Applejack/Big Mac
Celestia/Luna
Aloe/Lotus
Twilight/Shining Armor
Cloudchaser/Flitter
and more...

Incest ships...why? :raritydespair:
and what is your favorite?

(As for me...the only incest pairings I support are Aloe/Lotus and Cloudchaser/Flitter, IF AND ONLY IF, there is a non blood related stallion between them.):ajbemused:

Applemac. There needs to more (decent) Applemac.

Though Sweet Apple Aches by Apploosan Psychiatrist is the pinnacle of that particular pairing.

946837 Twilight and Shining Armour, Celestia and Luna, and possibly (if it's well written) AJ and Big Mac. :twilightsmile:

TwiArmor. Celestia/Luna also works.

Comment posted by Futile Task deleted May 4th, 2013

Lunestia all the way when it comes to incest pairings, and the story Eternally Loved spells it out best in my opinion.

I would like to see a decent RariBelle and/or Apple JacBloom ship/clop-fic

I like them all but Aloe/Lotus is my favorite

Spica #10 · May 4th, 2013 · · 2 ·

Raribelle. Also Twimom

HOMOPHOBIC?:flutterrage:
You can make fun of my ex-OTP (Fluttermac), you can call me any name you want, but never EVER call me homophobic.

(Sorry...I had a Lt. Dan moment there).:twilightsheepish:

I am male who prefers straight fics, but is happy and willing to read F/F fics (and maybe M/M, but only if it is well written) and hates incest with a passion.

Depends on the writing. I'm good with almost literally any pairing, if it's well written.

As for why it appeals... there's that thrill of the taboo, the idea of being with somebody you know and trust more than just about anybody else, all of these things. When it's willing, it's great. If it's unwilling, that's a whole different set of dynamics.

Personally, I'm working on a jungle adventure that will culminate in Dash/Daddy Dash shipping, at least for a while. Twi/Shiny has been written in ways that are incredibly sexy and appealing (especially with Cadance involved), and some that are heartbreaking (especially with Cadance involved!) Applemac, much the same. When the CMC's get involved, I tend to get a bit more squicky, but there are some fascinatingly dark undertones in the Raribelle relationship that could be explored.

And Lunestia can be interesting. though I prefer it when Twi's sandwiched between the two princesses. Rowr. :facehoof:

Applebloom/Babs Seed. There are a few really good stories about this.

Seriously, that's the best ship in the history of forever. Too bad there are not many stories about it.

Lunestia is the only one that reliably doesn't bug me. Spa Twincest can be handled well, but isn't always. I haven't seen Applemac written well.

Oy, these witty portmanteaus. I am drowning in the wit. What's the currently in-vogue portmanteau for Twilight Sparkle x Shining Armor?

NONE OF THEM! THEY ARE ALL WRONG!

947075you hate incest but u started this thread? Lol

Because there are incest ship fans here (even though I'm not one of them), and I let my curiosity get the better of me.

Twi/Shining and AJ/Big Mac tend to be my favorites. However, it's all good with me.

However, given what I've seen in response to the subject, I think some people need to keep in mind that this is all make-believe literature featuring make-believe characters. It's okay not to like it. When you start screaming and getting genuinely upset about it though, you need to take a step back and assess the health of your emotional involvement with this land of literary make-believe.

Celestia luna is the only one I can even come close to okaying, and that's just due to the whole immortal thing going for it.

I can be okay with cousin incest (Applejack or Big Mac x Braeburn, Apple Bloom x Babs Seed) since we don't know how closely they're related, or what the Equestrian taboos are there (since they vary so much in our own world.)

If I look at AppleMac or any of the sibling ships, I want to see it really explored. I want to know what happened to break the Westermarck effect, how the relationship makes them happy, and how the stress of the taboo affects it. I very rarely see that in fics, especially explaining the lack of Westermarck effect, but I'd read one if it looked like it might take the idea seriously.

946837 Hard to decide between Shining Armor x Twilight Sparkle, and Celestia x Luna. Celestia x Luna holds up better in my head because they live for far longer than any other pony can or has, and it gets pretty lonely and depressing after a few years of losing everyone you love to time; except one pony.

If it's well written, I can read any ship. I do, however, want to see a good Babs x Bloom story. I've seen a handful and none were more than gratuitous clop. I want a good, drawn-out romance.

I personally HATE incest ships with a passion. I will never read anything with incest, and if a story goes into incest, I immediately downvote it. I don't get why it is so popular :facehoof:

Apple Bloom x Babs Seed
Braeburn x Applejack
Braeburn x Big Mac

And maaaaaaaaaaaybe a well-written non-rapey Twilight x Shining Armor.

But mostly cousin stuff. Me gusta. :moustache:

Try stuff by Bad_Seed_72

Lunestia

TwiArmor

AppleMac

and AloexLotus

I haven't seen many people who like incest, even though I have heard it's popular. I most likely haven't been around the web enough to see it's popular.

I'm not much of an incest shipper, but I do like a few shippings that fall in the category. Of the incest ships in this fandom, I like Lunestia and Aloe/Lotus.

I've read half of an AppleMac once and had to stop a few lines into the... feisty stuff. didn't help that the author thought that "Vulgar writing" was equal clop... That was just meaningless and vulgar sex combined with incest which i loathe...

Suffice to say, I despise it and wouldn't complain if it got banned from the site, honestly.

