• Published 13th Feb 2012
  • 1,202 Views, 31 Comments

fixing a pinkie promise - The Drifting Bard



it's never easy, leaving the ones you love behind.

  • ...
7
 31
 1,202

Going out in style (epilogue... of sorts)

so what if i threw a party and all my friends are there....


The funeral had gone off with out a hitch, the cremation was perfect. And pinkie knew just where Blueberry Bass wanted his ashes to be spread. as she walked to the land outside ponyville she opened the urn, with fluttershy right by her side.
She spread the ashes as the Universe began to slowly move forwards.

She sat down and simply looked on. "Thanks for coming with me fluttershy" Pinkie said while still sniffling slightly.
"thats okay," Fluttershy smiled slightly as she laid a wing on her friend's shoulder. "Circle of life remember?"
Pinkie Pie simply looked up at the stars.

It was at that point, a faint jingle could be heard, and a voice from the radio had sat down beside her.
"Miss Pie?" Pinkie Pie looked over to the mare, she too was weeping gently.
"Sapphire shores? what are you doing here?"
the mare began to sing the chorus of a certain song which had reached the top 40 charts.
"if i break this promise, I will surely die, He sold it to me... on one condition"

Pinkie Pie looked down at the mare, sensing the sincerity coming from her.
"He wanted you to have the royalties for the song... but I never found you... when i recieved word of his being here in ponyville, I returned," she tried to wipe away tears, "but was too late"

she handed the Pink Party pony a cheque, and gave her an apology for being too late.
"I've got to go... but, please... Keep smiling, it's what he would want" Pinkie seemed to brighten up a little.

as she made her way to the place at which the Wake was being held, she hummed her own little song.
"Come on everypony... smile smile smile...."she sniffled in between lyrics.
Fluttershy joined in. "fill her heart up with sunshine sunshine" Fluttershy then helped her into the venue.

"Isn't this supposed to be a party?" fluttershy asked no-pony in particular.

Pinkie Pie's ear twitched for a moment as her mane... re-inflated.
"Your right fluttershy," she hugged her friend.

"lets PARTY!"


she never forgot him even in the end.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment