• Published 16th Apr 2013
  • 6,812 Views, 407 Comments

My Little Bubble Bath: Alicorns take very long bubble baths - CosmicAfro



Celestia and Luna take a bubble bath which soon spawns into a game that takes three days to resolve.

  • ...
13
 407
 6,812

Guardians from above

“Ow! What is with all of this metal up here in the ceiling? No way all of this is support,” Penumbra grumbled as she blindly ducked under another bar, moving towards the small hole with light coming through it in the floor.

“I’m a bit confused too, but at least Peeps left a path for us with the rope on the floor.”

Another metal clang echoed in the hollow space. “Yeah, but a rope doesn’t tell you if there’s a bar at head level in front of you! Sometimes I wish I was a unicorn just so I could have a light whenever I need one.” She deftly stepped over a bar. “Ok, I think we’re al-“ Clang! “-most there. I swear my head’s going to have a huge bump over it, won’t it?”

Trying to be a gentlestallion, he said,“Should I take the lead for a while?”

“There’s not enough room for us to step over each other, and no way I’m letting you let go of this rope to go around me. We may be opposite guard teams, but there’s no way I can explain a missing guard in the ceiling.”

He shrugged, but she didn’t see it.

“Wow, it’s really spacious around the hole,” she whispered as they neared the location. “Enough for a few ponies.”

“Good, so we’ll both have enough room to look through it then.”

“If one of us needs to leave, we can shuffle around each other. I wonder if Peeps thought of this?” She bent down and began to continue spying. “Hey, you’ll want to check this out.”

“What is i- oh. A perfect aerial view of a Capture the Flag court made of… bubbles?” He coughed and laughed nearly simultaneously.

Penumbra’s stomach suddenly growled. “Uh, speaking of one of us being able to leave, think you could go to the Cafeteria and pick us up some breakfast? I got so caught up in this, I forgot we haven’t eaten in a while.”

His stomach gave a light response to the question at hoof. “You’re right, I hadn’t either. Fine, but you’re grabbing lunch.”

“Deal.”

He rolled his eyes, realizing he’d have to work through the tight tunnel once more, this time going backwards. And he hadn’t the slightest idea how he was going to carry food up there. He’d need something slim like… a sandwich.