• Published 9th Feb 2012
  • 2,179 Views, 8 Comments

Sparks - lightningstorm



The untold story of Soarin and his many challenges in life.

  • ...
6
 8
 2,179

Changing Tides

When I got back from dinner, I watched her head to her bunk. But she turned and walked off with some of her friends. Leaving the note sitting alone.

Before I changed my mind, I grabbed it and ripped it up. I wanted to do it in person.


“You do soarin?” I had just told her.

I looked down blushing harder than I ever had. “Y-yeah I do. I’m sorry for feeling this way, but I couldn’t hold it in.”

“Why would you be sorry, its sweet Soarin.” She smiled at me, I liked where this was going.

“So, umm, would you like to hang out sometime?”

“I would love to Soarin.” She then embraced me in a hug, I thought I was going to explode.


Sure enough we did hang out, and we hung out again, and again. They were great times; flying above the city, picnics, a movie even.


We grew up together, hung out near everyday. For five years we were best friends, then our tests came.

We graduated from the academy, and even got auditions for the bolts. I only did it since she insisted.

She did a spectacular job for her perfomance, she did every trick she could think of. Sure enough she got in, but I didn’t.

I didn’t care much, but then I realized she would go on tour, and we’d hardly see each other. We would be apart months at a time.


She looked awesome with her blue Wonderbolt suit on. She was proud and bursting with life, I couldn’t say the same for myself.

I wanted to be happy for her, but she was leaving to go on tour in a matter of moments, she would be gone for a whole year. Of course I still had no way to pay to visit her either.

“I’ll miss you Soarin, but I’ll be back okay.” It was just me and her saying goodbye, all her other friends had already left.

I made myself as happy as I could, I didn’t want to bum her out on her big day, I had to do it for her.

I’ll be fine, just promise to come back okay. And stay safe” We exchanged smiles, but I guess she saw how sad I was.

“Soarin, I won’t go, if you don’t want. I don’t want to put you in a awkward position, but I’ll miss you. I don’t know if I want to go.” She looked in my eyes. I wanted to say ‘no, stay with me’, but I couldn’t.

“This is your moment to change the world Fire, go, you’ll do great. I’ll be fine, I promise. Just be happy, please.” I hugged her, and saw her off.

As she was getting ready to leave with the others I called out one more time. “I’ll be here waiting when you get back.” She chuckled.

Letting her go was the most difficult thing I’d done. I watched her fly of with the other bolts, and I knew It would be along time before I saw her again. Should I have asked her to stay?

I watched where they had flown off to, even once they were out of sight. I just watched, hoping she would come flying back for me. No such luck. Nothing came back.

Comments ( 6 )

I'm really liking this. I love a good soarin fic, and it's nice to see one that has potential!


Keep up the good work! Stars and tracking :)

:rainbowwild:

tracked and 5 stars :scootangel:

chapter one your ovoiusly copying rainbow dash you you.........:flutterrage: ugh nevermind:ajbemused:

Nice Story! I hope it turns out to be SoarinDash :3

Ummmmm. I don't know if it was just me, but I didn't find any mention of Rainbow Dash in either chapter. Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Login or register to comment