Protect Celestia 1,946 members · 1,762 stories
Comments ( 39 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 39

Which one do you think is the best Celestia?

A motherly Celestia

or

A adorable Celestia

You decide.

Personally, I have a soft spot for momlestia. It just suits her so well.

Momlestia is my fave Celestia

Motherly

Why not both. MuffinShire provides a d'aww worth comic series called Twilight's First Day. The artist is on deviantart. Check him out. :twilightsmile: http://muffinshire.deviantart.com/gallery/

Trust me you'll love it.

Motherly over a character that is made only for appearances.

Celestia, origin of all that is good and mother to us all.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

I have to choose?

I feel like motherly Celestia is uh, I don't want to say inherently less of a flat character, but that's really sort of how I feel about it. Like, "Motherly" is a character trait. "Cute" is a physical trait, and passing it off as a defining character trait bugs me. Characters who are treated as "cute" in the absence of other character traits are annoying and reflect poorly on the author. It always seems a little...I'm going to say fetishizing because I can't think of a better word. Like, there are other characters who are cute, why does Celestia, an adult who is powerful magic user and ruler of a country, have to be reduced to simply "adorable"? At that point it seems to be more about adorable and less about Celestia.

2901909 Can't choose, so I say both.:twilightsmile:

Yes. One lives, one dies.

Chose wisely...

This. Adorable momlestia.

2901909 I'm with Pali on this one...
2902113 It like choosing between two children... I can't love one more than the other... :fluttercry:

Comet Burst
Group Admin

I should ban you for making me choose!:twilightangry2:

I wouldn't recommend that...:applejackunsure:

...unless you want a visit from this guy here:

I'm kinda in love with Momlestia...so yeah :trollestia:

Wait, you're telling me I can only have one or the other and then you show us this picture?

You just showed that Celestia is an adorable mom! I can have both.

He is going to be sooooooooo delicious...

2902418 I must be the one person who has not played warhammer in this entire fucking fandom.

Momlestia is Bestlestia.

2902689 , Is this a bad time for me to say that I have no idea what Warhammer is? :twilightsheepish:

I'm gonna buck the trend and come out for Cutelestia. Not as in a little foal or filly or anything, but as in adult Celestia taking a break from her royal duties and just relaxing and maybe being a little silly. I like the incongruity with the rest of her character.
Motherliness just strikes me as too practical, and I don't get much of a charge out of seeing it. Like someone doing their taxes.

2902113 You can choose both if you want. Just want to know peoples thought on these two best Celestias

Nooooooooo!
He can only chose one!

2902411 Better keep your Hive Tyrant safe because this guy did some bad ass things in the Horus Heresy
1. Broke a Bloodthirster's spine over his knee
2. Decapitated a Keeper of Secrets
3. Killed so many Chaos Daemons and traitor marines on Terra all by himself

So keep any valuable synapse tyranids away from him as possible unless you want your Hive Tyrant's or Swarm lord's spine broken

It's all good, dude. I've only played Warhammer 40K: Space Marine. I don't know what the hell is what besides an Orc and a Space Marine. I can say this though:

The Legion of the Damned looks fucking amazing...

2901909 I go with either way. Both are at least, postitive.

I CAN'T DECIDE!! :raritydespair:

Tyranids can play that game too. Doom of Malantai (a special Zoanthrope) ate an entire Craftworld from the inside out by itself. And while breaking a Bloodthirster in half simply sends it back to the Immaterium, I'm pretty sure that any daemon eaten by the DoM is erased even from the Immaterium.

"Whether you should live or die" :3

I would have both. But if I had to absolutely had to choose. I would pick Momlestia. It fits her so well!

Momlestia, 100%. "Cute" is a terrible defining trait. Momlestia can certainly be cute (see OP), but I think protective/momma bear momlestia is where she really shines:

(You hurt Twilight. This was not wise.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39