Twilight's Library 4,830 members · 6,274 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

What is the best story in Twilight's Library?

4081784 I suspect there are as many "best stories" as their are readers.

Although, I completely agree with you...
I'm looking for some straight answers. Who's got some recommendations? :pinkiecrazy:

Don't read my stories. I give mice nightmares with ice cream an tacos.

All depends on what you're looking for.

<3 DarqFox

arcum42
Group Admin

As previously said, there isn't really a 'best' fanfic in Twilight's Library. Quite a number of my own personal recommendations are in the featured folder, starting after about a page and a half, and anything newer than that was recommended by people I trust.

Also, on any folder, you might go back and look at the first page or two. You'll start seeing some of the first fanfics I added, and there were a lot of good stories there.

Most of what I've put into my own folder in Tag-a-long's Book Club that's also in Twilight's Library are things I particularly liked as well.

--arcum42

4081795 If I can be allowed to indulge in some blatant self-promotion, I happen to be partial to my story Seashell. It was featured on the Library, people seem to say good things about it (which I'm very thankful for), and most importantly I find myself really enjoying re-reading it every time I go back and look at it again, as I do on occasion while I'm referencing stuff for the sequel I'm in the process of writing.

Or for something by someone else, there's Simply Rarity, which was an amazingly heartwrenching take on the early life of our favorite fashionista.

And finally, this story isn't even in Twilight's Library, exactly, but I can't list stories that I think are "the best" without mentioning it: Salvation. It's not finished, yet, but it seems to be getting close and what is already there is just... well, read it, you'll see.

There are many good stories in T'sL. I keep my most favourite stories in my Top 20 List, but here is a short list of those, which are also in T'sL:

Destination Unknown: Just perfect. A good little story for a reading during a short trainride.

A Taste of Meat: Read it and laugh.

It Doesn't Matter Now: Just read this one. Like Destination Unkown it is a touching little story.

Dash of Humanity: I just love this story. Although the sequels seem to decay in matters of adventures and are more a slice of life style, this one is a must read.

Past Sins: You probably heard of it or already read it. If not: Read it. It is just a shame that there are no real sequels to it.

And the best? My absolute favourite?

That would be Why am I Pinkie Pie?! This story is just perfect in every way. I have no doubt that many will agree, when I say that this is possibly the best HiE on FimFiction or just the best story overall.

Turns out my two absolute favourite stories aren't actually in TL at all, so I've had to do a little thinking! I'll second the recommendation for Winston's Seashell, and I'm tracking its ongoing sequel for later reading. But here are a few others that are on the TL shelves:

The Railway Ponies: Highball by The Descendant. It's a mystery to me why this wonderful fic has barely a thousand views. Maybe it's because of the fact it's OC-based; maybe it's the railway theme. Whatever, it's a wonderful, atmospheric story that I'd recommend to anyone.

Old Friends by RBDash47. This is in TL, the Royal Guard and the Royal Canterlot Library, and I'm sure the only reason it's not on EQD as well is that it's under their minimum word count. Can't say much without giving away the spoilers, but beautifully written and (again) wonderfully atmospheric.

Height by PoweredByTea. I'm a sucker for FlutterDash friendshipping, I like adventure fics, and this story gives me both. Nothing terribly deep here, just a really solid, enjoyable story with an interesting Rainbow Dash POV.

Naked Singularity by Cold in Gardez. Okay, pretty much anything by this author is going to be great, but NS shades it for me for being so funny I warn against reading it in public. You will attract weird looks when you can't stop giggling.

Even though this isn't in this group. ... http://www.fimfiction.net/story/155236/lost-into-shadow This fan fiction is amazing in how it progresses and portrays the characters.

I haven't even read all the stories in here, so I can't possibly hazard a guess. It's not mine, though, that's for sure.

It Doesn't Matter Now: Just read this one. Like Destination Unkown it is a touching little story.

Never heard of it. Though I have heard from usually reliable sources that you shouldn't trust a word its author says. :P

Currently reading Past Sins, so I'll reserve final judgement on that one. I'm about 60% into it, and right now it's much better than its harsher critics say, but not in the very top tier of fics I've read. I'd put it behind Fallout: Equestria among longfics, but I don't read that many of those. So, here's another shortfic recommendation:

Queen of Queens by JawJoe. This came second (I think) in the EQD "Outside Insight" contest in the summer, and it deserved its success. One of the best changeling fics I've read, possibly even the best. In just 15,000 words, it builds a fascinating world that will make you look at Chrysalis and her hive in a whole new way.

Tangled roots by bad_seed_72.

4083939 I didn't write any of these books,if you are suspecting shameless self promotion.

4081784 I can already tell you that there is probably more then one. :twilightsmile:

4085096 Nah, I was just being silly. I'm the author of It Doesn't Matter Now and I was making a silly joke about it, that's all. :pinkiesmile:

4085398 *facedesk* I'm such an idiot. I am an insult to human intelligence. :facehoof:

Forgive me, your highness, I have tainted this perfect story and your holyness. I will posthaste begin the human sacrifices to calm your temper. :fluttercry:

Now, where is that sacrificial knife... :pinkiecrazy:

Oh, and here is another good fic for your consideration: Deception

4085401 I'm a big Fluttershy fan. I'm not sure that sacrifices, human or otherwise, would do much to calm my temper! :flutterrage: ;)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19