• Published 16th Apr 2013
  • 6,812 Views, 407 Comments

My Little Bubble Bath: Alicorns take very long bubble baths - CosmicAfro



Celestia and Luna take a bubble bath which soon spawns into a game that takes three days to resolve.

  • ...
13
 407
 6,812

Outsiders... looking in.

“…and that was how I passed the Lunar Guard exam,” Penumbra finished with a bow.

Silver could only give an impressed whistle. “And I thought joining the Solar Guards was difficult. I mean, coercing a small band of dragons to trade gems, having to pass a survival exam, and still have to catch up on your studies?”

She smugly grinned. “Yeah, it is pretty impressive, isn’t it?”

“So what happened then?”

“Well, as it turned out, that was only the entrance exam.”

“At least you passed that.”

“Yeah, but the next follow-“ The sound an explosion interrupted her and they both covered their ears as they instinctually expected a resounding boom. They tried to lay as flat as possible on the floor until the unexpected sploosh of water hitting a wall forced them to realize the sound had come from inside.

“What was that?” Silver Lining asked in a minor panic.

Penumbra stood up as if nothing was amiss and dusted herself off. “Right, I forgot she was going to do a game of Capture the Flag.”

“What?”

She nodded. “We were supposed to be in there, by the way. But when you charged Princess Luna, I lost myself for a moment and… here we are.”

They stood in the empty hallway, watching as the windows greyed from the early morning sun coming to rise.

“Wait, how is the sun starting to rise if Celestia’s not raising it?” Penumbra said, turning to face Silver Lining for the answer.

“Her fail-safe spell is probably kicking in. Celestia has built in a sort of magical mechanism, something I don’t get myself as an Earth Pony, that activates in the lack of her absence. It has enough power to run for a few days in case of emergencies… or for this occasion, a bath war.” He took off his helmet, revealing his deep purple mane. Penumbra half expected his namesake to be somewhere in that hair, but a precursory glance of his side saw the Cutie Mark of a cloud and figured that’s where it was from.

“Oh. Neat.”

“It is complex, I don’t really understand it myself.”

Penumbra gave a passing glance at the door once more. “I wonder how it’s going in there.”

“I don’t know if we will ever know. We certainly can’t use the peep holes in the wall, we’d be exposed. The only other-“ He paused and his eyes lit up. “There’s still another peep hole in the ceiling! Peeps had told me about it before!”

“Well what are we waiting here for!?” She grabbed him by the leg and raced off, dragging him along the floor.