• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,168 Views, 13 Comments

Hasbro/Square Enix Kingdom Hearts Days of a Nopony - SonictheHedgepony



As Twilight Sparkle's Nopony works for the New Organization XIII, she comes across a startling revelation that changes her forever.

  • ...
13
 13
 1,168

Day 23-New Companionship

Day 23-New Companionship

When Discord was about to leave through a Corridor of Darkness he just conjured up, he was approached by Queen Chrysalis.

"Discord, I have an important piece of news for you from Lord Vanitas," she explained. "We think one or more of our members sent to the ancient castle in the Everfree Forest intend to betray us. I want you to find those backstabbers and kindly send them on their way."

"And it came from Lord Vanitas himself, eh?" Discord asked her. He felt uneasy to betray someone, especially after what happened last time. But, he was to do as instructed and upon stepping through the Corridor of Darkness, he, along with the portal, was gone.

***

"Discord!" As I had woken up, I realized I was late to tell him about my WINNER stick. And after fumbling out of bed, I ran straight into the Grey Area, noticing he's not there, as well as the Diamond Dogs, Garble, and Gilda. Queen Chrysalis came towards my side just as everypony was looking at me awkwardly.

"Discord already left for the Everfree Forest," she just said to me. "Come see me when you're ready." She then went to the very back of the Grey Area, obviously so she can give me my mission for the day. I then got out my ice cream stick and stared dejectedly at it.

"This ice cream stick with WINNER on it... I have to tell him what I just won." I eventually decided to tell him when he gets back and solemnly went to the Queen to get my new mission, which was to destroy a Heartless known as a Darkside. And you're not going to believe this, but I'm going to do this alongside our Fourteenth member, Solaris. I felt uneasy at this turn of events, because it hasn't said a word to me, or anypony else for that matter, since its arrival. But, I knew I didn't have a choice. And so, I just accepted our mission and went straight for Twilight Town via a Corridor of Darkness.

"Moondancer." I heard a voice behind me and I realized where it's coming from: Solaris. "Your name's Moondancer, right?"

"Yeah..." I trailed off as I briefly remembered how Vanitas gave me my name.

"Moondancer," she said again. She then lifted her hoof up to her hood and removed it from her head. "Good luck, alright?" I was surprised by what the hood previously concealed. Her head had a flowing flame-colored mane and had a horn coming from her forehead, just like me. I just shrugged this off and just gave a quick nod before continuing on our way. After arriving at the plaza of the station, we saw a jet black darkness emerge from the ground and take the shape of a humanoid monster.

"What the hell is that?" I was surprised that I even swore that I think I might have been influenced by Discord a little.

"That's our target, of course," said Solaris. I then summoned my Keyblade and charged at the Darkside with everything I had, but no matter what I did, it didn't fall as easily as all the other Heartless I fought, and eventually, I began to feel weak and tired, and that monster of a Heartless knocked out my Keyblade, causing it to land straight at Solaris' hooves. Suddenly, it appeared at her side and charged at the creature and flew up into the sky, literally. I saw she has wings too and with her flight power, she flew straight down and gave a powerful slash, it caused the Darkside to fall and disappear into nothingness.

"Solaris, I didn't know you could fly or use a Keyblade." I was so surprised I didn't even know what to say next.

"Actually, neither did I."

"Well, you did spectacularly. In fact, I'll get you something extra."

***

After getting ourselves our ice cream, I took her straight to the top of the clock tower and she took her place next to me. I then handed her her ice cream.

"Here," I said as I gave it to her. "This is sea-salt ice cream. Give it a try." She took a bite out of the ice cream and gave out a sound of delight.

"It's sweet and salty," Solaris commented. I noticed that her comment is similar to my two times I had this ice cream, but was glad she liked it.

"I know. Me and Discord always have ice cream after we're done with work. I also noticed that sea-salt is Discord's favorite."

"Well, it looks like it's your favorite as well," Solaris noted.

"Yeah, and actually, I don't really remember well, but Discord said he brought me here when I joined the Organization. And he got me some ice cream again after my first mission. He called it the 'icing of success' or whatever."

"You guys must be very close to each other."

"Discord's the first friend I ever have here."

"Your... friend?" Solaris must be confused about friendship like I was. "Can I be your friend, Moondancer?" I figured that, since she asked so nicely, I think I can bring her in as a new friend and that's when I came up with an idea.

"When Discord returns, let's ask him. That way, we can all have ice cream together after work!"

"Alright." I can tell by her voice that she must like my idea. And with that, it was settled. We can all be friends after Discord's return. And to wrap it all up, we spent the rest of our first time together eating ice cream and watch the sun set.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the brief switch from the first-person to the third-person and back again, but I figured that, since 358/2 Days focused on other characters viewpoints other than Roxas, I figured I'd give it a shot. I hope you like that part as well as the reveal of Solaris.