• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 1,884 Views, 17 Comments

The Night Claims A Rainbow - CloudWatcher



A nap in a tree sparks a feeling in the daredevil pegasus of Ponyville, Rainbow Dash. She pushes herself on to confront these feelings as she begins to feel she should. Will it work out?

  • ...
6
 17
 1,884

Part 4.5: The Wall that Tumbles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Moments Earlier~~~~SugarCube Corner~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pinkie Pie, much like Rainbow Dash had only a few minutes before, acted on impulse, and tried stealing the words from the one that she desired. This, however, was much different than that time, as the reaction from Twilight flustered Pinkie.

"Wh-what... Are you d-doing..?" Twilight said this quietly, wanting to talk to Pinkie before either of them rushed, much too quickly, to the point. She blinked a few times as Pinkie stopped her advance, looking into Twilight's eyes with one feeling showing obviously in her own. Fear, is one of the several feelings she got from Twilight's unexpected reaction, this was the emotion that showed plainly above all others at this moment.

"I thought that you were here to talk to me about how you felt about me... To tell me that you were in love, with me..." Pinkie gave Twilight a rather large smile, her trademark, but it made her nervous feelings obvious. She sighed softly and turned away from her friend slowly as her eyes closed, afraid that she had just ruined what she wanted so badly. "A-anyway... I made you something..."

Pinkie stepped out of the doorway, allowing Twilight to see the large cupcake portrait that took up most of the floor in the main room of SugarCube Corner. In the portrait, Pinkie Pie and Twilight were embracing each other, but Pinkie was kissing Twilight's cheek and blushing. "You... How long did it take you... To make this?" Twilight's words were almost entirely lost as she saw the portrait, and in reality, Twilight regretted refusing Pinkie's kiss. The kiss would have been the easiest way to explain both of their feelings, even though they would still talk over it afterward, it would be much easier.

"A few hours for the cupcakes, and only a few minutes to place them.." Pinkie spoke quietly as she remained turned away from Twilight, gasping softly as Twilight put a hoof on her shoulder and turned her around to face her.

"Talking can wait, because you, again very oddly, were correct in your hunch..." Twilight said this, explaining way too much as she always did, and quickly put her lips against Pinkie's. In truth, she had never kissed anypony before, other than her parents of course. This simple action made Pinkie giggle as she wrapped her hooves around Twilight and picked her up, holding her like a bride as she pulled away from the kiss a bit.

Pinkie had a genuine smile on her face now as she looked into Twilight's gorgeous eyes, loving the way that they saw right into her. "You need some practice with that Twilight, but you're not bad for a first time." She giggled softly as she set Twilight back down on her hooves, "So... Is that a yes, to my question...?"

Twilight was blushing deeply as Pinkie spoke, barely able to find the words she wanted, "Q-question..? You n- Oh!" She smiled happily and nodded her head, leaning forward and nuzzling Pinkie's cheek softly. They remained like this for near ten minutes when they both remembered that they had plans for the other. "Hey Twilight-" "Hey Pinkie-" Pinkie spoke up a little, "You go first..."

Twilight rubbed the back of her own head with a hoof as she began speaking, "Sorry... Well, would you like to go somewhere with me today..? It's not much but, Applejack has a little thing set up for us..."

Pinkie gasped softly in excitement as she nodded her head giddily, "Will we still have time after? Rarity has something going for us later today! She was so happy when I talked to her last week... I've got to go in first though, because she's in Canterlot right now. I've gotta get everything set up!"

Twilight's smile brightened, she was, for once, genuinely happy with how a day had turned out. "Of course Pinkie, we don't have to be at Applejack's all day.... We should get going though, the plans she has are pretty time exclusive to this..." She gasps softly as Pinkie grabs her hoof and gently pulls her to the door, which she hadn't realized was open still, "Wait, what about the-!" She looked back at where the cupcake portrait had been and saw nothing but the floor, turning her head back toward Pinkie, who had a bit of frosting on her muzzle.

"I took care of them silly!" She giggled loudly and continued pulling Twilight toward Sweet Apple Acres with her, her mane blowing back a bit, but not very much as it always seemed to be still.

Author's Note:

Little note from me.

Sorry that the chapters have been so short as of late, but I'm trying to get the chapters out for you all to see.... If you'd like me to make them longer, please tell me and I'll try to. But, as I've said before, I do need a bit of help with proofreading, and editing.

>~<

~TPW

Comments ( 2 )

Can't wait till the next chapter :pinkiehappy:

Pinkie got to eat Twilight pretty early in this relationship.

Login or register to comment