Shilight Arkle is a fun pairing for clop, when it's done right. But an long lasting romantic relationship between the two... I just don't know.
Flitter and Cloudchaser can invade my computer screen any day! :heart::rainbowkiss::heart:

Celestia and Luna is the only incest ship I approve of.

The reasons for which are perfectly explained in this story.

Luna x Celestia

Twilight x Shining Armor

Applejack x Apple Bloom

Apple Bloom x Babs Seed

Rarity x Sweetie Belle

And I pretty much stay away from anything envolving parents, aunts, or uncles

Applejack X Big Macintosh
Twilight X Shining Armor

Why? Because I find the naughtiness that is incest to be rather kinky. It's a taboo like Human X Pony aka bestiality, but nobody really seems to make as much of a fuss over that kind of pairing (likely due to the fact that the My Little Ponies are somewhat anthropomorphized to the point where, phylogenetically, they could be classified as a completely different genus of equidae, perhaps even hippomorpha. They are also not only sentient, but sapient, which an intelligence that would definitely cause a frackas with International Human Rights Law.

Incest is perceived neigh globally as a taboo and is banned likely. In writing incestual pairings, an author can form fictitious romantic relationships that would have horrible variables in an uncontrolled setting. Unless the writer requires it, incestuous relations do not create unwanted or unforeseen psychological nor reproductive effects. The number of traumatic incest and pregcest fics are vastly outnumbered by the number of incest fics that have relatively "happy" or "simplistic" storylines.

Heey. You should vote on stories based on the quality, not content that you could just avoid.

952538 I do vote on quality. In my opinion, any story that goes into incest is a bad story. It goes against all of my values as a person (I'm not religious, by the way).

Nyah-ha.
AJ/Big Mac or Twi/Shining feel a little meh to me.
For the former, probably because AJ seems the least likely to indulge in taboo deviance, out of all of the Mane 6.
The latter, which I admit I'm less against, probably because of the age difference. Less an issue when they're grown up, but probably more because how much I would snicker and snark at the Cadance part of the equation. Needs to be more Twi/Cadance.

The background ponies... I can't have much of an overarching opinion on. Not really against it, but it would depend on how they're portrayed.

Princest, however, is Wincest.
Total support. Until Twi's ascension, it was the only option for them having someone who wouldn't, like, die.

I don't think I could ever get into any incest though if I did it would be cousins only as the show never goes into how close cousins are, like Applebloom and Babs seed. Also from what i've heard, BabsBloom is generally just clop, which no matter the pairing i'm not really into, it would have to be a good drawn-out romance. Also I don't mind if some clop is in there just not a ton as it isn't my thing. I will never understand sibling or parent/child pairings... :twilightoops: but that is just my 2 cents.

946837 Why hello Adrnel!
Didn't think I would see you making an incest thread. Changing your mind on the subject? :heart:

I find Twi/Shining and AJ/BigMac the best.
However, I recently read a Pound/Pumpkin fic that was so cute. :twilightblush:

Well, I personally like it because I found my own sister very attractive, but I could never pursue it.

I like Aj / Mac shipping. It's mainly because I feel that their personalities fit so well together, rather than any personal fetish of mine.

I love all my siblings - I wouldn't be the same guy without them - but incest isn't one of those things that crosses my mind when I think of them.

I don't think Adrnel's into incest shipping just yet, as he so delicately stated 947075

I'm sure you'll be able to convince him, Neo :raritywink:

I hate people like you.
"Oh, the fic is about something I don't like? INSTANT DOWNVOTEZ"

If your logic would apply to me, every RariJack story on the site, no matter how masterfully written, would suffer from a (very shallow) downvote. Because obviously involving that pairing in a story makes that story bad.

Naturally, I only downvote stories when it's a damn chore to translate what the hell the author has written (Yes Felixdawn, I'm talking about you) or when the characters are so out of character that they should've been called 'OC that looks like Applejack but doesn't act like her in any way'

On topic of the thread, I'm kinda like Lunestia but haven't come across a decent story about a relationship between them. Usually it's just 'sex because sex'. As a result, I've been thinking about some ideas for it

Hey Jake! Nice of you to contribute!

The Westermarck effect is a proven thing...it is real!

Incest ships...why?

Finagle's Law. The perversity of the universe always tends toward a maximum.

Princest is the best, put your recently-reformed and sexually-starved sister to the test.

TwilyShining and Applemac.

well, incest is the game the whole family can play.
celestia/luna maybe. that one is not terribly bad.
but twilight/shining and applejack/big mac is a little messed up.
at least twilight/shining is messed up.
actually...eh.

The Westermarck effect's existence is somewhat controversial.

Does it exist? Well...

The incest taboo exists and it is very likely at least partially biological in origin (excessive incest is bad) and it appears in numerous animals.

However, whether mere proximity causes the same effect is not entirely known. There is a study which indicates that they are less likely to marry... but it was a study, and it also disregards the fact that there was significant attraction between them.

Thus the suggestion is that it is primarily a social taboo.

However, there is evidence to suggest that at least on the sibling and maternal/paternal level that prolonged proximity has an impact on sexual attraction, especially given that there is evidence to suggest that people tend to prefer people who look more like themselves.

I don't know why, but I've always seen FlutterDash and SpikeDash as some kind of wincest shipping. Probably because of their relation in the serie. They are some moments where it feels like they have some kind of a sisterly relation

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 56