dragon - Don Pony



Spike decided to write a diary revealing all his thoughts and secrets.

  • ...
1
 33
 1,197

Chapter 3

Dear diary:
Sorry I haven't write anything for a long time but a lot of things have been going on lately. Pinkie Pie disappeared the other day, Twilight and the other went all over looking for her. Me and the investigation team decided to join the search and we splint in two teams: Team 1, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle; Team 2, Applebloom and I. We looked everywhere even Zecora's place, but we couldn't find it. The next day she appeared, turns out she went to Carnterlof for a lame old book for Twilight and didn't tell anypony, could you believe it?.

Anyway, when we were looking for Pinkie I got to talk to Applebloom. She told me that she wanted to confront her sister using the birth certificate she found the other night, I was kind of surprised of it she looked scared but firm on her decision. Although she said she wasn't strong enough so she asked to accompany her. I don't really like to meddle in other ponies personal stuff but she was asking very seriously and... I couldn't resist her eyes, she has something that hypnotizes me. I ended up accepting her request and she will tell me when the best day would be, but for now I'll wait. She also gave the best advice someone had given me so far; she said I should communicate to Princess Celestia and ask her if she knows anything about me. She was the one who put the test that hatched me when I was an egg, so she might have some information, at least where she got me from. I will repay Applebloom someday for that.

We had a party in Pinkie's honor. Twilight spent too much time with her and suddenly I've been noticing she's more worried about her than is for me? I'm not jealous, I'm noticing she doesn't treat me as her other friends... am I something else then?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear diary:
You will not believe what I just happened. Applebloom came today and took me to her house, she suddenly felt that she didn't want to wait anymore and it was the day she would tell Applejack. We went to barn and there she was. Applebloom approached her while I stayed a few steps before her asking first, after all it was family's business.
Applebloom started to reproach about the certificate, she asked her what was all about, where her parents names were, and why has she hiding everything to her. Applejack got mad at her for getting the paper without their but it was obviously an excuse to get away avoid the questions. Applebloom yelled at Applejack, she was furious, she wasn't going to let her sister escape from this one. I have never seen Applebloom so fierce before, it was... different in an awesome way.

Applejack gave in and told us the whole truth, I still don't believe it. I'm shaking by just thinking of it, but i really need to tell somepony and they made me pinkie promise not to tell anyone and this is my diary so no one will read it. Here it is the truth:
When Applejack was a teen she used to go to a lot of rodeos around Equestria, she was admired by everyone and it got some fame from ponies all around, she had a picture that was taken in Appleloosa with BigMac but they were younger. After showing us the picture she told us something that made both of us fell on the ground... BigMac is not their actual brother.

Applejack met BigMac in Appleloosa during a competition, ever since they saw each other secretly pretending using the competitions as an excuse and eventually became coltfriends. Granny Smith didn't like her daughter to go around with somepony she met just in a competition... Oh yeah! Granny Smith is actually Applejack mother, apparently she didn't want to have children until she old. Applejack didn't care about what she said and went with the pony she loved. Unfortunately they didn't protect themselves and she ended up pregnant, she was still so young and didn't know what to do. BigMac took responsibility and decided to take care of the baby but nopony wanted to hire a pony that young. Granny Smith offered them to live in her house and work on the apple orchard, but they had to take responsibility for everything the baby needed and never even think of abandon the child. They decided that it would be best for the baby to be raised by Granny and don't let it know the sad truth. The baby was a beautiful baby with red hair and yellow coat, it was Applebloom.

We couldn't believe our ears, Appplebloom cried and she said she was a mistake, that Applejack and BigMac lied to her and she didn't want anything anymore. Applejack then told her that she always loved her and took care of her as her baby and it hurt that she couldn't tell her the truth and she promised she would never leave her alone and for now on she would be proudly treat her as her daughter. They cried and hugged each other, Applebloom took it weel but I think it will take sometime to be used to the situation. I left there trying to be quiet and not interruption, but they told me to not tell anypony yet. They wanted to tell everypony themselves at the right time... Thank celestia I got you diary.

Because of what I just saw with the Apples I made the decision of asking Princess Celestia about me, but I'm still scared of what she might said. What Applejack said made me think "treat you as my real daughter" that's what she said. So there's a way to treat your daughter or son... Does Twilight treat me as her son? or, as her friend?
What should I do?

Author's Note:

Did you see that one coming? There's still a few surprises ahead