• Published 16th Apr 2013
  • 6,817 Views, 407 Comments

My Little Bubble Bath: Alicorns take very long bubble baths - CosmicAfro



Celestia and Luna take a bubble bath which soon spawns into a game that takes three days to resolve.

  • ...
13
 407
 6,817

Call off the contest

…and whispered into her ear, “there’s something I need you to read.” She gently lifted herself off of her sister and stepped aside. From under her wing, Celestia pulled out a series of three letters, rolled nicely into a scroll. “There’s something you need to know about this room and I think now’s the best time to tell you."

Luna cautiously rose from her previously pinned state and righted herself. Her sister’s flaming hair made it difficult to see directly in front of her, but with a hoof over her eyes, she managed to levitate the letters to her.

As her eyes scanned the paper, Celestia could tell that she wasn’t expecting the news in the slightest. As she smiled at Luna’s revelation, her flames died down and her natural hair color restored itself. She groaned as the excess of magic left her body and oddly left a dry taste in her mouth. Maybe she had been secretly channeling that energy of wanting to end the fight over the days, she wasn’t sure. But it had given her the results she needed.

“Celestia… this was going to be mine?”

“Of course. I wouldn’t have spent all your funds on something and not return it to you in some proper form.” Luna opened her mouth, but Celestia raised a hoof, signaling to let her finish. “If you’ll remember, Luna, currency in Equestria was changing every few hundred years. If I simply returned the money to you, most of it would have been worthless save for the past three centuries. Buying gold was the best way to ensure your value wasn’t lost over time. If anything, it would increase.”

“So… you invested my money for me? Sister, I don’t know what to say, I-“

“Happy early birthday, Luna.”

Tears welled in Luna’s eyes as they embraced each other in a sisterly hug. There was a soft nuzzle as well, and in that soft nuzzle, Celestia whispered, “now go win this game so the tub is rightfully yours.”

Luna parted from the hug and nodded gleefully. She leapt out of the opening Celestia had made and soared through the steamy room to her sister’s tower where she found the flag wrapped in a bubbly bow. She had planned this from the start, Luna realized.

Luna pulled the mighty flag from the tower’s base and returned to the center field, where she happily placed the flag in the dead center.

Both of the sister’s ears twitched. A bubble popped. Another bubble popped. Bubbles started to pop everywhere. Before she even knew it, Luna landed into the bathwater underneath, thankfully keeping her eyes closed. She swam to the sideline where Celestia was happily waiting to give her a hoof. She pulled Luna out and levitated to her the towel.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”