• Published 8th Jun 2013
  • 398 Views, 3 Comments

Acorn - That Lonely Girl



Ash and Cherry Blossom are two pegasus ponies, who are very much in love. When their daughter is born, they name her acorn, for her bright brown eyes. Something is different about her though, she doesn't have wings.

  • ...
 3
 398

Chapter 2

Acorn ran the edge of her hoof down the window in her bedroom, peering out at the setting sun. She sat down only an inch away from the window, not breaking eye contact with the pink and orange sky. She looked up to a darker-blue part of the sky. A couple of stars had started to appear, and she smiled at them.

“Hello stars,” she whispered. A dark shape covered one of the stars, but it was too small to be a cloud. Acorn widened her eyes in realization. She got up slowly, and then sneaked out of her room. Her parents were in their room, so acorn could go through the kitchen towards the front door. She reached up to the lock on the door, and after a couple of tries she was able to unlock it. She carefully opened the door and closed it behind her. She walked around to the side if the house with her window, and she looked up at the sky.

The sun had almost set, and the yellow sphere was just peeking out over the edge of the land. She looked to the dark sky opposite where the sun was. She could see a small white light that seemed to originate from below the southern mountains. She glanced back up at the shape, a faint glow emitting from the top of it now. She was sure she knew who it was.

The moon had risen over the mountains, and the glow coming from the shape was diming.

“Wow…” Acorn said, and soon realized she had said it a bit too loud. She looked up at the shape, which was coming closer to her. Though she was pretty sure who it was, the feeling of something dark, and slightly scary coming towards her was a little unnerving. The shape landed in front of her, and the glow came again, much brighter because of how close it was. Luna’s face appeared under the glow, which Acorn now knew was coming from her horn.

“You should be inside,” Luna said quietly, a faint smile on her face. Acorn nodded, unable to stop looking at the almost mesmerising moon. Luna noticed where she was looking.

“its quite amazing, isn’t it? Then moon. Even though its my job to raise it at night, I don’t know much about it,” Luna said. She laughed a little.

“I guess I find it funny that I don’t know much about something I see every day,” she said, “but,” she paused, “I think you would know a lot about not knowing stuff huh?” Luna asked, almost concerned. Acorn looked back at her lack of wings, sighing.

“What’s your name?” Luna said.

“Its… Acorn,” she said.

“Well, Acorn, its okay to be different.” Luna said.

“But I want to have wings!” Acorn said. She glanced awkwardly to the side.
Luna hugged her. Acorn opened her mouth to say something, but she closed it again. Luna released her from the hug, and smiled at her. She took off into the night sky.

Acorn sat there for quite a while. What exactly had happened? She decided to go back inside.

* * *

“Wake up sleepy head,” her mom said, kissing her forehead lightly. Acorn jolted out of bed.

“Are you okay sweetie?” her mom asked. Acorn looked the window, then at her mom.

“I’m fine,” she said, giggling, “just a little jumpy.” Acorn strained to remember what had happened the previous night. She didn’t have a very good memory, plus, something just seemed… wrong. She shook her head slightly, trying to clear her thoughts.

“Are you exited about tonight?” Her mom asked. Acorn looked at her and smiled.

“Yah,” Acorn said. She looked back out the window, her thoughts taking a backseat to the bright blue sky and pinkish-sunrise clouds.

Author's Note:

hope you liked it! :)

more chapters coming soon

Comments ( 1 )

Must have more
:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment