• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 1,885 Views, 17 Comments

The Night Claims A Rainbow - CloudWatcher



A nap in a tree sparks a feeling in the daredevil pegasus of Ponyville, Rainbow Dash. She pushes herself on to confront these feelings as she begins to feel she should. Will it work out?

  • ...
6
 17
 1,885

Part 1.5: Pinkie's Violet Obsession

Pinkie chuckles as her friend looks at the pictures she had drawn, and taken with a camera of her favorite pony in Equestria. "I started them a few days after we had all become friends, when I started getting the dreams of her.." She smiles happily, her trademark smile oddly shining in the dark room.

Rainbow continues staring at the pictures for a moment before she snaps out of the daze they had encased her in. "Have you... told her about this Pinkie? She might share the same feelings as you..." The pictures move to the back of Dash's mind as Pinkie yawns, being calm for so long had made her tired. "Oh Pinkie... If you're tired, I can let you sleep."

"You could spend the night, I have an extra bed!" Pinkie hops up excitedly and smiles at Dash, "Would you like to stay Dashie?" She looks out the window and realizes, "It's still barely afternoon, Oh. I thought it was later than that... Well! If you'd like to spend the night, come back over when it gets dark!" Pinkie smiles and hugs her friend tightly before nudging her out of her room and gently closing the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Pinkie's Side~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pinkie hugs her friend tightly before pushing her slowly out of her room and closing the door, hearing hoofsteps move away shortly before a door closes. "Well! Cupcakes are calling my name!" She waits a few moments to make sure that Rainbow Dash had really left before she opens the door and steps out, heading down the stairs with a slight bounce in her step as she went.

Mrs. Cake looks at Pinkie and smiles awkwardly, "Pinkie Pie, are you going to be able to help me make cupcakes while he's out?" Pinkie nods before heading downstairs, humming a happy tune as she went along.

She continues humming as she gets to the basement door, opening it and turning the light on before she heads in and locks the door. As the light illuminates the once dark stairwell and room, many, many pictures of Twilight were hung on the walls. Some were hoof drawn by Pinkie herself, others were ones she had taken when Twilight was sleeping. "I can't wait for the day where I can make sweets for our special day!"

Pinkie begins to hop down the stairs with a smile, hoping deeply that her dream truly does happen. To have the one mare that she loved, love her just as much in return. As she gets to the bottom of the stairs, she pulls a whisk out of her mane and blows it off as she begins singing and sorting out her baking ingredients.

My name is Pinkie Pie
And I am here to say
I'm gonna make you smile, and I will brighten up your day-aaay!
It doesn't matter now
If you are sad or blue

She finishes organizing her ingredients and begins to put them in mixing bowl in the proper order, "I was once to!"

Cause cheering up my friends is just what Pinkie's here to do
Cause I love to make you smile, smile, smile
Yes I do
It fills my heart with sunshine all the while
Yes it does
Cause all I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine
I like to see you grin
I love to see you beam

Smiling as she puts the cupcake batter in the tray, a single tear falls from her eye. "I love to see you shine!"

The corners of your mouth turned up
Is always Pinkie's dream
But if you're kind of worried
And your face has made a frown
I'll work real hard and do my best
To turn that sad frown upside down
Cause I love to make you grin, grin, grin
Yes I do

"Maybe one day you'll have a clue?" She smiles when she thinks of Twilight, continuing the song and baking, as well as looking at the many pictures around the room.

Busted out from ear to ear, let it begin
Just give me a joyful grin, grin, grin
And you fill me with good cheer
It's true, some days are dark and lonely
And maybe you feel sad
But Pinkie will be there to show you that it isn't that bad
There's one thing that makes me happy
And makes my whole life worthwhile
And that's when I talk to my friends and get them to smile
I really am so happy
Your smile fills me with glee
I give a smile, I get a smile
And that's so special to me
Cause I love to see you beam, beam, beam
Yes I do
Tell me, what more can I say to make you see
That I do?
It makes me happy when you beam, beam, beam
Yes, it always makes my day
Come on everypony smile, smile, smile
Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine
All I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine

"I hope you feel for me and that i'm not out of line..."

Rainbow steps away from the window looking into the basement, and jumps into the air as her wings flare out instantly, heading off into the direction of Golden Oaks. "You're not out of line Pinkie... And neither am I!"