Supporting Original Characters 1,827 members · 4,076 stories
Comments ( 57 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 57

Is your character a Mary Sue or just another original character! You want to ind out? Take this quiz! I worked hard on it and I have about 20 questions! Thank you!

Your OC might be OP if:
-They are the best in Equestria at something, especially if it's something common (like an earth pony that's stronger than other earth ponies).
-They beat one of the mane 6 at a contest that both parties joined willingly.
-They teach Twilight Sparkle anything.
-They are proficient with a kind of magic you invented.
-The princesses and/or the core cast come to them looking for help (especially if it's because they can't handle a problem).
-They are the only pony who can _______.
-They are a changeling that can do anything other than change appearance.
-They are a made-up species.
-They are personal friends with every canon character, including royalty.
-They have a reliable way to cheat death.

There is nothing wrong with this heavenly creature. No hardship or cross she had to bear. She's not greedy, prideful, self-centered, emotionally stunted, emotionally unstable, selfish, reckless, overconfident, naïve, blinded by love, womanizing, stupid, psychopathic, self-righteous, narcissistic, inexperienced, overly ambitious, narrow-minded, morally ambiguous, or arrogant. She has no vendetta, addiction, superiority complex, bloodlust, jealousy, or lust for power. She is a person with no flaw that can be considered something to work on personally while being incredible at every activity she engages in.

I am not trying to be rude but the way Ai feel is the more originality you have the better. Since nobody once to read a story like: Once there was a perfect girl. Her parents died and now she's sad. She is part cat and part alien/ghost/vampire and she can fly. Now she has fifty boyfriends. The End. Okay get to the quiz!

What did you get ?
and with which O.C.s ?

How to do it rite

7:45-10:35
14:30-16:10

Pure of Heart Paragons

When you try too mush not to be one

Why Superman, Anacin Skywalker aren't one

edit:

edit: this is just funny Link

Mary Sue Series
Mary Sues by JUST A ROBOT

edit: this video fells like it fits here

edit:

Only 5% Mary Sue here. Though, there's quite a few grammatical errors and a repeated question in the quiz.

0%.

Well, good. I'm glad.

15% but I did use a fanfiction character from my crossover. And some of the questions I didnt have an answere for.

Hard on her luck yes but no Mary Sue

Well, taking it with my primary MLP OC in mind, it comes to zero percent.

7131611 7131614 7131616 7131619
Which O.C. did you use ?

Lisa Garnet. She's a non-pony OC.

My pony detective character or was it more specific?

5%, I used my OC Singing Blossom from my story, The Power of Freedom.

My avatar/profile pic, Lion Dude.

I used my Courier Six inspired James Gavin from my story Gryphon Six.

HEY! Singing is NOT a Mary Sue. If anything her lil' sis is.

Singing IS the little sis.
The older one is Forest.
:scootangel:

BS... I'm stupid... ignore my heresy.

Love your story though.

Personality?

• Happy, joyful, excited, preppy
  • Funny and random

Hard pick, but I want with Happy, joyful, excited, preppy

FlashTruth is 20% a Mary sue

7131672 7131680
Which O.C.s. ?

What's there name ?

When you have so many, it can be hard to choose.

Went with John: 0%.

15% Mary Sue

Midnight Radiance

0% Mary Sue.

When one writes a normal person/pony into an unnatural situation, they tend to be less on the Mary Sue side.

Mine’s not a Mary Sue, but this OC’s not a pony or in this fandom.

TThe Guardian
A regular human Alex gets transferred to Equestria. Desperate to return home at first, he notices himself changing. The time comes for him to decide for Equestria destiny. Will he conform? Which path will he choose? Are Celestia's fears justified?
Alexshy · 611k words  ·  164  38 · 7k views

5% MS, methinks that's okay :twilightsmile:

Did you even do the test ?

Yeah. I scored a 0%.

Turbo Charger, he's my OC, and a few years ago, he'd be considered a Mary sue, but I revamped him big time.

A detective in my mini mysteries.

7131604 Only 15% for my OC, Lex Legis, from Lateral Movement.

Rhodonite my detective pony

30%

But, look, most people don't even know what a Mary Sue actually is.

Case in point, a lot of the questions in that quiz are kinda irrelevant or misses the point.

Main character from my original, non-Mlp-related story, Murasaki Kabuto.

Got 5% for my Hedvika.

However, it’s by far not a reliable quiz as 7132384 said. There are some kinda Mary Sue questions, namely those about love and popularity, but what does hair colour have to do with determining the quality of your character? And why is that question there twice?

I think the idea is that Mary Sue's tend to have exotic hair, but does this really apply as a Sue trait if that's common? (Such as the case with MLP.)

I guess so, but if you look at the test and consider it for humans and not ponies, all except one (*) option are pretty commonplace in the general populace and thus not truly suited for judging your character.

• It's brown or black
  • It's blond
  • It has streaks or it's dyed
  • * It has odd hair that wasn't dyed (Rainbow hair, blue hair, purple hair, ect.)
  • My character is bald (Me: 0_o whatever floats your boat)

There are some kinda Mary Sue questions, namely those about love and popularity

Even those are kinda missing the point, I think. Lots of perfectly fine characters are popular and loved, and lots of perfectly fine characters are talented, powerful and/or special. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that provided it serves a purpose for the story you are telling.

Mary Sue is more about the author having an unhealthy attitude towards the character which negatively affects storytelling, and they tend to cause a feeling of dissonance in the readers because they can tell, if only subconsciously, when this occurs.

Lots of perfectly fine characters are popular and loved, and lots of perfectly fine characters are talented, powerful and/or special. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that provided it serves a purpose for the story you are telling.

Indeed. What I meant is that if you look at the quiz, you’ll find multiple options of either ‘Everyone loves the character” or “Nobody likes the character”. And those are the only parts of the quiz that come at least remotely close to defining one rather common aspect of a Mary Sue. (Including the very original Star Trek Mary Sue.)

What I meant is that if you look at the quiz, you’ll find multiple options of either ‘Everyone loves the character” or “Nobody likes the character”. And those are the only parts of the quiz that come at least remotely close to defining one rather common aspect of a Mary Sue.

Those are superficial symptoms that have nothing to do with the determining if your character(s) are Mary Sues because they don't do anything to help determine if character(s) are ultimately results of the root cause factors that create Mary Sues.

Mary Sues are products of an author's attitude towards and reasons for writing. They are not products of meeting a certain number of check boxes on a list of character attributes.

Chaotic Note
Group Admin

Can't say for sure since I actually haven't wrote a solid story for him or any of my other OCs. Any ideas of them I have are all in my head (and whatever scatterings of thought I've left on the internet) What I can say, though, is that I will never make it so they go unchallenged in their lives.

does this count as Mary Sue,
or should it have it's own post ?

the Hero's Journey

edit:

I feel that I don't quite qualify for this with Sol. He's an antagonist, he's suppose to be strong, and he's suppose to be taken down.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 57